The Twilight Saga

In this story, Edward is a member of the Volturi and Bella lives in Forks as a human. When Bella discovers that her best friend is a vampire, she isn't sure she can take much more shock, but then something happens that will lead to a life-changing series of events which will intertwine her and Edward's fate...

Chapter 1
EPOV

They were closing in on us, cloaked in black robes that draped to the cold floor. I could see their faces under their dark hoods, though the sky was pitch-black, thanks to my vampire-enhanced vision. I clung to my mother, protecting her, and she cowered into my shoulder. I had come this far with her, I wasn't about to lose her.

I had heard of them, of course. The Volturi, guardians of the vampire's secret. The body of the man my mother had just killed was lying on the cobbled street beside us, his still flowing blood calling to me, but I knew that now was not the time. One of them stepped forward, a girl of about fifteen, with blonde hair and ruby eyes.

"You know of the law, I presume?" she asked tonelessly. I could hear her thoughts running through her mind. She was desperate to use her deadly power on us, to see us writhe in pain as she looked upon our tortured faces. I nodded, knowing not to make her agitated. "I was not speaking to you," she snapped, and her head whipped in my mother's direction.

My mother was quite old for a vampire, though the transformation didn't make her look so. She had bronze hair that went to her shoulders and a kind face, which was contorted with fear under the merciless girl's gaze. She nodded hurridly, and I knew what was coming next.

With blinding speed, I threw myself in front of her and took a defensive stance, ready to fight to the death to protect her. I growled menacingly, but the faces of the Volturi were unfazed. The girl blinked and I was on the ground, pain ripping through my body, worse than the transformation. I faintly heard my mother gasp, but it was all I could do to not fall apart at the ferocity of the agony. I screamed and writhed, begging madly for it to stop.

And then it was over, as quickly as it had started. I lay there for a moment to get over my shock, then got shakily to my feet.

"I'll do anything," I said rashly. "Anything to protect her."

The girl, who was called Jane, according to her twin's thoughts, looked me up and down as if she were buying a horse. Her expression remained unchanged, but her thoughts showed her consideration. She wondered if I had any powers beyond that of a normal vampire, and I knew this my be my only chance.

"Yes, I do. I can read minds." Jane and the three other Volturi looked a little shocked at my proclomation, but they had seen it before; their leader, Aro, could read minds as well.

"We will bring him to see Aro, and see what he thinks," Jane concluded, and I sighed with relief. I held my mothers hand as we made our way up to the castle and I could feel her shaking slightly. We had been through a lot together.

Ten years ago, I had been attacked by a vampire who spared my life and allowed the change to happen. My father had recently passed away and it devestated my mother to have her only son gone, too. After a few years, when I had gained control, I returned to my home and changed my mother so that she wouldn't have to be alone. We had been nomad vampires ever since.

And now we were trapped. We were led into a large circular marble room and the four vampires removed their hoods at the sight of their three elders. Jane walked up to him and put her hand in Aro's, and a flood of thoughts and images rushed through his head, Jane's thoughts. He saw what had happened in the alley and thanked her. She walked back to stand next to her brother and Aro looked at me.

"So, we share some gifts," he said simply, his posture calm and unrevealing. His thooughts, however, revealed how intrigued he really was. "And you wish to protect your mother. Well, I have a solution that will work very well for the both of us. You join us, help us protect the law, and we spare your mother."

"Done," I said immediately, and I felt my mother's hand tighten on mine. I gazed at her frantic expression and heard her desperate thoughts. She didn't trust the Volturi, she didn't want me to be a part of this.

"I'll do whatever I have to to keep you safe," I told her firmly, and she knew that there was no convincing me.

I turned back to Aro and saw him motion to a woman standing beside him. She gazed at me intently and I only had a split-second warning from her thoughts before she used her power on me.

I saw sense in the world. Of course joining the Volturi was the right thing to do! Who cared about my mother, she didn't matter. She had broken the law, killing her was the right thing to do. Aro knew what was best. I began to forget my past, focus on the future that I could have with the Volturi. I would be powerful, more powerful than any vampire who thought otherwise. I felt myself slipping away, and I looked on proudly as they tore apart my mother, making things right once again.

Tags: bella, edward, kill, makenna, not, vampire, volturi, will, won't

Views: 89

Replies to This Discussion

omg noooooo way that is so sad
poor poor bella

cant wait for more
Aww. . . . Heartbreak again. . . . please write more! Please!
Oh my god!!!!!!!!! This is so sad!!!!!!!
She lost both of her parents!!!!!! I really need more!!!!!!!
That's so sad!
Poor Bella!
What will happen next?
Please hurry and post!
I need to know!
Is she an orphan now?
Who will she stay with while in Forks?
So many questions that I NEED answered!
Please hurry and post so that I can find out what's going to happen!
She better be careful if she's going to keep fainting, if not she might fall on something hard and hit her head.
Ouch! ;-) lol
Please post SOON! :-)
PLEASE HURRY!!!
aww thats soo incrediably sad!!
Love it !!

Keep me updated please!
Nice story :D I loved it
POOOR BELLA!
i love it (poor bella)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds good!!!
Hugs,
Ashley
Please keep me updated
i love it.....:)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service