The Twilight Saga

What would it have been like if Bella and Edward hadnt met until the night Bella was bitten? What would like be like for them? What if Bella didnt know what she wanted? Would it work out with them?

WITHOUT

Chapter 1: Footsteps  (Bella POV)

It’s September, it’s warm out tonight. The sun has already set and its now dark, nice night for a walk. I’d done this many times before, so there was nothing off about tonight usually walked at night to relax, let off steam and stress from the day.
   There weren’t many people out due to how late it was. I didn’t mind; it was peaceful.
   After a while, I noticed that there are footsteps behind me, to which I don’t pay any mind. The steps increased in pace, getting closer. Still, this doesn’t seem to be any threat to me.
   Soon the hooded figure walking behind calls out to me, “Hey!” Surely he can’t be talking to me? Who is he? “Excuse me?!” He calls out again, closer this time.
    I looked back and notice he has increased his pace, quickly closing the gap between the two of us.
   I begin to quicken my pace in order to, maybe, find somewhere to go? It’s late; I doubt anything is open right now.
   I look back again, he’s getting closer now.

I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT, PLZ TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

Views: 4941

Replies to This Discussion

WITHOUT

CHAPTER 17: Flashbacks Pt. 2 (BELLA POV)

I let Peter get his moment before I would so abruptly end his miserable life. He pulled away from me and I smiled. I moved in this time for a kiss, and to make my move. The kiss started slow and soft before I put more force behind it. Peter chuckled as he pulled away and looked into my eyes.

His smile faded slowly as mine grew immensely. He stumbled back two steps, eyes wide. He was terrified, I could smell it. The smell of his blood intensified as his heart rate sky rocketed. It was rolling off of him in strong, crashing waves.

I played with my food more than necessary.

First, walking a bit closer, giggling along the way. Then I began to get closer, faster than his mere...human...eyes could track. All the while he stood froze stiff in the dark alley. Finally, I was standing directly in front of him, staring him in the face. I smiled.

A weak, forced smile tried to pull his lips upward but he just couldn't complete it. My smile grew wider. I was enjoying this.

I ran my fingers along his jaw line. As I circled him, I allowed my hand to run along his shoulder and back. I'm back in front of him, he's staring at me wide eyed. I look at him, smiling, and a low growl escapes my lips.

Peter opened his mouth to scream but before even the smallest sound can be made, my hand is already clasped around his neck cutting off the noise and his air supply. He tried to pull my hand free with both of his hands, but it’s no use. With one quick easy shove, he slams into the building wall and falls to the floor.

I quickly drifted over to him. I inhaled deeply once more to yet again take in the full aroma of his flowing blood. He was cowering away from me, terrified. He stood and I lunged for him, grabbing his throat.

Snap.

XXXXX

And with that sound my eyes adjusted and I was back in the abandoned house, alone. Here was so much venom in my mouth that I had to quickly swallow or it would eventually spill over my lips and onto the floor. I felt hot and flushed, if that was possible. I need some air.

I think I’m loosing my mind. I never wanted to hurt anyone. And yet I killed--and ate!--someone, and enjoyed it!

Now a feeling of remorse came over me. Regret. I didn’t mean to do it? I don’t know what came over me?

Suddenly, I’m not sure why, I thought of Edward. I could feel his eyes looking into mine. I could see down into the depths of those honey colored eyes. There was something there; honesty, goodness. But there was also something that was missing. Something that should be there. An emptiness.

What was it? Did we all have it? The something that was missing? There’s no way I would know? There was no one I knew that could tell me. Again I saw his face, Edward. No matter what I was feeling and when, he always seemed to pop back into my mind.

And with that came an unfamiliar empty feeling, which made absolutely no sense. Why did I feel like that? What did it mean? What caused it? All of the sudden, I felt a little empty myself. Humph.

Somehow, sitting here--all alone--thinking, the hours flew by. It was now dark and snowing outside. It was quiet, possibly safe for me to get out of this house? Stretch my legs.

I opted to go for a run tonight, after I found some sensible clothes of course, it would be safer for anyone if they were out for whatever reason. Figured I’d go up north, through Canada. Maybe stop and see the falls?

The air was a bit warmer tonight as I exited the front door of my shelter. The sky was cloudless and the air was clean…for now. Time to go look for a clothing store. Find some jeans and shoes.

I walked back towards town, saying a silent prayer that I wouldn’t cross anyone along the way. I slowly made my way up the streets, looking at the buildings as I passed hoping that I would find a store soon so I wouldn’t have to get further into the town.

Finally after two, thankfully empty, blocks I found a little vintage store where gently used clothes were sold. Now to get in. I crept my way to the back of the building, again hoping that I didn’t come across anyone. ‘Peters’ face flashed behind my eyes as I blinked and a cold shiver worked its way down my spine. “I’m sorry.” I whispered to myself knowing that it was far too late for that.

A door came into my line of sight. The name painted on the door was the same as the name decorated on the front display window. Now the only problem was how to get the door open? I didn’t know how, nor did I have anything with me even if I did, to pick a lock. But…what if I… I grabbed the knob in my hand, looked around for anyone who might be watching, then gave the door a hard tug towards me.

Success. The lock popped off and the door swung open towards me and I quickly made my way inside.

It was completely dark inside but that didn’t matter, my new eyes made it effortless to see inside the tiny shop.

“Jeans. Shoes. That’s all I need.” And a top of course. I began quickly looking through the racks for something, anything, that would fit. I found a pair of low rise jeans, a white tee, a flannel men’s button up shirt to wear over and a pair of black high top Converse. That’s it. Time to go. But before I left I grabbed an old orange backpack and threw in one more of each item I’d picked up just in case. Maybe I should grab a jacket too, just for show of course. I found a thin brown hoodie and added that to the bag.

I made my way to the back of the store and carefully snuck back out the door. Now to get out of the city limits and get somewhere safe, for everyone else that is. I headed back towards my safe house.

I decided to wonder backwards tonight, hopefully get to the woods from which led me here. I figured with me staying hidden within the forest of thick trees it would keep unwelcome scents at bay. I hope. I eventually found a big brown and green wall made of trees. Whether this was the specific wall I was searching for I wasn’t sure, but it would work, for now.

I started walking, just letting the sounds of the night life within the woods wash over me. It was quit peaceful; the sounds of crickets chirping, the scratching sounds the branches made as the wind forced them together, the way the wind itself whistled through the scattered leaves on the braches of the trees, the scurrying of the animals settling in for the night, and the hooting of the night owls as they awoke for the night.

As I walked I would occasionally take in a big gulp of the warm night air, tasting to be sure I was alone and hadn’t stumbled upon unsuspecting innocents. So far it was all clear.

Ultimately, I made it to the Canadian border and the Ambassador Bridge. The lights were beautiful, so bright. They reflected off the dark water below like hidden light bulbs under the smooth river surface.

It wasn’t too late and there was still some traffic on the bridge. Maybe if I ran no one would notice me? Here we go. Within the blink of an eye I was on the other side. All clear.

I started walking, headed toward the falls. It was a four hour drive there, and I knew it would take a while--a long while--but I thought walking would be better. Safer.

The air was getting colder as I walked. The temperature was dropping but I didn’t mind much. I wouldn’t be able to tell much anyway. I thought of him as I walked. My mind kept going back. And for a short, split second, I wished he were here with me. And for an even shorter amount of time, I could almost feel and picture me with him. I shook that image from my head, a little worried at from where it derived.

Why couldn’t I stop thinking about him? And why did I get that funny butterfly feeling in my stomach when I did think of him? ‘Okay, cut it out!’ I started scolding myself. ‘You left! You could have stayed. Besides, even if you had stayed, that doesn’t necessarily mean he would have been interested in you. Nor would you have said anything about it anyway. So shut up already!

My mood was plummeting, and fast! This walk was suppose to clear my head, not fill it with other distracting things.

I wonder what he’s doing right now?

STOP IT! You need to stop this! NOW!

I needed to walk faster, distract myself better, so I picked up the pace to a slow run, almost at the pace of a human jogging.

The cool wind felt great on the surface of my skin. It blew every strand of my hair away from my face and left it flaring behind me. I don’t think I would ever get used to the rush it gave me.

I was so caught up in the way the cool wind, wind that was now mixed with the cool night snow flurries, made me feel that I didn’t notice the fire that had slowly been building in the back of my now very noticeably dry, itchy throat. Great. I needed to find something, and fast. And preferably not human. I don’t want to hurt anyone else.

A/N: Its Friday, as promised! Hope ya'll enjoy. Let me know what you all think! These two still have quite a journey ahead of them, I hope ya'll will stick with me and see how it goes for them. Again much love for reading! --Cherie--
I love it! But Bella is so bad now. I hope he finds her soon.

Peace&Love
Kat♥
Finally the guilt part came.
I think Bella wouldn't hurt anyone if she felt guilt !!
love it!
omg
love it love it love it
cant wait to read more
update soon please
loveddd itt [: x333 keep me updated
plz continue
that was good cant wait to read more
update ASAP cuz i love it!!
moree i love it update mee
She is leaving is Edward ever going to find her and she is thinking of him how sweet. i love it
Love it update me please x

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service