The Twilight Saga

What would it have been like if Bella and Edward hadnt met until the night Bella was bitten? What would like be like for them? What if Bella didnt know what she wanted? Would it work out with them?

WITHOUT

Chapter 1: Footsteps  (Bella POV)

It’s September, it’s warm out tonight. The sun has already set and its now dark, nice night for a walk. I’d done this many times before, so there was nothing off about tonight usually walked at night to relax, let off steam and stress from the day.
   There weren’t many people out due to how late it was. I didn’t mind; it was peaceful.
   After a while, I noticed that there are footsteps behind me, to which I don’t pay any mind. The steps increased in pace, getting closer. Still, this doesn’t seem to be any threat to me.
   Soon the hooded figure walking behind calls out to me, “Hey!” Surely he can’t be talking to me? Who is he? “Excuse me?!” He calls out again, closer this time.
    I looked back and notice he has increased his pace, quickly closing the gap between the two of us.
   I begin to quicken my pace in order to, maybe, find somewhere to go? It’s late; I doubt anything is open right now.
   I look back again, he’s getting closer now.

I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT, PLZ TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

Views: 4932

Replies to This Discussion

omg those were really short but i still love ur story plz more soon
please write more!
cant wet for the next chapter.

WITHOUT

Chapter 4: Savior & Fire(Bella POV)

Out of nowhere I hear aloud growl. My attacker looks up, stands up strait then crouches down to lunge at something. He lets out another hiss and a deep growl.
Something growls back.
And within the blink of an eye, my attacker is gone and a new figure began to appear above me. No, not again, I began to panic and tried to move away.
“Miss? Miss!? Are you okay? Can you hear me?” A velvety voice called out to me it sounded muffled even though he was standing right over me.
“No, no, please.” I tried to scream but it came out more of a whisper. My body was weak, I still couldn't’t move.
The dark figure standing above me reached down and picked me up. “It’s gonna be okay.” I heard him whisper in my ear, holding me away from his body. It was almost as if he was afraid to hurt me anymore, or break me even. I could fell hands, they were cold; very similar to the feel my attacker hands had.
I began to struggle in his arms, afraid for my life, afraid of what he might do? I wanted to scream but I couldn't’t find the strength to get the sound out. I started kicking my legs and hitting the voice with my fists on his chest.
“Please let me go. I won’t tell anybody anything, please. Just let me go.” I begged him in a weak voice, hoping he would just leave me alone.
“Shh, shh, it’s okay.” He began to try to soothe me, “I’m not going to hurt you. I’m gonna get help. I know someone that can help you. Please be still.” The voice pleaded softly.
Due to what could only be massive blood loss and possibly a state of shock, I began to relax in his arms and can only assume I passed out. One minute I was in his arms on a dark, empty street, and the next I can see the faint ray of light. There’s noise and movement, where was I?
I was lying on a bed when I felt myself flinch to the feel of another set of cold hands on my neck and shoulder.
The owner of the soft, velvet voice was there to reassure me that everything was okay, “It’s okay, you’re safe. I’ve brought you to the hospital to have someone look at you. This is Dr. Cullen. He will be able to help and explain what is happening to you.” I felt his breath on my face as he spoke to me. It was almost intoxicating.
I noticed that another soft voice began to speak to me, “Hello? Miss can you hear me? Say something if you can hear me.”
“What happened?” My voice was weak and shaky and it was all I managed to get out.
Although I had so many questions, questions such as; who was the man who attacked me? What did he want? Why did he do it? And who was this stranger with the soft, captivating voice who went out of his way to help me?
“Where am I? Please help me.” I continued aloud.
“Okay, calm down. You’re safe. You should rest; your body has been through a traumatic event and needs to rest in order to heal. You are gonna be in quite a bit of pain for a while; I’ve given you a small dose of morphine, that might help but I’m not absolutely certain. I’m sorry, there not really anything else I can do. Just try to stay calm and relaxed. I really am sorry.” Dr. Cullen spoke in a soft tone, almost a whisper; I could barely make out what he was saying.
He turned to the man sitting next to me, “Call me when you need me.” And with that, he walked out of the room.
I felt myself drift off to sleep, my body relaxing as much as it could. I could once again feel a sharp pain forming in my neck, much like the one that shot through me when I was bitten.
I could feel it slowly running the course of my veins like before, only quicker and with more intensity. This pain was more like fire in my veins instead of ice. The fire shot throughout all of my body; from head to toe.
It was excruciatingly painful! The morphine wasn’t working! Was there nothing else I could have to help with the pain?

OKAY READERS, SO SORRY TO SAY BUT IM GONNA BE WITHOUT A COMPUTER FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS DUE TO A VIRUS MY HUSBAND PUT ON MINE! (GRRR LOL). SO I HOPE THIS IS ENOUGH TO HOLD YOU OVER TIL I CAN POST THE REST OF WHAT I HAVE DONE. AGAIN, VERY SORRY. HOPE I DONT LOOSE ANY OF YA'LL. THANX FOR READING! --CHERIE
omg
love it
It's totally awesome
Please keep me updated

can't wait for the next chapter!!!

:)
i loved it
this is really good plz keep me updated
~moe~
LOVE IT can't wait
cool write more!
Awesome!!!
plz keep me updated (:

WITHOUT

Chapter 5: Confusion & Confessions (Edward POV)

I watched her as she lay there in; so much pain yet ever so still.
I remember the pain being unbearable. I remember tossing and screaming for it to end. And here she lies ever so still as if peacefully sleeping.
She took my breath away. I watched the rise and fall of her chest as she breathed in and out. I counted each breath as the time passed.
My eyes ran over her face assessing every feature. I could feel her body heat radiating from her. I could smell the most mouthwatering scent emanating off her small, slender body. The scent was so strong yet it was fading. I could only imagine what it once was. Her lips looked so soft and warm. I imagined lightly tracing them with the tips of my fingers.
I struggled to understand the feelings that seemed to take over me, there were no words strong enough to describe them. I drowned in these feelings oblivious as to why I was having them. Feelings of a strong, almost magnetic pull to this fragile, unimportant human I had never met.
For the past eighty-eight years I spent my life numb to almost everything, from all raw emotion and then she comes along and changes everything. Why? What was so special about her? I’ve met many women in my existence and no one has affected me the way she is right now.
Who was she? My life was an unending, unchanging midnight, so how was it possible the sun was rising now? Now, in the middle of my midnight?
It almost pained me to watch her lay there suffering.
When I surfaced from the overwhelming feelings, I could feel that I was no longer the same. I needed to know her. But even more than needing to know her, I needed to be with her, to have her to myself.
With the feeling of needing to know her driving me, I began to look through her things. I found her license in the back pocket of her jeans:
‘ISABELLA MARIE SWAN. 19 years old. Forks, WA. Organ donor.’
Her picture caught my eyes. It didn’t do her justice. She had such pale skin. Her long brown hair and chocolate brown eyes stood out so strongly against the smooth translucent skin. Those eyes; they were so beautiful. If I would have known her before tonight, I’m sure those eyes would have consumed me over and over again. She was absolutly mesmerizing.
“Isabella.” I said softly. I turned back to look at her.
My head was swimming again with the thoughts and questions as to who she was, why I had found her, why this happened to her and whether or not she was strong enough to survive it.
A stronger feeling kept surfacing to the front part of my brain, making it hard to avoid. Again it was the feeling of wanting. I couldn’t pull myself away from her. All I wanted to do was hold her and tell her I was there for her. I didn’t understand it?
Why did I feel this way? I was so confused and couldn’t understand my feelings, so I decided to pry myself away from this captivating creature that now seemed to consume my every thought, and find the one person who may be able to help me; my father.
I walked down the stairs and down the hallway to Carlisle’s office. I knocked twice on the door, waiting for Carlisle to summon me in.
“Yes?" Carlisle answered from the other side.
I slowly walked into the dimly lit room where my father did his work away from the hospital.
"Edward, what is it? Is everything okay?” He asked silently, as he usually did.
With my ability to hear peoples thoughts, my family tended to just speak silently to me when we had one-on-one conversations. It was something we had all grown used to, it was normal, well-sort of.
“Is she okay?” he asked, a little more alert this time.
“Isabella.” I said gently, but with also what I noticed to be protectiveness. I liked the way her name sounded as it rolled off my lips. I smiled to myself. “She’s fine.” I said as I tried to compose myself.
“Isabella?” He asked aloud this time, curiosity clear in his voice and on his face.
“I found her license.” I answered as I cleared my throat and looked down. “Carlisle, I need to speak with you.”
“Edward? What is it son?” Carlisle asked silently, with a confused look.
He always made me feel like I could open up so easily when he referred to me as his son.
Carlisle had found me when I was sick with the Spanish flu, he turned me. To me he was my father; in more ways than one.
I needed him now, to help me understand this.
“I don’t understand it? I feel strange. I’m having the strangest feelings toward her. I feel this….this,” I paused, not knowing how to explain it fully.
“I feel this pull toward her. The feeling of not being able to keep myself from her. Of wanting to protect her. It pains me to be away from her side right now, and I don’t understand why. I want so badly to return to her but know I need to stay in order to understand this.”

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service