The Twilight Saga

What would it have been like if Bella and Edward hadnt met until the night Bella was bitten? What would like be like for them? What if Bella didnt know what she wanted? Would it work out with them?

WITHOUT

Chapter 1: Footsteps  (Bella POV)

It’s September, it’s warm out tonight. The sun has already set and its now dark, nice night for a walk. I’d done this many times before, so there was nothing off about tonight usually walked at night to relax, let off steam and stress from the day.
   There weren’t many people out due to how late it was. I didn’t mind; it was peaceful.
   After a while, I noticed that there are footsteps behind me, to which I don’t pay any mind. The steps increased in pace, getting closer. Still, this doesn’t seem to be any threat to me.
   Soon the hooded figure walking behind calls out to me, “Hey!” Surely he can’t be talking to me? Who is he? “Excuse me?!” He calls out again, closer this time.
    I looked back and notice he has increased his pace, quickly closing the gap between the two of us.
   I begin to quicken my pace in order to, maybe, find somewhere to go? It’s late; I doubt anything is open right now.
   I look back again, he’s getting closer now.

I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT, PLZ TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

Views: 4899

Replies to This Discussion

I am a new reader & im loving this story!!!!!! If you could please update me? That would be wonderful. But unfortunately I can't send a friend request to anyone so may you please add me as well Cherie? Thank you very much! Love your writing

Alice {e.p.} Thank you so much for giving WITHOUT a shot! I'm so glad you like it. I will def send you updates and add you as a friend! againk, thank you so much :)

I just wanna say please add me and I am totally addicted to your story please keep going lol

Lamonta, thank you so much for reading and I will def add you :)

very good plz keep me posted soooo!!!!!!!! gooooood!!!!!!
very good plz keep me posted soooo!!!!!!!! gooooood!!!!!!
post more i read the two chapters soooo!!!!! gooood!!!!!!

sooooooooooooooo        gooooooooooddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!! plzzzzz update SOON!!!!! :)

this is sooo incredible; I loove it(:

WICKED AWESOME!

Alex, Beccaa, & Alyssa....thank you so much for reading! I am currently working on the next two chapters and hope to have them up soon so keep an eye out! Much Love --Cherie--

Awesome!

WITHOUT

CHAPTER 33: Exception & Family Looks (Bella POV)

“What’s the exception?”
All he did was look at me.
“You.”

xxxxx

And I was lost again. Was I ever going to be on the same page he was on? “Wait, what? What do you mean ‘you’?”

He laughed at the puzzled look that I’m sure was displayed on my clueless face. “You are the exception. Bella I can hear everyone around me and with you, nothing. I don’t understand it. And I must say, I’m not liking it.”

Big sigh of relief. He can't hear me. And he doesn’t like it? Once again, confused by what he could mean by what he just said I had to ask, “Why does it bother you? That you can’t hear me?”

He blinked and shook his head a few times, smiling slightly, “I’ve been with you all night and every time you got quiet, all I wanted to do was know what you were thinking. What was going through your head. I wanted to ask but wasn’t brave enough. Afraid you wouldn’t tell me.”

It got really quiet. I didn’t know what to say. Honestly I don’t know if I would have told him. Most of the time I was either scared, nervous or just lost in the internal scramble of all the things going through my now-able-to-hold-a-million-thoughts-at-one-time head. But then there were the times that I was thinking solely about Edward. About being with him. About him being mine and what that might be like. I now know that those thoughts were not far from what he could have been thinking but still, how was I to know that then. Therefore, more than likely, I would have kept my thoughts where they apparently stayed, to myself.

Softly he asked, “What are you thinking now?” He continued to stare at me. I’m not even sure he was watching the road anymore.

It took a few seconds before I could answer, “Honestly I’m not really sure what I’m thinking. There’s so much going on up there. I guess I’m confused…as to why you can't hear me.”

Edward turned back to face out the windshield into the night and slightly shrugged his shoulders, “The only guess I have is that maybe your mind doesn’t work the same way everyone else’s does. Like your thoughts are on the AM frequency and I’m only getting FM.”

“Umm, okay then.” I chuckled.

He laughed, “No offense.”

I smiled, “None taken.” My guess also woulda been that my brain doesn’t work right. But then again how am I to know? This is all so new. Subject change, “Tell me more about your family. What did Carlisle bring into the next life, and the others?”

Edward smiled again, “Well, like I said, everybody brought something. Not all as unique as Alice’s gift but still. Carlisle brought his compassion. His genuine nature. He’s the kind of man that you could sit down with and feel comfortable talking to, even if you had just met him. He’s the rock of all of us, he holds us together.

Esme, she brought her ability to love passionately. She’s the heart of our little family. She welcomed everybody with open and very loving arms.

Emmett brought his strength. I don’t think he would ever back down from a challenge that were brought to him.

And Rosalie, well, Rosalie brought her…tenacity.” He laughed again as he referred to his blonde haired sister.

“Jasper has a very interesting gift. He was quite charismatic in his first life, able to influence those around him to see things his way. Now he is able to manipulate the emotions of those around him--calm someone when they are nervous, or excite a lethargic crow. It’s a very subtle gift.”

They all sounded so…interesting. And unique. I couldn’t imagine having a gift like any of those and what it felt like to be in control like that. Carlisle, Esme, Emmett and Rosalie all had gifts that any mortal had but according to Edward it was stronger. Well maybe not exactly Rosalie.

The feelings they each held for each other was so much more than he, himself, could explain. I could only imagine what he meant. The feelings that I felt for Edward had grown immensely over the course of the night now that we were together, and to be with people who mean this much to you for centuries has to be a bond no one could possibly understand. And impossible to break.

“They all sound so different. I can’t wait to meet them. Officially.” I said as I tried to picture myself as part of this magnificent group of vampires. It wasn’t easy, I was so average. What if I didn’t fit in?

“I’m sure they will be more than happy to meet you. Officially.” Edward laughed as he added in the last word.

“How much longer do you think we have before we reach Forks?”

“Not long. About an hour.”

I inhaled deeply and let out a long breath.

“You’re still worried.” I guess it wasn’t that hard to figure out. “There’s no need.” Edward reassured me, taking my hand in his. “Everything will be fine.” He smiled at me, that helped a little.

“Right.” I tried to smile back but I don’t know if it worked. He wasn’t fully convincing me. Hell, I wasn’t convincing me. I can’t help it, I’ve always had a problem with being the center of attention. And here I was going back to his home where I’m sure I would be getting more attention than I could handle.

I don’t know if it was the hour that flew by or us in Edwards sleek car obviously made for speed, but by the time I knew it we were entering Forks. Edward had reassured me time and time again throughout the drive that I had nothing to worry about and no need to be nervous but now that we were actually almost there, all that meant nothing. My nerves were getting the best of me and I couldn’t help but fidget.

City limit signs passed, stop lights turned from red to green and before I knew it we were turning off the main road onto a hidden private driveway that lead to what seemed like the middle of nowhere.

The winding road was enclosed by tall trees that we wove in and out of between. It led us to a two story home that looked familiar. The house in general didn’t look familiar but the glass wall did. And the front door. The front door from where I had made my quick get away. Away from Edward and his family, and the help they were offering me. More fidgeting.

As he cut off the engine, Edward turned to me and put his warm hands over mine, “You’re going to be fine. They are waiting for us upstairs. They don’t want to overwhelm you. Whenever you are ready, we can go up.”

I looked down at Edwards hand laid over mine and then back out of my window. I closed my eyes and let out one last long breath. I turned back to face Edward, looking into those beautiful eyes, every fear and worry I had was now gone. “I’m ready.”

xxxxx

A/N: First off a very BIG thank you to all those who have continued to read this even after my very long, very continuous absenses. Cheryll, there are so many thank you's I have for you. You have coninuously encouraged me to keep this going and have given me the courage to continue to write even after I finish this. So THANK YOU!! Much love goes out to you and all my readers.

Secondly, as sad as I am to say this, 'Without' is coming to an end. After this chapter, there are only 2 more left. *tear* These two are finally putting this long night behind them. And of course I will be sad to say goodbye, but hopefully there will be more to come from me and I hope you all stick around to see how those go.

Much Love --Cherie--

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service