The Twilight Saga

ok this will probly be rubbish lol as this is my first post... ok wish me luck!

Bella's POV
*whirrrrr-clickclick-whirrrrrr-clickclickclick-whirrrrrrr*
I snarled at the hover-car. Resisting the temptation to smash through the bonnet and rip out the dieing engine, I cleared my throat, testing it to see if it was controlled and called for Rosalie. She was by my side in a flash of loveliness.
"Hover-car broken again?" she said lightly, but with a badly concealed hint of annoyance.
I snarled an affirmitive, and narrowed my eyes at the contraption on the floor. "It's still flying at a lean", I hissed and growled under my breath.
She sighed. "Emmett!"
"Allright?" Emmett winked at me then turned with a more serious expression on his face to the hoverless-car. "Want a carjack?"
"Yes, Bella has managed to bust the engine AGAIN."
"Well it is the latest model and you know what Bella is like with the *in* fashion" he said with a low chuckle.
I just snarled under my breath at him.
"Ooh scary" he retorted before booming a laugh.
"Want an armwrestle?" I said sweetly, and had the pleasure of watching his expression sour. I really liked Emmett but sometimes he could be a real pain in the ass.
"Momma?"
I turned with a smile. Renesmee was nearly a hundred years old now but she still had the looks of a 16 year old.
"Hey honey".
"Hover-car broken again?"
I groaned. Why was this becoming the most-said thing in the Cullen family? I couldn't help it - I repelled this new technology.
"Yesss" I hissed between my teeth, and glared at the hover-car again.
"Edward's back."
A smile spread on my face. Edward had been out hunting with Jasper and Carlisle for the day. "What a relief!"
Rosalie's voice drifted from under the hated piece of metal, "what's wrong with us?"
"Of course nothings wrong with you" I laughed, "I'm just glad he's back that's all". Renesmee drifted off to the door.
"Where are you going?" I asked.
"Jacob." That was it, and she was gone - running down past the lake.
I sighed but didn't press on it. Then I ran in the opposite direction to the front door and Edward.

I slowed as I got near the hall, then stopped completely. I could hear Edward's musical voice, Carlisle's calming one and a completely new voice. It was deep but quiet, and had almost a faint rasp to it, like the sea on a windy day. It had that wooshing noise too. It was almost definitely vampire. Raising my head, I inhaled deeply and the newcomers scent hit me with a blow that left me reeling. It was a fusion of crushed pine needles, the taste of the air before a storm and jasmine or honeysuckle. It was delicious. The door swung open and Edward stepped in with a beam on his voice, my favourite crooked smile. I grinned in response and he strode over to me and placed an arm around my waist. Carlisle entered, followed by the newcomer I was so curious about. I stifled a gasp, knowing that it would displease Edward. The newcomer was infinitely beautiful. More beautiful than Rosalie or even Edward! I was glad he couldn't read my mind just then. His skin was a flawless tribute to stone, and even though it was raining outside his skin glimmered with an iridescent glow. His hair was dark, like what I would imagine the treetrunks of a secret forest would look like, and his eyes were a warm shade of butterscotch. He was tall, and leanly muscular, with slender fingers. As he looked at me, the corner of his mouth turned up in a breathtaking smile.
"Hello" he murmered, and his voice washed over me like the warm sea tide, "the name's Silas."
I recovered quite quickly, which I was astonished at, though it was probably because of Edward's furious snarl. I stared at him, shocked. His face was livid, his lips pulled over his teeth in a threatening grimace and his eyes were swirling black. I wondered what Silas had been thinking. Even more curious, I wondered what EDWARD was thinking. I had been his mate for a century and he thought that I would up and leave him as soon as I found a better-looking guy. I placed a hand on his shoulder and he relaxed a bit. But just a bit.

I had all but forgotten about Carlisle until he stepped forwards and spoke. "Bella, this is Silas. He has my friend for my 4 centuries".
I nodded, then turned to Silas. "It is nice to meet you" I said, and I meant it. Edward tensed.
"And you" he replied, his golden eyes sparkling. I turned away with difficulty and looked again at Edward. "How was hunting?" I asked.
"Interesting" he replied shortly, his expression dark.
I didn't reply, I was too afraid my voice would wobble. What was with him? Silas was gorgeous, but I was married to him, we had a CHILD for gods sake, so he should just ease up.
"SILAS my man" Emmett bellowed.
Silas turned and grinned in pleasure. "Emmett" he called back, "it's been too long".
There was a whosh and Emmett and Silas were clasping hands, and banging each others backs.
"You've met" I said breezily, stating rather than questioning.
"Once" chuckled Emmett. I raised an eyebrow.
"They got on immediately" said Carlisle, a hint of a smile in his voice.
I had to laugh at that. "I can tell" I laughed, and was about to go on to ask Silas if he was stronger than Emmett when there was a gasp from the top of the staircase. Alice was standing there clutching a vase tightly and staring at me.
"What was that Alice?" Edward hissed. Alice just shook her head.
"What was it!" I had never seen Edward so worked up. "TELL ME ALICE!" he roared.
"Edward!" I exclaimed shocked. I was staring so intently at his face, I barely noticed that Alice had disappeared.
Edward looked at me. "I don't know what she saw, it was so blurred." A pained look crept onto his face. "But it..."
"But what?" He looked down. "But what!"
"Nothing" he sighed, then he grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs. I was going to protest but he looked so worried, I din't want him to snap.

Views: 25

Replies to This Discussion

i lvoe it :)) please keep me updated:))
Thanks! I definitely will!
Hey. Um, I posted two new chapters, if you wanted to read.
In the end, we had to brave downstairs again.
I walked down, unwillingly. I didn’t want to see Silas as much as I longed to study the gorgeous, almost-human colour of his skin.
Edward enjoyed my reluctance, and I thanked whatever holy being had allowed my mind to remain a no-go zone.
We descended the wide staircase; at the bottom of which were a cluster of all of my vampire loved ones.
And then he turned around, the light from the hanging chandelier glistening in his still damp hair, and gave me the widest, most gorgeous smile I had ever seen on a face of a living being.
My hand involuntarily clenched in Edwards, and I tasted his concern in the back of my throat, but I pushed the dazed feeling to the back of my mind and reassumed a haughty expression.
I ignored Silas completely, grinning at Emmett and exchanging high fives with Alice and Jasper.
But my gaze slipped back over to him, like a writhing fish in my old, human-clumsy grip, and he was chuckling quietly at my ‘trying-to-lord-it-over-him’ expression. Then his gaze flicked up from the floor, and the deep tiger-amber eyes slammed through the back of my mind, twisting it, distorting it, leaving it numb and senseless.

Thunder cracked outside the white washed walls and floor-to-ceiling windows of the Cullen’s – our – massive house.
Silas dropped my gaze and instead flicked it over to the window; his face slipping into a casual lazy grin that radiated happiness through the window.
“What’s funny?” I asked, unable to stop myself.
The grin fell off his face like a wet rag, and his gaze was infinitely colder when he finally turned his gaze to slowly meet my eyes again.
A spark of ice flashed between us, before the chill set back in his tiger eyes melted.
He ran a hand through his oreo-coloured hair; rain drops still trickling out of it where they’d been sitting peacefully like they’d been placed there by a professional photographer.
“Oh, you know.” His velvety voice was scratched by the soft, sandy rasp – the sound of the sea on a windy day. “Thunder. My kind of weather.”
I cocked my head, insatiably curious by his frosty glare followed by the relaxed voice again.
He noticed my intensity and responded with a slow smile that spread over his face like molten lava, crackling and burning with a mesmerizing, destructive charge.
I dragged my gaze away, and – pulling Edward by the hand – walked out in to the rain.

I was shaking, I realised.
“Bella?”
Edwards’s voice was quiet, but it sounded like he was shouting from Japan. Everything was muffled.
“What?” I asked, my voice shaking. “What was that? What was he thinking? He was lying. I know it. I know it!” I hissed.
“I-” His voice was hopeless. “I don’t know, love. He stole your power. I couldn’t see what he was thinking.”
I turned to face him, and found him pushing his fist into his forehead.
“Hey.” I took his clenched hand in mine and pulled him towards me.
“We’ll drive him out. He can’t stay where he isn’t wanted,” I whispered, sounding certain.
“I-” Edward was shaking his head, despair carved permanently into his brow. “I don’t think we can.”
“Well, certainly not with that attitude.” I winked heartily at him and tapped his nose lightly with my finger.
But inside, as much as I hid it, I was scared for us too.

We didn’t go back to the house in the end. We went straight to our cottage, and we lay on the four poster bed, our white drapes hanging over us like they had been for all the century I had been with Edward.
“It’s nice to have something perpetual to be with, isn’t it,” I mused, my eyes wide and unblinking, staring at the moonlight casting its blue and white pallor over our garden through the window.
“Lasting forever can be nice,” Edward whispered back, “If you have someone to last forever with.”
I smiled at him.
“I remember something along those lines, long ago.”
He grinned down at me, and moved so he was suspended over me.
His smile was gentle and beatific. “It’s good to repeat the sentiment, sometimes,” he breathed, and leaned in to kiss me.

The morning after, we were heading through the dew that lay on every blade of grass in our forest, when Jake arrived with Renesmee straddling him.
“Allright Jake,” I addressed him indirectly, staring away through the trees.
“He says good morning,” Edward said in a quiet monotone.
I flicked a glance over his long muzzle and exposed teeth in the familiar wolfish grin.
“Renesmee, dear, please don’t ride Jake too hard while we’re all watching,” I murmured in a neutral voice.
“He says you appear to be in a foul mood this morning.” Edwards smile was strained.
“You tell Jacob to mind his own business.”
“He says you can say it to him. He’s right in front of you.”
There was a pause where none of us said anything.
Then Edward winced theatrically.
“He also told me not to edit.”
“What did he actually say?” I asked blankly.
Edward winced again. “He said…that he and Renesmee had nothing to with your bad mood… And you should at least say good morning to your daughter because you’re supposed to be a role model mother.”
I snarled incredibly quietly, under my breath.
“One day with no good morning won’t kill her,” I replied, in a completely expressionless voice.
“He said at least look at her.”
I dragged my gaze, strangely reluctantly, up to her cherub-round, rosy face.
There were the copper curls and my own deep, chocolate brown eyes.
I felt a pang as I realised what I wanted to see was oreo-coloured, pine-bark dark hair resting at the nape of a long, slender neck, curling behind the ears and flopping over an angled face like an anime character. I wanted to see tiger-amber eyes.
I stared into the deep, brown eyes for a half-a-second, before turning and shooting faster than sound towards the Cullen house.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service