The Twilight Saga

Nessie just turned five and it's starting at a new school, where she'll find new people and have new adventures, while hidding who she really is. She'll find friends, enemys and maybe even a new love. Sequel of "A New Life" but it stands on its own.

A New Path

Five years

"Happy birthday," I heard in my ear and my eyes flew open. Jacob. I smiled and he smiled back.

"What time is it?" I asked him.

"Time for you to go to school," he said, smiling even wider. "I came here to see you in your uniform and to gave you this," he handed me a little gift bag with a pink ribbon.

I opened it and saw a beautiful bracelet inside. I took his arm and showed him my first Christmas, when he gave me a bracelet that looked exactly like this one.

"Yeah, you grew too fast so I thought you needed a new one," he said taking the bracelet out of my hand. "Do you like it?" he asked me, a little insecure.

"I love it," I told him, stretching my arm so he could clasp it around my wrist and I felt myself blushing instantly at the feeling of his touch.

Jacob and I are close, like really close, best friends, to be more specific, but he doesn't know that I want us to be more and I'm scared to tell him 'cause I'm sure he doesn't feels the same about me. He's always been there for me, ever since I was a little girl, he's been like a brother to me, but lately those feelings morphed and now I can't stop thinking about him; his smile is always in my mind, making my head spin and butterflies to fly in my stomach. He is so caring, so understanding and so beautiful that I'm slowly falling for him, not that he notices me, I mean, yeah we're best friends and spend lots of time together, but for him is just that; we are friends and nothing else. That only thought bummed me in a second.

"Why the long face?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows, he could read my face so easily. "You should be happy; today is your birthday and you'll get to go to school, isn't that what you have always wanted?"

"Yes, it is, I'm just nervous, that's all," I lied to him and smiled. School starts today, actually started a couple of weeks ago but my mother told me I was able to go the moment I turned five, that day being today, so today I'll start school with new people to now and new experiences to live. Even though I'm five I look like I'm fifteen, that's why my parents allowed me to go; I'll start today as a sophomore in a private school here in Seattle. My father insisted in a private school, agreeing with that was the only way he would let me go, so I accepted immediately, the second reason he let me enroll in high school is that my mother we'll be a literature teacher there, so I'll always be protected, and, like my father always says 'protecting you is the most important thing'.

Is a good thing no one in the school would now the teacher is my mother, they'll think she's my sister, at least that's our story now; my mom is my sister, she's 22 (actually she's 18, and will always look like one, but she can go by like a 22 years old), she just graduated from Dartmouth (she actually graduated a couple of years ago) and she's my dad girlfriend. My dad is 20 years old (he's really 17) and he's in his second year of medicine in U-Dub. My dad is grandma's brother, she's acting like she's 26, so my dad can't act like her foster kid anymore, grandpa is acting like he's 27 and he will be working in a hospital here in Seattle. Aunt Alice is acting like one of the foster kids; she'll be 18, just graduated from high school and is starting a business with Aunt Rose, she is also pretending to be 18, is the same business as they had in New Hampshire – an event planner company – but they started again so they can act like they are younger and we'll be able to be here for a while. Aunt Rose and uncle Jasper are acting like they're twins and they are relatives of grandpa Carlisle, Uncle Jasper helps with Alice and Rose's business, but only when is extremely urgent. Finally is Uncle Emmett, he's also acting like one of the foster kids, he's 19 and he's Alice's brother, he got a work in a bar downtown.

Messy, huh? Well, that's my life, we always have to pretend because we are vampires and we don't get old, well, actually I'm a half-vampire and I do get old, but from Grandpa Carlisle's estimations I'll stop growing when I turn 7 and I will always look like an 18 years old, just like my mom. One of the benefits of being a half-vampire is that I look much more human, my skins isn't that white and my eyes don't change color depending if I'm hungry or not, I have human needs, like going to the bathroom and eating something besides blood, and I get human reactions; I can blush and I can cry, so is easy to hide my real identity.

We are not all vampires, Jacob is actually a shape shifter, he can turn into a wolf willingly and won't age if he keeps shifting and that's why he looks like he's 25 ever since he was 16. He looking like a 25 year old since he was 16 is due to the fact that half breeds – like me and Jacob – age really fast, so he aged from 16 to 25 in a matter of months, like I've aged from newborn to 15 in five years.

"Nessie, you have to get dress or you'll be late to school," my father told me from the first floor. Jacob stood up from my bed and offered me his hand; I took it and got up for school. I went to my bathroom and he got out of my room. I took a short shower, I tried to get the knots out of my hair while I was there; my curly hair becomes a wild mess if I don't brush it constantly. I got out of the shower and dressed with my new uniform, it's a deep blue tartan pleated skirt with a white blouse, a deep blue tie and cardigan, with the school logo in the chest. I went down stairs and everyone was waiting for me in the kitchen.

"Ohhh, you look so cute," Aunt Alice squeaked and went to hug me. Everyone hugged me, telling me I looked beautiful, wishing me a happy birthday and giving me gifts. Aunt Alice and uncle Jasper gave me like ten new outfits I could wear when I was with my friends out of school (of course this was Alice's idea), aunt Rose and uncle Emmett gave me an iPhone, they said I could do a lot of fun stuff with it, but more importantly I could call them whenever I needed and they'll be there in a heart bit, all the important numbers where already on the phone. Grandpa Carlisle and grandma Esme gave me a brown leather diary, so I could write every exciting moment of the new adventure that I was heading and finally, my mom and dad gave me a simple silver necklace with a big R.

"If I could produce tears I'll be crying now," my mother said hugging me again. She kissed the top of my head and held me a little tighter.

"You grew so fast," my father added, joining the hug. "I can't believe you are already five and you are going to school!"

"I'm fifteen," I whined.

"You may look like you are fifteen, but you are only five," he replied. Jeez, if they all keep treating me like I'm five Jake would never take me seriously. I felt my father stiffen and I rolled my eyes. That's what happens when you hear another people's thoughts, I added in my mind.

"You know I can't help it," he said sighing. "I wish I could."

Everyone looked at us funny, but then understood that I was having a silent conversation with my father, something we do a lot. My father new before I do that I was falling for Jacob, he tried to get me distracted, he did his best effort of keeping me away from him, but he could pick from my mind that that wasn't helping matters. I was falling for him irrevocably and no one could do anything about it, not even me.

Then they sang "happy birthday" with a cupcake, saying they'll have a real cake in the afternoon; I thanked everybody, ate the cupcake and drank a cup of tea. My mother always says that I should drink milk, but I don't like the smell of it and the flavor is even worse, so she stop trying to persuade me when I was four. At least I eat more food now that back then, but I drew the line in milk.

"Okay, are you ready to go?" My mom asked me. My father was going to give us a ride, something I'm not particularly excited about; no one wants to be seen with her parents on the first day of school.

"You won't be seen with your father, you'll be seen with your sister and her boyfriend," my father reminded me and I winced at the word 'boyfriend', that was plain creepy.

"I can give you a ride if you want," Jacob said smiling at me, obviously sensing my discomfort. My dad growled softy and I smacked him on the arm and warned him with my eyes.

"That's actually great," I answered smiling. My father was going to protest but my mother spoke first.

"Edward, is already too embarrassing for her that I'll be a teacher in her school, maybe it'll be less embarrassing if she doesn't show up with us on her first day," she said, stroking his face. My father melted instantaneously at her touch and I knew he wasn't going to argue anything after that. I touched my mother and thanked her silently; she winked at me and smiled.

"Okay," my father agreed, "but you'll go behind us at all moments. Are we clear?"

"Sir, yes, sir," Jacob and I said at the same time and laughed afterwards. They all looked at us and rolled their eyes; coincidences like this were common with me and Jake.

We went outside and everyone went to the door and said goodbye. We were living in two secluded houses near Lake Union; my father's house and my grandparent's house. In my house it's only me and my parents; in the other house is everyone else. Jake is sharing an apartment downtown with Seth, Seth is also at the U-Dub – studying business management – and Jake is working at a restaurant; he's taking a couple of classes to be a chef.

My parents went to my father's black Volvo; he used to have a grey one but changed before we got to Seattle, saying it was way too updated. I went to Jacob's truck, he used to have a rabbit but changed a couple of years ago for a new shiny silver ford; it was big and it was manly and I loved the stupid thing.

We were already on the road when I started nibbling my bottom lip nervously and shaking my leg furiously.

"Don't be nervous, you'll do great," Jacob told me, patting my hand.

"I don't know," I said looking through the window. "What if no one likes me?" I asked him and he snorted the moment the words came out of my mind.

"What's not to like?" Jacob argued and gave me a reassuring smile. "You are funny, smart and beautiful; everyone will like you, just wait and see."

"Yeah right," it was my time to snort. "You only say that 'cause you're my best friend."

"I only say that because is truth," he said stopping at my school's parking lot. We saw my dad getting out of his car and walking to open my mom's door, he extended his hand to help her and she came out in a fluid movement. Everyone in the school was watching them; the girls were clearly talking about my dad, whispering who knows what in other girl's ears and the boys were elbowing each other and pointing at my mom. It was always like this with this two; the worst of it is that they both get jealous every time someone of the other sex notices them and that's why my dad kissed my mother thoroughly in front of everyone. I shivered and screamed 'stop it!' in my head, so my dad stopped and laughed, he obviously heard me in his mind, he told something to my mom, kissed her one more time and let her go. When he was getting to his door he looked at me and gave me a little wave, I say 'bye, I love you,' in my head and he smiled, he got in the car and drove away.

I took a cleansing breath and shivered when I was exhaling. Jacob put his hand on my shoulder and I turned around to look at him.

"Everything is going to be fine, stop worrying, call me if anything goes wrong and I'll be here before you hang up, okay?"

"Okay," I said with a shaky voice.

"I'll come to pick you up in the afternoon; I don't have to work in the restaurant today and I want to know how everything went. Relax you'll do great."

"Okay," I said a little more forcefully, knowing that Jacob we'll be here when all of this is done is something to look forward. I smiled and he smiled back.

"Now, go kick some asses," he said and his smile grew wider.

"Here we go," I said and came out of the car, ready to start my newest adventure.

IF YOU WANT ME TO UPDATE YOU, JUST TELL ME AND ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS.

THANKS FOR READING IT!

Chapters:

CH 2: http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/a-new-path...

CH 3: http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/a-new-path...

CH 4: http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/a-new-path...

CH 5: http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/a-new-path...

CH 6: http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/a-new-path...

Haven't read A New Life? Here's the link: http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/a-new-life...

Tags: High School, Jacob, Reneesme, Seattle, The cullens

Views: 514

Replies to This Discussion

I'm glad.... And you won't, sorry :P but answers may take a while....
:)

that was awesome!!
i already read your other story (a new life) it was also great like this one

you are a really great writer!!

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it :)
NEW READER!! and i love it can you update me plz!!
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it :)
I luv it and i would love for u to continue
I will! Thanks for the comment :)
I'm glad and I will :)
love it "josh's brother was turned to a vampire he knows about them" an idea if you want 

hey!!!! new reader and loooooooooveeeeeeeeeeee it more ASAP and plzzz update me!!!!

yay more more more of ur great stories!!

Clueless

My first week of classes was great; grandpa Charlie is still here (he stayed to celebrate mom's birthday, who was supposed to turn 24) and we are planning going to Forks in a couple of weeks. April is already my best friend, she's a little quirky but I think that's actually cool, although every person in school thinks she's just a freak, only because she dresses funny and she's always with a book in front of her nose, but people in here doesn't know that – between April and I – I'm the real freak…

A lot of people is always picking on April, especially Carla, who I learned was the head cheerleader and her dad is some kind of millionaire, making her a really annoying daddy's girl. I almost got into a fight with her the other day, but I kept my cool; I know I can kick her ass, there's no need for me to show her.

Chris still is the same jerk I've met the first day; he too bothers April, but he also tries flirting with me, without success, obviously… Jake is getting pissed with Chris' attitude, but I told him it was not worth it, while swooning all the time by he's reaction; I still can't decide if he's acting jealous 'cause he sees me like his sister or because he wants me for himself, let's hope for the latter.

Also, I'm officially on the volley team – I had to plead my parents for two days before they gave me their permission, warning me to be really cautious and advising me to drop the ball once in a while, – the girls in the team (there are no boys) were really excited when they saw me playing, they are all nice and April and I started sharing the same table at lunch with them.

Finally, but not least; Josh. I still don't know what's his deal; he is always looking at me with curiosity, but never talks to me, and when I try to approach him he makes excuses and walks away as fast as his feet let's him. He still smells like he's been hanging with a vampire, but my dad still can't hear anything useful going on in his mind and they are already planning following him.

"If we know that he's been hanging with a vampire, the vampire he's hanging with must know about us," uncle Jasper said and everyone in my family nodded, except for Grandpa Charlie and Granma Sue who were with Seth traveling around the city.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Because the vampire must already smell yours and your mother scent all over him," he answered.

"But they can't know for sure it's me and mom," I replied.

"Honey, you two showed up and the smell showed up, it's not too difficult to figure it out," dad added.

"Oh," I said. "I guess you are right."

"Don't worry Ness," Jacob said squeezing my shoulder. "We'll go and see for ourselves who this vampire is."

"Maybe you should let me talk to him first," I argued.

"Not until we know what we are dealing here," dad replied.

"I wish that Jacob weren't so set in going with us, at least by that way I'll be able to see ahead," aunt Alice said annoyed, shoving Jake at the same time.

"I've told you," he replied, rolling his eyes. "I need to see for myself if this is a threat against Nessie or not."

"I get it," she told him. "But it still annoys me."

"What if we tied the dog on the back yard?" Rose asked smirking.

"You know there's no chain strong enough to stop me," Jake answered with a smirk as wide as hers.

"Besides, you know Nessie would find the way to untie him," uncle Emmett added and I blushed knowing that was probably truth.

"Okay, so Bella, Edward, Alice, Jake and I will go," uncle Jazz said. "We'll park in front of the house and we'll send Jacob – in his human form – to smell the area, we don't want to leave our smell all over the place."

"What if the smell is not coming from there?" I asked.

"We'll go to Josh's usual spots, we've been following him for the past couple of days for that reason," uncle jasper added.

"Are we ready?" Mom asked.

After two hours of me pacing around the room – with Emmett and Rose's eyes following me – the rest of my family got home after going to Josh's house.

"Did you see the vampire?" I asked them the moment they were inside.

"No, but we have a pretty good idea of who it may be," dad answered me.

"How?" I asked.

"The scent was in his house, but only in one of the rooms," Jacob told me, going to the kitchen and fetching a coke for him and one for myself. "We supposed the owner of the room was Josh's sister."

"Was?" I asked confused. "You believe that Josh's sister is the vampire?"

"Yep, 'cause the only human scent in the room was Josh's and no one else's, not even the smell of his parents."

"We looked in the internet and found out that her sister went missing almost six years ago," mom added, "but the police didn't gave much thought to the case 'cause she was involved in drugs and thought she'll show up dead in an alley, but she never did."

"We also think we know who made her a vampire," Jacob told me, winking.

"Do you have to give her every little piece of information?" my dad asked him, annoyed.

"She said earlier she wanted to know everything, that's what I'm giving her," Jacob defended himself.

"You now Jake always gives Nessie whatever she wants," my mom told my dad with a pointed look.

"Are you going to tell me or not?" I asked, annoyed by their little confrontation; is not the first time this happens and it won't be the last.

"When your mom was human there was a vampire trying to kill her," aunt Alice said, annoyed by their discussion also.

"Really?" I asked, surprised. My family don't talk too much about my mom's human years; not because they don't want to talk about it, but they only answer the things I ask, but I can't ask something I can't possibly know that may or may not have happen, that's why I know the basics and I always found new things this way, like the time I found out that my dad almost killed my mom the first time they met.

"To make a long story short," my mom said, rolling her eyes to Aunt Alice who just shrugged, I looked at Jacob and he winked at me, letting me know he would tell me everything my mom left behind. "This vampire named Victoria – the one who wanted me dead – created and army to fight our family. They transformed a lot of people here in Seattle, always people from the street, so their deaths would go unnoticed. We believe, from Shelly's background and the time she went missing, that she was transformed by Riley – Victoria's second in command – but found the way to run away."

"Shelly?" I asked.

"Josh's sister," Jacob answered.

"Oh," I bitted my lip wondering about what was next. Does Josh know his sister is a vampire? I think so, why will Shelly come all the way to Seattle if it wasn't for him? Has Shelly smelled my mom or me in Josh's clothes? I'm pretty sure she has; I always sit next to him in math and I've been told my scent is no something you run into everyday. Does he know my mom is a vampire? Does he know I'm not human either? I think I got to talk to him.

"I think that would be the best," my dad added, listening to what I was thinking.

"What's for the best?" Jake asked, he was playing with a lock of my hair absentmindedly without me noticing; I blushed and looked at the other side when I noticed.

"I think that Nessie should talk to Josh," my dad told him. "But I think you should test the water first."

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe you should ask if he has any siblings," he said.

"Oh, sure," I nodded, biting my lip.

"I don't like this," Jake stated.

"Of course not," Aunt Rose said rolling his eyes. I felt a little fight coming and I wasn't in the mood for it, so I got up and walked outside, I told my dad in my mind that I was going to be at the park that was a couple of blocks away.

I was lying in the grass looking at the clouds that were covering the sky, thinking about Josh's situation and how terrible must be to lose someone you love when a breeze brought me Jake's scent, I made no attempt to move and he just lied on the grass next to me.

"I don't want you near that boy," he said. I could feel the heat coming from his body; he was always running a few degrees above normal human temperature, just like me.

"You already said that," I reminded him. "Like a million times, already."

He snorted and turned around, looking at me with his hand propped under his head.

"I know I can be a little overprotective," he said looking at me, even though I was still looking at the sky.

"A little?" I asked, now it was my time to snort.

"Okay, a lot," he said rolling his eyes. "But is my job to protect you."

"Why do you always say that?" I asked him, this time looking at his eyes, a half smile formed in his face.

"Because I always felt that was my job, from the moment I saw you, I knew my job was to protect you," he told me this with so much intensity that for once I thought he may feel about me the same way I feel about him. That's when Seth arrived.

"Hello, children," he said, standing above me and looking at me in the eyes.

"Hello," I replied, slightly annoyed. "How was your day?"

"It was fine," he said shrugging, sitting in the grass next to me. "I heard about that John guy."

"Josh," I corrected him, Seth just rolled his eyes and took a bite from a sandwich he was holding in his hand.

"Are you going to talk to him?" he asked me, but before I was able to answer Jacob spoke.

"Of course she is," he said, stilling Seth's sandwich. "She's dead set on talking to him, no matter what I – or anyone else for that matter – say."

Jacob stood up and walked away, without looking at me.

"He must really hate John," Seth said.

"Josh," I corrected him again. "And he is mad at me, not at him."

"He can get mad at you," Seth said rolling his eyes and I snorted. "For real, he can't."

"Well, he didn't get the memo today," I told him. "How is everything going at UDub?"

"Fine," he said shrugging off.

"Any girl you fancy yet?" I ask him, fluttering my eyelashes.

"Nah," he said looking at the sky. "I've look at the eye of almost every girl in my class, and no one got what it takes."

"Are you waiting for your imprint?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows in shock.

"What do you know about imprinting?" Seth asked me.

"A little; Jake told me is stronger than the stronger feeling you have ever had," I answered, trying to grasp anything like it and failing miserably. How can I imagine something like that, if my very own feelings are too overwhelming?

"When did he tell you this?" Seth asked again.

"A couple of years ago, at your mom and my grandpa's wedding, when your sister imprinted on Sam's baby."

"Oh," he said and looked to the ground.

"You'll found someone, I'm sure of it," I told him, squeezing his shoulder. "You are a sweet person, you're smart and funny. There must be an imprintee somewhere for you."

"I hope you are right," he said with a half smile. "I love you Ness."

"I love you too Seth," I smiled and got up. "Wanna go to the swings?"

He grabbed my hand and we went to the swings.

"Do you know how are you going to approach Josh's situation?" Seth asked me, with emphasis on Josh's name.

"Yep," I answered, biting my lip.

"And?" he pressed.

"I'm going to ask him out."

A/N: So? What do you think? Let me know in a comment :)

If you read The short second life of Bree Tanner then you know that in fact there is a Shelly that run away from Victoria's army ;)

I appreciate you for reading this, you are the best. Gracias!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service