The Twilight Saga

Nessie just turned five and it's starting at a new school, where she'll find new people and have new adventures, while hidding who she really is. She'll find friends, enemys and maybe even a new love. Sequel of "A New Life" but it stands on its own.

A New Path

Five years

"Happy birthday," I heard in my ear and my eyes flew open. Jacob. I smiled and he smiled back.

"What time is it?" I asked him.

"Time for you to go to school," he said, smiling even wider. "I came here to see you in your uniform and to gave you this," he handed me a little gift bag with a pink ribbon.

I opened it and saw a beautiful bracelet inside. I took his arm and showed him my first Christmas, when he gave me a bracelet that looked exactly like this one.

"Yeah, you grew too fast so I thought you needed a new one," he said taking the bracelet out of my hand. "Do you like it?" he asked me, a little insecure.

"I love it," I told him, stretching my arm so he could clasp it around my wrist and I felt myself blushing instantly at the feeling of his touch.

Jacob and I are close, like really close, best friends, to be more specific, but he doesn't know that I want us to be more and I'm scared to tell him 'cause I'm sure he doesn't feels the same about me. He's always been there for me, ever since I was a little girl, he's been like a brother to me, but lately those feelings morphed and now I can't stop thinking about him; his smile is always in my mind, making my head spin and butterflies to fly in my stomach. He is so caring, so understanding and so beautiful that I'm slowly falling for him, not that he notices me, I mean, yeah we're best friends and spend lots of time together, but for him is just that; we are friends and nothing else. That only thought bummed me in a second.

"Why the long face?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows, he could read my face so easily. "You should be happy; today is your birthday and you'll get to go to school, isn't that what you have always wanted?"

"Yes, it is, I'm just nervous, that's all," I lied to him and smiled. School starts today, actually started a couple of weeks ago but my mother told me I was able to go the moment I turned five, that day being today, so today I'll start school with new people to now and new experiences to live. Even though I'm five I look like I'm fifteen, that's why my parents allowed me to go; I'll start today as a sophomore in a private school here in Seattle. My father insisted in a private school, agreeing with that was the only way he would let me go, so I accepted immediately, the second reason he let me enroll in high school is that my mother we'll be a literature teacher there, so I'll always be protected, and, like my father always says 'protecting you is the most important thing'.

Is a good thing no one in the school would now the teacher is my mother, they'll think she's my sister, at least that's our story now; my mom is my sister, she's 22 (actually she's 18, and will always look like one, but she can go by like a 22 years old), she just graduated from Dartmouth (she actually graduated a couple of years ago) and she's my dad girlfriend. My dad is 20 years old (he's really 17) and he's in his second year of medicine in U-Dub. My dad is grandma's brother, she's acting like she's 26, so my dad can't act like her foster kid anymore, grandpa is acting like he's 27 and he will be working in a hospital here in Seattle. Aunt Alice is acting like one of the foster kids; she'll be 18, just graduated from high school and is starting a business with Aunt Rose, she is also pretending to be 18, is the same business as they had in New Hampshire – an event planner company – but they started again so they can act like they are younger and we'll be able to be here for a while. Aunt Rose and uncle Jasper are acting like they're twins and they are relatives of grandpa Carlisle, Uncle Jasper helps with Alice and Rose's business, but only when is extremely urgent. Finally is Uncle Emmett, he's also acting like one of the foster kids, he's 19 and he's Alice's brother, he got a work in a bar downtown.

Messy, huh? Well, that's my life, we always have to pretend because we are vampires and we don't get old, well, actually I'm a half-vampire and I do get old, but from Grandpa Carlisle's estimations I'll stop growing when I turn 7 and I will always look like an 18 years old, just like my mom. One of the benefits of being a half-vampire is that I look much more human, my skins isn't that white and my eyes don't change color depending if I'm hungry or not, I have human needs, like going to the bathroom and eating something besides blood, and I get human reactions; I can blush and I can cry, so is easy to hide my real identity.

We are not all vampires, Jacob is actually a shape shifter, he can turn into a wolf willingly and won't age if he keeps shifting and that's why he looks like he's 25 ever since he was 16. He looking like a 25 year old since he was 16 is due to the fact that half breeds – like me and Jacob – age really fast, so he aged from 16 to 25 in a matter of months, like I've aged from newborn to 15 in five years.

"Nessie, you have to get dress or you'll be late to school," my father told me from the first floor. Jacob stood up from my bed and offered me his hand; I took it and got up for school. I went to my bathroom and he got out of my room. I took a short shower, I tried to get the knots out of my hair while I was there; my curly hair becomes a wild mess if I don't brush it constantly. I got out of the shower and dressed with my new uniform, it's a deep blue tartan pleated skirt with a white blouse, a deep blue tie and cardigan, with the school logo in the chest. I went down stairs and everyone was waiting for me in the kitchen.

"Ohhh, you look so cute," Aunt Alice squeaked and went to hug me. Everyone hugged me, telling me I looked beautiful, wishing me a happy birthday and giving me gifts. Aunt Alice and uncle Jasper gave me like ten new outfits I could wear when I was with my friends out of school (of course this was Alice's idea), aunt Rose and uncle Emmett gave me an iPhone, they said I could do a lot of fun stuff with it, but more importantly I could call them whenever I needed and they'll be there in a heart bit, all the important numbers where already on the phone. Grandpa Carlisle and grandma Esme gave me a brown leather diary, so I could write every exciting moment of the new adventure that I was heading and finally, my mom and dad gave me a simple silver necklace with a big R.

"If I could produce tears I'll be crying now," my mother said hugging me again. She kissed the top of my head and held me a little tighter.

"You grew so fast," my father added, joining the hug. "I can't believe you are already five and you are going to school!"

"I'm fifteen," I whined.

"You may look like you are fifteen, but you are only five," he replied. Jeez, if they all keep treating me like I'm five Jake would never take me seriously. I felt my father stiffen and I rolled my eyes. That's what happens when you hear another people's thoughts, I added in my mind.

"You know I can't help it," he said sighing. "I wish I could."

Everyone looked at us funny, but then understood that I was having a silent conversation with my father, something we do a lot. My father new before I do that I was falling for Jacob, he tried to get me distracted, he did his best effort of keeping me away from him, but he could pick from my mind that that wasn't helping matters. I was falling for him irrevocably and no one could do anything about it, not even me.

Then they sang "happy birthday" with a cupcake, saying they'll have a real cake in the afternoon; I thanked everybody, ate the cupcake and drank a cup of tea. My mother always says that I should drink milk, but I don't like the smell of it and the flavor is even worse, so she stop trying to persuade me when I was four. At least I eat more food now that back then, but I drew the line in milk.

"Okay, are you ready to go?" My mom asked me. My father was going to give us a ride, something I'm not particularly excited about; no one wants to be seen with her parents on the first day of school.

"You won't be seen with your father, you'll be seen with your sister and her boyfriend," my father reminded me and I winced at the word 'boyfriend', that was plain creepy.

"I can give you a ride if you want," Jacob said smiling at me, obviously sensing my discomfort. My dad growled softy and I smacked him on the arm and warned him with my eyes.

"That's actually great," I answered smiling. My father was going to protest but my mother spoke first.

"Edward, is already too embarrassing for her that I'll be a teacher in her school, maybe it'll be less embarrassing if she doesn't show up with us on her first day," she said, stroking his face. My father melted instantaneously at her touch and I knew he wasn't going to argue anything after that. I touched my mother and thanked her silently; she winked at me and smiled.

"Okay," my father agreed, "but you'll go behind us at all moments. Are we clear?"

"Sir, yes, sir," Jacob and I said at the same time and laughed afterwards. They all looked at us and rolled their eyes; coincidences like this were common with me and Jake.

We went outside and everyone went to the door and said goodbye. We were living in two secluded houses near Lake Union; my father's house and my grandparent's house. In my house it's only me and my parents; in the other house is everyone else. Jake is sharing an apartment downtown with Seth, Seth is also at the U-Dub – studying business management – and Jake is working at a restaurant; he's taking a couple of classes to be a chef.

My parents went to my father's black Volvo; he used to have a grey one but changed before we got to Seattle, saying it was way too updated. I went to Jacob's truck, he used to have a rabbit but changed a couple of years ago for a new shiny silver ford; it was big and it was manly and I loved the stupid thing.

We were already on the road when I started nibbling my bottom lip nervously and shaking my leg furiously.

"Don't be nervous, you'll do great," Jacob told me, patting my hand.

"I don't know," I said looking through the window. "What if no one likes me?" I asked him and he snorted the moment the words came out of my mind.

"What's not to like?" Jacob argued and gave me a reassuring smile. "You are funny, smart and beautiful; everyone will like you, just wait and see."

"Yeah right," it was my time to snort. "You only say that 'cause you're my best friend."

"I only say that because is truth," he said stopping at my school's parking lot. We saw my dad getting out of his car and walking to open my mom's door, he extended his hand to help her and she came out in a fluid movement. Everyone in the school was watching them; the girls were clearly talking about my dad, whispering who knows what in other girl's ears and the boys were elbowing each other and pointing at my mom. It was always like this with this two; the worst of it is that they both get jealous every time someone of the other sex notices them and that's why my dad kissed my mother thoroughly in front of everyone. I shivered and screamed 'stop it!' in my head, so my dad stopped and laughed, he obviously heard me in his mind, he told something to my mom, kissed her one more time and let her go. When he was getting to his door he looked at me and gave me a little wave, I say 'bye, I love you,' in my head and he smiled, he got in the car and drove away.

I took a cleansing breath and shivered when I was exhaling. Jacob put his hand on my shoulder and I turned around to look at him.

"Everything is going to be fine, stop worrying, call me if anything goes wrong and I'll be here before you hang up, okay?"

"Okay," I said with a shaky voice.

"I'll come to pick you up in the afternoon; I don't have to work in the restaurant today and I want to know how everything went. Relax you'll do great."

"Okay," I said a little more forcefully, knowing that Jacob we'll be here when all of this is done is something to look forward. I smiled and he smiled back.

"Now, go kick some asses," he said and his smile grew wider.

"Here we go," I said and came out of the car, ready to start my newest adventure.

IF YOU WANT ME TO UPDATE YOU, JUST TELL ME AND ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS.

THANKS FOR READING IT!

Chapters:

CH 2: http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/a-new-path...

CH 3: http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/a-new-path...

CH 4: http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/a-new-path...

CH 5: http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/a-new-path...

CH 6: http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/a-new-path...

Haven't read A New Life? Here's the link: http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/a-new-life...

Tags: High School, Jacob, Reneesme, Seattle, The cullens

Views: 517

Replies to This Discussion

IT'S REALLY GOOD. tho until i finished reading i understood why jake was jealous or "mad" as Renesmee says it.
thank you! :)
omg !! she is gonna ask him OUT !!!!!! ilove ur fanfic. plzzz keep me uptaded :))) oh & POST SOOOOOOOOOOOON :)))
oh my jake is really gonna like that!
hahahahaa, yeah

OMG..Cant wait 4 more...

Keep Me Posted.

--KITKAT

I'm so sorry, but my computer broke down big time :(

This new story IS amazing. And would be Nessie who destroys Lillina's ass. Lol.

Sorry you just left us with a horrible cliffhanger with Lillian alive. Even if you don't continue the threat with New life is ok, as longest Lillian is gone lol.

I rarely see Nessie stories and yours is no dissapointment. I wonder how nessie is going to handle that Josh kid and what would she feel towards Jake.

When is the next chapter coming up?

And what is jake going to feel or do when Nessie is going out with another guy. I know he suppose to be anything for her but come one!!!!

We all know where this imprint leads to!!!!!! Dum Dum dah dah--(that is suppose to be the wedding song lol)

post soon please

LOL I almost choked... I was drinking water when I read what Nessie sai

"I'll ask him out"

LOL hahahajajajajajajajajjajajajajaja por poco me muero de la risa!!!! ahahahaahhahahha

wow love it ,me encata!!! more ASAP

I won't bother you now, read and I'll leave a note at the bottom of the chapter :)

First step

"Date him?" Seth asked bringing his swing to a sudden stop. "Why would you want to date him?"

"I didn't say date him," I told him, bringing my swing to a stop too. "I said that I'll ask him on a date."

"How is that any different?" He asked, standing next to my swing, I hopped off and we started walking toward my house.

"Because it'll be just one time thing and I think that more than one date it's required to date someone."

"Oh," he said, with some kind of relief. "But, can't you talk to him at school?"

"Would you tell someone you don't know that your sister is a werewolf?"

"No, never," he replied. "Not in a school, not even in a fancy restaurant."

"That's right," I told him, walking more slowly now that we were approaching home. "I will ask him out not to ask him about his sister right away, but to earn his trust. And I won't be taking him to a fancy restaurant, I was thinking taking him for a coffee, or something like that."

"That's actually a pretty good idea," he said smiling at me.

"You sound shock," I said, quirking an eyebrow. "I may be five, but I'm five times more intelligent than you."

"That you are Nessie, I won't argue back," he laughed and opened the door to my house, letting me go before him. I must have be thinking about Jacob – something I tend to do all the time – because my dad told me immediately that he was in the backyard; I thanked him and went to find Jake, who was walking toward the little forest that started just behind my house. Live surrounded by woods it was one of the things we were looking for when we moved here; it's easier to go hunting this way.

"Jake," I yelled at him and picked my pace, he came to a stop. "Where were you going?" I asked him.

"I thought of taking a little run," he told me, looking ahead.

"Great," I said, hoping he would look at me instead of the woods. "Go phase and I'll wait for you here, I feel like running too."

"Ness," he said with a big sigh. "I want to be alone."

"Oh," I said shocked, running through the woods was something we enjoy doing together… or so I thought. He started walking away from me and I couldn't stop the question from coming out of my mouth; "Are you mad at me?"

He stopped again and this time he turned and looked into my eyes. He must have seen something in my face because a look of concern filled his features, he move toward me and grabbed my arms.

"I've never gotten mad at you and I won't start now," he said with such and intensity that I couldn't look away.

"Then why are you acting like this?" I said; my voice almost a whisper.

"Because I worry about you," he told me, lowering his voice and releasing my arms. "And you don't care."

"Of course I care," I replied, and took a step ahead. "I know that you think that something bad might happen if I talk to Josh, but is the opposite thought that scares me the most."

"The opposite thought?" Jake asked confused.

"That something may happen to you – all of you – if I don't."

"It's not your job to protect family, less alone protect me."

"But it is," I replied. "I'm bound to protect you and my family because I love you too much not to do it."

"But…" he started fighting back but I stop him.

"Besides, I know what I'm doing," I told him with a wink and the corner of his lips twitched, like he was fighting a smile.

"You are stubborn just like your mother, did you know that?"

"I've been told a couple of times," I said smiling and he smiled back. "Do you still feel like running on your own?"

"No," he answered.

"Good, 'cause I'm starving," I said and he laughed, went behind a bush and reappeared in his wolf form. I stood right next to him, patted him on the head and ruffled his soft fur, earning a soft purr back.

"You want to race?" I said, getting in position and he barked as an answer. "Okay, at the count of three; One, two…" and I started running, two miles away I yelled "three!" and I heard Jacob's paws hitting the earth, making me run even faster.

Two hours later we were back at my house, me with my cheeks bright red from drinking blood and he still in his wolf form. I waited for him in the swing that was in the yard while he changed back into his human form. He came out from behind the bush and went to sit by me.

"That was fun," he said, stretching his arms and legs, sinking further in the cushions of the swing.

"I hate the fact that you always win when we run, even if I cheat," I whined and he laughed, retrieving a twig that was trapped in one of my curls.

"But you can climb trees faster than me," he replied with a smile. "And I have to be in my wolf form to bit you on a race."

"I guess that's right," I said, standing up, I stretched myself and turned around. "Are you hungry? I can make you a sandwich."

"Only one?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and I snorted.

"You're right," I said laughing. "Come on in, I'll do a bunch."

After he ate four grilled sandwiches and half a litter of coke he went home, kissing me on the cheek and telling me he'll be here tomorrow before I go so he could take me to school.

XxX_XxX_XxX_XxX

"What are you planning to do?" Jake asked me the next day, already in his truck on our way to my school.

"About what?" I asked him, changing the music.

"About Josh," he said, making me stop what I was doing, he looked at me, frowning. "You have a plan, haven't you?"

"Of course I have one," I said, thanking he was looking ahead again, 'cause I felt myself blushing. "I'm going to talk to him today."

"And?" he pushed, still looking ahead.

"I was thinking about asking him to go with me for a cup of coffee or something," I mumbled.

"What?" he almost yelled, I could see the tips of his ears turning red. "You are going to ask him on a date?"

He came to a stop in my school's parking lot and turned around to look at me, I was fumbling with my zipper.

"Is not a date," I reassured him, I didn't want him to take a wrong impression on the situation. "But he won't talk to me right away, so I thought that if we hang out and we get to know each other a little he'd trust me and he'd talk to me about his sister."

"I'll go with you," he said hastily.

"Sure, because a seven feet shape-shifter will help in the task of earning his trust," I told him, rolling my eyes for emphasis.

"I don't want you alone with him," he said, his jaw tense and his hands in fists.

"Who said anything about being alone?" I asked in disbelieve. Haven't we discussed this yesterday?

"Then?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Is coffee, I was thinking in going to a coffee shop," I replied. "Last time I check, lots of people drinks coffee and I've heard that coffee shops are quite popular."

"I'm not joking Nessie," he said rolling his eyes, his jaw relaxing a bit.

"I'm not joking either, I was stating a fact," I said, raising my eyebrows. "Coffee shops are full of people, that is why I'm picking the place, so stop treating me like I'm a careless little girl who doesn't know what she's doing."

I stormed out of the car and started walking toward the school's door, my dad was with my mom next to his car and they looked at me while I was walking rapidly.

"What happened?" dad asked and I answered in my mind. Ask Jacob.

I could hear Jacob yelling my name; I could also hear that he was picking his pace and I picked mine, I was already too tired to keep arguing with him. I heard dad talking to him, making him stop and I thanked him in my head. I went into the building and April was next to me in a second.

"What was that?" she asked me. "Who is he?"

"That was a little fight," I told her with a sigh. "And he was Jacob."

"That's Jacob?" she asked me with wide eyes. I told her all about Jacob last week, after she caught me sending him a text with – what she called – agoofy smile.

"Yes, that's him," we stopped at my locker where I got my books for my first class.

"He's hot," she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"I know," I said with a sad smile, hating the fact that I just fought with him and I left him alone in the parking lot. April was going to ask me a question when the bell ringed, she told me we would see each other in the next our and went to her class.

I went to my own and heard my cellphone in my bag; I took it out and saw that I received a text from Jake.

Please, don't be mad at me. I just worry about you.

With a sigh I replied: Didn't we discuss this yesterday?

I was already sitting in my place when I received a response.

I know. I'm sorry. I won't ever doubt you again. Please don't be mad at me Ness, I can't take it when you are mad :(

I could picture him in my mind pouting and I couldn't stay mad at him anymore. Okay, I forgive you, but you better behave from now on, because I won't be so forgiving next time.

There won't even be a next time. I swear. You are the best Ness, see you tonight.

That was nice. I hate to stay mad at Jacob for more than a couple of hours, not that I get mad a lot, is almost impossible to do so.

At lunch we were sitting with Rachel and the rest of the volley team when I saw Josh entering the room.

"Hey, I'll be away for a second," I said to April and the girls, they nodded and kept eating. I walked toward Josh who saw me, turned around and left.You can't outrun me Josh…

Outside the cafeteria I called him and he came to a stop, probably knowing that I won't let him scape so easily this time.

"Yes?" he turned around and looked at me frowning.

"I wanted to talk to you," I said with a smile.

"About?" he asked, raising his eyebrows and shoving his hands deep in his pockets.

"Are you avoiding me?" I accused him. I didn't know what else to say, the words 'wanna go out for a cup of coffee later?' got stuck and this came instead.

"No," he said, turning slightly red. "Why would I do such a thing?"

"Because every time I try to talk to you, you turn around and walk away as fast as you can."

"Is not like that," he mumbled, blushing even more.

"And I want to know why," I said.

"Why?" he asked, biting his lip nervously.

"Yeah, I want to know why you are trying so hard to avoid me even though you don't know anything about me."

"I'm not trying to avoid you," he said, looking at his feet.

"Probe it," I dared him.

"Probe it how?" he asked, slightly panicked.

"Go out with me, today, for a cup of coffee," I said.

"Today? I don't know…" he trailed off.

"If you are not avoiding me, this shouldn't be a problem. We could go to the coffee shop that's a couple of streets away, we could get to know each other and, if after that you decide you don't like me, then you can star avoiding me."

"I don't know Renesmee," he said, looking at me and biting his lips even more.

"Oh, come on," I said. "I won't bite you, I swear."

"Okay, sure, let's go out for coffee," he gave up. "As long as you won't bite me..."

"I swear," I said smiling and he gave me a small smile. "See you after lunch."

A/N: I'm so sorry! But my computer broke down big time and I lost everything! My music, my photos and MY STORIES! And I just got a new computer yesterday (told you, my computer broke down BIG TIME) and I started writing as fast as I could to give this to you. I'll try to update this story as fast as I can.

Again, sorry for taking so long and thak you so much for waiting. You guys are the best!

You can follow me on my twitter @conytabustos or you can check out my blog, where there's a page dedicated to fanfiction, where I recommend some of the fics I've read; conaab.blogspot.com :)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service