The Twilight Saga

A star in darkness

Intro/prologue.

I sat on the cliff side looking up at the stars. I closed my eyes, and rested my head on my knees, wrapping my arms around myself. I sat like that for at least an hour. Then out of the forests deep, I heard footsteps coming towards me. I did not look to see who it was.

Edward sat besides me on the damp cool ground. I could feel his gaze on me, but I still did not open my eyes. I took a deep breath, letting my lungs be filled with his beautiful scent. I opened my eyes to find myself looking at the star filled night again. My mind was blank, and I felt like a hollow empty shell. I started thinking about the stars. Did they ever get lonely? Did they ever get tired of staying up in the blackness? Edward’s arm came around me and hugged me into him. Then the answers flooded through me like a tsunami. The stars never got lonely, for which they were surrounded by other stars. Moreover, they never get tired of staying in the darkness because they created there own light, shining through and through the darkness, making all there problems disappear in a lightning flash. I was half-aware of Edward next to me. I turned my head to look at him. His eyes were golden and dazzling the fabric of my being.

I kept on staring at him and so did he. If I was still human my heart would be racing, and my cheeks would be flaming red. I could see my refection in his eyes. My expression was vacant, and sad. Nevertheless, as I kept staring into Edwards’s eyes, I could feel myself thaw out and break out of that shell. Now I felt warm. I could see myself starting to smile in Edwards’s eyes. He mirrored my expression, and hugged me even closer. He raised his head to the starry night, and so did I. we gazed at the night sky, and found happiness. However, what I worried about was soon to come.

A star in darkness.

Edward and me were walking back to out cottage. I did not feel like running back with inhuman speed, so we decided to walk. I held his hand, and he was humming my lullaby. I looked back at the stars and said. Vous n’ êtes pas seul. Je suis ici.” Translation for, “Your not alone. I am here.”

Edward turned to me and smiled. “Non vous n’êtes pas seul.”

Translation. - “no. you are not alone.” I nodded, and enjoyed the moment we had this night. Up ahead, there were was a patch of lavender flowers, and wild dandelions. It reminded me of our meadow. However, nothing compared to it. I walked a little bit faster then a human to the patch of flowers. Edward was behind me, watching.

I looked among the flowers, looking at the textures and lavender hues of the flowers. Then feathered wagon birds, and moon moths stared flying. Whirling around me in unison. I could hear the tiny heart beats of the birds, and the wings fluttering in the misty air. I started laughing and spinning around with the birds. I felt like as if I was separated from the world, and that I was held frozen in this moment. However, in some ways, I was frozen, but only in body. I closed my eyes, and smiled. The wind was blowing my hair across my face.

I opened my eyes to find Edward. He were I left him. He was sitting on the ground smiling up at me. I stood up, and came over to me.

A star in darkness

Intro/prologue.

I sat on the cliff side looking up at the stars. I closed my eyes, and rested my head on my knees, wrapping my arms around myself. I sat like that for at least an hour. Then out of the forests deep, I heard footsteps coming towards me. I did not look to see who it was.

Edward sat besides me on the damp cool ground. I could feel his gaze on me, but I still did not open my eyes. I took a deep breath, letting my lungs be filled with his beautiful scent. I opened my eyes to find myself looking at the star filled night again. My mind was blank, and I felt like a hollow empty shell. I started thinking about the stars. Did they ever get lonely? Did they ever get tired of staying up in the blackness? Edward’s arm came around me and hugged me into him. Then the answers flooded through me like a tsunami. The stars never got lonely, for which they were surrounded by other stars. Moreover, they never get tired of staying in the darkness because they created there own light, shining through and through the darkness, making all there problems disappear in a lightning flash. I was half-aware of Edward next to me. I turned my head to look at him. His eyes were golden and dazzling the fabric of my being.

I kept on staring at him and so did he. If I was still human my heart would be racing, and my cheeks would be flaming red. I could see my refection in his eyes. My expression was vacant, and sad. Nevertheless, as I kept staring into Edwards’s eyes, I could feel myself thaw out and break out of that shell. Now I felt warm. I could see myself starting to smile in Edwards’s eyes. He mirrored my expression, and hugged me even closer. He raised his head to the starry night, and so did I. we gazed at the night sky, and found happiness. However, what I worried about was soon to come.

A star in darkness.

Edward and me were walking back to out cottage. I did not feel like running back with inhuman speed, so we decided to walk. I held his hand, and he was humming my lullaby. I looked back at the stars and said. Vous n’ êtes pas seul. Je suis ici.” Translation for, “Your not alone. I am here.”

Edward turned to me and smiled. “Non vous n’êtes pas seul.”

Translation. - “no. you are not alone.” I nodded, and enjoyed the moment we had this night. Up ahead, there were was a patch of lavender flowers, and wild dandelions. It reminded me of our meadow. However, nothing compared to it. I walked a little bit faster then a human to the patch of flowers. Edward was behind me, watching.

I looked among the flowers, looking at the textures and lavender hues of the flowers. Then feathered wagon birds, and moon moths stared flying. Whirling around me in unison. I could hear the tiny heart beats of the birds, and the wings fluttering in the misty air. I started laughing and spinning around with the birds. I felt like as if I was separated from the world, and that I was held frozen in this moment. However, in some ways, I was frozen, but only in body. I closed my eyes, and smiled. The wind was blowing my hair across my face.

I opened my eyes to find Edward. He were I left him. He was sitting on the ground smiling up at me. I stood up, and he came over to me. He took both of my hands and began to twirl me around, and I felt like a ballerina dancer. His eyes were glued to mine, and his right hand tight against my waist, pulling me even closer. This dance was a lover’s dance, mixed with life and time itself. We danced around under the fairytale scenery, and enjoyed every moment of it. Edward leaned in and whispered that he loved me in my ear. Then he moved his lips to place them very gently on mine. My hand came over, and griped a handful of hair so I could crush him to me. He caught on suddenly and started to kiss me even more eagerly. His hands wrapped around me. I could feel every line of his perfect body. We started going rougher and rougher until we were practically tearing each other’s clothes off. We ended up on the damp ground rolling around in the ferns. Our clothes were shredded apart, and our naked selves were together. He grabbed at me, and I rolled over playfully. We indeed were the lion and lamb, tangling on the damp ground like animals. I ended up on Edward chest. I didn’t need words to talk to him. I just stared into his eyes as he stared up at me. He moved my hair back so he can see my face clearer. My mind was blank as his eyes burned into mine. Even when I was still human, when he would look at me like that, my mind would go blank, and I would feel like my insides will melt away. I guess that some things don’t change. He caressed my face with his index finger, lingering on my lips and cheeks. I closed my eyes, and laid my head on his chest.

About an hour in we got up to put on our clothes and head home. But we had shredded up our clothes, and had no other option. Then out of nowhere, something was thrown to us. When I looked to see what it was, it was a pair of pants and shirts for Edward and me. I looked at him, and at the same time we said Alice aloud.

We changed quickly, and ran to Carlisle’s house.

As soon as we opened the door, Renesmee jumped into our arms.

“Hi mommy! Hi daddy!” we hugged her close until we could feel her heartbeat through her chest. Renesmee looked like a small four year old, with the mind of an eight year old. Renesmee was happy the way she was. She had Jacob, her friend, protector…. soul mate.

Renesmee jumped out our arms and ran to Alice and Jasper who was sitting at the bottom of the stairs. Everyone was in the living room. Alice and Jasper at the stairs, Emmett watching TV, Rosalie flipping through a magazine, Carlisle reading an ancient book by the window, and Esmee on the piano testing the chords. Here we all were as a big family. As my family. Emmett looked at us.

“Where were you two? Alice said that she had to go and bring you guys extra cl-” Alice was suddenly by Emmett covering his mouth and pointing at Renesmee who was playing with silver blocks. Edward laughed while I let out a sigh of relief. Edward moved to sit my Esmee and played a song for her.

I walked to Carlisle who looked very disappointed in the book that he was reading. On the front cover it read “Magnificent Accomplishments.”

“How is the book? You seem kind of blasé about it” he tossed the book on the computer desk with a light thud.

“Its good, but at the same time confusing. It’s a type of documentary if you will. Its about magic at self sacrificing to find some thing close to…. Enlightenment. It lists many reasons of how to act out in spiritual ways and capture things that aren’t possible to understand. For instance there was a story about a immortal that was killed and brought back to life. And when brought back, it was as if that immortal became godly. It was there soul that determined if they lived or not. But then again, it’s a book, and I never heard or saw any of these things take place, and I’ve been around for a long time.” he laughed and stopped short. “It would be a lively experience to see it happen, or something of its magnitude. Mortals call it a miracle while others call taboo. Who knows…” Carlisle trailed of in deep thought. I stared at the book on the desk.

“Carlisle? Can I borrow that book? If you don’t mind.”

“Oh sure you can. Keep it ass long as you want.” he picked the book up and handed it to me. I took it gingerly and clutched it to my side. I went over to hug him.

“Thanks again.” I whispered. He hugged me back and then we both let go.

“I would love to chat some more, but I have a night shift at the hospital. Take care.” he picked up his medical bag by the computer and walked out the back door saying, “see you in a little while”. I heard his car pull away and wheel toward the empty streets.

I walked to the glass wall, and pressed my hand against it. I looked out toward the trees and beyond that. In that place, I started to think and wonder about my self.

When I was brought into this… new life, I saw everything clearer. I had a family that was strong and full of love. But into coming into the new life, I had a gift. That gift was a shield. I could shield myself from Edward breaking and entering into my head, stop mental attacks and such. But it was only three days ago that I noticed that I didn’t have good control of my shield. I would slip or completely drop my shield. I couldn’t feel the stretch or pull of it. It was as if it was gone. Sometimes I would have it then it would disappear. Carlisle said that, maybe it was that fact that I was still a newborn. Even though my eyes are a auburn , and I don’t crave blood as much as earlier before. But still, I made me feel frustrated. I felt useless. So very useless.

“Your not useless.” I turned around to see Edward there. His face saddened at the same time empty. He walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder. (See what I meant? My she shield wasn’t working right.)

“You are not useless” he repeated. I stared up at him.

“You are more than that. You are Bella Cullen.” he said with a fierceness.

In the front room everyone started to leave. “Lets give mommy and daddy some time alone.” Esmee said to Renesmee, holding her in her arms. “They always have “alone time”. I wont be surprised if we come back and find everything broken and shattered in here.” Emmett grinned and stared in out direction. Then I heard a whack! I guessed that Rosalie had hit him. The room cleared out, and it was he and I. He gripped me tighter to him and moved his lips to my ear.

“Bella, there is nothing wrong with you. So what if your shield has defects? Carlisle and I think that it will return so don’t worry.”

I was going to object, but he slowly stroked my cheek with his finger making me shut my mouth. I closed my eyes and leaned into him.

I took his words to pull me out of my emptiness, and stayed in reality for a while.

“To me you are like the sun. Always there to brighten my world.” Edward murmured. “ See like right now, I cant here what you are thinking. This will all work out love. Trust me.” I hugged him and kissed his jaw line.

“What are you doing?” Emmett busted in. Edward pulled away and smiled, as our family flooded the room.

Edward and me left the main house to take Renesmee to the cottage so she could get some sleep. I envied her so much for that. Edward put her in her bed, while I was in our room reading the book Carlisle let me borrow. I flipped open the book to a random page. The title was A Star in darkness.

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

what happened ?
post more!!!
please keep me updated!!
xx
love shauny

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service