The Twilight Saga

This story is book 3 in a series.  If you have not read A Sister's Love, and A Family's Blessing, message me!  You might want to read those first to understand what is happening.  A Tribe's Miracle will pick up right where A Family's Blessing stopped.  If you have any questions, just ask!  I love my readers.

Thanks for Reading.

A Tribe’s Miracle

Chapter 1

Emmett’s POV

It hit me yesterday that with everything that has happened, Alex and my 2nd anniversary has snuck up on me.  We haven’t had a date night in forever.  Two small kids will do that to you, but I’m about to change that.  Alex has dropped hints that she wants this New Kids On the Block/ Backstreet Boys cd, but I think I can do better than that.   They are performing in Seattle next weekend, and I think I can get tickets.

It hit me that Jessie is into that boy band stuff also.  Collin might like to surprise Jessie with tickets also.  If Jessie is there, Alex will have a girl to talk to, and I won’t have to hear about how hot some other dude is.  I mean, she has me, what more does she need?

“Hey, Collin.  If I can get tickets to that New Back Boys concert, or whatever they are called, do you want to take Jessie?”  I called Collin.

“Yea.  I figure I might have to drop a name or two, but I haven’t used the Cullen name for anything recently, so I might as well use it to make my wife happy.  If you and Jessie are there, I won’t have to listen to Alex gush over these dudes.  I’ll call and see what I can do.  4 Tickets and two hotel rooms shouldn’t be that hard to come by.”  I said.

I called the ticket office, just to be informed that the show was sold out.  I thought for a moment, and then called Alice.

“Pixie, I need your help.  What’s the name of your entertainment coordinator for Seattle?  I need tickets to a concert that’s this weekend.”  I asked.

“For the trillionth time I AM NOT A PIXIE!!!” Alice screamed.

“Whatever just give me the number.  There’s a concert that Alex will love, and love me for taking her to, but it’s sold out.  I know your guy can get me tickets.”  I said.

“Ugh, you procrastinate too much.  His name is Craig, and his number is 578*7872.  Make sure you tell him that I am your sister, or you will get nowhere.  Oh… and you owe me something expensive from Seattle.”  Alice said.

“Thanks, and I’ll buy you something glittery, Pixie.”  I quickly hung up before she could yell at me again.

I dialed the number and waited for Craig to pick up.  “Craig, my sister Alice Hale gave me your number and said you were the guy to help me out.  Is there any way you can get me tickets to the New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys concert this weekend?  I need 4 tickets.  I know its sudden notice, but I want to surprise my wife for our anniversary.”  I held my breath.

“Well, all I have left are the VIP ticket packages.  They can be quite pricy, but since Mrs. Hale is your sister, I assume money is no object?  Mr…you didn’t tell me your name, I’m afraid.”  Craig said.

“It's Cullen, Emmett Cullen.  Money is no problem.  If it makes my wife happy, it’s worth it.  What is a VIP package, and what type of money are we looking at?”  I asked.

“Mr. Cullen, the VIP package includes backstage passes, autographed seats, and concert tickets.  We are talking $250.”  Craig explained.

“That’s it?  That’s not expensive.”  I said.

“Sir, I mean $250 per seat.  I’m assuming you want them.  I need a credit card number, and there will be a $25 currier fee.  This is to deliver the tickets to your house or place of business tomorrow.”  Craig said.

I gave him the information he wanted, then hung up.  Next I had to make hotel reservations.

I called around and found two hotels side by side near the water front.  I called and made reservations for Alex and I at Hotel 1000.  Thankfully the Alexis Seattle was right next door, just as nice, but about half the price.  Collin keeps saying he is going to pay me back, but if he knew that I just paid over $1000 for a hotel room for 2 nights, he would freak.

After I booked the hotels, I called Collin.  “Hey, we have tickets for Friday night.  I made reservations for Friday and Saturday nights at neighboring hotels.  I thought we might want to keep the girls separate after the concert, so we can have some alone time with our wives.  They can go shopping Saturday, while we go find something else to do.  We will head home about noon Sunday.” 

“Sounds good.  Let me know how much I owe.”  Collin said.

“We will take care of that later.  Do you want to run to the mall later?  I mean, I’m gonna finish this surprise out by choosing Alex a concert outfit.”  I suggested.

We agreed to meet at the mall later, and do a one stop shopping spree.  Hopefully my idea of what I want Alex to wear will mesh with what she is willing to wear.

Tags: Alex, Alice, Collin, Embry, Emmett, Jake, Jenny, Lindley, Nessie, Quil, More…Rachel, Seth

Views: 772

Replies to This Discussion

How do you know they are pregnant.... It could just be a sensitive stomach or any number of other things... What did I say that made you assume they are prego?  (my writer mind just wants to know)

Oh come on! The second to last paragraph says it all!

lol Ive put hints in other chapters but no one caught on.  Just wondered which hint you caught on to.

Chapter 20

Rebecca’s POV

Papa knows I am coming home for Rachel’s wedding, but he doesn’t expect me this soon.  The family also expects me to be coming alone, but I have a major surprise for them. 

I can’t believe a week ago, I thought I was a happily married woman.  In the past week, my world has been turned upside down.  I came home to find the man I thought was my husband, in our house with another woman.  Then he informs me that our marriage isn’t legal, that he used a fake name on the marriage license.  I dread telling Papa that all this time I have been living with a guy, and was never married.

As soon as I get off this plane, I have to call my lawyer back.  I’ve decided that he can just sell everything I own in Hawaii.  I’m not going back.  I’m creating a new life, a fresh start back home in Forks. I am not sure where I will stay in Forks, hopefully I can find a little house in Forks or on the reservation. 

A sharp cry pulls me back down to reality.  “Shh, lovey.  We will be landing soon and you will be off this silly plane.”

I unfasten my daughter out of the infant seat and arrange her in my lap.  Just then the seatbelt light clicked on, and a flight attendant stops at my seat.

“Ma’am, you have to return the child to her seat and fasten her in, so we can begin our descent.”  The flight attendant informs me.

I sigh and fasten my daughter back in.  My daughter… that sounds so weird even in my head.  I have never been pregnant but I have a child.  Hopefully the plane lands soon so I can get her out of this contraption, and nurse. 

It seems overwhelming, everything I have to explain to Papa when I show up on his doorstep with my newborn daughter in tow.  I thought I was the successful one, with a fancy house, high paying job, and handsome husband in Hawaii.  Too bad things are not as wonderful as they looked.  The husband was a lie, the fancy house not a home, and the job… Well, the pay was not worth the environment.  The only good thing that came out of Hawaii is the now screaming infant beside me.

We finally landed, and I scrambled to gather all our belongings to disembark.  People just stare at me instead of offering to help.  Finally I slung my bag over my head, the diaper bag over a shoulder, and grabbed the infant carrier.  The baby’s screams have turned into heartbreaking sobs, but until I get off the plane, there is nothing I can do for her.

I find a corner of the airport to sit and nurse, then head to find a rental car.  I finally get a little car and head into Forks.  I drive around for a few minutes before deciding to stop at the Café for some food before finding Papa.

I slid into a booth and studied the menu.  I looked around when I heard my name being called.

“Rebecca?  Rebecca Black?”  I glanced up to see this young man walking towards me.  It took me a minute to realize it was my baby brother.

“Jake?  Jacob?  Is it really you?”  I asked.  His answer was to grab me up in a hug.

“How long are you here?  Are you here for the wedding?  Does Dad know?”  Jake was full of questions.

“It's a long story, but first I want you to meet someone.”  I turned to the booth, and gathered my daughter in my arms.

“Malia Sarah Black, meet your uncle Jacob.”  I waited for Jake’s response.

“She is tiny.  How old is she?”  Jake asked.

“She will be three weeks tomorrow.”  I answered.  “She was born the same day as Eva Grace.”

Shocker!!

I can't wait until she meets everyone!!

great update!  please continue!

Alexandrea thank you for the update....I still love the story.......I need to know whats going on with Nessie....How are Alice & Jasper haven't heard anything about them in a while..Esme & Carlise are happy with there hugh family......You did mention Edward taking care of the Grandkids....love it........Bella brought her niece to Seth so we know she is doing well....I hope you have done well in class......Now that Rebecca is home we'll find out how she got this little one that she did not birth........how is she nursing?.....until you post again

loved it update soon

Chapter 21

Alex’s POV

Emmett is hunting with Alice and Jasper and the kids are still at Esme’s.  I only have a little bit of time left before Baby Lexi is due, so I think I will use this time to straighten up the house.  If I have to depend on Emmett to do it, who knows when it will get done.

I carried in all the baby gifts from the shower and piled them in the hallway outside the nursery.  It still needs painting and the crib assembled before I can put the presents away.  On my trips in the house, I noticed the flowers were wilting by the driveway, so I took a minute to water them. Then I realized I needed to weed the flower beds, so I knelt down the best I could and pulled all the weeds.  It hurt my back to get back up, but I guess that comes with being 8 months pregnant, and kneeling on the ground.

I finally made it back upstairs with the paint roller and paint, and had just started when my phone rang.  I put Jessie on speakerphone and kept painting.

“Hey, girl.  What are you doing?”  Jessie asked.

“Painting the nursery since I can’t seem to get Emmett to do it.  And yes, all the windows are open for fresh air, and I’m not standing on a ladder.  But this room has to be painted so I can get everything ready for Lexi.  The walls are still blue from Carter.”  I replied.

“You should have said something and got wolf power to do it.  That’s how we’ve done nurseries in the past.”  Jessie suggested.

“All the pack is married with kids now.  They don’t have time to come paint for me.  I’m almost done, then I’m going to move the crib in and get it put together.  Once I get this room done, I’m going to either take a long bubble bath or a nap since Esme is keeping the kids until tomorrow.”  I replied.

Jessie ended the call, and I swapped my phone over to play music.  I quickly finished the painting, and got the crib assembled.  It wasn’t hard at all.  I spread Lexi’s bedding in the crib, and looked around.  Seeing the nursery finished made it a reality.  Really soon, I would be laying my newborn daughter in this crib for the first time.  Soon our family of four will become a family of five.  I laid her coming home outfit on the changing table, and placed the rest of the clothes in the dresser. 

I stood in the middle of the room and stretched my back.  Too much bending has my lower back stiff.  Everything is ready for little Miss Alexis Emmaline to make her appearance.  Now for a nap, and then a long bubble bath before Emmett comes home.

After a nice nap, I wiggled off the bed and heading to go take that bubble bath.  I should have plenty of time to take a nice long bath before Emmett comes home.  I gather up the things I need and head to the bathroom.  I grab my phone just in case someone calls, and place it on the counter. 

As soon as I start the water, a sharp pain shoots through my body. I freeze and wait for the pain to ease, but as soon as it lessens, another pain starts.  I’m wondering what I have done to my back when I feel a gush between my legs. 

“I didn’t mean you could come right now!!!!”  I say to my body.  I slowly waddle over to my cell phone, and sink to the floor with it.  Between contractions, I try calling Emmett, but all I get is his voice mail.

“Emmett.  As soon as you get this message, you need to come home.  I need you here.”

I try Carlisle and get his voicemail also.  As a last resort, I call Edward.  “Where is Carlisle?  I need him now.”  I pant between contractions.  “WHAT?!?!  How can he go hunting also?  I’m in labor, and my water has already broken.  The contractions are back to back.”

“Take a deep breath, and try to calm down.  I’ll be right there.  I sent Alice a mental message of you and the baby so she should be sending everyone home soon.”  Edward assured me he was on the way.

By the time Edward arrived, I had settled in the tub to try to get some relief. 

“Let me check you and we will see what to do next.”  Edward said, as he reached to check my progress.  “Okay… We have a really impatient little girl here.  She is crowning already, so on the next contraction, PUSH!”

In what felt like just seconds, my daughter was out and in my arms.  Edward checked both of us over, and helped me out of the tub, and into the bed.  I just settled down to nurse when Emmett crashed into the house.

“ALEX?!”  Emmett yelled.

“Upstairs in the bedroom” yelled Edward.

Emmett rushed up the stairs, and into the room.  “What’s wrong?”

“Emmett, come meet your daughter, Alexis Emmaline.  Lexi, meet your daddy.”  I handed the baby to Emmett and nodded at Edward, who was motioning that he was leaving.

I thought to myself, that it was a good thing I completed the nursery today, since Lexi decided to make her appearance a bit early.

thank you for the update......She did a lot a work in one day...........Thank God she did..........Edward delivered the baby.is that 2 for him?.....until you post again

Well, she Alex certainly got the nursery finished in time! LOL

Loved it!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service