The Twilight Saga

The inpiration for this story came from an old collab with my dear friend Dallas Loraine. She is an extremely talented writer and has her own original posted here now. It is titled Do I? and I would LOVE for you to check it out! I'm reforming it and making it new with her permission.

So with out further ado: Alienated.

Prologue:

“Miles please,” Lucy’s voice was strong willed but that didn’t mean anything to me anymore.

“Stop it Luce! I’m not going to lie to her anymore; I’m tired of keeping secrets and tired of acting like I don’t care. I’m tired of your bossing me around and I’m not listening to you moan about Mom and Dad anymore, they’re gone!” I knew my words were harsh, and I could see the pain it caused her in her eyes.

“Miles. . .” Her voice cracked as she pleaded one last time.

I ignored the tug in my heart to obey her and left the house, letting the door slam behind me.

If you would like me to keep you updated, please add me as a friend! I LOVE reading and replying to your opinions and predictions, so please don't hesistate to leave them!

-Claire Bear.

Views: 351

Replies to This Discussion

I love this Claire!
^___^ Thanks Nikki

LOL Claire, I AM still on TTS XD (Just not as often as I used to)

And what an engrossing story!! It reminds me of a Danish book I read, where the POV also was a guys :) He was completely blown away by a girl with one look too! Haha

You know, I'm starting to wonder if Lucy and Miles are aliens or just from the future XD I can't quite decide :P

LOL Well I can assure you that I do not copy the idea from a Danish book. XD

Hmm, thats some pretty serious guessing there. I guess you'll have to wait to find out! ;D
update soon i like this so far
=D Thanks! I'll update next weekend!
I love this!!!! I cant wait to read more!!
=D thanks Autball!!! I'll most more next weekend! Promise!
love it!!! post more soon!!!
Thanks! I will this weekend!

Chapter Two; Part One: Emily

“Have you heard about the new kids?” Charlotte whispered furiously across the space between our desks.

“What new kids?” I asked absent mindedly as I copied down the homework off the board.

“The new kids, you haven’t seen them yet?” I heard her sigh heavily and I knew I was about to get an ear full.

“Nope, not yet,” I said, pulling out my Algebra 2 book from my backpack. Mr. Carlton had finished teaching early, so we had time to work on our homework in class, most people just took the time to socialize, but I actually wanted to finish before the bell rung.

She made a small girlish squealing noise and then her mouth began to move a mile a minute.

“So, there are two of them, one of them is a chick named, uh what’s her name again? Oh yeah, Lucy, she’s a senior and is supposedly, like, super smart. She’s a senior, the other one if a boy named Miles and is a junior. They’re both really smart I guess, they’re in all honors and AP classes. Everyone says that they’re gorgeous, even the boy. I guess they both have really dark hair and really dark eyes. But the strange thing is that they’re both really tall! Like, the girl, Lucy, is like. . . Five foot 8 and Miles is over six foot! Nothing like the tall, dark, and handsome type huh.” Charlotte elbowed be in the side with a devilish grin on her face. “I totally call dibs on Miles by the way.” She looked up at me through her lashes.

“Like he would take a liking to me anyway,” I said, shaking my head with a smile on my face. She could be such a little girl sometimes. I held up my hands in surrender, “You’ve got to respect the dib factor.” I laughed as she smiled and went back to my homework.

“That’s right Emily, back off.” She was teasing, but I could hear how much she longed for a boyfriend in her voice. It was one of the things Charlotte talked about most. She was boy-crazy, like most sixteen year old girls. Girls our age are so eager to give themselves away to the first buyer. I sighed.

“You don’t need a boyfriend you know, they aren’t the only thing important in our world.” I said this nicely, throwing in an almost laugh mid-sentence, but I meant what I said. She understood that, I could tell she did.

“What, like graphing logarithms?” She rolled her eyes and sat back in her seat.

How did she end up on her knees next to my desk?

I rolled my own eyes and continued to punch numbers into my calculator.

The bell rang and I quickly put my things into my backpack. Charlotte began to leave. “Oh, don’t forget to wait for me at lunch! We’re going to the library to help Mrs. Holly remember?”

“Of course I remember Emily! I’ll be there! Don’t worry!” She chuckled and left the room.

Mrs. Holly was the school’s librarian; she had Parkinson’s disease so her hands shook all the time. It made it hard for her to check books in and out and also to put them away.  I took pity on the poor lady, she was all alone. Her husband was a veteran. He died last year of a heart attack. But she was by far the kindest old lady I had ever met, full of wisdom and little historical stories about the “good old days.”

I smiled just thinking about her, she was like the great-grandmother everyone wants but rarely anyone has.

I sat down in my third block class and waited for the lunch bell to ring. I leaned forward on my stool and put my chin in my hand. Chemistry was such a boring class.

The bell rang and nearly everyone ran to get out of the room. I stood up and grabbed my book from my backpack before heading to the lunch room. Charlotte had said that she would wait for me by the entrance to the lunch line; she was usually here before I was that being the reason she waited for me and not the other way around, but I didn’t see her anywhere. I went through the line and grabbed an apple and a water bottle. I sighed; they were all out of bananas already? Bananas were much better than apples. I looked around for Charlotte but didn’t see her anywhere. I began checking the tables, looking at each one for her, but I didn’t see her.

I shook my head and punched my lunch number into the keypad. I smiled at the lady and she waved me by. I made my way to the library, still not seeing her on the way.

I walked in and sat down behind the counter. Mrs. Holly came out from around the romance book case. I couldn’t help but smile.

“Oh Emily, thank goodness you’re here!” She said and rolled the book cart over to me. “The top shelf are ones that need to be checked in, will you do this for me?”

“Of course Mrs. Holly,” I smiled and reached over the counter to grab them.

“I’m sorry I’m late Emmie!” Charlotte burst through the door.

“It’s okay, I knew you would be.” I chuckled and began to type and run the bar codes on the books.

“Oh Emmie!” Charlotte ran up behind the desk and nearly knocked my chair over.

I laughed, “What?”

“I met a boy!” She said in a way too enthusiastic voice.

“Yes, Charlotte, we’ve all met boys.” I giggled slightly and continued my business.

“No, no Emmie! A real one! One who is tall and nice and well, fun to talk to!” Her face was beaming, I wanted to roll my eyes, but I couldn’t spoil her ecstatic tone.

“Really, I didn’t know that they were capable of doing all of that at once.”

She hit me lightly on the arm.

“So what happened with Niles? Did he not respect your dibs?” I asked teasingly, knowing she hadn’t said a word to him yet.

“No, it’s Miles, you know, with an M.” She drug out the M noise in his name when pronouncing it.

“Oh.” I said sarcastically.

“And you know very well that I haven’t said a word to him yet!” She giggled and sat down.

Just then the door opened and a very tall and very handsome guy walked in.

Charlotte’s jaw hit the floor; she quickly picked it up and turned to me, giggling furiously. He went right to the romance section, which was odd for a boy.

Charlotte nearly knocked over her chair and then me as she whispered into my ear, “Speak of the devil.” More giggles erupted in my ear.

I turned to her, “So that’s him?” I asked, sincerely curious this time.

“Remember I’ve got dibs.” She mouthed and grinned.

I rolled my eyes and began to check books back in. A deep, smooth voice interrupted my work, but I didn’t mine.

“Can I please check out this book?” He seemed unsure in asking.

“Of course you can!” Charlotte jumped in. “Are you new here?” She asked as if she hadn’t been obsessing about him and his sister all day. She didn’t wait for him to answer. “Where did you move from?” She asked, her eyes never leaving him.

“Europe.” His answer seemed clipped.

“Europe? Oh neat! Where in Europe?” She asked eagerly. I wanted to laugh at her obvious attempts to get his attention, but I didn’t.

“London.” This answer was still only two syllables, but wasn’t as clipped as the other had been.

“And you’re getting a book on the Tudors?”

I looked up at him, also curious to know what he could learn here in this book more than he couldn’t where the Tudors themselves had ruled for over one hundred years, but Charlotte piped back up before he answered.

“I’m Charlotte,” She said and stuck her hand out, “And this is my friend Emily.” She said smiling down at me, but immediately returning her gaze to him.

“It’s nice to meet you, Charlotte and Emily, I’m Miles” He shook her hand and then mine.

“Well here you go Miles, welcome to America.” Charlotte said, sounding very flight attendant-ish.

“Thanks and have a nice day.” He replied.

“You too,” Charlotte said way too enthusiastically.

I couldn’t help but laugh the minute he left the room. “Welcome to America.” I said in a high pitched voice, teasing Charlotte.

“Oh hush!” She said, hitting me again.

I laughed and finished the shelf of books to check in.

“Well, who was that young man?” Mrs. Holly asked as she came around a book case. They were words that should have been said in a cheerful questioning voice but instead came across as almost interrogation.

“That was Miles!” Charlotte answered, “He’s new and is perfectly pleasant.” She smiled and leaned back in her seat.

So much for the boy she had met before lunch.

Mrs. Holly seemed uneasy.

“Are you alright Mrs. Holly?” I asked.

“Yes, yes dear, quite alright.” She stared at the door questioningly before returning to whatever she was doing on the side of the bookshelf.

I couldn’t help but wonder what she was thinking.

Hey guys! I hope you liked it! So yes, the story will be switching POV's. =)

I've been working on "Bonus Material" If you guys are interested.

This "Bonus Material" will consist of character descriptions and maybe even some backgrounds. =)

Please don't forget to leave me your opinions and predictions!

What do you think Mrs. Holly is thinking?

Will Miles see Emily again?

Will Charlotte continue to be loud and giggly?

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

-Claire Bear. =)

This sound intresting again. I really like it. Lol. Charlotte is funny.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service