The Twilight Saga

This is my little story inspired by twilight and a little bit of christmas magic.
The chapters will only be short and there may not be that many of them, but I will try to post regularly and get it finished by christmas.
I just don't think there are enough of these for Esme and Carlisle.

Chapter 1
It was an evening in late November. I was lying on the sofa watching television, while Carlisle played with a lock of my hair absent-mindedly. All the children were out – Alice’s doing! Just us, on our own – did it get any more perfect than this?
‘Darling?’ Carlisle said.
Uh oh – he wanted something, something he knew I wouldn’t like.
‘Mmm?’ I responded.
‘It turns out I have to go away for a little bit.’
‘What for?’
‘It doesn’t matter.’
‘When? And how long is “a little bit”?’ I asked, becoming a little suspicious.
‘I’m going this weekend. It shouldn’t be any longer than 2 or 3 weeks.’
‘Well, as long as you promise to be back for Christmas. We’ll all want you there.’
‘I promise’ he murmured, softly kissing the top of my head.
This reassured me, but I still wondered why he hadn’t told me what he would be doing. Still, I trusted him – I loved him. If it was anything important he would have said.
I snuggled into his chest and he put his arms around me. I wanted to enjoy this moment – I wouldn’t be getting any more for a while.

Comments please........It's my first try. Hope you liked it :)

Views: 22

Replies to This Discussion

Ooohh. This is cutee
Wonder what Carlisles doingg.
O.o
Upppddaatteee, pleaseee ♥
Ok, here we go. Chapters 2 & 3 are here. Chapter 3 is a bit short, hence the double post.
Enjoy, my lovelies!

Chapter 2
The weekend came around all too soon. On Saturday morning the boys helped Carlisle pack up the car and we all went outside to say goodbye. He went to everyone in turn, saying something very quietly to each of them.
Then it was my turn. I’d tried my best, but the tears sprung to my eyes.
He pulled me gently into his arms and whispered into my ear ‘Don’t be sad, darling. I’ll be back before you even notice I’m gone.’
His words offered a little comfort, but I knew I’d miss him.
He kept hold of me for about 5 minutes, kissing me on the forehead, neck, lips. Then he finally unwrapped my arms from round his neck and walked to the car. As he drove away I could see his eyes darting to the rear-view mirror. I blew him one last kiss.
I stayed outside much longer than the others, looking out to the horizon.
‘I love you’ I whispered.
I almost imagined I heard the usual ‘love you more’ in reply.

Chapter 3
I walked slowly back into the house, along to the kitchen. The children were all sat in there, talking. They stopped when they heard me coming.
‘Are you ok, Esme?’ Alice asked, giving me a hug.
‘Yeah, I’m fine,’ I replied. ‘You know where Carlisle’s gone, don’t you?’
‘We promised not to tell. Sorry.’ Edward winced. ‘I promise it’s nothing to worry about.’
‘I’ll be fine, honest. I just wish he’d told me,’ I said, in response to their worried looks.
It was so unlike Carlisle to keep anything from me. We told each other everything.
So, as my children wouldn’t tell me what I longed to know, there was nothing to do but wait.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Mysterious. Why tell the kids and not Esme? You'll just have to wait to find out.

Comments please. They make me happy :) <3
omg that was wow but esme cant cry tears, she's a vampire
sounds gd. lol wondering where carlisle has gone. :D
keep me updated:D
Ooohh. This is cutee
Wonder what Carlisles doingg.
O.o
Upppddaatteee, pleaseee ♥
pretty good so far
Please Please Please
UPDATE!!!!!!
That one was soo short.
I can't wait to read more!!!!!
-sabrina
i think it's wonderful.
Thanks soo much!
Have patience - I'll post more tomorrow.
It's almost all written, I just don't want it to go too fast
Very Cute, I love everything up to chapter 3 (everything)
Right-oh, guys. Chapter 4 coming up. Once again, it's a little short, but chapters 5 and 6 are longer :)

Chapter 4
The first week was the worst. I tried to keep myself busy, doing all my usual things. I even went hunting on my own for the first time in ages. But nothing seemed to help for long – my mind kept drifting back to the same place. Then I’d start thinking about it properly and just cry.
When the children finished school it was easier for me to be distracted. Rosalie, Alice and I went Christmas shopping, dragging a decidedly reluctant Bella behind us. That was the best day – I actually enjoyed myself. But Carlisle was still in the back of my mind.
When it got to the third week I started to get impatient. It was really close to Christmas now and, although we’d been emailing every day, Carlisle still gave no indication that he was coming home.
Christmas Eve finally arrived and the whole house was a flurry of activity. Everyone had jobs assigned to them by Alice – she always organised things with military like precision.
I got on with my jobs, trying to focus entirely on them and not let my attention wander.
Late in the afternoon, Alice stopped suddenly and her eyes became glazed over. We all huddled round her, eager to find out what she had seen.
‘Carlisle’s coming home. He’s five minutes away.’

Phew! Even I'm emotional and I know the end lol!
Nearly there now - 2 more chapters left.
Dear Lord! I'll be bereft!
Love it!!!!!
Please write more as soon as possible.
It is really cool!!
-sabrina

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service