The Twilight Saga

"An Angel? You mean like with a halo and wings?" Brady said as he started bouncing up and down.

"Shut Up Brady! Let her finish," Embry snapped with a growl. Marci merely smiled and shook her head.

"Ah, no. Humans call us Angels but we're not from heaven or anything. When we hunt… our power, I guess you could call it… manifests itself and humans seem to think it looks similar to a halo,' Marci tried to explain, she frowned when she used the word 'power' like it didn't really fit.

"Cool," Collin said.

"Can we see?" Kin asked softly from the back. Marci was surprised but the propostion and thought about it for a moment.

"That might not be a good idea; in my current state… my power… is somewhat uncontrollable. I don't want to accidentally hurt someone…" She trailed off.

"I hate to ask but you seem uncomfortable talking about your power. If it bothers you, you don't have to tell us everything," Carlisle said in a concerned voice, he'd hate to put Marci on the spot.

"Oh, it's not that, the word power just doesn't seem to really fit… Our… power isn't really our power it's like a… soul… with a mind of its own… does that make sense? Its like an entity that protects us," Marci while raking her brain for words that fit.

"I think it does, but if your power has a mind of its own, then… does it speak or think?" Sam asked curiously.

"Not really, but it knows when we're hurt and hungry and will force us to hunt, it's like a survival instinct almost but independent from an Angel's mind," Marci clarified.

"Ah, that makes more sense," Carlisle said nodding causing Marci to smile lightly.

"So… what do you hunt, exactly?" Emmett asked.

"Um, Angels feed on the life force of other living beings. It can be just about anything, animals, plants, vampires, werewolves, shape shifters, and humans. One of the older Angels said the Romans called us 'vita messor' or life reapers,' Marci said and everyone's jaws dropped.

"You mean you guys like suck the life out of your prey?" Jared asked, astonished.

"In a way yes… but we don't always kill our prey…" Marci said nervously.

"Really, do you guys like just take some of a person's life force?" Paul asked slightly confused.

"Um yes, if our prey is a human then taking some their life force will age them but if our prey is an immortal creature like a vampire of a shape shifter then it may affect them more physically then age wise," Marci said.

"So you could feed off one of the Cullens and it wouldn't hurt them?" Emily asked.

"Um, I'm not sure, I've never met a Angel who feeds on vampires… except my mother but she's connected to my father so feeding off him doesn't affect him," she said tapping her chin softly.

"Connected?" Rosalie asked.

"Oh, right. Connecting is similar to imprinting. It's when we find our soul mates… the only real differences are we can feed off them without hurting and we don't connect when we first see the person… usual some kind of event triggers a connecting but its different for everyone," Marci while scratching the back of her head.

"Cool, have you connected?" Jacob asked. Marci shook her head no and everyone saw Seth sigh in relief.

"No I haven't, but is there anything else you want to know?" Marci asked sweetly. Edward couldn't help but think about what he had heard before. Was Marci lying or had he been hearing things when Seth had released Marci?

Flashback

"Stop him!" Edward shouted as Seth lunged at the makeshift cage. But it was too late. In a matter of seconds he had scattered the silver, making a very large hole in the barrier. The girls head flew up and everyone froze. Her movements were fast and deadly, even so she was graceful, even more graceful for a vampire.

In a single uniform leap she landed right in front of Seth, her claws poised to kill him. Right at the last second, however she stopped, on millimeters away from his throat. Her gold eyes were wide and curious. A single word echoed through her mind.

Connection

(End Flashback)

Edward didn't think he had imagined it so why didn't Marci tell Seth, she must know he had imprinted on her… Edward made a mental note to ask her about that.

"How can you hear our thoughts?" Sam asked in a very serious voice, her ability proved to be dangerous since she could hear all their plans, feelings, ideas, thoughts, everything. And Sam needed to know if any of the so called Angels could also hear thoughts.

"Oh, Every Angel specializes in a sense, hearing, sight, touch, smell, and taste. Different senses have different abilities. Sight can see over very far distances and time, Smell allows an Angel to be one of the best trackers in the world, taste allows an Angel to taste peoples feelings and such in the air, touch allows an Angel to feel things others can't, and hearing allows Angels like me to hear things others don't like thoughts and sounds very far away. It also allows me to be silent to every other creature in the world. Most Angels only specialize in one sense but some us two only one has every mastered all five," Selene said while nodding her head.

"Really? Who mastered all five?" Carlisle asked, curious.

"My mother," She said proudly.

"So how come you're allergic to silver?" Alice asked in a happy voice.

"Oh… um I don't know. We just are… it's like a kid whose allergic to peanuts there's some genetic reason I just don't know what it is," Marci said with a shrug. Paul seemed like he was a little disappointed, like he was waiting for some big scary reason or something.

"So um… why are you here? Sam said you were looking for someone," Embry asked.

"I am looking for someone, My friend Nathanial. You see he's a very old Angel and the older Angels have this reaction to a plant called Angelus Bane which means Angel Bane. Its an old plant and only three or four are still alive, but it causes him to lose complete control and go into a type of craze. The newer generations of Angels are mostly Halflings which means Angel bane doesn't affect us but you see, we were fighting with some young Angels and one of them had Angel Bane. Usually Nathanial would be able to resist but he was wounded by a silver bullet and he freaked out. He disappeared and I've been trying to find him ever since… he hasn't killed anyone yet but he's getting close and I need to find him before he does something he's going to regret," Marci explained to the crowd of humans, vampires, shape shifters, and one half vampire.

It was then when Carlisle's phone began to ring. He blinked surprised and answered it.

"Aro? What is it? What's wrong?" Carlisle asked the paniced Aro on the other end. In a flash Selene was at his side.

"May I?" She asked and Carlisle handed her the phone.

"Aro?" She asked smoothly.

"Marci? Is that you? Thank God! Your father is completely out of control!" Aro said in a slightly panicked voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I meant to call but I was busy meeting all your friends in Forks," Marci said apologetically.

"I see so you met the Cullens…" Aro murmured.

"The Cullens? She's with those filthy vegetarians? Did they hurt her? Ask her NOW! If they did I swear I'm gonna-"The voice in the background was cut off.

"Was that daddy?" Marci asked sweetly.

"Yes, You're mother is handling him," Aro said with a tired sigh making Marci giggle.

"May I speak to him please?" She asked with a smile.

"Marci? Are you alright baby?" Marci's father said and Marci laughed.

"I'm fine daddy, I just haven't found Nathanial yet," Marci said smoothly.

"Alright, are you sure you don't want me to send your brother?" He asked worriedly.

"No No Antonius should stay with you, tell mom I love her, I have to go. I should probably start looking for Nathanial," Marci said quickly and bid her father good bye before hanging up the cell phone and handing it back to Carlisle.

"I'm sorry Carlisle I should have called him earlier but I forgot," Marci apologized sweetly and Carlisle smiled.

"It's alright, but I was wondering you have a brother?" Carlisle asked.

"Yep, my twin, Antonius. He's pretty cool, He specializes in sight instead of hearing," Marci explained happily.

"And your father? He's a member of The Volturi?" Carlisle questioned and everyone visibly stiffened. Everyone suddenly wanted to know which dangerous member her father was, whose wrath would they incur if anything was to happen to the young girl.

"Yes, My father is…"

Tags: Clearwater, Seth, love

Views: 34

Replies to This Discussion

Omg u need to updatesoon lke nw who is her father

for real who is the father...update update

Amazing! Can you keep me updated, please?!

~JJ

Hi there,

a very interesting chapter, looking forward to more. Did I miss the other three chapters?

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service