The Twilight Saga

Aurora Bourealis--The Story of Renesmee Carlie Cullen (PG-13) some slightly mature content(only about as much as in a SM book)

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Aurora Bourealis-The Story of Renesmee Carlie Cullen
PG-13. (Some slight mature content)
This is going to be Renesmee’s story, but I’m starting it from Bella’s point of view so you all can get a better idea of how she is from the outside, to watch her growing up rather than feeling it, just yet. It works better that way for the direction I’m going to take the story in.

Chapter 1, Part 1.

The sky began to gradually lighten in the east, and I sighed and stroked Edward’s hair. He lay with his head on my chest, as he had done so many times in the past to listen to the beat of my heart. We had been together all night, following the moment when I first was able to let him hear my thoughts. As the hours passed, I had lifted my mental shield time and time again as another treasured moment would make its way into my remembrance. Each time, the look of adoration and wonder in his eyes as he heard my mind’s voice made my stone heart feel as though it would surely melt. Sometimes, though, the memory would kindle a flame of desire in his tawny eyes, and with a hungry kiss, we would be off again on another piece of our perfect forever.

I sighed, and patted his head. He looked up at me with a radiant smile.

“It’s time we got … er… disconnected, don’t you think?” I smiled. “Renesmee will be waking up soon and it wouldn’t be too kosher for her to wander in and find us like this.”

He chuckled and kissed the edge of my jaw. “I’d hear her thoughts if she was going to wake up, love. Don’t worry. Besides, she did go to bed rather late last night, and there is the advantage of her being half human to add to her exhaustion from the other ordeals.”

I knew he was referring to the Volturi and our near massacre by them. I shuddered.

He felt that. “Shh, my love,” Edward whispered. “They will not hurt us again. Aro has seen your ability and your determination, and the strength of both were quite sufficient to put a damper on his usually ambitious spirit.”

“I was just so horrified,” I said, whispering too. “I was afraid that after everything had turned out so perfectly he was just going to come and ruin it all. Everything, Edward. Everything I had ever dreamed or imagined… or even wasn’t able to imagine. . . I . . . I . . .”

“Shh,” he said again. He looked down into my eyes curiously, and slowly, the curiosity was replaced by a wicked, sly glint. His mouth curved upward into that irresistible crooked smile that I loved so much. “It seems I’m going to have to tamper with your memory—again,” he breathed.

He brought his head down to the corner of my mouth and traced the contours of my lips with his tongue. My breath caught in my throat, and once again I waited for the reaction of my pulse thudding in my veins that would never happen again. That didn’t mean that I was obsolete of feelings at all, however. Far from it. Every limb on my body tingled with the electricity that shot through it at his touch. His left hand came up and rested on my neck briefly before sliding down the curve of my shoulder and continuing down my arm. Our fingers intertwined when his hand reached mine. With his other hand he reached up and ran his fingers through my hair as he planted kisses in a steady line down my throat and over my collarbone. Our breaths came quicker as I stroked his bare back, sculpted with muscles that I could feel contract beneath my palm with each movement he made.
He brought his face back up to mine and grinned.

“What was it you were saying?” he asked playfully.

I responded by grabbing his head and pulling him back down to where I could press my lips against his. A chuckle escaped his throat just a split second before a groan of pleasure did. Our bodies began moving in unison again, and continued that way until the sun was well over the horizon.

Chapter 1, Part 2.

When the sun was shining brightly through the window, casting rays of golden light onto everything it touched, Edward looked up at me and smiled.

“I think it’s time we took your earlier advice and ‘disconnected’,” he laughed quietly. Just then, I heard a rustling from the adjoining room and the quick heartbeat that had been the background to our night picked up speed.

“She’s awake,” I whispered. I was loath to leave him now, after what had just passed I was still hungry for more, but a small portion of my newly expanded mind whispered to me that I was a mother now and had responsibilities. I sighed and planted a quick kiss on his lips before easing myself away from him.

“I feel awfully dutiful,” I complained. “Why did she have to wake up just when it was getting so good?” I rolled over and off the bed and picked up the sheet that had fallen to the ground during the night. Tossing it onto the bed, I sped into the closet Alice had so graciously made for me—I thought the word “graciously” with quite a bit of sarcasm—and sniffed the air in search of the familiar, comforting scent of denim. Ah, that’s right. I remembered now the dresser Edward had pulled the jeans from that first night we spent in here. I made a beeline for it and opened the second drawer.

Wow. Jeans in every color imaginable greeted me from the inside. What was with Alice? Seriously, I couldn’t picture myself in half the shades here. Electric purple? Neon green? This girl was too much. I muttered to myself about vampire fashionistas as I dug through the folds of denim in search of a more neutral hue. Edward was suddenly behind me, his arms snaked around my waist and his face nestled in the hollow between my throat and shoulder. His breath on my neck was beginning to drive
me insane.

“Uh, Edward?” I faltered. “If you want to preserve the innocence of Nessie’s eyes you had better not start with that right now.” Already my breath was quickening and my stomach throbbed with desire.

He didn’t respond, just slowly slid his nose up and down my throat twice, followed by a feather light kiss just under my ear. He blew lightly on it for a moment and then paused. I took advantage of the moment to focus on breathing in a normal pattern. “Edward,” I gasped.
He chuckled and kissed my neck once more before releasing me and leaning against the dresser.

“You really shouldn’t do that, you know,” I accused him as soon as I had caught my breath.

“Do what? Dazzle you?” he asked with a grin. “No,” I replied. “Electrocute me.”

“Is that what it feels like to you? That doesn’t sound too pleasant,” he teased. I looked at him with a dubious expression before turning back to the task at hand. Finally! I grinned and pulled out a faded pair of blue jeans with rips in them. Leave it to Alice to be fashion conscious even in the simple thing of blue jeans… they had to have rips in the knees. Not exactly my first choice, but it wasn’t like I had much of a selection, even within the extreme variety buried in my drawer. Whatever. They would have to do. I slipped into them and couldn’t help admiring how comfortable they were despite the tears. They hugged my hips perfectly and…they made my butt look darn good, if I might say so myself. I chuckled to myself as I opened the third drawer and pulled out a pink, airy blouse with ruffles around the neckline that dipped low before ending in buttons that continued down my belly.

I pulled it on and twirled in front of Edward. He smiled approvingly. “You almost look better in that than you did a few minutes ago. . .hmmm.”

He sauntered towards me and caught me around the waist again. Pulling me to him, he pressed his lips softly to mine and sighed. His lips parted, and I breathed in his delicious scent. That did me in. I reached up and twisted my fingers into his hair, pulling him closer as I tasted the lavender that permeated every inch of his mouth. Just then, a whimper snapped us both to attention.

“Renesmee,” I whispered. “Darn.”

We straightened up and it suddenly occurred to me that he was dressed in a white button down that hung over his jeans.

“When did you…” I began, but just shook my head.

“You are indeed quite unobservant when your attention is directed otherwise,” he laughed. We headed out the door and down the hall to Renesmee’s room where we could hear her strumming her fingers along the iron bars of her crib. Edward paused when we reached the door and swung it open so I could go inside first.

Renesmee looked up and her face lit up like a thousand sparklers. “Mommy!” she cried, reaching out to me with all her strength. Her fists opened and closed in excitement as I closed the distance between us. I bent down to scoop her up into my arms, meanwhile searching rather frantically to see what changes might have occurred during the night. I was terrified to miss anything, at the speed she was maturing with. Not many, I noted to my relief. Her bronze ringlets hung to the base of her back now, and she was the slightest bit slimmer than she had been yesterday. Her brown eyes gazed up at me, filled with love, and her cheeks were flushed a brilliant pink. She looked well rested, I decided.

Nessie pressed her palm against my cheek and a look of expectance passed over her small features. A picture of Jacob filled my mind, with her in his arms, and Rosalie approaching with a metal cup. I winced as the smell coming from the cup made itself painfully known in my throat. “Okay, Nessie,” I said quickly. “Let’s get you some breakfast.” I turned to face Edward and she reached out for him with a radiant smile lighting up her face. Edward’s expression softened beyond anything I had seen before as he reached out and took her. She pressed her hand to his cheek and he smiled. “I missed you too, Nessie,” he said.

We headed out the door and passed through the living room on our way out. I paused again to admire the fireplace, which was my favorite part of the house… well, besides the bedroom. We walked out the door then and broke into a sprint instantly, trees and bushes flying past us at ridiculous speeds. I still hadn’t gotten entirely used to the speed at which I was able to go. It was simply exhilarating.

In a matter of seconds we were at the large white house. The door swung open and in the frame stood a tall, dark shape that I immediately knew was Jacob. Renesmee knew too, apparently. She struggled in Edward’s arms until he put her down with an expression torn between amusement and frustration. Amusement at her excitement and frustration at the fact that it was Jacob she wanted to go to, I assumed.

“Jakey!” she shouted as she dashed up the wooden steps. She jumped onto his shoulders in one lithe movement. I stopped, frozen in amazement. She was only the size of a three or four year old, and… had she really just jumped six feet and seven inches into the air? Edward glanced over at me and burst out laughing at my expression.

“I was shocked, too, but your expression just ruined it for me,” he guffawed.

“Is there another bear choking out there?” Emmett’s voice boomed from inside the house. I regained my sanity and started moving again. Stepping through the doorway, I saw everyone inside grinning from ear to ear as they watched Renesmee and Jacob. She was dancing in circles around him, at a speed that would have been too fast for human eyes to see. He was trying to catch her but wasn’t having much luck with it. I felt a secret twinge of pleasure at that fact. Jacob wasn’t as fast as my daughter. I smirked.

Renesmee broke off from her circles without breaking her speed one bit and flew over to Rosalie. She screeched to a stop and I imagined puffs of dust around her like in the cartoons. She pressed her palm to Rosalie’s cheek and cocked her head to the side with an expression of obvious impatience. Carlisle laughed, as did Esme, Alice and Jasper. Emmett roared from his spot on the couch. Rosalie smiled and gave her to Jacob to hold.

“Of course, my little queen,” she gushed as she breezed off to the kitchen. She was back in a flash with the little metal cup, filled to the brim with a warm, thick red liquid that made my mouth water and my throat scorch. My muscles tensed and the venom flowed in my mouth. I quickly stopped my breath. Using what little air I had, I turned to Edward and spoke speedily.

“I think I need to hunt.”

He looked into my eyes and nodded. I could see in his eyes that he echoed my sentiment. They were growing perceptibly darker by the second. He threw a quick glance at Carlisle, who nodded understandingly. “Of course,” Carlisle said. “Do as you must. It is the top priority that Bella must not harm Renesmee.”

I offered him a quick, grateful smile, and we turned and dashed out the door.

Views: 1517

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I just read your story and I love it . The concept will be amazing and its interesting seeing how you've portrayed the minor characters.
hey thats agreat story
Post more please !! How can you just simply leave us hanging like that ?! That was a major cliffie you know... lol. Another chapter that makes me go wow (:
You girl rock, you`re one of my fav fanfic writer. Hope you will post the next capt soon. I like how you stod on the SM`s Characters and you broth too us a wounderful story that never ends.

Hope to here from you soon.

Hugs and :x
plz post
Chapter 10

Previously:

“They are coming in two days.”

There was a beat of dead silence, and then Jacob’s deep voice boomed, “What the—” before he was silenced by a glare from my mother.

That seemed to open up the floor for a flurry of questions and activity.

“Aren’t those greedy bastards done yet?”

“Why didn’t Alice know sooner?”

“What more could they possibly want from us?”

And then it was dead silent once again, as everyone’s eyes trained on me. I read the horror-struck expressions on everyone of their faces, and fearfully turned my head a fraction of an inch to include Alice in my view.

The helpless look on her face said it all.

I felt all color drain from my face.

“No!” I cried. “No! I’ll never join the Volturi! They’re cruel! They’re horrible! I don’t want to be a part of them!”

Jake hugged me closer. “Shh,” he said. “No one’s going to let them take you. No one’s going to let them make you do anything you don’t want to.” I felt him stiffen, and he whispered under his breath. “They’re going to have to go through my dead body first.” I shuddered away from the thought of Jake in any type of pain, much less dead. My mind recoiled from the very ghost of such an idea. I knew if he died, so would I. Neither one of us could survive the death of the other. Our souls were linked. If one left this earth by any means, the other had to, as well. No matter if I was immortal. There were ways.

My mind raced ahead. They wanted me. How could they? How dare they? I felt my fear ebbing away and a new emotion taking its place.

Anger. Fury. Heated wrath.

Those ridiculous excuses for imbeciles thought they could actually separate me from my family? All they had was a pathetic attempt at an aristocratic coven. They weren’t even truly loyal to their leaders. They had to have a vampire with a special gift for binding and breaking ties with them at all times to keep them there. And they—no, Aro thought he could come to my home, my family, and somehow take us apart?

He had another think coming.

Quite literally.

I wasn’t so helpless this time. With my newfound ability to be able to project my thoughts into others minds from afar, we had discovered that I was also able to convince others to see my side of things, or even make them believe whatever I wanted them to.

I hadn’t had much use for it around here—until now. Aro wouldn’t be convincing me of anything. He was going to see my side of things, and he would know how I really felt about him. It was about time he got a taste of his own medicine.

My father’s voice intruded on my thoughts. “No, Renesmee.”

I looked up in surprise. “What? What do you mean, no? No to what?” My questions ran together in disbelief.

“It would be very unwise of you to take your gift that far. Simply refuse whatever he asks of you. It’s best if we are not on the offensive, but on the defensive when it comes to the Volturi.”

After a moment’s deliberation, I gritted my teeth, but nodded. Now wasn’t the time to start being reckless.

“I’m going to coordinate with the pack,” Jake said, putting me down. He still held a firm grip on my hand, though.

“How many of them are there, Alice?” Grandpa Carlisle asked. Daddy answered for her, as he often did when he was stressed.

“Nine of them. Aro, Caius, Marcus, Renata, Chelsea, Felix, Demetri, Jane and Alec. They want to make sure they are at least not outnumbered by vampires.”

Mommy snorted. I echoed her sentiment. So they didn’t regard the wolves, huh?

“Aro doesn’t believe we would allow the wolves to harm him,” Daddy said to me. “He has a great deal of faith in us.” A grim smile turned up the corners of his mouth.

“How do you know that?” I asked.

“It’s the only reasonable explanation I can think of for him not bringing everyone along again. He just has to trust that we won’t give in to the volatile side of our nature. Although I’d like to—thinking of taking my daughter away from me.” His hands unconsciously curled into claws at his sides.

“He’s such a—” I allowed every foul adjective I could ever remember having heard my uncle Emmett use complete the sentence in my head. My father glanced over at me with a shocked expression, but then a wry smile turned up the corners of his mouth.

“You are so like your mother,” he said ruefully. Mommy looked at him askew, but he simply shook his head and chuckled. Then he turned back to me. “I can’t say I blame you at the moment, Renesmee, but if I ever hear any of those words actually leave your mouth, well, just don’t let it happen,” he warned, but there was an underlying hint of amusement still crinkling the corners of his eyes.

“Yes, Daddy,” I replied.

Aunt Rose stroked my hair. “Will we need witnesses again? I have the Denalis on speed dial. Although I think Kate and Garrett have taken off somewhere together. . .”

Uncle Em waggled his eyebrows. “I knew they would be at it sooner rather than later!” He smacked his hands together loudly and rubbed them together.

“Emmett!” That was my mother, disapproval clear in her tone. What was the matter? She looked at him with a flash of fire in her eyes, and then very pointedly at me. I had no clue what he was talking about, so I didn’t see the need for all the hostility. But I wisely kept my mouth shut. Emmett always did enjoy antagonizing Mommy, so whatever it was, it couldn’t have too much to do with me.

“I want to go to my room,” I said suddenly. My father looked down at me.

“Perhaps you should stay with one of us…” he began, but my mother cut him off before he could continue.

“Let her go,” she said, looking at me tenderly. “She wants to be alone.” I saw concentration on her face when she looked at him after saying this, and realized that she was hefting her mental shield out of her mind to allow him access to her thoughts. Whatever she showed him must have convinced him, because he stepped to the side to give me passage to the house. I offered him a quick smile and hurried up to the porch and through the door.

Once inside, I went first to the kitchen to get myself a drink of apple juice. It wasn’t the best tasting thing in the world, but my parents would never let me go hunting now, and water, the only other choice, was simply atrocious.

As I stood by the sink next to the refrigerator, the frosted glass in my hand, I felt the hairs on the back of my neck rise.

I wasn’t alone.

Spooked, I whirled around at vampire speed, my eyes darting around the kitchen. I saw nothing out of the ordinary, but the lace curtains floated airily on a carefree breeze that whisked its way in through the window beside me, causing the wind chimes to clink against each other musically. My instincts were still on hyper-alert, though, and I couldn’t shake the feeling that there was a pair of eyes trained on me from somewhere.

Unfriendly eyes.

With trembling hands, I downed my apple juice in one swig and rinsed out the glass. Setting it upside down in the dish rack, I hurriedly dried my hands on my dress as I made my way out of the kitchen and up the stairs. I hightailed it down to the end of the hall, bursting through the last door—the door to the room which had been my father’s old bedroom before my parents were married. It had become my room now for whenever I spent the night at this house.

I sank down into the familiar black sofa and curled my knees up to my chest, taking in my surroundings and trying to calm my breathing. There was hardly anything left from when it had been my dad’s room except this sofa; Alice didn’t let a single opportunity go by where she could give something a makeover—be it a person or a room. There were sheer white curtains with pink polka dots hanging from a curtain rod over the wall length window, and the wrought iron bed had been replaced by a flourishing white bed with a large, romantic styled headboard, overflowing with pillows and quilts—as though I’d ever be cold enough to need them. The walls had been painted a soft blue, and the floor was scattered about with colorful rugs in the shapes of various flowers.

Yes, Alice’s tendency to go overboard had definitely kicked in.

I had only insisted on keeping the black sofa because I wanted to feel close to my family’s history. I knew my mother had slept on this sofa when she was dating my father, and though it was a constant thorn in Alice’s side, she allowed it to stay, under the conditions that if I ever had company from anyone, namely her, I must cover it with a white blanket so that it wouldn’t “ruin the aesthetic effect.”

I was all too happy to oblige if it meant I could keep this small piece of my parents with me when I wasn’t at home in the cottage.

I curled up in the white blanket now, though I was far from cold. Why had I ever wanted to come up here alone, I wondered. It had seemed like a good idea at the moment, surrounded by all of my family who could protect me, but alone is never a good thing when you’ve got an overactive imagination and a spooked brain.

And I was definitely spooked by whatever had been watching me in the kitchen.

I didn’t feel whatever it was now, but that didn’t shake the lingering effects of my scare. Should I tell them what had happened? No…they’d only worry more. I didn’t want to cause them any more stress than they were already feeling, especially my dad. I knew he didn’t handle stress very well. A small smile escaped me. How he would argue back if he knew that I thought that—but the fact of the matter was, I was very much like my father, and I myself didn’t handle stress the best of ways. I was beginning to see that now.

It irked me. I tried to think of ways to make myself braver, more responsible; less susceptible to fear. It tired my brain out, and soon I found myself slipping into unconsciousness.

Just as I was hovering on the edge of blissful ignorance, familiar voices drifted to me through the murky atmosphere.

One voice sounded like my father’s. “What will come of all this, Alice?”

There was silence for a moment, and I slipped a little bit farther out into the sea of unconsciousness. A windchime voice, high and trilling, floated over my ears. “I don’t know, Edward. I can’t see—ugh. I can’t . I can see up until the moment that they arrive, but as soon as they come into contact with Nessie—everything goes black.” The trilling voice held a note of frustration.

“Look past that. See what happens after it’s over,” my father’s voice pressed. There was silence for a longer period of time, and just as I was about to slip away entirely, Alice’s voice came to me once more.

“I can’t see it, because I can’t see what decision Nessie is going to make—how she’s going to handle herself. That will be the catalyst that either ignites something or diffuses the situation—and I can’t know how it will turn out. It’s all resting on her…it’s really all up to her.”

And the darkness enveloped me.

A/N: There you go!! I'm sorry it took me so long to update, but such is life! I thank you if you're still around reading this!!! There'll be some pictures of Nessie's bedroom coming up, so stay tuned!!!! =)

~Cahryn K.
I just read your story from the beggining and it is amazing!!!!!!!! I hope you will keep up and keep me updated...............................
Thank you! Much appreciated.....and I will keep you updated once I post more!

Nessie's bedroom in Edward's old room. (I'd love to have a room like this) =) Maybe I should let Alice decorate for me...

Nessie's computer desk in Edward's old room. As you can see, Alice was very "flourishing" in her feminine touches to the room. Nothing much really remains of the way it was when Edward inhabited it.
Where do you find all these pictures?
*smiles*

They're all on google...various websites....if I'm looking for things for Nessie I just type in "girl's bedroom sets" and scroll through whatever comes up until I find something that catches my eye! =)

A little secret...often I find the pictures first, and then describe them in the story..rather than facing the frustration of trying to find something to match what I've imagined out..which can be decidedly more difficult!

=)
And don't worry, I'll be updating soon!

The big Volturi confrontation is coming up next!
*Jumps up and down repeatedly* YAY! Thanks so much, I've been trying to look for pics for mine. Could you possibly check out my Fan fiction? you're a fantastic writer so it would me a lot :)
http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/257091...

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service