The Twilight Saga

Hey Guys. :) Yes, This Fanfiction Has been Posted before [http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/awakening-day] but I needed to Start it all again, As my Absence covered a lot of time. :) I hope I get my old readers, and more. <3 I never forgot you guys. :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What if Jacob imprinted on someone before Nessie was even born? What if that girl was due to become a vampire? Would he stay with her, or run away?

Chapter 1- The Cullen’s

I woke early- the grey light filtering through the window separating my mind from the joyful dreams. I groaned wistfully. Life was hard, dreary, and pointless. Sleep was easier, nightmares went over better. I got up and drifted out to the kitchen, dragging my feet. Even though I was only thirteen, I had been raised independently and now I was pretty much my own parental guardian. But school was my freedom, my outburst from hell.
Shoving money, food and extra clothes into my school pack, I locked the door behind me and walked carefully down the steep drive. You never knew, today may just be the day I caught my nerve to run away.

Looking back and knowing what the future held for me, I’m not sure whether or not I would do this day differently- stay home from school, run far away from Forks. Because this day changed me dramatically, by both saving me and killing me. This is the worst, best, strangest, most horrifying and wonderful day in my entire life.

This is the day I met the Cullen’s.

I arrived at ‘Forks High’, my first day as a freshman. For some reason, I didn’t seem as excited as the passing kids. Maybe because I was all through convinced that this development wouldn’t influence my life- no improvements made, no downgrades necessary.
But one thing did set in- this was a bigger school, with different routes and a whole lot of strangers. And these factors really don’t help when you get yourself lost. So there I am, walking around in circles like a blind idiot, concentrating more on my half-drawn map than where my feet where heading, when I run head first into something really hard. I was thinking more a pole or a brick wall, so when a hand extended down to assist me, I was fairly surprised. Raising my head slowly- embarrassed by my display of clumsiness- my eyes graced the most gorgeous thing I had ever seen! My mouth dropped open and I couldn’t remember quite how to close it again.

“Sorry. That was entirely my fault.”
The boy admitted, pulling me up with ease. His tousled, brown-bronze hair stood in contrast against the impossibly pale skin, his eyes were butterscotch gold and his crooked smile melted my mind into tiny, slushy pieces. He was tall, his voice velvet smooth. Not a line on his face was out of place- an angel’s complexion.

“No. That…that’s fine.” I stuttered. He looked from my map to my confused frown and laughed.

“Lost?”
I tried to smile back, but the overwhelming embarrassment warped it into a grimace. I was having trouble looking at him, even though I hated to steer my gaze from his delightful appearance.

“Yeah, actually. Just a bit. Any idea where block 2 may have got to?” My shot at humour seemed to work- he chuckled and nodded.

“Yeah I’ll take you. It’s Edward by the way.” He introduced himself and I scrambled to recover my name.

“Oh! Abbie.”
He laughed at my hesitation followed by a quick fluster of speech.
We walked along, Edward making fluid conversation the whole way. I talked back, but only short, shy replies. He seemed rather amused by my ever flushing cheeks, my quickening heartbeat and carried a smug, all-knowing grin.

“You know, I think Bella will like you. You remind me of her very much.”

“Bella?” I asked, confused.

“My girlfriend.” He announced, watching my expression carefully. I couldn’t hide my disappointment and it was as clear as glass on my face. His eyes widened with light shock but the smile didn’t loosen as he tousled my hair. Then I couldn’t help my heart jumping with joy- I reminded him of his girlfriend! Wow! No way!
Edward seemed to hear that jolt, guess my thoughts, and his amusement grew considerably.

“Oh well, here you are.” He gestured to a door on the left, a room already packed full with my chattering classmates. I didn’t remember informing him of my exact destination, but how could I complain against his kind assistance?

“Thanks again Edward, you’re a life saver!”

“No problem.” He waved, turning to walk back the way we’d come.

Lunch time came and I began pushing my way through the bustling crowds, being shoved back three paces for each one I attempted to take. I kept an eye out for Edward, longing to run into him again.
Finally, I made it into the cafeteria, miraculously alive, and made my way over to the food court.

Everybody knows the haunting stories of freshmen’s being dunked down toilet seats and thrust into garbage bins- how the older ones loved to taunt us. I was positive I would attract a target soon enough, placed square upon my back.
My pale skin and long, pitch black hair made me hard to miss- everyone in forks was light skinned from lack of sunlight, but I took it to a whole new level. I wore all black and I doubted I owned any other wardrobe colours.
So when I saw the group of boys watching me, I knew exactly what they wanted. They were tenth graders at least, punching clenched fists menacingly into their palms. I sighed, taking as long as I could in the lunch line. I noticed them getting impatient, which would only make for more aggressive play, so I stepped out and walked along- waiting for them to follow.

“Ouch.” I reflexively screeched as they pulled me back, dropping my lunch tray with a soft clatter. Oh no! Not the toilet! I could probably handle being dumped into a pile of rotting fish sticks, but I would rather not be half drowned in a boy’s lavatory.
The weird thing is, no-one even tried to help me. They just freely dragged me by the jacket out the cafeteria door.
No one until…

“I think you should let her go.” The deep, warning menace immediately set off a flow of relief in my mind.

“Edward!” I gasped as the gang scattered, trembling under Edward’s glare, leaving me on the cold cement, “Thanks!”

“Ha! As if I was going to let them take you!” His crooked smile had me tripping. I couldn’t help admiring his beauty.

“E…everybody else did.” I gasped, stuttering again.
He frowned, somewhat confused.

“You’re a bit too young to be after me aren’t you?”
I gasped, thinking I’d been admiring him out loud. Had I?
Just then a girl slightly past Edward’s age came to sand by his side, putting an arm around his waist.

(Sorry nothing much happens, it's kind of just the intro)
Please read and comment :D

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

I like it...Hahahaha Bella had to ruin the moment ;)
:) HAHA I like it.
Thanks Guys :)

He He :')

i'v missed abbie!

ahhh, cant wait for the next one :D

Update Sooon

<3

Can You guys do Me a favour and Spread the word :)

I won't be updating until I get a few more comments

<3

ahhhh yay your writting again abbie!! i can't belive it. i love your story hopefully you write more soon! :)
Ahhhhhhhh, i hope you got my message and i reallllly want you to continue writing the story... It would make me very happy :)
<3 Morgan

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service