The Twilight Saga

Bella is anything but normal, though she tries very hard to be. She's athletic and all-around smart and beautiful. She's the most popular girl in school and she's the head cheerleader, class president, tutors and volunteers at the hospital. She's the ideal daughter and everyone looks up to her but no one can imagine what happened to her when she was little. She has a horrible past and prefers to keep it there, the only person who truly knows her past is  her best friend, Jasper. He was there when it all happened, a witness to everything. What everyone doesnt know is that they are secret spies, they go on missions during school. Three new students arrived at school, trying hard to fit in. They seem to take interest in Jasper and Bella, but will they trust them not to kill them? Will they find out that Jas and Bella are spies? And what about love?

Chapter 1:

Bella

I clenched my teeth to keep from screaming the images replaying in my head, vividly as I was re-living it. It happened 7 years ago but I remembered it like it was yesterday. The same nightmare that has been keeping me up since it happened. I usually got 3 or 4 hours of sleep if I was lucky, if not I took naps during my lunch and open classes. The latter usually happened. I mostly stayed awake during the night, catching up on my schoolwork and training with Jasper. He understood me. He stayed awake during most of the nights I did too. When he came over in the night we went to a clearing in the woods not too far from here, where we could train peacefully, not worrying about anyone seeing us. He was there when it happened, watching everything. He felt helpless at the time when they were restraining him. He couldn’t handle not doing anything. He felt guilty for not trying hard enough even though he was only 10 at the time. I immediately told him that he couldn’t have done anything more than he already had. Since that day, we have been inseparable. We have been each other’s support system throughout everything. When two guys came to our school and told us what we had to begin to do, we immediately backed each other up, not doing anything without the other. He is my best friend. Some people thought we were going out when we first entered high school, but now that it’s our junior year the rumors have calmed down somewhat. I have a feeling they’re waiting to see if we fall in love but we won’t I know we won’t. That is exactly why I couldn’t tell him the nightmares had been coming back more frequently. I had been doing so good for the past 3 months, getting 2 hours of sleep every night but it came back tonight. I wish I had him here next to me. I thought of him and my mom, how much they loved me. My friends at school that cared about me, though they didn’t know what happened to me.

The images slowly faded from my mind and I took a deep breath. It was over. For now. I sighed and looked at the clock. It was 5:47am. I closed my eyes and groaned. I had only gotten 40 minutes of sleep. School was going to be unbearable today, as it was always. I looked at the ceiling knowing I couldn’t go back to sleep after the nightmare. I pushed off my purple comforter and rolled out of my queen sized bed. My room was a master bedroom with its own bathroom attached to it and a walk-in closet. The balcony was to my right, showing off the tree I always escaped to, to look at the stars and moon when I couldn’t sleep. My room was white and purple. My desk where I did homework was on my left against the wall, it was a dark chestnut color with a lamp and a comfortable chair. There was a flat screen TV directly in front of my bed hanging from the wall. Under it was a shelf of all my trophies and awards. I played a few sports every year it changed. I played soccer, volleyball, swam, softball, and now I was a cheerleader. No, I’m not stuck up like all the other cheerleaders which is a stereotype but it was mostly true. Our school was really nice all around. The jocks and cheerleaders were nice to everyone, including everyone who wanted to be our friends. How could I be a cheerleader when something terrible happened to me when I was smaller? Aren’t I supposed to be traumatized for life, going to a shrink daily and being depressed? I couldn’t afford to be depressed. My dad wouldn’t have wanted that, he told me so himself so I respected his wish and made the most of my life.  But aren’t cheerleaders supposed to be cheery and preppy all the time? Most of them are supposed to but I manage to have a happy smile occasionally. Cheerleading takes my mind off of things. I was head cheerleader, class president and in the running for valedictorian. I’m in the yearbook committee, tutor children, volunteer at the hospital and play the piano. This all looks good on college applications, which is one of the reasons why I do it, except I left out the training part, that was a secret. The other reason is this helped me have somewhat of a normal life.

But then again how normal could I really be after what I experienced? I winced at the thought that I could never forget. My room was full of pictures of mostly me and Jasper and my other friends, Anelise, Juliet, Lexi, and Jacob. Those are my closest friends but none come close to Jasper. I sighed as I looked at the pictures, wishing that moment could’ve been frozen in time and I would have stayed in there forever. I trudged to the bathroom, grabbing my towel from my closet. I brushed my teeth and took a nice, relaxing shower. I glanced at the clock which read 6:50am. I had plenty of time until Jas got here, that was the good thing about not sleeping. I looked in my closet deciding what to wear. It was surprisingly cold outside, so I decided on a red cashmere sweater with dark blue skinny jeans and ballet flats. I looked my special heart locket that my dad had given me when I was little. It was silver mixed with gold. The outline of it was covered in small diamonds and his picture was inside the locket. That picture was my favorite. It was simple but meaningful. It was a family portrait but without the formality of it. We weren’t dressed up but in casual clothes and looked genuinely happy. I closed the locket and got dressed. I got a comb and untangled my hair. I finished and the air was already drying my hair. I looked at myself in the full length mirror in my closet. I had a nice, curvy body but I didn’t flaunt it. I was 5’6 and had long, straight light brown hair that almost reached my butt. My eyes were the strangest part. They were a mixture of gray, green, and blue but outlined with a slight tint of gold around the edges. I looked at the clock again seeing it was 7:23 and grabbed my school bag to walk down the stairs. I lived with my mom in a huge house in Forks, Washington. We have lived in this house since I was born. It was only the two of us in this huge house, my dad died when I was small. The house was 5 floors and had its own elevator. The first floor was where the kitchen, living room, dining room, the den and it also had a guest room. The second floor was where my mom’s bedroom was and mine along with two more guest rooms. We each had our own bathroom. The third floor was where the game room, arcade room, tv room and piano room was. The fourth floor was the mini shopping mall was located. My mom lived for clothes and instead of continuously going shopping every day, she had a mini mall installed. The fifth floor was used for storage but had a couple other things as well. My mom was a doctor, a pediatric surgeon, which is what I wanted to be as well. I loved kids and wanted to help save them.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. “Good morning mom” I said giving my mom a kiss on the cheek before getting my cereal from the cabinet and the milk from the fridge. “Good morning sweetie,” my mom said giving me a smile as she reached for her coffee.

“Are you excited about your first day of school? It’s your junior year. Only one more year until you graduate and then you’ll be off to college” my mom said looking sad.

“Mom” I said rolling my eyes, “we still have time to be together and I won’t be far from here.”

“I know but time goes by so fast and I don’t know how I’ll survive without you” she said, dabbing her eyes.

“How will you ever survive without my cooking?” I said, laughing at the thought of my mom cooking and burning down the kitchen.

Jas strolled into the kitchen at that moment, his hair wet from his shower which I bet he took 3 minutes ago. His eyes dropping slightly, I laughed knowing I was right.

“Hey Bee. Good morning Amy ”, he said dropping his bag on the floor and pouring himself some coffee before grabbing a donut from the table.

“Morning” we both replied. Jas looked at me, a smile on his lips before he really looked at me. I saw a flash of worry before his smile returned but this time it didn’t quite reach his eyes.

“Sleep good, Bee?” he asked, it was loaded question I knew.

“Yep, just fine” I replied, slipping on my blank mask as I looked him straight in the eye. I didn’t want him to know that the nightmares had returned but I couldn’t lie to him for long. He knew me too well.

“It was better than fine because you were dreaming of me shirtless. If you want I can make your dreams come true,” he said winking, making me and my mom laugh. I had seen him shirtless plenty of times.

“Please that would be a nightmare, not a dream” I said, still laughing. His eyes narrowed slightly, such a subtle movement that I wouldn’t have caught it if I wasn’t trained to see such small moves. I knew that he would question me one we got in the car. I sighed inwardly, thinking of an excuse to explain the slightly dark circles under my eyes I knew he would notice because he always did, no matter how hard I tried to hide it.

“You know you want this,” he said turning around slowly for me to watch and gesturing to his well defined chest, while smirking. We laughed again and I rolled my eyes.

“Breakfast sure is entertaining with you two around” my mom said grabbing her empty cup and putting it into the dishwasher. She walked over to give me a kiss on the cheek and did the same to Jas.

“That’s our deal, I make you laugh and you feed me, right?” Jas said, smiling. My mom nodded and laughed.

“Bye, love you. See you later. Have a good first day of school today. Oh and Bee?” my mom said.

“Yes?” I asked, wondering what she wanted.

“Don’t get too frustrated with the uncoordinated who think they can make the squad and scar them for life” my mom said laughing, while I scowled. I knew what she said was true. I had endless patience but that wasn’t enough for tryouts.

“I’ll try to keep that in mind. Goodbye Mom!” I yelled at her as she walked through the door. Jas was still chuckling, his light brown hair falling into his eyes. I stuck my tongue out at him and turned around to put the bowl in the dishwasher.

“So how did you really sleep?” Jas asked quietly, his gray eyes serious. I winced inwardly, knowing that lying to him was impossible but I had to try. I didn’t like him worrying about me. I turned around and rolled my eyes, my face carefully blank of any sadness and guilt.

“I slept just fine, dreaming of you of course” I said, smiling. He looked at me with knowing eyes and I sighed, looking into his eyes. I dropped the mask, he was the only person I trusted well enough to do that.

“Jas..” I started but he cut me off.

“Bee, you should have called” he said quietly. “I didn’t want to worry you” I responded.

“How long?” he asked, knowing exactly that he was asking how much time I had slept.

“40 minutes, but I wasn’t even tired because I had coffee last night and-“ I was going to continue but he cut me off.

“I know you, your mask might block everyone from seeing how tired you really are, but I was trained to do the same thing. I can see through it easily and you know that so why bother trying to lie to me?” he asked.

“It doesn’t hurt to try” I said, whispering.

“Bee, you know that I’m sorry” he said crossing to me and wrapping his arms around me. I closed my eyes, willing the images from last night to go away before I started to cry.

“They won’t go away” I whispered my voice breaking in the middle. His lips were on the base of my neck, near my collarbone, soothing me instantly. He had first done that when we were smaller and he saw my crying one night after the incident. It calmed me down and now every time I was panicking or stressed he did that. It wasn’t sexual in any way and we both knew it. I matched my breathing with his and the images started to fade. I pulled away and smiled gratefully at him. He nodded at my silent thanks and stepped away.

“Don’t get any ideas. I have many ladies waiting for me at school and I can’t disappoint them by saying I’m taken now, can I?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. I smacked his arm, but he didn’t even flinch.

“Whatever. Let’s go we’re gonna be late” I said rolling my eyes. He smirked at me and grabbed my bag and his and walked to my car which was a black Audi 2012. I had gotten it for my birthday a couple months ago. I grabbed two water bottles and granola bars from the cabinet and sprinted towards the car which he was already in the driver’s seat. He sped away from the house as soon as I closed the door.

“If it’s my car shouldn’t I be the one driving?” I muttered, scowling. He laughed and glanced at me.

“Maybe” he replied.

“You don’t see me driving your car, do you?” I asked.

“Actually yes I do” he said smirking. I sighed. “Besides we have this discussion every day. How are you not used to it?” he asked.

“Shut up” I mumbled and looked out the window. He chuckled.

“I forgot to ask when we left home. Did you bring your equipment?” I asked Jas. He was captain of the Varsity football team and today was tryouts. He nodded.

“It’s all at school and your uniform?” he replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

“Yep mine too” I said and started to unbuckle my seatbelt as we drove into the lot of the school.

Forks High School might be a public school, but majority of kids had wealthy parents which had given them nice cars. Jas headed towards our usual spot at the very front. I climbed out and he followed in suit. Our friends immediately surrounded us, mostly jocks and cheerleaders asking how our summer was and while we explained what we did together leaving out a couple things, they looked intrigued asking that they wanted to spend next summer vacation with us and we chuckled and nodded, agreeing. While everyone was talking about their summer, I glanced at Jas. He nodded discretely and I casually scanned the parking lot area while Jas did the same for anything out of the ordinary. He shook his head and I did as well, he shoulders relaxed the tiniest bit and I smiled. I passed him his granola bar and water and he smiled. The jocks and cheerleaders parted at the front doors, going off to their own lockers and heading to homeroom as the bell was about to ring in a couple minutes. I walked down with Anelise and Lexi. A few people greeted us and we smiled warmly greeting them by name and asking how their summers were. We got to our lockers which were right next to each other. I put in my new notebooks and stuff inside above where my cheer uniform was hanging. I closed my locker and waited for Analise and Lex to finish so we could walk to homeroom together. They closed their lockers and looked at me expectantly. I was confused momentarily, before realization hit.

“Ugh. Not this again. Every year it’s the same thing. I would think that you had gotten over asking me” I said, rolling my eyes.

“That didn’t answer the question, Bella” Lex pointed out. I glared at my two friends who were looking at me eagerly.

“No he hasn’t asked me out and he never will. We are best friends and nothing more and that’s all we’ll ever be” I said. Every year they asked me if Jas has asked me out yet. They are so sure he likes me but I know that it isn’t true. We have a different kind of love. We met in 7th grade so I had heard this question 5 times, excluding the looks they give me which imply the same thing.

“Whatever. He will soon” they said. I laughed at that thought.

“Let’s just walk. We’ll be late to homeroom” I said as we linked arms and walked towards our class. We sat down together in the middle and Lex was talking to Anelise about some guy she was dating. I put my head down, the sleepless night catching up to me quickly. My iPhone buzzed and I took it out of my bag. I looked at the screen.

You can close your eyes, I’ll look around the text read. I knew it was from Jas. I nodded not looking up, knowing he was looking at me. I thanked him in my mind before resting my head again. We still had about a minute before the teacher came in. My eyes were drooping closed before a movement to my left caught my eye. My eyes quickly adjusted following the movement as the door opened. I wasn’t sleepy anymore. My gaze flicked to Jas and he was glancing at the door as well, being discrete. We were doing the same thing. Trying to figure out a plan if we were attacked. My thoughts were interrupted by three teenagers walking in through the door with the teacher in suit. They were chatting innocently and my eyes quickly raked over their bodies, assessing for any weapons before looking at Jas. I relaxed slightly knowing we weren’t in immediate danger.

“Who is that hottie?” Anelise whispered to me and Lex. I frowned wondering who she was talking about before remembering that there were new students here. I looked at the girls first. One was tall and blonde, beautiful. Her long hair reached her waist and her eyes were an almond brown. She had curves in all the right places which were slightly accented by the nice fitting blue and white blouse she had on and skinny jeans with heels. The guys were looking, no more like drooling over her. I looked at the petite girl next. Her hair was spiked at the top, which seemed to fit her just right. Her eyes were an eccentric blue and although she was small, she had a nice body and looked like she jogged daily. Her curves weren’t as prominent as the blonde’s but she was beautiful as well. I liked her sense in fashion, she was wearing a long-sleeved v-neck blue shirt that seemed to accent her eyes and black jeans with heels as well. The guy caught my eye, as I’m sure the rest of the girls thought as well. He was lean but had a fair amount of muscle. He had on a black shirt that was fitted and stretched when his muscles did. I could tell he worked out a lot and had well-defined legs. That much I could tell through his jeans. His hair was a bronze, copper color combined, a little disheveled but it looked good on him. His emerald green eyes snapped up at that moment, his phone forgotten which he was checking, and met my gaze. He smirked at me, raising an eyebrow. He knew I was staring at him. I looked away quickly and waited long enough until I felt his gaze off of me and glanced back. He was nodding at something the petite girl said, but didn’t look quite focused. He was frowning. It seemed like something was up and I planned out how to retaliate in case they attacked us. His gaze snapped up to mine that same moment.  

This is the first chapter of Its Never Easy? I hope its good. Leave comments please! They would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I should continue with it. Thanks :) Sorry this chapter was long, I wasn't sure where to end it.

-Y

Views: 314

Replies to This Discussion

great update!  can't wait to read your next one!

Plz update more!!!

OMG PLEASE UPDATE SOON I LOVE IT SO FAR!!

Rhi xo

Chapter 4:

Bella POV

After a grueling 3 hours of practice, repeating myself over and over again I was exhausted beyond belief. Combined with my lack of sleep and recent injury, all I wanted to do was sleep for a week. We dismissed the girls and waited until the last ones were out before speaking of them. I decided to take a shower at home, since I needed to make sure that the stitches were healed enough. I looked at my phone. Bee, I'm waiting for you outside by the car, my phone read.

"So Bella how many girls do you think have the potential to make our team?" Mere asked me.

I thought about it, replaying tryouts in my head. "Hmmm, maybe around 16 the most," I replied.

"Yeah I thought that too. Since we can only accept around 14 girls because we have the four of us and the other four girls. That would give us a total of 22 girls," Lex said, gathering her things.

"And for JV? I was thinking that there were several girls, too many to count" Anelise said, thoughtfully.

"There were some girls that were just hopeless" Lex said, throwing her hands in the air. I laughed out loud.

"I think you're just a tad bit mean Lex. We'll discuss this tomorrow, I have to go Jas is waiting for me in the car" I said, waving bye to them.

"Yeah to go on your date!" I heard Anelise yell. I rolled my eyes and laughed. I walked to the car, thinking about Edward.

"Hey Bee, get your butt in here! Mom called wanting us to pick something up for ourselves because she's on call tonight" Jas said, standing next to Edward. I smiled at Edward and he smiled back. Rose and Alice were standing next to them.

"You guys did extremely well in tryouts today. Might even make varsity with me, but don't tell anyone that's a secret" I said, whispering the last part. Everyone laughed and they both nodded.

"And how did Edward do in tryouts today, Jasper?" Alice asked him, smiling. I turned away, noting that it was their moment. While Rose and Edward were talking, I put my school bag in the car. I grabbed Jas' car keys from his jacket on the seat and got an idea. I smirked, imagining his reaction. I drank from his gatorade and put it on the passenger seat. I started the car and got out again. I looked at the time and calculated how much time it would take to make some tacos for me and Jas to eat. I wasn't in the mood for takeout. I hated to interrupt his and Alice's moment, but I had to if we wanted to discuss things and cook dinner.

"Hey sorry to interrupt guys, but we should really get going now, it's getting late" I said, looking at Jas. He nodded and smiled at Alice before turning the Edward and Rose. While he was saying some last things to Edward, I said my goodbyes to Alice and Rose.

"Bye Edward!" I said and waved at him. He smiled and waved back and patted Jas on the back. I ran to the drivers seat, locked the doors and smiled when Jas realized what I had done.

"You better get out of there Bee or I'll have to take you out," Jas threatened.

"I'd love to see you try. You either sit in the passenger seat and let me drive MY car or walk home alone" I said, sticking my tongue out.

"You drive my car all the time and you don't hear me complain!" Jas whined and stomped his foot. Edward, Alice and Rose laughed at the sight.

"Yes I do! All the time!" I said.

"But I've never done this before!" he gestured towards me. I laughed.

He suddenly grabbed me from the drivers seat and out of the car. I used his legs and arms as leverage to flip myself over his head and out of his grasp.

"This isn't over. Its 2-0 but I can still catch up" he said referring to my comment about Alice. I smiled and rolled my eyes. I got into the passenger seat and he into the driver's seat.The three of them were laughing so hard tears were coming out of their eyes.

"Bye guys see you tomorrow!" we said, backing out of the driveway. Jas narrrowed his eyes at me and I laughed. He opened his mouth to say something but I beat him to it.

"Yeah, yeah. You know where I live" I said. He smile,d but stuck his tongue out. I punched his arm, but he dodged it. I sighed and looked out the window, exhaustion catching up rapidly. I leaned my head against the window. He took my hand and squeezed it. I closed my eyes, feeling as if I couldn't hold them open any longer. The next thing I was aware of was my comfortable covers around me, the smell of something in the kitchen, and I was wrapped in a fluffy towel. I got out of my bed to find one of Jas' t-shirts and a pair of sweatpants laying there. I got dressed and put my slippers on. I trudged downstairs to find Jas cooking, his hair wet as well.

"I took the liberty of making tacos for us" Jas said, serving us both two tacos and drinks from the fridge. I pulled the chair at my usual place and he did too.

"You showered me?" I asked, before taking a bite of the taco. It tasted delicious and well-seasoned. He remembered to not put any tomatoes on mine. The flavors went well together and were balanced correctly.

"I undressed you and put you in the shower but you half-woke up and showered. I waited outside the door to make sure you were okay. I put your robe on you, tucked you into bed and then combed your hair because I know how you hate when it gets tangled. You fell asleep instantly and I went to take a quick shower. I checked on you again before going downstairs and starting dinner. You were out for like a good three hours" Jas said while eating his tacos.

"Thanks Jas " I said and smiled at him gratefully.

"Anything for you" he said, smiling warmly. There was a moment of silence, but it wasnt awkward. It was comfortable, but it was time for business now.

"So about Esme.." I started and he flinched.

"We don't have to talk about it Bee. It passed" he said, swirling his drink. I sighed and  looked down.

"Jas, this is so hard for me. Tomorrow is the day. I don't think I can handle it" I admitted, hating that he had to see me so weak. I was strong for him since I was little. Sometimes I forced myself to not cry and comforted him when he felt down.

"We can stay home tomorrow. I'll call in sick and we can watch movies, eat junk food, go into the jacuzzi and play video games all day" Jas said, trying his best to make me feel better. He smiled and grabbed my hand. I smiled back, it was imposisble for me not to with Jas. He always knew what to do to make me feel better.

"We can bake! Because I know you love baking" I said, grinning. He grumbled.

"Right...."he said pouting, but I saw the smile underneath. I jumped up, smiling at our plans for tomorrow. We would be so distracted that we couldn't possibly remember what that day meant. I smacked his arm lightly and he smiled. He stood up and took our plates to the dishwasher. I went upstairs to my room to get our homework, so we could have the whole day tomorrow to not worry about it. I brought it downstairs and set it on the coffee table in the tv room. Jas was already on the couch, picking out the movie that we would watch. He settled on A Walk to Remember because he knew I loved that movie. We talked about the Cullens, if they would make varsity football/cheerleading, how we still needed to keep an eye on them in case they are an enemy and if they were safe enough to be around in case they started to develop feelings. By the time we finished, it was about 3am. I was exhausted and I could tell Jas was too.

Mom still hadn't come home and I knew she wouldn't come home until later tonight. I wanted to get up and go to bed, but I was too comfortable and Jas was already closing his eyes. I scooted closer to him and felt safe. I dozed off and woke to the sound of the blender. I blinked several times, disoriented because of the sun shining. I remembered we fell asleep while watching the movie. I checked the time on my phone and it read 10:13am. It was then that I realized that I had slept for 7 hours. That hadn't happened in a long while. I think it was because Jas was here with me.

Great Update!!

I Love that they are That comfortable with each other.

Keep Me Updated Please!!

--KITKAT

great update!  Poor Esme, can't wait to read your  next update!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service