The Twilight Saga

SUMMARY

Cassandra Llewellyn is just an ordinary freshman girl in Anchorage, Alaska. She was, at least, until the new kids, Tanya and Kate, showed up at school. She soon befriends these repelling, yet bewitching sisters, completely unaware that she has just intermixed with two very dangerous creatures, and gets closer and closer to them as the week passes. When a horrible accident endangers her life, her new friends are forced to tell her what they really are and save her in the only way they know how. But how can this newborn vampire survive when she refuses to harm a living creature? Meet the whole Cullen clan from a truly vegetarian vampire's point of view, and how she struggles to keep humans- and animals- from her deadly grasp.

Okay, so I have actually finished this story, but I've decided to only post the first chapter until I get some comments on it. After that, I'll add the rest of it. I hope you enjoy! Oh, and sorry, it's a bit long.

PROLOGUE
Anchorage, Alaska. A simple enough place to live, though I had to admit my life was anything but simple after starting high school here. I had lived here for my entire existence, but of course the place itself wasn’t what changed my life; it was the people who moved here. They were freshmen in high school, just like me. They came on the first day and basically kept to themselves as anybody else would have, but it was painstakingly obvious that everyone was avoiding them. This small, insignificant detail was what started all the chaos.
CHAPTER 1
I walked over to our lunch table and sat down, looking around at the people I considered my friends. Veronica Stone, my only friend from elementary school, was sitting next to me and talking about a back-to-school party she had been invited to. Jack Derekson, sitting on my other side, was new to our middle school and had latched onto our group within a few days. Sandra Rodriguez, a foreign exchange student from Spain, was only here for the year and had eagerly accompanied me everywhere I went- mostly because I was nearly fluent in Spanish. And Clara Bonaparte, who simply hung out with us because we didn’t make fun of her name- she was in no way related to Napoleon.
I had to admit that most of our ties weren’t strong, which just seemed pathetic, but at least we didn’t just sit alone all the time. The only bond that seemed strong by any definition was the bond between Jack and me. We had never understood why Jack hadn’t been drawn in by the prep boys- he was certainly cute enough for that- and had started hanging out with us, but Veronica was convinced that it was because he had a crush on me. As much as I wanted to believe it- after all, I liked him, too- I just couldn’t bring myself to ask, so we just hung out like average friends.
So when I saw the two lonely, unfamiliar girls sitting at a corner table all by themselves, I didn’t feel guilty in the slightest to leave my group to talk to them.
“Who are they?” I asked Veronica as soon as I could get a word in. She paused to see where I was looking, then giggled.
“That’s Tanya and her sister, Kate. They just moved here from somewhere in the continental United States. They look like super models-to-be, but honestly, there’s just something creepy about them, don’t you think?”
I looked at them again, more closely this time, and I had to admit she had a point; there was an intimidating air about them that seemed naturally repellant. Of course, that wasn’t going to stop me from getting to know them, because they might be nice people and I would hate to be alone in a new school if I were in that position.
“I’m going to go talk to them,” I said firmly, getting up from my chair.
“Whatever.” Veronica waved it away, but Jack caught my wrist before I could take a step.
“Cassandra,” he said. My heart did little flips at the sound of my name on his lips, but I kept my face blank. “Are you sure that’s a good idea? There’s something weird about them, I can feel it. Maybe they’re dangerous…”
I rolled my eyes and gently pulled my hand away. “Well, there’s only one way to find out for sure. You can’t judge a book by its cover, you know.” I grinned at him, and he smiled slightly back, though it didn’t touch his eyes.
“Yeah, I guess you’re right. Still…” I touched his cheek with my hand, silencing him, and turned to the newest members of our student body.
“Hi,” I said nervously, walking up to them. They both looked at me in surprise. “I heard you’re new here?”
“Yes,” the one closest to me said. She had light blonde curls with a strawberry tint and a musical voice that could put any singer to shame.
I realized my mouth had dropped open, so I tried to hide it with another question.
“Where did you come from?”
“We came up from Washington over the summer. Our mother-” did she cringe, or was it my imagination? – “wanted to move here for personal reasons. We could not deny her.” There was a hint of sorrow in her beautiful voice, but she kept it hidden from her face.
“Yeah, I suppose it’s hard to adjust to a new school and everything, but I’m sure you’ll love it here when you get used to it.” I couldn’t completely empathize with them, considering I had never been in their situation before, but I could at least try to sympathize. Maybe.
“Oh, I’m sure we will,” the other girl said, flashing me a brilliant smile. I thought I heard the first one laugh, but she still had the same expression on her face, so I must have imagined it.
“Um.” I took a deep breath. Her smile was even more intimidating than the aura around them, but I couldn’t let that turn me away; they seemed nice enough to me, and not dangerous at all. “What are your names?”
“Of course! How rude of me,” the strawberry-blonde said. “I am Tanya Cullen, and this is my sister Kate.” Kate gave me another unsettling smile, looking as if she was enjoying some kind of joke.
“I’m Cassandra Llewellyn,” I stuttered. “It’s nice to meet you.” Tanya smiled this time, and her grin was much more inviting than Kate’s.
“It is a pleasure to meet you, too,” she said. Then she turned to her sister. “See, Kate! The first day of freshman year, and already we’re making friends.” They both laughed and looked at me.
“We should probably get to class,” Kate said. “It’d be a pity if we were late on our first day.” Tanya nodded and got up from the table waving a friendly good-bye as they walked away. I waved back, smiling weakly, before going to sit next to Jack and Veronica again.
“So, how’d it go?” Jack asked, touching my shoulder. “Did you make some new friends, or some new enemies?”
“I have no idea!” I groaned. He looked at me for a moment and shrugged.
“You can think about it later. Let’s get to class.” I smiled as he helped me up and walked with him to dump his tray before we went our separate ways.
My next class was gym. I was neutral when it came to sports and physical activity, but no other girls in school ever seemed to enjoy it, so I was stuck sitting on the gym floor with a bunch of whiney teenagers while we waited for the bell to ring. I leaned back onto my book bag to wait out the class just as two more girls slipped through the door. They both looked like they would rather have skipped, just like the rest of the class.
Tanya and Kate smiled when they caught my eye and went to sit at the edge of the mob, where everyone was most spread out. Everyone within spitting distance shuffled away from them subconsciously, and I just watched in disbelief. How could anyone be so unlikeable on their first day of school?! I rolled my eyes and crawled over to sit in front of them.
“Hi again,” I said tentatively, leaning back on my bag a second time.
“Hello, Cassandra,” Tanya greeted warmly.
“Hey, Cassy!” Kate said. Her sister gave her a sharp look. “Um, you don’t mind if I call you that, do you?” she added quickly.
“Not at all,” I replied. “A lot of people call me that.” I grinned. Only my close friends (or Jack) ever bothered to give me a nickname.
“So, are any of your other friends in this class?” Tanya asked casually. “I’d love to meet them.”
She had said any of your other friends! I gained hope from that statement.
“Not really,” I admitted. “My closest friend is a guy, and my three other friends aren’t taking PE this semester.” I laughed. “Probably afraid they’ll break a nail.”
“Really?” Tanya asked, looking surprised.
“You have to have more friends than that!” Kate said in disbelief. I just shook my head. “Unbelievable.”
“You were brave enough to talk to us,” Tanya said. “And very friendly.”
“Thank you,” I whispered, “but I’m actually pretty shy. I just know I wouldn’t want to be alone on my first day in a new place, and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone else, wither. So, I talked to you so you wouldn’t feel lonely, since apparently no one else had the courtesy.” I gave the chattering teenage girls behind me a disapproving look.
“That is very kind of you,” Tanya said, “but you do not need to give up anything for our benefit; we will not be lonely.”
I smiled ruefully. “Trust me, I’m not giving anything up. I’m happy to get to know you.”
“Okay,” Tanya said, smiling back. “It’s been a pleasure to meet you, Cassandra Llewellyn.”

Tags: cassandra, vegetarians

Views: 75

Replies to This Discussion

cant wait to read it...
your an amazing writter u should try nd see if someone would publish it i would buy it the first day it comes out no matter how much it cost :D
i love this story :) its awesome....cant wait for more!!!!

Where's more???!!!! Please post soooooooooooonnnnnnnn...Its simply an amazing story !!!

Sorry, It's been a while since I've commented on this story.  This story is going to be a saga actually, and the first three books are done.  I'll write the last one after I'm farther with an original story I'm writing, called 'A Capture Gone Good.' you can check that out too, if you want. :)  Here's the hyperlinks for the stories, if you're interested...

Cassandra: a True Talent

Cassandra: a True Mystery

Cassandra: a True Champion (coming soon) :)

A Capture Gone Good

Original Story

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service