The Twilight Saga

set when Alice and Jasper come join the Cullen family - bonding, slip ups, everything that comes with coming into and accepting new vamps into the family. Mrs Sky Cullen and I are writing this together. (1st chap mostly by Mrs Sky Cullen)

Chapter One~

Alice:
I gripped Jasper’s hand, as I skipped down the driveway to my new home - oops, correction: our new home.
"So, do the Cullen’s know we’re coming?" Jasper asked, as we walked into a beautiful garden, with roses and dandelions and all sorts of pretty plants.
"Nope!" I said cheerfully, as we approached the huge wooden oak door.
Jazz looked concerned for a moment, but shrugged it off, as I knocked politely - not that I really needed to. I knew where the spare key was hidden, and that I would be living here by tonight anyway.
Three people came up to the door to answer. One was a tall, blonde woman, with curious but tight eyes, irritated. From my visions, I guessed this was Rosalie.
There was another, shorter woman, with long caramel hair, and kind, golden eyes. I knew instantly that this was Esme, from the soft way she looked at me.
Lastly, there was Carlisle, a tall blonde man, with caring eyes, and a kind smile on his curious face.
"Hello. Can I help you?" he asked, studying the two of us. He was the only one able to configure his expression. Esme was staring horrified at Jasper’s scarred figure, pity clear on her face, and Rosalie had jumped back in surprise, slightly whiter than normal, and looked as if she had just seen a ghost.
"Hello Carlisle," I said warmly, squeezing Jasper’s hand as he looked away uncomfortably. "I’m Alice, and this is Jasper. And you two-" I said, gesturing towards Esme and Rose- "Must be Rosalie and Esme."
I had to laugh as their gazes all turned to me, shocked that I knew them, when we had never met.
"Uh... Pleasure to meet you," Esme said, shaking her head back and forth, trying to understand what was happening.
"Pleasure to meet you too," Jasper said, bowing his head in respect, and also to hide his grin.
"How can we help you?" Carlisle asked again, a bit freaked out.
"We were wondering if we could move in. I want the room upstairs with the piano and amazing view," I said, grinning. Jasper hadn’t laughed until now, when we both saw the shocked and freaked expressions on each face. It was really funny!
"Excuse me?" Rosalie asked, unsure if she had heard me right. I rolled my eyes, holding back the giggles.
"We want to join your coven," I said, ignoring the annoyed expression that was now painted onto Rosalie’s face.
"You, err... want to join our coven?" Carlisle asked, unsure of what to say. Jasper and I both nodded eagerly.
I didn’t have to be Edward to know Esme wanted us to join, so she could look after us. Just by the way her expression changed from shock to love and understanding was enough for me to know that we were in.

"So, this is the room you wanted?" Carlisle asked, pointing towards a wide, open room, filled with records and books from different years, some older than others. In the corner was a black grand piano, with piles of music scattered on top and underneath. It was perfect.
"Yep," I said, jumping up and down with excitement.
"But that’s Edward’s room! Where will he work on his music?" Esme asked, dismayed.
"You have a garage, don’t you?" I asked, thinking back to when we had seen the outside of the house. Yes, I’m sure I remember seeing a garage.
"Yes..." Carlisle replied uncertainly.
"Then Edward can have that! You only have one car!" I said, looking up innocently at them. They looked at each other for a moment, and then shrugged. I laughed, and they helped us move the useless junk downstairs to the garage.
"Do you want to explain to me how you did that?" Jasper asked with a grin, as he picked up the sofa effortlessly, while I took piles of bad records off the shelves, and placed them in my arms.
"Seduction," I laughed, as we walked at a human pace down the long flight of stairs.
"You mean like you use on me every day?" he asked, and I swear if I could have, I would’ve turned pink. I giggled nervously.
"I guess," I said, thrilled.
We moved things around in silence for a while, both too nervous to say much.
Carlisle, Esme and Rosalie all just looked at us in awe. They were fascinated at the ease we seemed to feel around complete strangers. Especially Carlisle. He would occasionally follow us in our trips up and down the stairs, asking questions like "do you have any powers?" and "How do they work?" He avoided the subject of our pasts though, unsure he wanted to know. Neither of us minded, especially Jazz. He was just glad that they had all accepted him so easily.

Edward and Emmett came home a little after 7 o’clock. As soon as he entered the house, Edward was demanding to know why his room had been moved down into the garage, and then when he heard that Jasper and I, two complete strangers, had moved into his room, he went ballistic.
Well, until Carlisle and Esme reasoned with him.

"They’ve been in here all of two minutes and you give them my room?!" Edward cried as Carlisle drew Esme and Edward into his study.

"Well, Edward dear, we didn’t want to make them feel unwelcome," Esme crooned.

"I’m sure we can work something out. We could clear the spare room, or move my study if you’d prefer that one," Carlisle offered. I danced up to the wall. Jasper looked uncertain about eavesdropping – he needed to bend the rules a bit more.

"Alice, we should stay out of this…"

"Nonsense, Jazz. They’re talking about us, aren’t they? And it’s not as though I’m interrupting." I put my ear to the wall and heard Edward groan in frustration.

"What’s wrong?" Esme asked.

"The evil little pixie is eavesdropping," Edward muttered.

"Edward, you shouldn’t insult them like that. They’re your new family," Carlisle pointed out.

"Excuse me?" Edward asked – through clenched teeth by the sounds. Carlisle laughed weakly.

"Well, they wanted to join the coven…I wasn’t going to say no."

"Carlisle, what you have on your hands is a fairly newborn psychiatric patient and a Southern War veteran! They’re not just going to conform!"

"Neither did you, son."

This seemed to have struck a cord. Jasper shifted uncomfortably at the base of the stairs. I swallowed and pulled away from the wall as the door flung open. Edward sighed loudly and stormed out of the house, ignoring Carlisle and Esme’s cries after him.

"I’m sorry you had to see that," Esme apologised on behalf of all three. "Edward hasn’t been in a very good mood lately." I heard a deep chuckle from upstairs: Emmett, I guessed.

Esme shook her head slightly, looking very embarrassed at the state of her household.

"We might have come at a bad time," Jasper said. "We can leave you be, if you’d prefer: we don’t want to be any inconvenience."

"Oh, no, don’t leave! Edward’s just overreacting, that’s all," Esme assured us. She looked so heartbroken. She was clearly the mother of the family, but there were layers of her story – of the entire family’s story – missing. I was determined to get to know them. I already love my new family…the only family I can remember. I skipped upstairs and spun around in my and Jasper’s new bedroom.

My room, my house, my family; I was bubbly with joy. Jasper came and stood in the doorway, leaning on the doorframe as a smile crept onto his face. It didn’t reach his eyes though.

"What are you worried about?" I asked, putting on one of the good records I had kept up here. "They don’t want to hurt us, do they?"

"No," Jasper replied. "They’re honestly…welcoming." He said it as though it came as a surprise; as if the feeling of being wanted was unknown to him. I wanted to make him really smile.

"Come on, Jazz," I offered, pulling him into the middle of the empty floor. "Dance with me."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BANNERS always welcome :) and FEEDBACK and IDEAS ppl ~ we love our readers!!

CONTENTS:

Discussion: Chap 1

Pg 1: -

Pg 2: Chaps 2, 3

Pg 3: Chaps 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (we had some problems with disappearing chapters so these were reposted)

Pg 4: Chaps 9, 10

Pg 5: Chap 11

Pg 6: Chap 12

Pg 7: Chap 13

Pg 8: -

Pg 9: Chaps 14, 15

Pg 10: -

Pg 11: Chap 16

Pg 12: Chap 17

Pg 13: Chap 18

Pg 14: Chap 19

Pg 15: Chap 20

Pg 16: Chap 21

Pg 17: -

Tags: alice, better, changes, cullen, family, jasper, worse

Views: 649

Replies to This Discussion

thanks vamplvr we'll try!
glad you liked it Ashley - yes plz start next chapter :) yr 11 is running away with me aaaargh!!
LOVED!!!!!! This Chapter!!!! keep me posted plz!!!!!!!!!!!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service