The Twilight Saga

My eyes shot open as I sat up. I slowly turned around as Seth smiled at me. It felt like I was dreaming, all those days without him by my side, armed only with a memory of his face, was nothing like the real thing.

He smiled and I felt like I went to Heaven.

“Hey Vi,” he said as he took a step forward.

I stumbled to my feet and almost fell backwards in nervousness.

Seth laughed. “I thought vampires are supposed to be agile.”

I bit my lip and blushed as I stood upright.

“I still can’t believe it,” he said slowly as he took a step towards me.

“Believe what?” I asked, feeling a little doubtful.

He took two more steps forward. “That I still make you blush after all this time.”

I laughed quietly as he stood before me. He lay his hand on my cheek, and I felt his warmth seep into my skin.

His hand stroked my cheek, before it moved to my hair.

“Something bothers me,” he said looking at me closely,

“What?” I asked starting to panic.

He studied me. “Don’t I…smell?” he asked.

I stopped panicking and sniffed the air. The scent of forest and wood pine was strong around us. He didn’t smell like he did the time I had woken up in my new form. He smelled sweet to me.

“No,” I replied smiling, “You don’t.”

He breathed out in relief, and lightly planted a kiss on my lips. I felt warmth and infatuation fill my entire body.

“Your eyes. They’re beautiful,” he whispered putting his forehead to mine.

I shrugged. “Yeah, well, suits my name.”

He chuckled. “I’ve missed you.”

“Me too,” I murmured.

I smiled in happiness and lay my head against his chest, his arms constricting around me.

He breathed in my scent.

“You’re so warm,” he whispered in my hair, “And you smell so sweet.”

“That’s funny, so do you,” I replied.

We both looked at each other seeing the differing bizarreness of the situation.

“Just questions, no answers,” I explained.

“Ah,” he said slowly unconvinced. He hugged me closer to his chest.

“I’m glad you came,” I breathed.

He smiled as we fell into the moment.

“Do you think you’re ready to come back?” Seth asked as I lay against his chest under the oak tree.

“I don’t know,” I replied, “It’s up to Carlisle to give me the green light.”

Seth tightened his embrace. “I can wait.”

I smiled and burrowed against him.

We lay there for a few more minutes in silence, before I spoke.

“How’s Gabriel?” I almost blurted out.

I felt Seth sigh. “He’s fine.”

I closed my eyes, and then opened them again. “Does he…ask for me?”  

“Constantly,” he replied.

I smiled feeling smug.

“But I tell him that you’ll be back, that ‘mama’s on vacation,’” he replied.

“What else does he say?” I asked settling into his chest.

“He says that he misses you, and demands you to come back,” Seth started, “That he loves you and wants to see you. We all do.”

“Tell me more about him,” I whispered, “About Leah and Sue and La Push.”

I wanted him to talk about my home, to distract me. He agreed and went spinning into stories.

I listened smiling and laughing at some parts and feeling sad at others. He didn’t run out of things to say and I was relieved.

“He’s grown you know,” he said now talking about Gabriel, “His hair has outgrown their curls, and he’s a lot taller.”

“Of course, he takes after his father,” I murmured.

“But misses his mother,” he replied. He kissed me on the forehead.

We watched the sun set slowly, in our own little world. I missed this. Watching the sunset with Seth and lazing about saying nothing but meaning absolutely everything. I wanted all of this, but I couldn’t.

When darkness had fallen, Seth helped me up to my feet, took my hand and led me back to the Cullen’s house.

We stood at the back door and he turned to me.

“I love you, Violet, forever,” he said.

I smiled and kissed him. “I love you, Seth, always.”

He kissed my hands and disappeared into the darkness. “I’ll come back again.”

I smiled after him, and watched as he was consumed by the night.

I stood there for a few moments.

“Aw.”

I looked up to the second story seeing Alice, Bella and Renesmee hanging out of the window. I rolled my eyes and Bella pulled them both into the window snickering.

I went back to my room that night, feeling the desire to go back to La Push fill my head. Seth’s visit gave me hope now and rekindled our relationship. I hoped and prayed that my training would be over soon.

“Violet,” Carlisle said as I sat in his study three days later, “You’re ready.”

“What?” I said quietly.

He chuckled. “You have studied and learnt well with us. And you seem to be very tame for a newborn vampire. You’re ready for the world.”

I breathed out in relief.

“I wonder if the world is ready for me,” I said nervously.

“We’ll just have to find out,” he replied.

I lay back in the chair in respite. “I’m so happy.”

“You should be,” Carlisle praised, “You have come a long way.”

I guess the universe had turned in my favour. I packed my things that afternoon, smiling to myself as I held the photo of Gabriel’s baby shower which showed my family and friends all covered in food from the food fight that day.

I chuckled remembering then lay it carefully on top of everything else in my suitcase. I zipped it shut, making it official.

A soft knock sounded at the door.

“Come in,” I said not paying attention, though I knew it was Bella.

Living with the Cullens these past few weeks made me familiar with their different scents and personas.

“Hey, having fun packing?” she asked as she stepped in the room.

“Yeah, now that I’m going home,” I replied.

She smiled and stood beside me.

“You’ve trained really hard, and I admire you for that, we all do,” she began.

“Thanks,” I answered feeling appreciated.

“That’s why we all wanted to give you this,” she said as she pulled out a silver chain that looked exactly like military dog tags.

I gasped in amazement at the jewellery. She handed it to me and I gazed at the silver marvel. It had one tag on it, with my name engraved in beautiful font across the silver plate. It was accompanied by a locket that had the Cullen crest as the lid. It looked exactly like the locket that Rosalie famously wears, but this crest was slightly different. In small letters at the bottom, just inside the border engraved the words:

Dum vita est spes est 

“It means: ‘while there is life there is hope,’” Bella explained.

I smiled at her and hugged her tight. “Thank you,” I murmured.

“You’re a part of the coven now,” Bella replied, “You deserve the crest.”

I grinned and put the chain around my neck with pride.  

The necklace with Seth’s tooth still hung around my neck since the day he had given it to me, and now I had added the Cullens recent gift. I was a part of two worlds.     

“So, are you excited?” Bella asked changing the subject.

I grinned. “Very.”

“Can’t blame you,” she replied.

A silence filled the air for a second, the awareness sinking in.

“I hope everything is the same,” I said absentmindedly.

Bella looked at me carefully. “Violet, it’s been seven weeks. A lot of things can happen in that amount of time.”

“I know,” I replied vaguely, “I just hope that…the people haven’t changed. That I will still be seen as the same Violet I was before.”

I could almost hear the light bulb click in her head.

“Listen,” she said slowly. The tone of her voice enticed me as I looked at her. Her expression was full of truth and ease. “Gabriel will see you for you. He will love you for you. You are his mother, and nothing can break that. It’s in his blood. He’ll see you.”

I smiled in gratitude and hugged her. “Thank you.”

Though her words gave me optimism, I still couldn’t help but feel uncertainty.

The ride there was so intense I felt like I could explode. Carlisle didn’t seem to notice my uneasiness as he hummed an unfamiliar song while entering La Push territory.

I bit my lip as we neared.

This reunion could make or break me. If Gabriel didn’t recognise me, I’d die. Literally.

I almost didn’t want to come back for fear of rejection, but I also longed to see my son and my friends and my family.

Out of pure fear I calculated the chances of getting hit by lightening, not that that would have killed me, or the chances of getting a flat tyre, not that that would have stopped me.

Nothing could ruin this moment in time.

This was perhaps the most important moment in my whole life, both mortal and immortal.

“We’re here,” Carlisle said breaking my thoughts.

I could feel my heart beating rapidly.

“Calm down Violet. It will be fine,” Carlisle said finally sensing my panicky state.

I forced a smile across my face.

As we drove up the dirt road, everything looked almost dream-like. I hadn’t been here in a long time.

My eyes rested on the giant cream house; its windows and turrets looking so welcoming. In front of the house stood there stood everyone; and I mean everyone.

The wolf gang all stood in a line, almost defending as Leah and Seth stood among them.

My lungs tightened as I gazed at my family.

The car stopped, Carlisle turning it off.

“This looks like a nice welcoming,” he said warmly, unaware of my frozen condition.

I almost didn’t want to get out of the car as I stared at all their expressions.

They were all the same, all indefinite.

I forced my hand to unbuckle my seat belt. Out of pure hysteria I laughed at the routine of putting on a seat belt, even though my skin was untouchable.

I shook off the hysteria as Carlisle got out to open my door. I could feel new-found dread as I stepped out of the car.

tbc...

Views: 19

Replies to This Discussion

omg this is so intense

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service