The Twilight Saga

This story is about Bella and Edward. Bella is a quiet first chair flute player in the band at Forks High School, she's very pretty, but she's so quiet, that her sister Alice and her friend Jasper are her only true friends. While Edward is the first chair cello player in orchestra class. They are paired to play a duet in the upcoming concert. So here's the first chapter! By the way all of the characters area Stephanie's, not mine!

Chapter One- Just the Flutist

BPOV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell just rang for band to start, I'm Bella Swan, I'm seventeen, and the first chair flutist, it's nothing that special. I'm probably the least known person here at Forks High School in Forks, Washington. I know I shouldn't think that, but it's pretty true. Now, my sister Alice, is a complete different story, I love Alice, don't get me wrong, I think she's such a fun person! She's also a great violin player, she's first chair in orchestra class. She's my faturnal twin, people never even know we're related unless we say we are. She's a lot prettier than me, that's why she's dating Edward Cullen. I would never tell Alice this, but I've liked Edward Cullen since we first moved here three years ago. I think Jasper is in love with Alice, and give almost anything to go out with her. So Jasper and I just watch in sadness when Edward and Alice hold hands.

The most Edward has ever said to me was a "Hello Bella." when he comes to pick up Alice for their dates. It sickens me, to watch them walk out the door. I always feel sad. Jasper and I met in Chemistry and we've been friends ever since, that's when he fell head over heals for Alice. I'm always just the flutist. I sort of know Rosalie Hale, Jasper's older sister. I don't know her well enough to call her a friend, but she actually says hi to me in the hallways. I don't really know her boyfriend and Edward's older brother Emmett, he always comes across this really scary, buff guy... I guess you could say I'm not the most popular person ever.

"Good afternoon band friends. Today, before we start, I have a very exciting announcement to make; as you all know we have a concert in a few weeks, so as a special treat, I talked with Mr. Carlson, the orchestra director, and we might have a flute and cello duet." Everyone, including my myself gasped, then everyone looked at me. We all know that you DON'T EVER collide band geeks and orch dorks! It's like when a trumpetier and a bassest go out, it just ISN'T DONE.

And once he said flute and cello duet, I knew who he was talking about, everyone knew who he was talking about. Edward Cullen, and me. Awesome, this is just fantasic! I've hardly ever said a WORD to Edward Cullen in my life! Much less played a duet with him! But Mr. Buddy just kept on talking.

"Now I know this is different, but I think this duet will really wrap up the concert nicely. Now, we have already selected the two students we would like to have be in the duet, our own Bella Swan, and Edward Cullen from the orchestra class. They will be playing 'Clair De Lune' by Claude Debussy. It's a great classical piece, and I think they can pull it off. Okay, now let's get practicing!"

So we praticed our pieces for the concert, but I kept thinking about how much time I'll need to spend with Edward Cullen, great, I'm so not excited.

Band ended and I as I walked out of the class with my flute in my case that's in my hand, Alice comes up behind me and starts jumping up and down and yelling into my ear, "YES! THIS IS SO AWESOME!"

"Why is this awesome Alice?" I said very monotone.

"Well, of course this means Edward will be over more, so I'll see him more," She was interrupted,

"I'm sure you're excited about seeing me." Edward was here, yay. They were kissing so I just walked away, and met up with Jasper in the hall.

"Yuch! I'm disgusted!" I ranted to Jazz.

"Yeah, I know how you feel, but just keep on walking and act like you don't see them holding hands and gazing at each other. So I heard you're playing a duet with Edward."

"Yuch, yes, now Edward will be over so that means Alice will be screaming and happy sitting with us, never giving us time to practice, but the good news is I get to play Clair De Lune, so that makes it alittle better I guess."

"Didn't you memorize Clair De Lune already though?"

"Yeah, but still, I bet Edward plays beautifully."

"Yeah, that's nice, but right now, they're going to walk over here, so stop talking about them."

We waited a couple of seconds and heard Alice's squeal.

"Hi Alice. Hi Edward." I said and turned around.

"Bella, would you join me at my after school at my house at maybe 3:30?" Edward asked innocently.

"WHAT?!" Alice had an outburst.

"I thought you were coming over to our house!" Alice objected.

"Alice, love, don't worry, I'll come over to your house tomorrow, promise, I just want to get going on the duet."

"Well, okay, as long as you mean it." Alice was turning on her super prettiness, and I could see Jasper's knees shaking.

"Of course I do. Now, come on guys, we have to get to lunch." Edward said.

That was weird, Jasper, Alice, and I always sit alone, Edward always sits with all of the populars, like Mike Newton, Jessica Stanly, Angela, Ben Chenney, Eric, Tyler, and other populars. Alice only sits with us out of sympathy.

"Hey guys, do you mind if Bella and Jasper sit with us today?" Edward asked everyone.

I heard murmurs of yeses, sures, and they're weird.

"Cool, guys, have a seat." Jasper and I sat awkwardly next to his sister Rosalie and Emmett was on my right, I barely had enough room to breathe.

"So Bella, right?" Emmett asked me.

"Ye-yes." I studdered.

"Oh Bella, don't be afraid of him, he's just a big teddy bear." Rosalie reassured me.

"Oh, okay." I mumbubled softly.

Lunch went on like that, Emmett asking random questions, I would studder, and Rosalie would save me.

Jasper looked about as uncomfortable as me. We sat kind of stiff like boards, and kept glancing at the clock to see when lunch would end.

Finally we were released and Jasper and I made a speedy getaway. We hurried off to Chemistry, sadly the same class Edward and Alice have.

Banner Made by Manda!

Banner by Me! :)

Views: 1614

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Black Rose! I will!

--Kallie!

i wish i wasnt cheesing like crazy lol love it!

Thank you Kristahra! Cheesing? Lol!

--Kallie!

pg.20 yea

Okay, Takyra, thank you for reading!

--Kallie!

ur welcome but plzzzzzzzzzz finish this b cuz i request ur story 2 my friend so she can read it...........

I'll post the next chapter soon! And thank you for wanting to show this to your friend! I hope she likes it! :)

--Kallie!

I love this!Q11!!!!!!!!

Keep going!!!!!

Chapter Ten- The Great Never-Late Letter Exchange

BPOV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Sweet Bella,

Good morning love,

I love you.

Signed,

Yours forever, Edward Anthony Mason Cullen

I saw a note taped to my bedroom window, and it read through the letter. Short, sweet and to the point. Good morning to you too sweets.

In my awful handwriting I scribbled on the back of the letter,

Dear Musical Edward,

Ditto.

Signed,

The Flutist, Bella Swan

I yelled to Alice, “Get up! We have to get to school!” knowing she could hear me through the walls.

“I’m up, I’m up!” I heard Alice fling herself into the bathroom and yell,

“Bella, where’s my lip gloss?!”

“On the shelf next to the Vaseline, where it always is!”

“Thank you!”

“You’re welcome!”

About five minutes later we were downstairs grabbing breakfast bars and bounding out of the door into Alice’s car.

“Just because we have money, doesn’t entitle us to show it off to the world Alice.”

“Yes it is! That’s exactly why people get money! So they can show off to other people that they have money. It’s not rocket science Bella,” she said igniting the engine and speeding on down the concrete pavement.

We only made small talk on the ride to school; we mostly let the sounds of the radio drone out any unnecessary talk.

As Alice swooped into the nearest available parking spot to the front of the school, I saw Edward and Jasper standing near the front door, waiting (I assumed) for us. I heard Alice’s squeal of excitement as she flung her bag over her shoulder and took off toward Jazz. She ran straight into his arms and I smiled a small smile. Finally, I thought to myself, she saw the truth, thank goodness.

I slowly got up and out of the car, locking it with my extra key and slamming the door shut. I took normal paced steps toward Edward, as not to freak him out.

I finally reached him and he took my hand, intertwining our fingers together, smiling down at me.

“Hello Bella, long time no see.”

I just nodded and handed him the note, walking off into the school without a word. I pulled the door open and heard his laughter as he read the note’s reply. I smiled slightly, just a crack, and I walked into my first hour, History, Edward was in this class, well, I guess we’ll see how this works out…

I sat down and started pulling out my books when I saw a silhouette in front of me.

“Hey Bella, do you want to go on Friday?” Mike Newton. Great…

“Uh, hi Mike,” I started to say.

“Sorry Mike, I’m taking Bella out on Friday, and most nights actually, so I guess you don’t have to bother to ask again.” I rolled my eyes as Edward took his seat next to mine.

“What? I was simply stating the facts, and I loved to the note, dearest.”

“I’m so glad,” I said dryly, “And I’m perfectly capable of defending myself Edward and I can say no to someone, especially Michael Newton of all people. You didn’t have to be rude about it.”

“He wouldn’t have stopped asking if I wasn’t blunt about it.” He objected strongly.

“Blunt! Edward, that wasn’t blunt, that was straight up telling the guy to bug off and go back to the magical land of Newtons.” He chuckled at my witty remark.

“You know it’s true Edward,”

“But you would have been to kind about it, see, you needed the boyfriend to reinforce the idea.”

“Sure Edward,”

“Yes, you know I’m right.”

“I’m not saying you’re not right, I’m saying you could have been a tad kinder about it though.” He sighed, reached over, and intertwined our fingers again, rubbing circles on the back of my hand. He whispered,

“I love you,” just before the teacher walked in to start the lesson. I ended up taking notes with only one hand, because Edward refused to let go of my other.

Finally the bell rang and I started to pack up my things and shove them into my backpack. Edward waited kindly for me as I, in an unorganized fashion, continued to put stuff inside my pack.

I finished and I saw Edward holding another letter in his hand, holding it out for me to take.

“Another letter?”

“Yes Bella, another letter.”

I shook my head and opened the crisply folded piece of off-white paper.

Dear Bella,

I’m sorry about my bluntness at Mike today; I guess I was a little…jealous. On the topic of dating, is there any place you wish for me to take you tonight before you leave for Arizona? Anywhere at all, I don’t care.

Love Always,

Edward Anthony Mason Cullen

“I don’t care where Edward, just as long we’re together, it doesn’t matter to me.” I said shrugging.

“How about a movie; we could go to my house and watch something. Rosalie and Emmett will be out, and Carlisle and Esme will be gone as well. Does that sound okay?”

“Just a movie, and I can’t stay later than ten; did you have one in mind?” I asked skeptic.

Indiana Jones maybe, or The Blob, if you want to see those,” he shrugged.

The Blob sounds interesting, how about that one?”

“I told you I don’t care Bella what, just that you’re happy, and that we need to get to class.” He said taking my hand and pulling me into the crowded hallway.

He stopped at the door to my next class and lightly kissed my forehead and walked off to his class two rooms down. I stumbled into class and ran into Angela Weber.

“Oh, sorry Angela, I didn’t see you, I was a bit disoriented, sorry.” I said with my head down.

She laughed softly and said, “Don’t worry Bella, its okay; I would be too if Edward Cullen kissed me.” I smiled and sat down, really breathing for the first time in a while.

I finally made it to lunch and saw a seat empty next to Edward. He looked up from a conversation with Alice and waved me over.

“Hey Bells, want to go and get some lunch?”Alice said pointing to the line.

“Sure,” I shrugged and started to walk over with Alice.

“So, you two seem to become serious, isn’t he an awesome kisser?” Alice whispered to me as I grabbed an apple from the line.

“That’s all you got from dating him for two years? Was how good his kissing is?”

“No, but you know he is!”

“I’m not denying that, because it’s true, but I don’t think it should affect your feelings toward someone.”

“It didn’t, but it was a nice touch. No pun intended.”

I rolled my eyes and continued down the food line. I reached the cash register and quietly paid for my food.

I walked back to the table to find Edward and Angela in deep conversation. He looked up as he heard me coming, I got a fuzzy in my heart as I walked over with my plastic blue tray in my pale hands.

“Hey, Bella, Alice,” Edward said nicely.

“Yo Bella and Alice; what’s up girls?” Emmett said loudly from across the table before Rosalie could elbow to silence him.

“Hi…” I whispered looking down and sitting down two seats away from Edward, afraid of being static cling.

I guess I wasn’t.

He moved to the seat next to me and flung his arm around my chair and sat in a relaxed pose.

ELAPSED TIME

AT HOME

“Bella, stop complaining! I’m almost down, just give me a second while I finish your hair…” I felt her hands bend my hair in many ways as I stared at the wall since I wasn’t allowed to look at the mirror behind me.

“Okay…done!”Alice said spinning me around in the salon chair.

“It took two hours to put my hair in curls and wrap a necklace around my neck?”

“No! It took two hours to get you to reach your full potential. Now Bella darling, we can finally leave for our dates,” Alice exclaimed linking our arms together and pulling us down the stairs.

“Where is Jasper taking you Alice?”

“To the movies in Port Angelis; I’m so excited!” She squealed just before a knock on the door sounded.

“Alice; are you in there?” Jasper asked through the mahogany door.

“Yeah; coming Jazz,” She dashed to the door and flung it open, as Jasper embraced her.

I slipped out the back door and hopped into my truck. I noticed white snowflakes gently falling down, swirling and floating around. I ignited the truck and stepped on the pedal, speeding down the driveway to Edward’s.

My truck pulled into his drive and I slowed it to a stop. The snow was falling fast now, thinly coating the driveway with white flakes. I carefully stepped out of the truck, as not to trip and completely embarrass myself. When I had successfully made it to the door I saw a note tapped on the glass. In cursive it read,

Dear Bella,

Yes, another letter, I hope you don’t mind. I’m inside the house, but there’s a surprise, if you wish to find me, walk up the stairs and close your eyes.

Love Always,

Edward Anthony Mason Cullen

I rolled my eyes and unlatched the door to swing it open. It flung open just when the wind picked up, so the force took me off guard, temporarily making me lose my balance. Once my feet were firmly planted on the ground I stepped inside and slipped off my shoes, aware of the Cullen’s strict no-shoes in house rule. Silently, I walked up the regal and modern staircase up to the kitchen, a peculiar but delightful smell wafting from the room. I immediately snapped shut my eyes tight.

“Hello Bella,” I heard his voice at my ear and his hands on my shoulders leading me to a table of some kind.

“Okay, you can open your eyes now.”

I slowly opened my eyes to see a glass table with a triple cylinder wax candle, burning the only bright light in the room. It created an elegant glow against the blood red rose and rose petals on the table. He lightly grabbed my hand and led me to the table. I sat down, as he brought out an array of foods on a platter.

“Edward, this is too much,”

“Well, I guess you don’t know me; I never go halfway.” I saw a glint of humor in his emerald eyes and he sat down across from me.

“I think we have a lot to learn about each other than.” I said smiling as I looked out of the glass window out onto the snow piling heavily on the ground. We continued to talk once again, never running out of things to say to one another. I started to really notice his features like I hadn’t before. The bronze hair that was messy but in the good way, his piercing emerald eyes that danced as the light touched them softly, and his strong hands that cradled mine.

As soon as we finished dinner, he took my hand, and I thought he would lead me to the room with the giant TV, but instead he took me to the balcony that overlooked the entire magnificent forest that was sprinkled with winter flakes.

“It’s…its beautiful Edward, and you get to see this every winter?” I asked, suddenly filled with awe.

“Every winter it snows,” I smiled up at him, just as he was looking down. Slowly, cautiously, he grabbed my hand and leaned his head toward mine.

I reached up just as slow, and our lips met, and I felt a spark, a sudden jolt of energy. He kissed me a bit longer, holding me there, close to his warm person.

I heard a whistle from the doorway and saw Emmett standing there, watching us.

“Get out,” I heard Edward say as he walked up to Emmett.

“Why? I live here.”

“I’m on a date.”

“So am I.”

“Guys, stop it. Edward, I have to go anyways, thank you for the wonderful evening.” I reached up and kissed his cheek.

“Bye,” I said as I turned around and walked to the door.

He caught up with me and said, “I’m sorry about Emmett, I’ll see you on Monday, okay?”

“Yep, Monday,” with that, I slipped my hand out of his and walked out of the door, shoes and all.

An awefully cute date!!!!!

it had to be Emmett who ruined the moment!!!!

Thank you Gigi! It had to be him.

--Kallie!

Reallygood! i loved it increadble as always keeping me wanting more haha great.

More soon please.

XxgansitoxX

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service