The Twilight Saga

Melissa had a major crush on Mr. Popular, who didn't even know she existed but that changes when he crashes into her literally.

Tags: crushed, hearts, melissa

Views: 2067

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Awesome! Loved this chapter! :)

Thanks Amanda!

New reader! I love it! It sounds so cute :)

Welcome to the story!!

haha lol love it!! post more soon!!

Thanks!

Chapter 3

The next morning seven o'clock came and went. I stood out in my drive way like a huge idiot. This was so embarrassing. How could I think someone like Brandon would ever even bother with me? I was feeling sorry for myself when I saw Brandon's truck speed down my street. His tires squealed as he pulled into my drive way narrowly missing my mailbox.

"Get in!" He yelled out the window and I ran to his truck. What ever happen to being a gentleman?

"Sorry, I'm late, but my sister here has no concept of time." He told me pulling out of my drive way.

"Maybe I'd be faster if you weren't hogging the bathroom for twenty minutes. It's scary that you can spend that long staring at yourself." She yelled back at him.

"Looks like mine don't come easily." He flashed me a grin and I rolled my eyes.

"That was….a stop sign." I muttered as he blew a stop sign on the way to school. He was driving like he was the get away car in a bank robbery. I occasionally looked back surprised not to see any cops behind us.

"If I'm late for Mr. Miller's class I'm going to kill you!" His sister threatened.

"You're not going to be late." He muttered pulling into the school parking lot. He almost hit two students before he parked in his spot. I looked at my cell phone and saw that we had two minutes to get to class.

"I think I'll find another way home today." I stated as we got out of his truck. His sister started running towards the school, but my statement caught Brandon's attention.

"Why?" He looked at me confused.

"What was I the only one in the truck? You almost killed us five… no six times!" I told him as I walked away from his truck.

"Stop being such a drama queen." He winked at me. I just glared at him and kept walking.

"What speechless?" He joked as we walked into the school. People rushed around us in an effort to get to their classes before the late bell rang.

"Jerk," I muttered and he didn't seem to care.

"See you around." He said and walked into his class. I smiled shaking my head; it was hard to be upset at Brandon. God, I'm so pathetic.

"Is it true?" Holly came up to me in between classes.

"Is what true?" I asked confused. I noticed a few people staring at me as I walked out of my first class. What was their problem? Did I have something on my face?

"Are you dating Brandon Richie?" She squealed and even more people turned to look at us.

"No, it's not true. Will you keep it down! Where did you hear that?" I asked completely surprised by her question.

"It's all around school. Since he broke up with Kelly everyone thinks you're the rebound girl." She told me. Brandon gives me a few rides and suddenly the school thinks we are dating.

"No, I'm not the rebound girl." I yelled loud enough for everyone in the hallway to hear. That got people to stop staring.

"I just thought … it's your chance, you've liked him since middle school." She whispered so no one around us could hear.

"Just because he's giving me a ride to school doesn't mean he suddenly wants to date me." I said and rolled my eyes at Holly. She was a dreamer that's why I loved her so much.

"Why not?" She shrugged.

"Because I don't live in a fairytale." I explained. My prince wasn't going to ride down the hallway on his steed and save me from my boring and pointless life. I wish!

"He has to be blind not to like you." She added refusing to give up.

"Can we please drop this?" I sighed. I hate agreeing with Holly besides she always ends up winning.

"What's so funny?" I questioned when out of nowhere she started to laugh.

"I was just thinking back to freshmen year when you were trying to get Brandon's attention and instead you ran into a locker." She said between laughs and I frowned at her. Suddenly the picture of me running into the locker came to my mind too and I cringed.

"That wasn't funny! It really hurt." I told her rubbing my head as though I had just hit the locker again.

"Are you dating Brandon Richie?" The question had come up a million and one times since Holly had asked me the same question earlier that day.

"No!" I told the girl and turned away from her. I no longer cared if I seemed rude.

"I swear if one more person asks if I'm dating Brandon I'm going to change my name and move to another country." I said to Holly setting my lunch down on the table. Then I sat down in my usually spot.

"Are you dating Brandon Richie?" A girl with bouncy dark hair came up to the table.

"No!" I shouted and the girl gave me a mean glare. People at this school are so stupid. I don't see why people that I've never meet before think they can come up to me and ask me who I am dating.

"You should pack your bags now." Holly laughed and I groaned. I started eating my lunch, I was just happy for a moment of silence.

"I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I really wish Brandon would start dating so people can stop bugging me." I told her and she looked surprised.

"What if that girl was you?" She questioned raising an eyebrow.

"Never going to happen," I said with my mouth full of food.

"You give up too easily." She smiled and was staring at something behind me. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder and I knew it was someone who was going to ask if I was dating Brandon.

"No!" I answered without even turning around.

"Well, aren't you Miss Sunshine." I didn't even have to turn around to know that it was Brandon standing behind me.

"Hi, Brandon!" Holly greeted him in a cheery voice.

"What do you want?" I questioned and turned around to look at him.

"The guys and I are doing something before practice so I can't drive you home." He told me.

"That's fine I can get a ride home with Holly." I nodded and looked over at Holly who was still staring at Brandon.

"Okay, then…" He trailed as if he was waiting for me to say something. When he realized I wasn't going to say anything more he turned around and started to walk away. I guess he expected me to be upset at him.

"See you around." I said mimicking what he had said earlier that morning. After he heard me he spun back around and gave me a wink.

"He is so hot." Holly said to me when he was out of earshot and I just grinned.

"Thanks for the ride." I thanked Holly when we got to her car.

"No, problem since you volunteered me." She smirked and unlocked her car.

"My own best friend doesn't want to give me a ride home? I'm hurt." I joked and put my hand over my heart.

"Get in the car." She glared at me and I got into the passengers side.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked when I realized she was going the opposite direction of my house.

"To get pizza, I'm hungry." She answered.

"Don't I get a say in this?" I shrugged.

"Nope," She grinned shaking her head.

"You're paying?" I joked as she pulled into the pizzeria's parking lot.

"Of course," She laughed.

"Then I'm in," I agreed knowing fully well that Holly would eventually convince me anyway.

"Good, because you don't have a choice." She stated as we got out of her car. Suddenly I froze when I saw a familiar truck in the parking lot.

"Let's get Chinese. Pizza is over rated. Who likes melted cheese and tomato sauce anyway? Not me." I didn't feel like seeing Brandon and his jock friends. When we got closer to the entrance I could see them through the window.

"You're just saying that because you don't want Brandon to see you. Come on I promise I'll try not to embarrass you too much." She winked.

"Brandon who?" I questioned trying to fake her out in hopes that she wouldn't force me to go into a pizzeria full of jocks.

"We're going in." I held my breath as she swung open the door to the pizzeria.

omg holly... very nice!! post more soon!!!

Thanks!

Thanks  :)

Oh coool! Update soon! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Thanks Amanda!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service