The Twilight Saga

Melissa had a major crush on Mr. Popular, who didn't even know she existed but that changes when he crashes into her literally.

Tags: crushed, hearts, melissa

Views: 2067

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for reading Lizz!!

Chapter 7

"I think that's enough makeup. I'm starting to look like a raccoon." I stared at myself in the huge mirror. Holly was in front of me applying my makeup. She had come over to help me get ready for homecoming.

"It's not too much makeup. You look beautiful, besides I happen to think raccoons are cute." She laughed at me and I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Not funny," I mumbled rolling my eyes.

"When is the limo coming?" She was putting eyeliner on me and I was secretly scared to death that she would poke my eye. I had no idea when the limo would show up at my house because I haven't really spoken to Brandon since he invited me to ride along in the limo.

"Sometime around seven," Holly told me.

"I can't believe Brandon never asked you to Homecoming." She skimmed her enormous blush brush across my face.

"I can believe it." I sighed. I had a huge imagination to think Brandon would be interested in me, much less bring me to Homecoming.

"Maybe he's just shy or something." She shrugged and snapped her foundation compact shut.

"Yeah, right," I rolled my eyes in disbelief.

"Well, I'm sure you'll do some hooking up at Homecoming." She winked at me and set the makeup brush down.

"Bella!" She called me beautiful and her Italy roots came out as she spun me around in the chair.

"You work wonders," I grinned looking at my reflection in the mirror. I really did look great. All thanks to Holly and her magic.

"You're already gorgeous I just enhanced it a little." She told me.

"They should be here soon." I stated when I turned to look at the clock. It was a little pasted seven, but I didn't expect them to be on time anyway. I stood up from where Holly was doing my makeup and grabbed my purse from the dresser. Then I put on the high heel shoes Holly helped me pick out at the mall.

"Are you sure these shoes aren't too high? I don't want to break my neck and end up spending the night at the hospital. What a way to spend my Homecoming night." I shuddered at the thought as I slipped into the shoes.

"I hate hospital food." She made a face.

"Thanks for the encouragement." I muttered.

"You're not going to break your neck. The only reason you would break your neck is because the Homecoming Queen crown is so heavy." She winked at me and I froze. I had spent the last two hours having fun with Holly and not thinking about how embarrassing it is going to be when Kate's name gets called for Junior Class Homecoming Queen instead of mine. I felt my face heat up from embarrassment already.

"Do you really think I have a chance at being Homecoming Queen?" I questioned uneasily. I started to feel sick as we walked out into the living room and waited for the door bell to ring. I felt like I was waiting for my doom.

"Think? No, I know you're going to be Homecoming Queen." She smiled and it didn't make me feel any better. Then the door bell rang and Holly sprung up from her spot. She had a huge smile on her face.

"Hey, lovely ladies," Mark greeted us and gave Holly a kiss. I looked over his shoulder to see just the long white limo behind him. I suddenly felt even worst then before. I had hoped to see Brandon with Mark. I guess since he didn't "officially" ask me to Homecoming I can't expect him to come to my door and walk me to the limo.

"Ready to party?" Mark grinned and walked out of my house with an arm around both Holly and me. He opened the limo door for us. The inside of the limo was dark and cramped. I didn't see what the big deal about getting a limo was. I would have rather driven my own car; at least I wouldn't have suffocated from perfume. Oh, scratch that I didn't have a car right now thanks to Brandon.

"Melissa, I didn't realize you would be coming along." I heard voice state from the back of the dark limo. I didn't even have to look to know that the voice belonged to Kate. I turned my head to see a blood red dress that was so low cut and so short that I'm not sure if it could even be considered a dress, more like a very small piece of fabric. It wasn't the sight of Kate's barely there dress that really made me want to throw up, it was the arm around her waist and the arm happened to belong to Brandon.

"Kate, Brandon." I nodded hoping the horror didn't show on my face. I felt so ashamed of myself. How could I think Brandon actually was going to ask me to Homecoming? I had secretly hoped he just hadn't worked up the nerve to ask me, but instead he chose Kate over me. I really didn't want to be here. I weighed my options of jumping out of the limo or sit watching Kate kiss the back of Brandon's neck. Jumping looked really good right now.

No, I didn't jump from the limo as tempting as it sounded. I tried to put on a brave face, well at least a not so sick face. Once we stopped at the high school I scrambled to be the first one out of the limo. I had to step on a few feet, but I accomplished it and Holly followed right after me. I thought about running to the bathroom and calling my mom to pick me up. Did I sound like a coward or what? I did just get my heart crushed, which is very painful.

"You okay?" Holly asked me after we got out of the limo. I guess I didn't do so well at putting on a brave face.

"No," I admitted.

"Listen, Brandon is a jerk. You're better off without him. You'll look back at this in five years and laugh." She told me.

"Maybe, Twenty years." I muttered.

"Besides did you see Kate's dress? Someone needs to call the fashion police. You look a million times better than her. You already have Brandon regretting his decision." She told me and I watched everyone else start to get out of the limo.

"Really?" I questioned her.

"Didn't you notice Brandon staring at you the whole ride?" She asked and I shook my head. After I saw Kate kiss the back of his neck I tried not to look their way.

"Let's have fun. Forget about them." She put her arms around me.

"Thanks," I hugged her. Her pep talk made me start to feel a little better.

"That's what friends are for." She smiled and we pulled away. Then Mark came up from behind her and gave her a hug.

"What's up?" He asked looking at us. He gave Holly a kiss on the cheek.

"Nothing," She told him and pulled him towards the gym entrance. I followed knowing this was going to be a long night.

I was right about the long part. The dance only had an hour left and I was already counting the seconds. I was sitting in the corner of the room with the rest of the losers without a date. To my right was a guy that kept breathing into his inhaler and on my left was a guy that looked like he had just stepped out of the 70's.

"I… like... your dress." The guy to my right told me between inhaler breaths.

"Thanks," I smiled at him.

"Want to dance?" I decided to ask. Okay, talk about social suicide. So it's a good thing I don't have much of a social life. Besides I kind of felt bad for the guy. I noticed a few girls laughing at him when he asked them if they wanted to dance.

"Really?" He asked surprised.

"Yeah," I smiled and stood up. Once the slow dance was done I was proud of myself. The guy thanked me and had a huge smile on his face. It was a small price to pay for a few toes stepped on. Suddenly things changed after that dance. Guys started asking me to dance left and right; and not just loser guys.

"Can I cut in?" I heard Brandon ask my current dance partner. My partner just happened to be the captain of the swimming team.

"Sure, Brandon." He said and stepped aside. Once his hands went on my hips I felt uncomfortable again. Instead of making a scene I put my arms around his neck, but I kept my distance.

"Where have you been? I've been looking for you all night." He told me, but I didn't completely buy it.

"Where is Kate?" I asked ignoring his question.

"Melissa, I'm sorry." He gave me serious look.

"Sorry? For what?" I asked playing dumb. I was not going to give him the satisfaction of knowing he hurt me.

"I never planned on going to Homecoming with Kate. After practice she sunk her claws into me and I couldn't get away." He told me and I smiled at the thought of Kate having claws (and horns).

"I wanted to go with you." He told me and I was completely shocked. Suddenly he wrapped his arms around my waist and pushed me against his chest. His lips hovered over mind and I thought he was about to kiss me.

"Brandon, they're about to announce Junior Class King and Queen!" Kate squealed and pushed Brandon away from me before our lips meet. Kate shot me a glare and pushed Brandon farther away from me.

"Melissa, they're going to announce Junior Class King and Queen." Holly appeared with Mark next to me and her fingers were crossed.

"This year's Junior Class Homecoming King is Brandon Richie!" The class president announced on stage. People clapped as Brandon jumped up onto the stage. He had a huge smile on as the crown was placed on his head.

"Now to the Queen," The class president smiled and I noticed Brandon's eyes were on me.

"This year's Junior Class Homecoming Queen is Kate Wells!" The gym erupted in applause as Kate made her way next to Brandon.

"I'm sorry," Holly told me as the crown was placed on Kate's head.

"It's okay, what chance did I have anyway?" I shrugged. I just wasn't meant to be Homecoming Queen just like I wasn't meant to be Brandon's girlfriend. It still stung a little, but I'd live.

"We can leave if you want." She told me and I shook my head. I wasn't going to cower because I didn't win Homecoming Queen.

"Let's have fun." I winked at Holly and refused to let tears spill from my eyes. I was going to have fun tonight even if it killed me.

Lovely writing as ever.

I think the handled it very well - she stuck in there and even made the sad guy with the inhailer happy, may be he'd be telling everyone for weeks that they danced.

Good for her!

Best wishes

Chris

Thanks Chris!!

LOVE IT!!!

Slap Kate..

--KITKAT

Thanks KitKat!

Love it keep me posted!!!!!!

Thanks!

awww....poor melissa...

i hate kate! 

please update soon

Yeah Brandon didn't do right by her :(

Thanks Joyce!

:"( Im Crying. I love Melissa's courge!!!!!!!

P.s Brandons a JERK!

Thanks Sara! 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service