The Twilight Saga

What if, after Eclipse, Bella and Edward had an opportunity of a lifetime - what if Dumbledore and Carlisle were old friends, and Dumbledore comes asking for help?

What happens when Edward enters the Goblet of Fire...

Banner by Leesa

The Complete Story in PDF: Cullens go to Hogwarts_Jan 20, 2010.pdf

Banner by Tami - thanks so much for the recognition! :-)

Banner by ICEnSTAR

Banner by ale_nicolle_twilighter

Banner by BettingOnAlice

Banner by Tomtom55Liam

Banner by J.R.

** Cullens and other Twilight Characters belong to Stephenie Meyer **
** Wizards and other Harry Potter characters belong to JK Rowling **
** Storyline loosely follows 'The Goblet of Fire' by JK Rowling **

Story Adaptation by Erica Bailey

Other Fan Fiction by Erica:

Actors Hooked on Fan Fiction COMPLETE
Dawn of the Phoenix: Cedric goes to Forks IN PROGRESS
Eclipse EPOV IN PROGRESS

One Shots:

First Kiss EPOV COMPLETE
Edward Decides to Leave COMPLETE

The following chapters, after chapter 1, are hyperlinked. To get to the next chapter, simply click on the chapter title and it should redirect you to the next chapter. Happy reading!

Chapter 1 in main post
Chapter 2 Family Conference & 3 Delayed Plans - on page 1 (seco...
Chapter 4: The Plan
Chapter 5: Decisions
Chapter 6: Packing up to go
Chapter 7: United Kingdom, Here we Come!
Chapter 8: The Port Key
Chapter 9: Welcome to the Wizard World
Chapter 10: Quidditch World Cup
Chapter 11: The Dark Side of the Wizarding World
Chapter 12: Castle Venlaw
Chapter 13: Back to School Preparations
Chapter 14: Hogwarts
Chapter 15: Start of School Banquet
Chapter 16: First Day of School
Chapter 17: Dumbledore's Office
Chapter 18: Spiders, Rats and Vans
Chapter 19: Flying High... Flying Low
Chapter 20: Short Glimpses at the First Few Weeks
Chapter 21: A New Tune...
Chapter 22: Beauxbatons and Durmstrang
Chapter 23: The Goblet of Fire - Part 1
Chapter 23: The Goblet of Fire - Part 2
Chapter 24: The Fourth Champion
Chapter 25: Celebrations and Nightcaps
Chapter 26: Dragons
Chapter 27: Five Reasons for a Very Difficult Week
Chapter 28 A: Shield Practise
Chapter 28 B: Complications and Mysteries
Chapter 29: Testing, Testing
Chapter 30: Revelation
Chapter 31: Final Preparations
Chapter 32: The First Task - Part 1
Chapter 33: The First Task Part 2
Chapter 34: Making Plans
Chapter 35: The Sleep-over -er- Hanging Out for the Night
Chapter 36: The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men... and Vampires
Chapter 37: Every Rose has its Thorn
Chapter 38: Scones and Lemon Drops
Chapter 39: Christmas Day
Chapter 40: Christmas Evening - The Yule Ball Part 1
Chapter 40: Christmas Evening - The Yule Ball Part 2
Chapter 41: Aftermath
Chapter 42: Difficult Conversations
Chapter 43: They Say Time Heals Everything...
Chapter 44: That Witch of a Reporter
Chapter 45: Gillyweed
Chapter 46: The Second Task
Chapter 47: The Volturi Guard
Chapter 48: Coming Home
Chapter 49: Kissing Still Allowed
Chapter 50: That Man is Seriously a Dog?
Chapter 51: A Friend of Strays and Hippogriffs
Chapter 52: Bigger Issues than Rita Skeeter
Chapter 53: Secrets
Chapter 54: Mr. Crouch
Chapter 55: Just When Things Couldn't Get Worse
Chapter 56: Cockroach Cluster
Chapter 57: Memories
Chapter 58: Friends
Chapter 59: The Third Task
Chapter 60: The Graveyard - Part 1
Chapter 60: The Graveyard - Part 2
Chapter 60: The Graveyard - Part 3
Chapter 61: Revelation
Chapter 62: Parting Ways - Part 1
Chapter 62: Parting Ways - Part 2
The End

Outtake: Breaking a Few of the Rules

Erica's Fan Fiction Links

Sequel - Dawn of the Phoenix: Cedric goes to Forks

Chapter 1: The Visitor

“Someone is coming to visit” Alice said, her eyes slightly unfocused. She was having one of her visions.

“Anyone we know?” Esme asked, nervously. It seemed that, in recent history anyway, those words were ominous… usually the beginning of trouble.

“No, nobody I recognize… Edward?”

I listened, trying to catch the thoughts of the approaching stranger… He knew Carlisle, or at least new of Carlisle. “Do you know someone called “Hagrid?” I asked Carlisle?

“Hagrid?” He replied… Hagrid… there is only one Hagrid I have ever heard of, and I wasn’t even sure if he was real… Could it be?

I puzzled over his thoughts. It was clear this was not someone Carlisle had met, but what did he mean that he wasn’t even sure he existed.

“Oh my… Oh my…” Alice’s face went blank again. I watched as she saw the stranger approaching… now noticing something was different, but it took me a few moments to figure out what. He was walking alone, but he seemed out of place, or wrong. Then I saw what it was – he was too big… Or the trees were too small. The landscape looked familiar – I could see the recognizable driveway up to our house, the familiar foliage lining the way… but this guy was huge in comparison.

“This Hagrid you knew of – was he… excessively large?” Alice asked.

Oh my, he is real… Carlisle’s thoughts alarmed me. “Esme prepare the house. I don’t know what to expect, but this is unusual. It is best to be prepared.”

Esme quickly flipped the switch that pulled metal shutters over the solid glass back of the house. Carlisle called us all down to the front room to prepare.

“We have a visitor – someone who, until now, I wasn’t even sure existed. His name is Hagrid – he his half giant, half human, or at least that is what the lore says. From what I had heard, he is friendly and is usually good hearted, but I don’t know anything for certain. As I said, until just now, I didn’t even know he existed for certain.”

The tension was high as we waited in silence, not sure what the night would bring. I was thankful that Bella was safely at home in her bed, though a part of me desperately wanted to have her by my side, just to know that she was safe with me. My logical side knew better. If things went terribly wrong tonight, it would be better that she was at home.

Thump, Thump, Thump… the knocking at the front door sounded like someone was trying to break it down with a club. Jasper, Emmet and I got in defensive positions around the door, prepared to jump in if needed. Alice’s face went blank as she focused on the immediate future. Esme and Roslie stood to one side, ready to attack if it came to that.

“It will be okay.” Alice finally said. We breathed a collective sigh of relief, “He has a message for Carlisle… and Edward. It affects us all.” Suddenly she was grinning. I searched her vision to see why.. Oh, this could be interesting.

“Well, I guess I should welcome our visitor,” Carlisle stated, not sure what Alice had seen but taking her word that there was no danger. “Good evening” he said to the stranger as he opened the door, “Welcome to my home. My name is Carlisle. Would you like to come in?”

“I’d be muc’ obliged.” A rough, booming voice replied back, as in walked the largest human we had ever seen. He had to stoop almost to his knees to clear the standard door frame and I wondered if, due to his width, he would fit at all. He was almost twice as tall as an average man and nearly five times as wide…

“Rubeus Hagrid’s th’ name. Everybody calls me Hagrid.”

“We’re very pleased to meet you” Carlisle offered his hand when Hagrid finally squeezed himself into our entry way. It was fortunate that our house was designed to be very open with high ceilings. As it was Hagrid had to sit on the floor to be able to carry on any type of conversation.

Carlisle then gestured back toward us… During the process of Hagrid’s entrance and settling in, we had all backed up considerably. Carlisle frowned slightly at what could be construed as our rudeness, as he introduced us, “Hagrid, this is my family: Esme, my wife, and our children, Edward, Rosalie and Emmet, Jasper and Alice. Everyone, come and meet Hagrid. He is an assistant to Dumbledore, a gentleman I was fortunate to have met some time ago.”

We all filed forward and greeted Hagrid in the order we were introduced.

“Well, then, the introductions are take’ care of… Down to business. Now where was me note…” he padded around his leather clothing, checking pockets and creases until he found was he was apparently looking for, “Ah, yes, here it is… An urgent letter from Albus Dumbledore.” He said as he presented an envelope to Carlisle.

The envelope looked as though it had come from another time, one closer to when Carlisle was changed then the rest of us. The paper appeared to be parchment, the address written in calligraphy and having the appearance of being written with a fountain pen. It was bulky and as Hagrid handed it to Carlisle, I noticed it was sealed with wax.

“Thank you.” Carlisle responded as he took the letter.

“You sees, Dumbledore needs you to come to Hogwarts righ’ away. There’s an issue a brewing with Harry Potter – nots that there ain’t always something with Harry. That boy is cursed with bad luck.” I smiled as I recalled someone else with that particular ailment.

Carlisle smiled as this Hagrid recounted what was supposed to be in a private letter.

“I guess I shouldn’t ‘ve said that – well, it’s all in the letter…”

Carlisle opened the letter then, scanning it over at once, then reading to the rest of us.

My old friend Carlisle,

Very dark times are upon us, or I would not have risked sending you this letter. A very dark Wizard, Lord Voldemort, is gathering strength. He is using all his power to reappear as he once was and take control in the Wizarding world. This would have far reaching implications in the muggle world, as I am sure you can understand, affecting all creatures, magical and otherwise.

We have a young boy who is the key to our freedom, Harry Potter. His life is at great risk and I need assistance in protecting him. I have received a prophesy that Harry will be entered into the Tri-Wizard Tournament, though he is under aged and unprepared for such a battle. I fear this is the work of this wizard in an attempt on young Potter’s life.

There are few people I trust with such a task, and those I do trust, are already known to Lord Voldemort. I need someone who would be unknown to come to Hogwarts to help protect young Harry. I hope you will accept my invitation to teach at Hogwarts over the coming year. We have an opening in Herbology that I think you could fill given your extensive knowledge. I assume your family would also accompany you. We may have need for the services of your son, Edward.

There is much to discuss, and time is short. I ask you to consider this request with haste.

Your old friend,

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.’

There was a moment of silence then as we took in all that was said, realizing that we were not much more clear about what was happening then before the letter was read. Questions flooded to me all at once, as not only my own but the entire family’s thoughts penetrated my head:

“What, there are Wizards? Why hadn’t I heard of this before?”
“What is with this Harry Potter? Why don’t they just un-enter him from the contest?”
“Can I be in charge of protection? Wizard or not, I’ll bring him down” That one was Emmet.
“When did Carlisle meet this Dumbledore, and why is he asking for our help”
“Does this mean we have to move again? I’m almost done high school.”
“I wonder if I could take him… He is huge, but still, I am stronger… I wonder how strong half-giants are?” Emmet again.

“Well, then, there it is – so shall I tell the headmaster you accep’ his offer?” Hagrid said, hopefully.

We all looked up at him in shock. Was he serious? We were just wrapping our minds around the existence of a half-giant and Wizards… And now he was asking if we were ready to go to Hogwarts, whatever that was, to defend against a dark Wizard?

“Ah, Hagrid… I think my family may have a few questions. Do you have leave to respond to them, or do I need to take them up with Dumbledore directly?” Carlisle started.

“I’ll try me bes’ to answer what I can. I’m only the groundskeeper.” Hagrid responded, looking slightly disappointed that Carlisle didn’t answer in the affirmative immediately.

“All right. Thank you. Hogwarts – I am assuming that is Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?”

“Yes, that is right.” He responded as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

“And Albus Dumbledore is now the headmaster of this institution?”

“Yes.” He began to eye Carlisle as though he questioned his intelligence.

Carlisle turned to us then… “I’m afraid I may need to fill in some of the gaps, here. Albus Dumbledore is a Wizard I came across once in my visits to England. Wizards are not immortal as we are, but do live much longer lives then normal humans, or muggles as they call them. I met him not long before I settled in Chicago, where I met you, Edward, he looked down at me. He was young then, almost thirty, but was already a very talented and well regarded Wizard.

“I did not know much about his world and, in fact, know very little to this day… However, he did tell me about the existence of Wizards and a school whether they developed their magical skills… This is the Hogwarts referred to in the letter.

“Over the years, I have heard word from and about Albus from time to time. That is how I heard about Hagrid. It was really just a story in passing about a half giant who was working with Albus at Hogwarts. I don’t know much more then that. I also recall hearing about some sort of uprising that occurred roughly 13 years ago… It was very dark and there was concern it would have an effect on the entire world, but it died down. I didn’t ever hear why, but I do remember hearing the phrase ‘he, who shall not be named’. I am quite sure, however, I have never heard of the boy you speak of, Harry Potter”

“You’ve never hear’ of Harry?” Hagrid looked incredulously at Carlisle and then the rest of us. Finally accepting that we, indeed, had never heard of this Harry Potter, he launched into an explanation, “Well, Harry Potter is the one who defeated Volde… er, he, who shall not be named in the first place. When he was bu’ a baby, Harry was attacked along with his mum and dad. His parents die’, but when he, who shall not be named, attacked Harry, he survived, and he, who shall not be named, was killed. Or at least that is what everyone though’. He is famous – the most famous Wizard of all time.” He looked back at us all then – as if he imagined we would now recall that we remembered this Harry Potter, but, of course, we didn’t.

“Carlisle,” Esme started, the first of all of us to have actually spoken since the stranger arrived, “Why haven’t you ever mentioned any of this before?”

“The Wizards protect their identity as strongly as we protect ours. They do not, hastily, bring others into their world. It was only because I was involved in an incident that I came in contact with Albus at all. And, it was only because of what I am, that I maintained that knowledge – otherwise the spell they use on muggles would have erased the memory from my mind.” Carlisle explained, “There was never any need to share the knowledge – it was no more then a passing event in my long life… In context, until now, it was insignificant…”

I finally found my voice, “Why does he know about me, then?” I searched through my vampire memories which were as clear as the day they happened, but found nothing. No reason to believe that I had ever met this Albus Dumbledore.

“As I said, I met Albus just before settling in Chicago. We corresponded sparingly after we first met. In one of my letters I told him about my first attempts to create companions – you, Edward, and then Esme. We haven’t corresponded since then, and so I am sure he is unaware of the rest of you.”

“Yes, that’s true. He said I was to find Carlisle, Edward and Esme Cullen. He never mentione’ four more o’ you’s.” Hagrid piped in. “Had a lot of fun findin’ you I did. Not easy to track down… And this land is bloody huge, if you don’t mind me sayin’.”

I saw then, in his mind, that he had to cross the ocean by boat and then travel the country on foot. I guessed he wouldn’t fit on any commercial airlines and I couldn’t imagine a vehicle that would fit him.

“Well, I best be off” He said, suddenly. “What should I tell Dumbledore?” he asked Carlisle.

“Tell him I will consider his offer. I would, very much, like to confer with my family and, I am wondering, if he would consider meeting with me before I finalize my decision.”

“He thought you might say that. Here are airline tickets for the three of you to come to England. Dumbledore would be happ’ to meet with you and discuss the details. I’m not too sure of them all me self. As I said, I’m only the groundskeeper.”

“Do you want anything to eat or do you need a place to rest?” Esme added then. We had some food stocked now that Bella was a regular visitor, but I couldn’t see where we would be able to offer him a place to rest.

“No, I need to be on my way. I res’ when I need to… I’ve a long journey.”

I could only imagine, as he now had to walk back across the country and then travel to England by boat, how long it would take him. I wondered if we would make it there before he did – if we came at all.

“Thank you, Hagrid. Give my best to Albus. I’ll be seeing him soon.” Carlisle shook his hand and Hagrid stooped and squeezed himself back out of the house and started off down the path.

We all stood in the living room watching him go… for once, the shock and amazement did not flood me with thoughts – everyone was truly speechless in voice and mind.

NOTE: Below is Draft #2 of the entire story in a PDF file that you should be able to download to your computer and open with Adobe reader or most other viewers... Also a cover thanks to the magical fingers of Leesa!

Tags: Bella Swan, Cullens go to Hogwarts, Edward Cullen, Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter

Views: 4631

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

lov it
Hey - thanks... I really hope you enjoy it. Nic pic BTW - haven't seen many Volturi avatars yet...
wow i still cant get over the fact that my fav books r bein brought together!!!! AWWWSUMMMM!!!!!!! i still love it
Thank you! BTW I love that you've trademarked and copyrighted your name... :-)
that is so amazing I love it!
Awesome - good to hear! I hope you continue to enjoy the story. Thank you for reading!
lol! i think Bella should just be changed in England. besides, she has amazing self control anyway.
Hey brainchick... I know! I sort of agree, but to be honest, I have no control over these characters... they just do what they want to do...

Thank you for reading!
You must be a real fan. You capturre Bella perfectly.
Thanks jdeaton! I'm def a fan of both Stephenie and JK... they are both amazing!
Thank you Morgin! I'm excited to see a new reader. I hope you enjoy it!
Wow. This is AWESOME!!!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service