The Twilight Saga

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn

Edward's Breaking Dawn 

Part 1

Okay, guys! Hi. I'm Faye Rose McMillan, and this is Daybreak, Edward's version of Breaking Dawn. Since I didn't want to completely re-write a 754 page book, I split Breaking Dawn into 2 parts- exactly where the movie splits it. Part 1 will cover the wedding, Isle Esme, the pregnancy, the birth scene, and will end when Bella opens her eyes. Part 2 will cover Bella's vampire life through Edward's eyes, and the final battle with the Volturi.

To give you a sneak peek, here's the preface! Enjoy!

Table of Contents

1. Engaged

2. Isle Esme

3. Wedding

4. Distractions

5. Hunting

6. Pregnant

7. Return

8. Jacob

9. The Wolf Pack

10. Understandings

11. Rosalie

12. O Negative

13. Stronger

14. Climate

15. Hearing the Baby

16. The Hunt

17. One More Day

18. It's Renesmee

19. Awakerning

So we grew together,

like a double cherry, seeming parted,

but yet an union in partition;

two lovely berries molded on one stem;

so with two seeming bodies, but one heart.   

Helena, A Midsummer Night’s Dream

Preface

SO IT WAS REALLY happening again, wasn't it? It seemed like since I'd made the best decision of my life, my world had turned upside down. She really was a danger magnet, even though this time the danger was greater for herself than for anyone of us.

But her pain was my pain.

As the sun stretched weakly above the open sky, it provided no solace for me as I waited for this. This. This had been the day on all of our minds, hadn't it? I straightened my shoulders, feeling right somehow, justified.

As it ended, I heard the satisfactory sigh escape my lips, and wondered if my incredible thread of life would ever be the same again, now that everything was different.

A change had come about, one that was not unexpected.

And the change would begin everything.

Views: 202

Replies to This Discussion

Engaged

"So, Alice, where did you want me to set this?" Emmett grumbled, though the load wasn't too heavy for him.

"Make them like rows, on the side of the aisle," Alice chimed, shooting a smile at him.

"What aisle?" Jasper said.

"Does no one have vision?" Alice snapped, walking over to assist Em and Jazz. I was only half paying attention to the exchange; the greater part of my mind was in consideration of what would come tomorrow. I would finally marry my soul mate, my wife, my partner, my lover…. Bella.

She was out grocery shopping, but I knew it would only be a matter of hours before I saw her again. I sighed and licked my lips, thinking only of her body, and the agonizingly seductive scent of her blood…

Carlisle sped past me with Esme, carrying a sheet of paper that looked like the guest list. He was thinking, Edward, Alice probably doesn't need you here. You look thirsty. Go hunt.

"I will," I said, so low I could barely hear myself, but I knew that Carlisle had heard me. I smiled, a half-smile that didn't begin to show my happiness, and remembered when we'd told Charlie…

As the sound of Charlie's cruiser announced his return, I noticed Bella looked a little green. She was staring at the ring on her finger as if it weighed a hundred pounds. I grasped her hand. "Stop fidgeting, Bella," I said. "Please try to remember that you're not confessing to a murder here." I didn't say that Charlie would be less angry if she had confessed to a murder.

"Easy for you to say," she fumed, looking beautiful, even angry.

I heard Charlie open his car door. I listened to his heavy footsteps as he made his way to the house. I also picked up on Bella's suddenly racing heart, protesting against her father's return.

"Calm down, Bella," I whispered. Then the door slammed against the wall, and she flinched as if she'd been Tasered. "Hey, Charlie," I called, relaxed.

"No!" Bella whispered.

"What?"

"Wait until he hangs his gun up!" Her eyes were full of fear that wasn't entirely necessary, but the certainty that our wedding announcement would cause Charlie to shoot me rang clear in her eyes. I couldn't help but chuckle. I did, however, run a hand through my hair. What would Charlie say if he saw bullets bounce right off me?

"Hey, kids," Charlie said as he rounded the corner, smiling. "What's up?"

"We'd like to talk to you," I said, keeping my voice calm, though I wanted to laugh. "We have some good news."

"Good news?" Charlie's face was suspicious. I read his mind: I swear to God, if he got her pregnant… Then he sat on the recliner, his back perfectly arched. After a moment of seemingly long silence, Bella said, "Don't get worked up, Dad. Everything's okay."

If everything's okay, why do you look terrified? "Sure it is, Bella, sure it is. If everything is so great, then why are you sweating bullets?" Charlie snapped. He actually looked angry. I couldn't help feeling a tiny bit nervous, not for me but for Bella.

"I'm not sweating." Bella was lying through her teeth, and her voice was shaking.

"You're pregnant!" Charlie exploded suddenly. The fury on his mind was so great I couldn't read the separate words. "You're pregnant, aren't you?" He glared at me, and I stared right back, expression blank. I saw his hand twitch toward his gun.

"No! Of course I'm not!" Bella glared at me before looking back to Charlie, and I sighed so low she didn't hear. I'd guessed that people might jump to this conclusion. I guessed it wasn't in the trend at the time to get married at eighteen.

Charlie's face dimmed. He seemed to believe Bella. "Oh, sorry."

There was a very long pause. I looked at Bella. Her face was chalky white, and I knew she was terrified. Charlie was looking at Bella, as well. He was expectant. Well? What's such great news?

Bella looked up at me. In her eyes was great fear and a little doubt that we'd make it through this. I smiled at her (though I rolled my eyes when she couldn't see) and turned to face Charlie. The words that spilled from my lips then were of utter truth, and there was no denying that. "Charlie, I realize that I've gone about this the wrong way. I should have asked you first. I mean no disrespect, but since Bella has already said yes and I don't want to diminish her choice in the matter, instead of asking you for her hand, I'm asking you for your blessing. We're getting married, Charlie. I love her more than anything in the world, more than my own life, and by some miracle, she loves me that way, too. Will you give us your blessing?"

Charlie's thoughts were rapid. Married? They're getting married? I can't- wait, yes I can. I knew I'd have to deal with this, some day. Better it be some day than today, but… if this is what Bella wants… He was staring straight at Bella's ring. "Give him a minute," I murmured to Bella quietly. The silence seemed to stretch on for eons, and then all of a sudden Charlie's face smoothed out. "Guess I'm not that surprised," he grumbled. "Knew I'd have to deal with something like this soon enough."

I felt Bella exhale.

"You sure about this?" he demanded, glaring at me.

"I'm one hundred percent sure about Edward." Bella's words made me feel that peculiar feeling, the one that played across my chest, the strange pang of… of happiness, of utter love.

"Getting married, though? What's the rush?" He eyed me suspiciously again.

The rush was that I was ready. I knew I'd made the right decision, too, as I stared into Bella's brown eyes. I wasn't ready to be without Bella, and marriage was a key factor in a committed relationship. Plus, I'd made a compromise with Bella that clearly entailed that once she was married to me, she'd be a vampire.

Even though that had been one of the hardest decisions of my long and probably never-ending life.

"We're going away to Dartmouth together in the fall, Charlie," I reminded him softly. "I'd like to do that, well, the right way. It's how I was raised." I shrugged, meeting his eyes confidently.

Charlie's mouth twisted to the side. I can't let them… No. This is Bella's and Edward's decision, not mine. I don't want to ruin it for her. But wait… If they get married, they're gonna have to tell Renee!

"Dad?" Bella said, her voice anxious.

Charlie suddenly burst out in loud guffaws of laughter. "Ha! Ha, ha, ha! Okay, fine, get married. But…"

"But what?" Bella demanded.

"But you have to tell your mom! I'm not saying one word to Renee! That's all yours!" His laughter grew.

I smiled at the memory. Bella had been terrified for days of the one thing Charlie knew she couldn't do- tell Renee. When she'd called, Renee's answer had shocked Bella and Charlie. She'd been excited. Ecstatic, even. I'd never been happier for Bella.

I stopped thinking about that and made myself focus on the hunt. I tensed at the smell of deer. Three of them waited by the creek. One was female, and the other two were male, a doe and two buck. I smiled, letting the scent of the blood take me.

There was nothing to do. Once the scent of blood was in my nostrils, it was impossible to break my streak. I hesitated for one brief second, and then lunged at the small female. The male two tried to jump on me, and I didn't think about them. My attention was consumed by the blood. I drained her dry.

One of the buck looked at the doe who was now dead on the ground. He completely ignored me, going to the doe. I would swear I saw tears in his eyes.

Incredible guilt shot through me, as it always used to when I would drink the blood of humans.

I'd killed. I'd killed the doe. It was the only way I could be what I was, the only way I could live.

But I'd killed.

And I wasn't sure I liked to kill very much.

I walked up to the tall house that was Bella's, that tomorrow she was going to leave behind to live with me. My wife. The elation of the fact was exhilarating.

I lay in Bella's bed, cocking my head to the side, listening to the exchange that was going on between Bella, Alice and Charlie. I closed my eyes, letting her delicious, warm human scent take me to the happy place I'd drifted in since wedding plans had been announced. I was completely ready for my honeymoon with Bella, as well.

I was ready.

The realization of it was not very surprising. I'd been ready since she had agreed to be my wife. I just hadn't realized it until now. It was quite a relief.

I heard Bella's walking upstairs. I almost stopped breathing, and then I remembered I didn't need to breathe, or hide from Bella- she probably already knew I was here.

So why was I scared?

Bella walked into her room. Our eyes met. She didn't even seem surprised to see me. I saw her lips lift in that gorgeous smile that I loved so much. "Hey," she said.

"Hey," I said.

"I've missed you," she said, jumping into the bed. She licked her lips at the sight of me, her heartbeat speeding a little, as it did whenever she saw me. I removed my shirt briefly; there was no need for clothes, in this situation.

She kissed me and I almost lost control, but I remembered my promise as she caressed me. "Honeymoon," I reminded her. "Don't use up too much good luck."

She laughed lightly, though I could sense her disappointment. She was tired of waiting. To be honest, so was I. But she wasn't breaking her promise any time soon.

And suddenly I remembered Jasper and Emmett's promise to take me on a bachelor party. Oh, no. Despair shattered me. I didn't want to leave Bella. But she was going to make me go anyway. I pursed my lips, considering.

"What is it?" she said, reading my emotions. Sometimes she was just as good as a mind reader.

"Jazz and Em want to take me to a vampire bachelor party," I told her, smiling, trying to make a joke of it. She winced, however, and her lips turned down in a frown.

"I miss you already," she said, shaking her head.

"I don't need to leave," I assured her. "I can stay…"

"Mmm." Bella moaned and pressed her body against mine, and for a long moment that was all it was- the quiet thudding of her heart, her warm scent penetrating the air, and silence. I stared at her as she opened her eyes, looking back at me, and for the millionth time I wondered what she was thinking.

She pulled my face close to hers again, and relaxed into me. I barely smelled her scent; I was trying to keep staring at her beautiful face. "Definitely staying," I murmured.

"No, no," Bella sighed. "It's your bachelor party. You have to go." She locked her fingers into my hair, however, and kept them there. I stroked her face.

"Bachelor parties are designed for those who are sad to see the passing of their single days," I reminded her, smiling. "I couldn't be more eager to have mind behind me. So there's really no point."

"True," she breathed against my throat.

Bella caressed the contours of my marble chest. Her warm touch sent a shiver through me, and she noticed, looking up at me. She let her tongue caress my lip, and I sighed, giving into her once again. I breathed onto her face.

I pulled away. This was going too far. But then Bella said, "Wait. Practice makes perfect." As she spoke, she wrapped her leg around my waist.

I chuckled. "Well, we should be fairly close to perfection by this point, then, shouldn't we? Have you slept at all in the last month?" And she probably hadn't. And I was the cause.

"But this is the dress rehearsal," she reminded me. "And we've only practiced certain scenes. It's no time for playing safe."

I tensed against her, hoping against hope that she would see sense and stop with this eagerness to make love with me. I closed my eyes briefly, thinking, and opened them. She was staring at me, eyebrows knit together, confused.

"Bella…" I whispered.

"Don't start this again," she snapped. "A deal's a deal."

"I don't know," I said softly. "It's too hard to concentrate when you're with me like this." And it was. All I could think about was kissing Bella… holding Bella… caressing Bella… I forced myself to concentrate. "I- I can't think straight. I won't be able to control myself. You'll get hurt," I reminded her.

"I'll be fine."

"Bella…" I was suddenly exasperated. For crying out loud, did Bella care if she died?

"Shh!" She pressed her lips to mine. I kissed back for a moment, but I wasn't as into it before. I couldn't stop worrying that if I did give her what she wanted, it wouldn't turn out right. Suddenly I couldn't get the visual image of her dead by my side out of my head. Her blood on my lips…

In an effort to change the subject, I asked her, "How are your feet?" I was sure she was worried at least a little.

"Toasty warm," she said, understanding.

"Really?" I was surprised. "No second thoughts? It's not too late to change your mind."

"Are you trying to ditch me?" She was joking, but I saw the worry in her eyes.

I chuckled. "Just making sure. I don't want you to do anything you're not sure about."

"I'm sure about you. The rest I can live through."

I hesitated before speaking. I wondered if she knew about the rest- about what she might see in the mirror a year from now… alabaster white skin and crimson red eyes.

"Can you?" I asked quietly. "I don't mean the wedding- which I am positive you'll survive despite your qualms- but afterward…" I didn't mention the part that had been on my mind- the vampire part. "What about Renee, what about Charlie?"

She sighed. "I'll miss them."

"Angela, and Ben, and Jessica and Mike." I reminded her, almost smiling.

"I'll miss my friends, too," she said, grinning suddenly. "Especially Mike. Oh, Mike! How will I go on?"

I growled.

She laughed, but then got serious. "Edward, we've been through this and through this. I know it'll be hard, but this is what I want. I want you, and I want you forever. One lifetime is simply not enough for me."

"Frozen forever at eighteen," I whispered, the memory stinging.

"Every woman's dream come true," Bella teased, smiling. I was glad she thought I was joking. She didn't know how serious I was.

"Never changing… never moving forward." I was thinking about the sudden image of Bella in Jacob's arms… Bella's body, round naturally… round with his child.

"What does that mean?"

I answered slowly. "Do you remember when we told Charlie we were getting married, and he thought you were… pregnant?"

"And he thought about shooting you," she guessed, with a laugh. Well, she was right. "Admit it- for one second, he honestly considered it."

I didn't say anything. The image of Bella cradling the child was almost too painful to bear.

"What, Edward?" she said, slowly, wanting an answer.

"I just wish… well, I wish that he'd been right."

"Gah," Bella gasped.

To reassure her, I said, "More that there was some way that he could have been, that we had that kind of potential. I hate taking that away from you."

After a short moment of silence, she said, "I know what I'm doing." Did she mean she accepted me, even with the reminder that we weren't going to be having any children?

"How could you know that, Bella?" I said softly. "Look at my mother. Look at my sister. It's not as easy a sacrifice as you imagine."

"Esme and Rosalie get by just fine," she reminded me. "If it's a problem later, we can do what Esme did- we'll adopt."

"It's not right! I don't want you to have to make sacrifices for me," I said fiercely. "I want to give you things, not take things away from you. I don't want to steal your future. If I were human…" I imagined what the world would've been for me if I was born in her generation and had met her as a human. Things would've been different.

"You are my future," she said, putting her hand over my lips. "Now stop. No moping, or I'm calling your brothers to come and get you. Maybe you need a bachelor party."

"I'm sorry. I am moping, aren't I?" I mused. "Must be the nerves."

"Are your feet cold?"

I chuckled, so low she couldn't hear. "Not in that sense. I've been waiting a century to marry you, Miss Swan. The wedding ceremony is the one thing I can't wait…" I broke off, mid-thought, as I heard Emmett and Jasper's quiet voices from outside Bella's house. Great. "You don't have to call my brothers," I growled, gritting my teeth. "Apparently Emmett and Jasper aren't going to let me bow out tonight."

She clutched me close for a second, and then released me, not saying anything. Then she said, "Have fun."

I heard Emmett squealing his nails against the window- a warning. I growled lightly. Bella shivered against me.

"If you don't send Edward out," Emmett threatened, looking directly at Bella, though she couldn't see, "we're coming in after him!"

"Go," Bella laughed. "Before they break my house."

I rolled my eyes, but got to my feet quickly, and had my shirt on just as quickly. I kissed Bella's forehead. "Get to sleep. You've got a big day tomorrow."

"Thanks! That's sure to help me wind down," Bella chuckled, smiling.

"I'll meet you at the altar." My words made me think of her, looking stunning in the wedding dress. Perfect.

"I'll be the one in white," Bella said calmly, confirming the vision in my head. I chuckled. "Very convincing."

And then I crouched. I launched myself out the window, landing with perfect precision on my feet. I heard Bella's "You better not make him late."

Jasper jumped into the window and said, "Don't worry, Bella! We'll get him back in plenty of time."

Emmett smiled at me. "Here comes the groom…" he teased.

I rolled my eyes again.

I heard Bella say, "Jasper, what do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?"

"Relax," Jasper said. "We Cullens have our own version. Just a few mountain lions, a couple of grizzly bears. Pretty much an ordinary night out."

"Thanks, Jasper," she sighed, relieved. I couldn't believe she thought I'd do that to her- but I put it off of my mind. With Emmett and Jasper at my side, I disappeared into the forest.

Love it post more soon!!

That was great. It was really well written, a very enjoyable read.

This is AMAZING!! Post more soon!

Really good! Update soon!

Wedding

The sun shone dimly in the Forks sky. It wasn't raining- a miracle- but the clouds did cover the sun enough that it would be okay for us to be out in the day without sparkling. I smiled. It was almost as if fate had made the day perfect.

The perfect vampire-human wedding. I snorted.

Carlisle and Emmett were standing on the steps, talking about something for the wedding. I was only briefly listening to them. We were all at Bella's- Charlie had decided that was where the men would prepare for the wedding- and everyone was ready but me.

It was going to be a very big day.

The day I had waited for, for eternity. The day I had dreamed of since deciding on asking Bella's hand in marriage. The one day that would truly make me happy.

"Edward!" Jasper's sharp voice jarred me out of my daydream. I looked up at him, still visualizing Bella in my arms, me kissing her, holding her.

"Edward." Now Jasper just sounded immensely annoyed. I laughed. I wasn't thinking about him. All I could think about was my love, my soul mate, my Bella. "You're going to need to put your tux on, aren't you? The wedding starts in half an hour."

"I know," I reminded him. "I'm pretty sure that it's my wedding, Jasper."

Charlie came down the stairs, fully dressed. At the sight of him, my throat tightened because I knew the next person to get dressed would be me. Although I was waiting for the moment to come, I couldn't get this strange fear out of my system.

"Edward, you're next," Emmett guffawed, but a steely glare from me shut him up quickly. I turned to look at Carlisle, who was already looking at me, smiling.

"Go," he mouthed.

I walked slowly up the stairs to the bathroom, taking in the scents in the room. The embalming scent of vampires was the major scent, but there was a dashing bit of humanity, that I knew was Charlie's scent. I walked inside the bathroom and shut the door tightly. I dressed quickly, admiring myself in the mirror after I was done, and looked at my watch. It had only taken one minute.

I sighed. That meant twenty-nine more minutes of waiting…

I walked down the stairs after I was done. Everyone besides Charlie looked irritated, as though I'd taken too long, but Charlie's eyes were wide in astonishment. "You change quickly," he told me as I made my way down the stairs.

"Um… thanks," I said, not really knowing what else to say.

Carlisle looked briefly at his watch. "We really should be going," he said. "Esme wants us to help finish things up."

I nodded and followed him to the car. Emmett, Jasper and Charlie were behind me. We drove off; I could feel the tight knot in my stomach, and I was sure that if I had a heartbeat, it would've been beating much too fast to be healthy.

When we arrived at the house I gasped in shock. Alice had outdone herself. She hadn't let anything on, so I hadn't known what to expect. The whole house had been redone in white blossoms and beautiful, startlingly long ribbons. I could see a crowd of people sitting in their chairs. Some were chattering amongst themselves. I picked out Tanya, Kate, Carmen, and Eleazar, who were sitting in the back.

Esme was waiting in the back of the house. "What do you need?" Emmett asked her.

"Can you spread the flowers around the house?" She handed him, Carlisle and Jasper a vase of flowers. Charlie excused himself upstairs to find Bella- when he said her name, a shiver of excitement boiled through me- leaving me alone. Esme had said she didn't want me doing anything, not on my wedding day, which was part of the reason I loved Esme so much- her care and love were outstanding.

Time could not pass quick enough. I was almost actually growling with anticipation as the next twenty minutes passed. And then it was time. I heard the welcoming music Rosalie had been playing change into something more familiar.

It was time.

Carlisle and Esme were standing down at the aisle. I ran to join them, and saw everyone looking at me, smiling. Carlisle straightened my tie once more as we stared at the ranks of people- human, vampire, and werewolf- who we'd invited to the wedding. "You've got this, Edward," he promised.

I saw Alice making her way down the aisle, looking small and beautiful. Jasper grinned when he saw her. When she reached the end of the aisle, time seemed to slow down. Everyone was staring, waiting for the beautiful bride to come out. And then she did.

I heard her footsteps before I saw her gorgeous face.

My breath caught in my throat.

Okay, Bella was always beautiful in a way that a human shouldn't be, but now everything had changed. Her chocolate brown eyes shined warmly. Her eyelashes were drawn out, making her look like an ancient goddess. She seemed taller, and then I remembered that she was wearing high heels. Her long hair was tucked into a bun, which I was grateful for, so that I could see her full face. I ignored the seductive scent of her blood. Charlie was on her arm. He looked very handsome in the black tuxedo Alice had him in.

Her eyes telegraphed a furious passion that she could not hide, and I'm sure my eyes were the same. I couldn't… I just couldn't stop staring at her. She was gorgeous.

It seemed like it took painstaking hours for them to reach us, but they did. Finally they did.

We'd traded writing our own vows for the traditional ones, except for a "till death do us part" at the end. As Angela Weber's father spoke behind us and the entire crowd watched us read our vows, I almost choked up with angst and love as I said, with as much strength as I could muster, "I do."

Bella listened to Mr. Weber's words and she stared back at me. I saw the longing in her eyes for me. There it was again. The crushing realization that Bella Swan actually did love me, as much as I loved her, and that she'd agreed to marry me, had made a choice that had shattered her heart, possibly damaged her soul, for me. "I do." Her voice sounded just a tiny bit scared, but I could see the sureness in her eyes, the sudden eagerness to marry me.

I kissed her with everything in me. I put my heart, my soul (if I had one) and everything in that kiss. She kissed back eagerly. I knew she was taking it too far, but I didn't care. The world narrowed down so that it was just Bella and I. I kept kissing her, not caring that we'd been kissing for a long time. And finally I had to be the one to end it. I sighed but held her hand surely and strongly as we listened to the thundering applause of the crowd. Even Charlie was smiling.

Alice, Bella and I walked slowly back down the aisle, so that we could begin our wedding reception. Bella's eyes only tore away from mine as she was passed lovingly from set of arms to set of arms. And the reception began.

It was just twilight over the river; the ceremony had lasted exactly the right amount of time, allowing the sun to set behind the trees. I led Bella through the back doors. As soon as we left the house, we were greeted by the friends we'd just seen.

"Congrats, guys," said Seth Clearwater. His mother, Sue, stood beside him, eyeing the guests tersely. She was very pretty, her hair as short as Leah's. Billy Black, who stood by Seth's other side, wasn't as tense as Sue.

Seth leaned toward me, arms extended, looking for a hug. I returned the hug friendlily, ignoring Sue's delicate shudder. Get away from him, she was thinking furiously at me, as though she knew I could read minds. She probably did.

The sparkling in Billy's eyes made me smile, because I knew what they symbolized. He is coming back! Oh, I can't wait, he was thinking as he smiled up at Bella and I.

"It's good to see things work out for you, man," Seth said, smiling. "I'm happy for you."

"Thank you, Seth," I said politely. He was thinking Oh, Bella looks so pretty! This wedding rocks, man! "That means a lot to me." I pulled away from Seth, and looked at Sue and Billy. "Thank you, as well. For letting Seth come, for supporting Bella today."

"You're welcome," Billy said.

A line was forming behind them, so Seth and Billy waved goodbye. Seth wheeled Billy toward the food. Angela and Ben were standing behind them. "Oh, you guys are gorgeous!" Angela gushed as she threw her arms around Bella. "The ceremony was beautiful. Everything's great!" Ben was smiling at me, and I smiled back.

After them was Mike and Jessica, who were now dating again, apparently, by their held hands and the furious thoughts Mike was thinking: Jess's hot, but Bella… oh, my God! Just look at that rack! Ooh, God! I gritted my teeth and tried to block out his thoughts.

After them was the Denalis. I smiled at the sight of Tanya, who grinned back and reached out to embrace me. Behind her was Kate, Carmen, and Eleazar. "Ah, Edward," Tanya breathed into my chest. "I've missed you."

I deftly maneuvered out of the hug, chuckling, noticing the sharp look on Bella's face. "It's been too long, Tanya. You look well."

"So do you."

"Let me introduce you to my wife." As the words escaped my lips, I realized it was the first time I'd said it. I felt like I'd explode with satisfaction just saying it. The Denalis all laughed softly. "Tanya, this is my Bella."

Tanya took Bella's hand. I could read her thoughts: He chose her over me? She's alright, but… I wish I could have been with him.

"Welcome to the family, Bella," she said, smiling ruefully. "We consider ourselves Carlisle's extended family, and I am sorry about the, er, recent incident when we did not behave as such. Can you forgive us?" She looked as though she really wanted forgiveness. I was proud of Tanya.

"Of course," Bella breathed. "It's so nice to meet you."

"The Cullens are all evened up in numbers now. Perhaps it will be our turn next, eh, Kate?" She grinned at Kate, who smiled back. Kate rolled her eyes. "Keep the dream alive," she said, taking Bella's hand from Tanya and squeezing it gently.

"Welcome, Bella," Kate said.

Carmen put her hand on top of Kate's. Her lips were turned up in a smile. "I'm Carmen, this is Eleazar," she said, motioning her head towards her mate. "We're all so very pleased to finally meet you."

"M-me, too," Bella stuttered.

"We'll get to know each other later," Tanya laughed as her and her family walked away. "We'll have eons of time for that!"

Most of the traditions were kept. Bella and I danced, the same way we'd danced at prom. I removed her garter very carefully, and with a smile, sent it straight at Mike Newton. Bella's bouquet landed gracefully into Angela's surprised hands. We cut the wedding cake and took turns shoving it into each other's faces. As the crowd watched, I swallowed my portion, causing Bella to gasp in shock. It tasted dry and raw, and sent my throat burning dryly, at the thought of all the blood I was surrounded by. But I swallowed it carefully.

I smiled. Billy looked at me, eyes glistening. He's almost here, he was thinking, knowing I could hear him. And so he was. That would be the perfect wedding gift. I smiled widely as the floor became a dancing floor for everyone. I watched as Bella danced with Mike again, smiling dimly, but the smile faded as I listened to Mike's thoughts: I would do her so hard.

"Still not that fond of Mike, eh?" Bella laughed as I spun her in my arms, away from Mike. She was laughing so much tonight. A peace had entered her eyes subconsciously, and I finally knew her thoughts, without even reading her mind. She was happy.

"Not when I have to listen to his thoughts," I murmured, twirling her. "He's lucky I didn't kick him out. Or worse."

Bella rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right," she said.

"Have you had a chance to look at yourself?" I said in disbelief. She really hadn't seen herself, seen why Mike was so fond of her now?

"Um, no, I guess not. Why?"

I breathed. "Then I suppose you don't realize how utterly, heartbreakingly beautiful you are tonight. I'm not surprised Mike's having difficulty with improper thoughts about a married woman." I rolled my eyes. "I am disappointed Alice didn't make sure you were forced to look in a mirror."

Bella looked away from me in what looked to be sarcastic disbelief. "You are very biased, you know."

I sighed, and spun us so that we were facing the glass wall that was the house. You could see our reflections in the mirror. Bella's eyes widened as she looked at herself, as though she didn't think it was her. "Biased, am I?" I muttered.

I heard walking. Hard. Really close to where we were standing. But it wasn't loud enough for Bella to hear it. "Oh!" I gasped, smiling as his thoughts came into my head. He was thinking very positive things, wondering if Bella was pretty enough since it was her wedding, hoping he wouldn't lose control.

"What is it?" Bella said, confused.

"A surprise wedding gift," I laughed.

"Huh?"

I didn't answer; I spun us in the direction of the tall trees, where he was waiting. It was so dark Bella couldn't see him; I saw her squinting in the direction we were going. I stared at him; he was looking straight at her. "Thank you. This is very… kind of you."

"Kind is my middle name," Jacob said, grinning. "Can I cut in?"

Bella's eyes widened at the sound of his voice. A choked sound escaped her throat that I'm sure she didn't even realize she let out the noise. "Jacob!" she breathed, her hands flying to her throat. "Jacob!"

"Hey there, Bells," he laughed.

I guided her to where he was standing. She instantly inserted her face into his chest, which was noticeably bigger- the werewolf growth hadn't stopped yet. I smiled. "Rosalie won't forgive me if she doesn't get her official turn on the dance floor," I said, walking away- though I could still hear the exchange between the two of them. I walked to where Emmett and Jasper were standing, taking watch of the scene as well.

"Just wait here," I commanded them. "And watch. I'll be listening, too."

I hadn't been lying- Rosalie and I hadn't danced yet. I spun gracefully with her a few times, listening to Jacob and Bella's conversation. When the first song ended and a new one began, I heard their conversation shift. Suddenly I felt a fierce anger radiating from Jacob. What was happening? "Rose, I have to go check on Bella," I told her.

Rosalie nodded and stepped into Carlisle's arms. He watched me walk away. He was thinking, Is she okay?

I nodded and kept walking, not even looking in his direction.

I could hear Jacob's growled, "Have you lost your mind? You can't be that stupid! Tell me you're joking!" I raced toward the scene of their dance at human speed (I didn't want to raise suspicion) to where I saw Jacob gripping Bella's shoulders. Anger ripped through me, and I moved with vampire speed. "Take your hands off her!" I growled.

"Jake, bro, back away," Seth demanded. "You're losing it." His eyes were full of fear for Bella. "You'll hurt her. Let her go."

Jacob was glaring at me, his eyes burning with fury.

"Now," I snarled.

"C'mon, Jake," Seth, who had his arms wrapped around Jacob- Jacob, who was quivering, ready to phase- pleaded. "Let's go."

A growl ripped through Jacob's teeth. In some ways, he was almost like a newborn vampire. "I'll kill you," he growled. "I'll kill you myself! I'll do it now!" He shuddered convulsively.

"Seth, get out of the way," I snapped. Seth tugged on Jacob again. "Don't do it, Jake. Walk away- c'mon."

Jacob, Seth and Sam, who had been standing beside Seth in wolf form, faded into the darkness. Jacob was still shaking. Quil, who was also in wolf form, glared at me. Make sure she's safe, he thought.

I offered one cold nod to him. He padded off into the forest, following his Alpha.

"All right," I said to myself. I looked at Bella, who was still staring off into the forest worriedly. "Let's go back."

"But Jake…" Bella protested.

"Sam has him in hand. He's gone," I reassured her.

"Edward, I'm so sorry," Bella pleaded. "I was stupid-"

"You did nothing wrong-" I said, but she interrupted me. "I have such a big mouth! Why would I… I shouldn't have let him get to me like that." She blinked quickly. "What was I thinking?" she moaned.

"Don't worry." I caressed her face, feeling the warmth of her cheeks. "We need to get back to the reception, before someone notices our absence."

Bella shook her head, thinking. I wondered for the millionth time what she was thinking. "Give me two seconds," she pleaded, looking down at herself. "My dress?"

"You look fine- not a hair out of place," I reassured her.

"Okay, let's go," she breathed.

I put my arms around her and led her back to the dance floor. We blended so easily, it was almost as if we'd never been gone. But Bella was still staring worriedly into the forest, distracted. "Are you-" I began, but she stopped me. "I'm fine. I can't believe I did that. What's wrong with me?" she groaned.

"Nothing is wrong with you," I promised her.

"It's over," she sighed. "Let's not think of it again tonight." She chewed her lip, however, thoughtful; always so thoughtful. I didn't say anything. I was thinking about the sudden image I got of Bella… helpless in my arms… dead… bleeding.

I wasn't sure what was going to happen if I let Bella that close to me. I could potentially rip her to shreds. Or I could be so focused on protecting her that I was of the utmost caring with her- holding her gently, kissing her gently, caressing her gently. I didn't know what was ahead, after the honeymoon- for the most part it looked like Bella was going to become a vampire, but need I wait until then? Or fulfill her biggest, most egregious request.

I closed my eyes, hearing Bella's worried "Edward?" and sighing. I touched her forehead against mine- summer and winter, ice and fire. "Jacob is right," I whispered. "What am I thinking?"

"He is not," Bella reassured me softly. "Jacob is way too prejudiced to see anything clearly."

I mumbled, so low I didn't think she could hear, "I should let him kill me for even thinking…"

"Stop it!" she snapped suddenly. She grabbed my face in her hands. I opened my eyes hesitantly. "You and me; that's the only thing that matters. The only thing that you're allowed to think about right now. Do you hear me?"

I thought of how motherly she sounded. "Yes," I sighed.

"Forget Jacob came," she pleaded. "For me. Promise me that you'll let this go."

I looked into her eyes. She was so sure that nothing would happen to her. But she didn't know what was going to happen. She might be dead by morning. But I had promised her, and we were going to try. "I promise," I muttered.

"Thank you, Edward," she sighed, relieved. "I'm not afraid."

"I am..." I whispered.

"Don't be," she said, smiling. "By the way, I love you."

"That's why we're here," I said, smiling just a little in return.

I heard Emmett's footsteps behind me. "You're monopolizing the bride," he said. "Let me dance with my little sister- this could be my last chance to make her blush." He laughed loudly. And I want to take full advantage of that, he thought.

It turned out that there were lots of people who hadn't danced with Bella and I yet. I sucked air in as I danced with Alice, and tried not to think about what would transpire in the hours ahead. When I finally claimed Bella again, our song was on. I smiled as Bella laid her head against my chest. My arms tightened around her. I did not ever want to give my queen up- ever.

"I could get used to this," she breathed.

"Don't tell me you've gotten over your dancing issues," I said.

"Dancing isn't so bad- with you." She smiled. "But I was thinking more of this- of never having to let you go." She pressed herself even tighter against me.

"Never," I vowed, and leaned to kiss her. It was an intense kiss, and I all but lost myself in Bella, trying to ignore Alice's furious thoughts: Edward, I know you can hear me. You and Bella have to leave. Now.

Alice called, "Bella! It's time!" I growled, so low Bella couldn't hear. I ignored her, urgently kissing my queen, not wanting to give her up for even a millisecond.

Alice was next to us now. "Do you want to miss your plane? I'm sure you'll have a lovely honeymoon camped out in the airport waiting for another flight."

I turned slightly to mutter, "Go away, Alice," and then my lips were over hers again, kissing fiercely.

"Bella, do you want to wear that dress on the airplane?" Alice demanded, angry now.

I didn't care- at first. But when I heard the thought, I froze, and she spoke it aloud: "I'll tell her where you're taking her, Edward. So help me, I will."

I lifted my face from hers and glared at my sister. "You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating," I snapped.

"I didn't pick out the perfect going-away dress to have it wasted," she snapped back. She took Bella's hand in hers. "Come with me, Bella." I was growling under my breath as she tore my queen away from me. Carlisle was waiting by the door with Emmett, who was laughing, probably at my desperate expression. His thoughts confirmed it: You look like someone slaughtered your puppy.

I waited as Bella hugged and said goodbye to Renee and Charlie, now dressed in a blue going-away dress. Her hair fell gracefully to her shoulders, curled now from being up for so long. She was stunning. I couldn't stop staring at her. When the guests made an aisle for us to the car, I kissed her quickly but passionately. I rushed her to the car as the rice storm began. A lot of the ricochets were off my back, and I knew it was Emmett, by the precision of the throws. When we were in the car- which was brightly decorated with gossamer streamers- she waved and called "I love you" to her friends and family, who smiled and waved back. As we pulled off, I squeezed her hand gently. "I love you," I said. No words had been truer.

She quoted me by saying, "That's why we're here." I kissed her hair.

As we turned onto the black highway, I heard a noise that would haunt me a lot during the coming days. The sound of a piercing, heartbroken howl, the sound that I knew was Jacob's. I knew Bella could hear it, by the frown I'm sure she didn't realize she was making. I would owe him so many times over for this.

I let the pained, heartbroken howling fade into the wind and disappear behind us.

OMG!!! I love it!!! Please keep me updated!!!

PLZZZ CONTINUE!!! love it ♥♥

Epic :)

Really good but you put awakerning. You should take out the R.

This is really good I can't wait to read more. Please let me when you update, I sent you a friend request.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service