The Twilight Saga

Thanks to the awesome Minnie for creating both these fantastic banners :)

*Copyright of plot and characters. This story was inspired by the song, "My Immortal" by Evanescence.*

These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me.

Preface

I could never figure out why he seemed all too familiar to me. Every time I’d ask if we had ever met before, he’d just deny it, saying that I was crazy, that we had never met before that one evening. I never believed him, though. I knew I had seen him before, somehow. I knew him. Maybe from a different life? I couldn’t be sure, considering I never really began to believe in that kind of thing in the first place. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but something about him seem much too familiar for me to be able to let it go.

I had to admit, he was incredibly intriguing, despite all my efforts to keep away from him. He was mysterious and very unpredictable, not the average boy you see walking the streets. He was… different. So exceedingly different, there’s got to be a whole story to it, maybe even some secrets hidden behind the story. He was sophisticated, more sophisticated than any other boy I had ever met, mature, insightful, thoughtful, and he pays attention to every little movement, every little change in emotion, making sure he’s taking any offense against anyone.

His only flaws were his cryptic, vague personality, never letting anyone in on his secrets, never trusting anyone who just wanted him to open up to someone he could confide in. He doesn’t trust anyone but himself. He’s much too stubborn to let anyone else have an inside look on his pains and burdens.

I’m determined to find out what they are.

Prologue

I start my way down the street, in my usual black hoodie, dark blue jeans, black sneakers, and black gloves. I shove my hands into my sweater pocket, my hoodie up, almost over my eyes. My hair’s down and well past my shoulders, draping down and its tips getting a little wet. It’s raining in the town I live in, Lakemont. Or, rather, the town I currently reside in. I never stay in a place for too long, mostly because I’m a fifteen year old girl who’s emancipated.

The rain is pouring down on me, making my dark jeans appear even darker. The town is very small and quaint, so not a lot of people live in it. Couple hundred people live here and not even half of them are able to drive cars. This is why I’m walking alone on the sidewalk, no cars whizzing past me and no people walking on the sidewalk, due to the intense rain. But, frankly, I don’t mind the rain. Frankly, I like it, especially during this time, when it’s pouring on the houses. It’s like it’s playing its own music, its own drum beat against the house. I can almost hear it.

Anyway, I’m walking home from the market. I had just gone there for a soda. That’s it. Nothing else. I open up the Coke, hearing the light Tsss before taking a deep swing. I feel the cool sensation of bubble tickle me down my throat. I take the soda away from my lips, twisting the cap back on.

Just then, I hear them. Past the patter of the rain, I can hear their loud guffawing. I turn around, seeing their faint shadows through the rain. I turn back around and keep walking, slightly faster now. I hear them again, their low chuckling and hollering. This time, I don’t bother to turn around. I just walk faster, trying to get away from them. I hear them as they start walking faster, too, their voices becoming louder against the pounding rain. I look around, searching for some quick escape. I turn the corner, just a couple more steps away from my nice, cozy apartment.

That’s when they come up right behind me and put a hand on my each of my shoulders. I turn around, meeting their faces. There were two of them, both of them big, brawny, and very, very intimidating. They’re dressed in all black, from their beanies down to their tennis shoes. They both sneer at me, towering about a foot over me. One of them is much taller than the other, almost a seven footer. And the other is wearing glasses.

“Give us your money,” the big one says. Oh crap.

I say in a shaky voice, “I-I don’t have any money.”

The one with glasses squeezes hard on my shoulder. “We know you have money. Or else you wouldn’t have that soda in your hands, now, would you?”

I hide the soda behind my back, quietly twisting the bottle cap off. Had they followed me on my way to the market?

“Give us your money,” the big one repeats.

This time, I don’t say anything. I throw the bottle of soda at them, seeing as it spills all over them. I’m going to have to buy more soon, I thought to myself, a little ruefully. As they’re distracted, I run. I start running as fast as I can towards my apartment building. I can hear them running behind me, but I pay no attention. My main focus is getting my building before they can get me.

Too bad I forget that it’s raining and I fall face first on the hard, slippery pavement. I try to get up, but a foot presses me down hard against the ground. I look up at the one with the glasses, the one pressing me down. He smirks at me. Before I could even react, a foot meets my face. I scream in pain, feeling my head throbbing. I feel more kicks to my stomach and chest. I try to scream and yell for help, but I doubt anyone can hear me through the rain.

Once they stop beating me, they take my phone and keys to my apartment from my pocket and run off. I try to get up, try to call for help, but it’s not use. I lay here on the ground, unable to move, hardly able to speak.

I feel my eyes become heavy, feeling sleepy. Like I’m going to die. I even start to hallucinate before my eyes close, seeing the figure of a boy angel in front of me. And it isn’t a full second that I look at him before I fall into deep unconsciousness.

~☼~

The first thing I feel when I wake up is my throbbing head. I have the worst headache in the world. I try to lift an arm to rub against my head, but I can hardly feel my arm. That’s when I notice that I’m no longer in the rain. Then where am I? My eyes flutter open. I’m in a small room, laying down on a couch or bed of some sort; this isn’t my apartment. I feel a cushion under me; a very comfortable cushion at that. I can now feel all my injuries. My chest is bandaged, as well as my ankle. To my right, I see a small bedside table with a clear glass of water and a lamp, the only light available in the room. One thing that leaves me most befuddled is that all my clothes, including my gloves, were still on… yet, they were incredibly warm and dry.

I catch my reflection in a mirror on the bedside table. I look terrible. My dirty blonde hair was still wet from the rain. Dried blood was stained under my nose, which probably broke when I had gotten kicked in the face. My lip is split and my light brown eyes are now bruised. My pale face was beaten severely, leaving it covered in bruises that matched my eyes. I probably looked worse earlier.

Had those guys kidnapped me? I can’t be sure, considering that my injuries are bandaged and healing. Whatever’s happening, all I know is that I should get out of here. I shift myself so that I try to sit up.

“I wouldn’t if I were you,” a soft voice says.

I look up to see someone at the doorway, leaning against its frame. His voice has a slight British accent and his long dark hair is tied back in a ponytail that looks like it reaches his shoulder blades. He wears glasses that framed his dark eyes. He looks somewhat familiar.

“What,” I ask, finally able to find my voice.

He walks slowly into the room. “You’re not yet fully healed. It’ll take longer for you to heal. Especially for you.”

“Why especially for me,” I ask, lying back down against my pillow

He chuckles and sits beside me on the bed. “That’s another story for later.” His answer makes me a little curious, but, considering how much pain I’m in, I don’t really feel like pressing the matter any further.

We’re both silent for a while. “What am I doing here,” I ask quietly.

He simply says, “I heard you screaming in the rain. Once I had found you, you had already been unconscious. You took quite a spill there.”

I thought to myself. He can’t be the angel boy I saw before I blacked out, could he? I take a good look at him. No, the boy I saw was shorter then this man. And lankier, too.

The man says, “I decided to take you in. I bandaged you up and brought you here, a spare room I have in my small house.”

I nod. “Thank you.”

He grins. “You’re quiet welcome.” He chuckles again. “So sorry, I’ve forgotten my manners.” He holds out his hand to me. “I am Reed. Reed Collins. And who might you be?”

I take his hand in my gloved one, wondering why he flinches ever so slightly, and smile back. “I’m Andrea Jeanine Johnson. Most people just call me Andi.”

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Chapter 1 . . . . . Page 3

Chapter 2 . . . . . Page 5

Chapter 3 . . . . . Page 7

Chapter 4 . . . . . Page 9

Chapter 5 . . . . . Page 12

Chapter 6 . . . . . Page 14

Tags: Andi, Ayden, Evanescence, Immortals, My, Reed

Views: 121

Replies to This Discussion

WOW I LOVED YAYYYY GO STEVIE . . . . I DONT LIKE NICOLETTE

UPDATE SOON

haha I know, right? :P Thanks, JB and I for sure will update soon :)
lol what a witch post more soon plzz
haha. I know, right? :P Thanks :) And I'll for sure post more soon :)
GREAT!!!!!!!! Plz be super nice  nPOST MORE SOON!!
haha. Thanks :) And I for sure will try to post as soon as I possibly can :)
haha. it's okay :P And maybe they are, maybe they're not... you'll see :)

Okay, I have a feeling that Nicolette is like one of those girls from that movie called "Mean Girls". *Glares at Nicolette*

This was good, like putting a movie on play(the rest of your story is like that too ^^) the only difference being that I'm watching the movie in my head :)

I'm hoping Ayden will suddenly pop up at school and make Andi's yaw drop xD

Can't wait for the next chapter and finding out more about the mysteries of this story ;P

xx
Minnie

haha. I know she's a witch :P You'll see what happens in the next chapter. She's gonna meet someone new :) haha. Thanks Minnie :D I'll for sure post more soon

Amazing as always! But you should update quicker, that way I dont have to check your discussion every hour to see if you updated. (I'm that obbsessed, so what!?!)

Please POST MORE!!!

~Lexi

haha. Thanks, Lexi :) And I'll for sure try to update more frequently. I have other stories that I need to work on, but, trust me, there will be a lot in store for this story series :)(And yes, I did say series, there will be a sequel if I can get this done on time :]) haha. Thanks again Lexi and I'll for sure post more soon :)
loved itttttt

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service