The Twilight Saga

Dreams...What happens when Bella's fantasy world becomes her reality? Edward was only suppose to be in her Dreams...

Hi everyone! In this story Bella has been having dreams since childhood of this man in which she falls in love with. The only problem is that he's only in her dreams or is he?

This story is complete, but I have not added all the chapters. I will add at least two chapters each time. So please read and comment and let me know what you think. The re-posting is because it needed some editing, but hopefully that is all fixed.

Happy Reading,

Delilah

Dreams

CHAPTER ONE:

BELLA

These dreams of mine are starting to get on my nerves. When I was younger my mother wouldn't let me watch vampire movies anymore because of them. This however is going too far. I am now eighteen and basically living on my own. Last year, when my mother came up from Florida for my graduation, my parents Charlie and Renee rekindled their relationship. Although I felt bad for Phil (the “interims mate” of my mom for the last 4 years), he really was a nice guy.

The only restrictions my mother had for my dad was that she wouldn't live in this gloomy town – she was referring to Forks of course. Unlike my mother, I rather enjoyed this gloomy town as she put it.
I was happy that they were together again – living alone with Charlie was easy, but I haven't seen him this happy except from old videos that had Mom in them and I always felt that he still had strong feelings for her. I was more than willing to give them some room to enjoy themselves, to get to know each other again, to rediscover their love. So I decided not to stay with them even when they asked me on an hourly basis.

So, my parents finally accepted my argument about leaving me here to take care of myself. The house was paid for and I also got a job – I mean, how much electricity could one girl use a month?
Waitressing was the job l had in a nearby town called Port Angeles. It was not the best job in the world, but it helped paying the bills. There was once a day I had hoped to go to college, but I had to put that on the back burner for now. I rather enjoyed the peacefulness I had at the house these days. Except for these unrelenting dreams. They’re not bad ones it's just that they keep me heated the way I have never been in reality. Being in love in my dreams was never the way I had planned to go about my life.

Some people say that dreams are a foretelling of your reality. Well, if they saw MINE, they would say I have gone completely insane. I have had these dreams since I was about ten or so. At first, they were sort of sporadic flickers, not a whole lot of a meaning, visions of this beautiful amber – eyed god. As beautiful as he was at the time I was scared of him. Something in his eyes made me aware of the depth of pain he had endured. Just glimpses of him now and then is all it was. But down here alone in Forks, in the past few months, they have gotten quite interesting.

Instead of the amber eyes that I was used to, now they were green. All I saw in his eyes now was happiness. These visions lasted longer now as well. We were standing in a meadow and he was on one knee asking for my hand in marriage. This dream had a lot of emotion. The sun was shining down on us, the wind blew, helping me catch my breath from his proposal. There was – I think a cabin far in our view down the hill to the left of us. On our right was a line of trees starting the forest. Turning back to the exceptional smile on his face was breath taking. I of course answered his question with a polite “Yes”. We were in a trance for a while, then we both too soon realized that there was a storm heading in our direction. We chose to go into the trees to cover ourselves from the storm. The air was starting to get a little chilled, so he wrapped his arms around me. Ahh – I could stay in that position forever. He swiveled me around to look at him, I looked deep in his eyes as he said “Bella, I love you – it will always be you for me, love.” In that moment I fully believed him. He passionately kissed me and I felt as though I was sitting on a cloud, everything was weightless. Then something grabbed me from behind roughly, rude. He yelled my name as someone or something was pulling him the opposite direction from my own. I screamed “Edward – help me!”

At this point we were so far from one another that we couldn’t hear or see the other. I felt my body turn to look at who or what it was that was doing this to us. This person gripping me looked very old as I looked into his eyes, but his skin told me differently. “What do you want from us?” I asked. He said “I am so sorry Bella as much as I would love to have you with us, I cannot take the chance that you would harm us in the future.” I was confused, considering I had no idea who he was or what he was talking about at all. "Bella, it’s time for you to leave this earth. Again, I am sorry for this.” He grabbed me from behind my neck ever so slightly while saying “Goodbye, my darling Bella.”

That's when I wake up. It was such a lovely beginning with an ugly end. The smile on Edwards face, oh how I wish he was real. I must have a really hyper active mind. Gain control Bella. Realizing now that I am late getting up for the day, I hurried to the bathroom and took my shower and went back to my room then dressed for work. Waiting for me outside was my old red truck. When I arrived at work, I was happy to see that it was not terribly busy yet. Break time came and as I was walking outside when my boss came to me and asked if I could work the second shift. The other girl had been sick and couldn't come in. Well I don't see why not, I have nothing better to do and to earn some extra money was cool.

So I finished both shifts and returned home for the evening. As tired as I was I decided to go to bed. Again, the same dream appeared and the ending was the same. I was startled by the intensity of this old man's eyes and woke up. ‘No!’ I yelled, late at night, again. Not able to get more sleep in this night I decided to get up. I did my normal routine and made some breakfast, put my laundry in and sat down to read Wuthering Heights again. After my laundry was done I cleaned the house which hardly ever dirty, just dust and mopping.

I was ready for work and then remembered my boss telling me that we would probably have more customers this evening. The local high school had some type of function, so more than likely we would have some. On the way down there I noticed I was still thinking about the dreams. How unbelievably handsome this Edward was. I felt a smile creasing my face. Stop it already, this is crazy! Why on earth am I still thinking of that?

Work was slow when I arrived. I punched in my time card and made my way to the front. “How many tables do I have tonight, boss?". “Oh, hi Bella, well right now I think five maybe more later if Nicole doesn't show up soon.” Sipping on my coke, my boss said “Bella, you have two tables up, hun”. “Thank you” I replied sourly. I went over swiftly and took their drink orders and went to fill those when I heard "Bella, there's another one for you". Oh crap, that was fast, I just walked back here. Hurrying with the drinks in hand I quickly placed in front of the proper owners and started to walk to my new table. Darn paper – come out already! My note pad wouldn't come out of my mini apron. As I looked down to pull it out I tripped over my own foot. Well that is embarrassing.

I finally got up and headed to my table too embarrassed to look up right off the bat, I said, “Hi, my name is Bella, what can I get you to drink tonight?” The female answered “Nothing for me, thank you.” The male started to say “I would like a...” I froze in place, I knew that voice. There is no freaking way, I am not hearing this! I have gone mad. I couldn't help myself and looked up. Noticing I was not breathing at this very moment I tried to turn to just walk away. As I turned I couldn't see anything but darkness.

“Bella are you ok?” “Can you hear me, hon?” “Maybe we should call an ambulance…” my boss stated nervously.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Well we don't know. A couple at your table yelled for someone to come and see if you were alright and then they left. Are you ok, Bella?” my boss asked.

“Umm – I think so.” I said still unsure of what happened.

“Dear, I think you fainted. Maybe you should go home. I will try to find someone else to take your shift, ok?”

“Umm, no. I think I'm fine. If it's alright with you, I would like to stay.”

“Are you sure, Bella?” My boss asked again.

“Yes I'm sure.” I replied absent-minded. What did just happen? I don't know if I could even answer that question myself. I really think it's time I go and see a psychiatrist though. There is no way I just saw the man of my dreams (literally) sitting in front of me. I dare not to say a word of what just happened. I will for sure be the crazy lady across town for that one. So, what is my story then? Oh, this one is simple. ”Uh - I just got light headed, that’s all.” That's believable. I finished work easily except for spilling a few drinks which I thought was pretty impressive for me. I punched my time card out and left.

On my way home I couldn't help but think about what had happened. The thought of him really sitting in front of me was fascinating. Of course I knew it wasn't real. Could it? No, that's just nonsense. I couldn't help but feel a little jealous though. The girl that was with him was very pretty. Short spiked hair, kind of pixie like. Well, if that's the kind of girl he likes I am way out of her league. Alright Bella Marie Swan, get a hold of yourself! Getting jealous over a girl that does not exist and let's not forget about the guy that also does not exist. Maybe it's time to get some sleeping pills and hope there are no more tantalizing dreams to keep from losing my job.

Who is that? She looks like me. The same boring brown eyes as mine, slender, but the face is a little different. I realized I was following her down the sidewalk. She had odd clothes on, something from another era it seems. Looking around I soon noticed that everyone around me were in the same kind of clothing. The woman wore long dresses that belled out, very sophisticated looking. The men wore suits with hats. I pressed on following this woman. It was as if I was stalking her so I was going to stop, but I didn't. Why was I not stopping? I soon realized as I was walking by others that I grew a few inches. She was too tall for it to be me. I walked into a diner and went straight towards the restroom. As I was doing so a man stopped me and said “Sir, I think you are going in the wrong one.” What! The man was apparently startled by this. So I went to the men's room and looked in the mirror. What the hell is going on? This figure in front of me was huge. Ok Bella, time to wake up! I started screaming. That woke me up – thank you, thank you, and thank you! Uh – well, no more pills for me. That just brings out the weird dreams.

Hm – so, now I am dreaming about being a huge freaky man. That psychiatrist thing is looking better and better by the minute. My boss thought it might be best for me to take a few days off. I was happy to oblige and after my latest psycho moment it was probably best. After I ate lunch I had a phone call. To my surprise, it was Jessica from high school. I was excited to hear from her although she seemed to be jealous of me. Why, I did not know, but we still talked off and on.

“Hey Bella!”

“Hi Jess!”

“Are you busy this weekend?”

“Um – yeah, actually. I have work. Why?”

“Well, I was thinking about coming back to visit. I thought we could hang out on Friday. But if you’re working, I could come some other time. I'm really missing Forks.”

“Um, if you could wait one more weekend I can see if I can take that weekend off.”

“That would be great. So how have you been lately?”

“I've been good, a little bored since all of you have been gone though. Have you spoken to Angela or Mike at all?”

“Well, I heard that Angela was doing well, but she misses her family. Mike is on the college football team from what I know. Hey, something's come up, can I call you more towards next weekend?”

“Um, sure. Hey Jess – thanks for calling.”

“You’re welcome Bell. Talk to ya soon.”

“Ok, bye Jess.”

“Bye.”

My weekend was over, which was not the worst thing. Time passed too slowly while alone in the house faced with my nightmares, so I was very happy to go back to work. Of course I also needed the money. There was money in the bank, but just enough to cover a few bills in case I got behind. I told my parents that I wanted to do this alone. I didn’t want any handouts. That's when I remembered my dad Charlie arguing with my mom that he didn't like this idea of leaving me alone. My mother of course knew I could handle it –my living with her told her that I could. So she persuaded Charlie by naming the facts,

“No Charlie, Bella is never going to know what it is like to take care of herself if we don't give her the space to let her show us that she can.” That was all it took; he knew better then to argue with her. He was very disgruntled by the fact that after all these years he was alone, he had to face the music now. But in the end he tends to trust her – again. So he just sighed and kissed her forehead. They looked so happy together; I was happy for them.

When I arrived at work that evening I asked my boss if there was a chance that I could get the next weekend off. “I can do that Bella if you tell me that you can work another double shift next Thursday for me.”

“Um, sure.”

“It's just that Nicole will be gone out of town and I thought you might like to catch up on the days you lost.”

“Yes I do need to so yes I will work it.”

“Great, thanks Bella.”

“No problem, oh and thanks for next weekend.”

“You’re welcome.”

Work was a breeze for the rest of the week. Of course the occasional run of the mill trips to the floor and spilling something but good in the average. Tuesday I had off that next week, but I wanted to catch up on the time I lost so I worked that day too. Two more days and Jess would be here, I couldn't wait to see her. Although I had high hopes that there was not going to be any shopping involved, with Jess, shopping was definitely on the agenda. Anyway, hearing what she thought of college was going to be fun. Boys were also going to be a topic, I was sure.

It was Wednesday now and I had work again. While driving to work I felt goose bumps crawling on the back of my neck, I felt like I was being watched. I looked around and saw nothing. Great Bella, here you go with that crazy stuff again! Keep it cool, you don't want another scene at work. Work was the same as any other night, well except for that night last week....We won't talk about that though. Just at work, my boss was calling me “Bella, you have three tables, hun.”

“Thank you.” More and more guests were coming so I was quite busy, always starting with “Hi, my name is Bella, what can I get for you this evening?” That went on for another five tables then two more side by side. I walked to the first table and said the same line. As I was waiting for them to decide I looked at my next table to see how many I had. The same pixie like girl was there again.

This...is...not...happening... I am for sure going to lose my job this time. Keep it together Bells, It's not him with her, there's no way.

“Miss, did you hear me? Are you ok?” My table asked me. I was so not listening to them. This is starting to sound like a broken record. Get it together please.

“Yes I am so sorry what can I get you?”

Chapter Two

Edward

I cannot believe I let Alice pressure me into helping her with the Fall Dance decor. To make up for it, she wanted to take me somewhere. I asked where to and she replied, “I’m not sure yet, but there is a place in the near future.”

“Alice, please tell me what you’re up to?” I asked starting to get annoyed.

“It's a restaurant. Although I’m not seeing clearly of why I’m supposed to take you there yet, but I will.” She replied amused by my stressed face. A restaurant, why on earth would we go to a restaurant? I'm not surprised by her odd behavior, but of all places… “We don't eat human food in case you have forgotten, dear little sister.”

“Edward please give me more credit than that. We’re not simply going for the food. There’s a much bigger picture for us going, I just can't see enough yet.”

“Well I hope it is much more interesting than this dance of yours.” I teased her a little.

“Hey, don't knock my dance or my decor!” she replied immediately.

“Oh how would I go on if I committed such a crime?” I answered back now a little satisfied that she was on temper.

“Edward Cullen, are you trying to hurt my feelings?” she tiptoed in front of me to get on eye level, nose wrinkled, brows knit.

“No of course not sis, I’m sorry Alice.” I surrendered, smiling at her.

“It's ok. I saw that you were just playing with me anyways so there.” She answered, drawing a chuckle. A slow song began to play, I thought about asking Alice to dance.

“Edward, I would love to. Let's go.”

Urgh!! “Alice, couldn't you have at least waited until I actually asked you to dance?”

“What's the fun in that? Besides, I’m bored. I wished Jasper could have come.”

“Alice, you know how hard it is for him to even survive one full day of school.”

“I know I just don't like leaving him behind. I don't know what I would do without him. Speaking of which, someday you will find someone that makes you happy, Edward.” She announced, seeing my reaction in my mind.

“Alice, I don't think you have heard me in the past. No one will ever replace Bella” I replied sourly with a sad edge.

“Oh Edward I know that, it's just that there has to be someone out there to at least make your days brighter. She doesn't have to take Bella's place, just help you survive day to day happy, why not Tanya?” She asked.

“I’m not having this discussion Alice.” I stated. Why can’t she understand?

“You know Edward; I would have loved to of met her. I feel that we would have been very close like sisters.” Alice said, now in thought.

“I don’t doubt that. You’re an exceptional person.” Sarcastically I added. “Who could not love you just the way you are?” rolling my eyes. She gasped poking me in my side. “Hey, I was just kidding with you Alice.” I laughed at her.

“He he he, I know that silly.” She giggled with me then turning to the door.

“Well, it's time, Edward.”

“Oh right a restaurant in which we will not be eating at. This should be fun.” I said with little enthusiasm.

“Hey, all I know is I’m supposed to be taking you there, that's it. So let's go and see what the fuss is over.”

"After you Alice, considering you know the way. By the way, I’m surprised – I couldn’t see anything. I can usually see what you are seeing, but this one is a blur to me.”

“Yeah, it is for me too.” She replied sighing. “All I see is the place and a waitress that is coming to our table.”

After ten minutes we arrived at the restaurant. Pulling up, I realized the name of the restaurant had Bella's name in it. I thought to myself how ironic that was. Not a big shock to me – I was used to having everything remind me of her. Two hundred years have gone by and still no one else will ever come close to her. If this was my punishment for not being able to save my love on that day then I would take it. Living without her for eternity was the worst punishment I could have received. A few seconds went by while I pondered on this. Then I put it in the back of my mind and said “Shall we?” Alice was still frustrated that she couldn’t see anything other then what she saw already. “Alice, I’m sure we will find out soon enough, let us go in and see what this is about.” The hostess was walking us to our table when Alice spoke up and said. “Miss, I’m sorry, but I would like to sit at that table over there if you don't mind.”

“Oh that’s fine, right this way, please.” We sat down and I asked Alice if she saw this and she replied yes.

“So should we order something and make it look good, Alice?”

“Well we should act like we’re on a first date I think. I won't order anything and seem shy and you order a coke or something. Then we will just talk. We might have to endure a few breadsticks.” The thought of having to eat human food made my stomach turn. In her haste Alice said, “The waitress is coming, so act normal.” As if I was not a pro at this already. I just put my head down, not intrigued by this whole thing.

“Oh, that poor girl, she’s very clumsy. Edward you missed that. The waitress just tripped over her own foot!”

“How interesting Alice.” my gaze still facing down at the table.

"Edward, don't be a prune!”

“Hi, my name is Bella. What can I get you to drink?” I froze with my head still down, unable to move. I knew that voice all too well.

“Nothing for me, thank you.” Alice said. Then the waitress turned to me and all I could get out was “I would like a....” Right before she fully turned to me, I caught a glimpse of her face. When she swirled so quickly I caught her scent. I sat straight up, harder than stone. Locked eyes with Alice, I could see through her mind what she was seeing in me. Shock, grief, every emotion played on my face all at once. Alice saw that she had seemed to pass out and caught her, she laid her down on the floor and yelled for someone to come and check to see if she was alright. Then Alice grabbed my hand and led me out the door.

“I’m so sorry Edward, if I would have seen this coming; we would have never come here.” Alice said, shocked about my reaction. It was apparent that Alice had no clue of the magnitude of what had just taken place. On the way home, Alice could see how distraught I was so she called Carlisle to have him meet us at the door. I just couldn't talk nothing was coming out. Nothing made sense. How after all this time is she really here? Does she remember me? I quickly put that to rest. Considering I was not sold on the idea that anyone could be reborn. At this point I think I will have to reconsider.

My Bella was here again, but how is this possible? I could hear Alice explaining what happened to Carlisle, but I could not speak yet. I was frozen in time. I replayed that entire moment in my head, then remembered the way she smelled to me. A human's blood has never smelled this way to me. I could feel that I was starting to lose it, knowing how I wanted to kill her instantly. Her fragrance was overwhelming. Why? How could I, would I hurt her like that? My throat had never felt this much intensity before. What am I going to do? How can I be around her again knowing what my instincts are telling me to do? But – she is my Bella, no doubt. Despair hit me so hard and I broke.

“Edward, please talk to me. Tell me what happened?” Carlisle asked. All I could get out was,

“Carlisle, can we go for a drive alone?” and I stressed the word alone.

“Yes son, let's go.” He simply replied and we both left without another word spoken.

When we finally left the drive way, he sped as fast as he could to get far enough away that no one in our family could hear us. We were about five miles out when I began to speak. “Carlisle, do you remember the story I told you once about what happened to me and Bella?” I trailed off for a moment.

“Yes.” He answered softly, still willing to listen and eager to get an idea of what I was talking about.

“What if I told you that your belief in reincarnation could very well be possible?”

“Edward, forgive me son, but I’m not following.” Carlisle wondered.

“Alice gave you her version of what happened tonight, but it was much more than that. Carlisle, I saw my Bella at that restaurant! I wanted to take her in my arms and never let go, but I froze at the sound of her voice.” Without giving my father a chance to get a word in I started to explain the thirst that had almost killed her.

“Edward, if you feel you must leave us for a while to sort this out with yourself you have my blessing.” Carlisle finally suggested after he thought it through for a while. That was a perfect idea. I had to clear my head before seeing her again. “Will you tell everyone I said Goodbye for now? I don't know how long I will be gone.”

“I can do that, son, you take all the time that you need, ok? I do hope however that you won't be gone long.” He tried reassuring himself.

“I will try”, I said to him. “Carlisle, can you and the family do me a favor?”

“Yes anything son, what is it?”

“Can you look out for her while I am away?”

“Of course we will Edward. Do you know where you will go to?”

“No, not really, but I will call to let you know if Alice doesn't see it first.”

“Do you want me to drive you anywhere?”

“No, you just let me out here. I need some air anyways.” I said since I felt that a good run would help to clear my mind.

“Ok, we will see you soon then son.”

“Goodbye Carlisle.”

“Goodbye son.” He finally said before he drove off.

I ran about three hundred miles. I didn’t want anything to remind of Forks so I could clear my head. When I finally stopped, I was hoping I was close to the Denali's. I wouldn’t be bothered there. I realized I had not reached my destination quite yet. So I stopped and sat down and thought for a while on how I should handle this. This is my Bella I am talking about here so not going back is not an option. I would go back, time is what I needed. Could I go back without harming her? Standing right next to my Bella and knowing that I could control myself with her blood arousing and taunting me. Just thinking of her scent sent me into frenzy at that very moment. This was going to keep me away for a while. Contemplating my next move, I finished my journey to the Denali's. As I arrived I noticed Tanya and her family were at the door waiting for me which told me that Alice had seen where I was headed. Now her vision’s wanted to work properly. I swear her visions sometimes worked backwards.

I spent most of the next few days out running the landscape. My thoughts were running just as fast as my body. Tanya tried to talk to me about what was wrong with me. After all this time she still would not let go of her feelings for me. Although I have made it very clear to her many times that I was not interested. None the less I dealt with her. It was now the next Tuesday and I felt that I had come to the conclusion that I could no longer run from my problems. I loved Bella too much to stay away any longer. This time I could make sure she would stay safe. That was it – I had to go back and keep her safe. Even if my new Bella wanted nothing to do with me, I would keep her safe. I knew how her aroma would affect me now; I was hoping that I could handle it this time around. Maybe getting just close enough to get used to her scent so I could become accustomed to it if that was even possible.
When I arrived back at home my family was waiting for me. Again, Alice must have seen me coming. We sat down as a family at the dining room table where all of our gatherings took place. In the end, I decided to go back to the restaurant and try this again. Alice was unsure of this. I asked her why and she replied, “Well, if you don't recall Edward – she seemed to be just as shocked as you.”

“Yes, I do remember that, now.” How strange that I did not remembered this detail? Now, she had me intrigued. So it was set than: Wednesday, Alice and I would go back. Alice swore that she would try to keep her mind open so she could see what would happen. It was about seven thirty that night when Alice and I had left for Port Angeles to the restaurant. “Edward, try not to be so tense. It will not help your current situation any, you know. I’ll try to break the ice for you if you want my help. All you have to do is ask me.” Seeing her smile and the anticipation she also had for this moment helped a little. We arrived at the restaurant and walked in. Alice asked for a specific area to be seated at of course she saw what section she would have.

“Alice, I’m not seeing anything yet. Have you cleared your mind at all?” She could see how tense I was now so she replied soothingly, trying to let me understand.

“Edward, I don't understand this. I have never had this much trouble trying to see anyone. Maybe it's just her I can't see. But – it’s no science, you know? Please be patient.” I pondered this for a few seconds when I heard Alice telling me that she was at the table behind us. Considering I had already held my breath, I couldn’t smell her coming.

“Alice, how does she seem?”

“Well I was about to say fine except that she just looked my direction, completely stunned and then she looked at me with a little bit of jealousy on her face. Oh how cute – she thinks I’m your girlfriend!”

“Alice, please just let me know when to expect her coming ok?” I was about to become impatient.

"Any moment now, prepare yourself.” Alice replied a few seconds later in a low voice. I hope I can do this. Please let me be able to do this.

After looking over to their table, I realized I was shaking. I could feel my face getting heated. “Is that all the drinks you need?” I said to the present table I was standing at.

“Yes, miss. Thank you.” Stepping back, I pretended I was writing something on my notepad. Knowing full well that my next advance should be to go and get their drink order. I can do this. I reciprocated those words again and again in my head. Don't be silly Bella; just pretend it's another couple sitting there. For a fraction of a second I glanced over to their table and caught a peek of the pixie like girl. My body’s reaction to this was to simply walk away. Ok, that didn't work at all. Now what am I going to do? I started to fill the other customer's drinks as Nicole had come over to me and said “Bella, do you not see the over flowing drinks in front of you?”

“Oh crap!” I broke from my thoughts.

“Is there something wrong?” She asked.

“No, nothing at all really, I-I Just…” Then a thought occurred to me. I pulled Nicole closer to me and asked if she could do me a huge favor.

“Yeah sure, what is it?”

“Well, I don't feel comfortable with two customers that I have. Do you think you could take that table for me and I will take one that you don't want sometime tonight?”

“Well, I suppose I could.” She replied, not knowing what to make of it. Before I knew it, I was overly thanking her.

“Hey Bells, calm down. What did they say or do to you, geez?” she asked solicitously.

“Um, I really don't want to talk about it. But thank you so much – you’re a life saver.”

“Alright – which one is it?”

“They’re at table five. The girl kind of looks pixie like, with short spiky hair.” I pointed.

“Are you kidding me Bella, why on earth would you not want that table?” she asked after she shortly checked them over. I was perplexed at her attitude towards me. “What do you mean, Nicole?”

“That guy is so hot! I will definitely take that table. I think I might order something myself tonight.” She teased.

“Nicole, what on earth are talking about now?” She giggled, “Him to go, please.”

“Nicole!”

“What? Can't a girl dream?” And she was off. She just had to say that one measly word didn't she, dream, which is where all this started from in the first place…

“Miss…miss, Bella was it, right? Can we please get our drinks we ordered?

“I'll be right there, sorry!” I replied automatically – this entire situation is going to ruin my whole night. Bet I don't get a tip from that table. They must think I'm crazy. I kept my eyes on the table I was serving as I took them their drinks. “I’m so sorry it took so long.” I apologized with the typical eyelash playing. Here is where a small white lie comes into play. “The pop dispenser was giving me some problems.” I could tell by the way the man was looking at me that I was still a terrible liar.

“Hey, Bella? Nicole called.

“Yeah?” I said while coming towards her. “What's up?”

“Looks like you’re stuck with Mr. Handsome over there.” She said a little frustrated.

“What! No I can't do it. Why?” I asked her with this strange feeling that you get in your stomach when you get bad news. She shrugged “They asked specifically for you. Have fun, he seems really agitated about something.” Well I guess I had no choice. Ok, breathe Bella, breathe. You can do this. Just walk over there and take charge. Yeah right, that simple, huh. Well here goes nothing.As I walked slowly to their table I realized my palms were sweaty. I pressed them on top of my mini apron and grabbed my note pad and pencil making sure that I was as far away from him as possible and not facing him. I went around their table and faced pixie girl. Looking down, I introduced myself. As if I needed to – it was obvious they knew my name already.

“Um, hi my name is Bella, what can I get for you to drink this evening?” The pixie girl said “Nothing for me, thank you.” I sighed, which sounded a little bit too loud. “And you sir?”

“I will have a coke, please.” As he spoke with that angelic voice I accidently put my pencil out of business. It snapped in half. He spoke once more. “Bella, please call me Edward.”

I burst out something I never should have said. “Is this some kind of sick joke?” facing him now. “You look like him and your name happens to be the same as his too.” At that moment I professed my insanity, realizing what I just said out loud. I buried my face in my hands and took a deep breath and said “I am so sorry sir; I don't know what that was. What I just said, I honestly didn't mean it.” All the while I was hoping to hear his voice one more time. Although he may have some choice words for me given the random outburst I just had towards him.

“Bella, is everything alright here?” My boss asked. I was clueless as to what I should say to him. Well I just went off on some of your customers for no apparent reason so I guess I'm fired Huh. Nope, that won't do. Yep, I’m still clueless. Pixie girl spoke up and said, “No there isn't a problem, Bella here was just exploring her sanity and let me tell you, it was hilarious. Edward, we may have to keep coming here.” Her laughter sounded like chimes.

“Alright then, have a good evening.” He said as he turned back to his place. Pixie girl just saved me from almost losing my job. Great, now I have to apologize and say thank you for saving my butt.

“Again, I am really sorry for all of that and thank you for not getting me fired.”

“Pleasure is all mine Bella.” She answered smiling at me. Wow, did they both have to have such beautiful voices.

“May I introduce you to my sister Alice, Bella?” Pixie girl has a name does she? Wait, did he say sister? Now I seriously felt like a fool.

“Well, it’s nice to meet you, Alice.”

“It’s so nice to meet you as well.” The angelic voice said.

“So, you don’t seem to be a good liar Bella.” Edward stated as one side of his mouth creased almost into a smile. Oh, how I would love to hear him say my name like that all time.

“Well, no not really. “I confessed.

“Would you care to explain what you meant by ‘I look like him and have the same name as him, please?” He asked the dangerous question. I was stunned. All I could come up with was...“I’d rather not talk about it, if you don't mind.” My heart melted as I gallingly gazed into his brilliant eyes. “I can accept that answer – for now.” He said as his eyes were melting all the way to my core right then. I was utterly speechless. Clearing my throat, I managed to get out, “Is there anything I can get you for dinner, besides the drinks I still haven't brought you?” I asked them while looking embarrassed.

“No thank you” Edward stated.

“Alright, I’ll be back in a moment with your drink sir, I mean Edward. Sorry it's a forced habit.” He just smiled as though he was seeing something that he had lost, sort of a puppy dog look. I walked away looking to make sure I didn’t have any other tables besides the two I had already. I was relieved to see that I only had the two. I was hoping this would be a slow night as opposed to wanting many when I started earlier this evening. Time to think is what I needed now. My first table’s food was up. Please do not let me drop this in front of him. Yes, I made without a problem. “Here you are sir, one T-bone with baked potato and no veggies and for you a wonderful grilled chicken breast with asparagus and no potato. Is there anything else I can get you?” What was that? Wonderful grilled chicken breast. Huh, I must be on a natural high. Too much excitement for one evening I think.

"No, that will be all, thank you.”

“Bella, you can take your break if you want, we're really slow.” My boss said.

“Um, Nicole can take hers if she wants. I’ll take mine in a bit.”

“Bella, you’re off in an hour and a half. If you want to wait for yours, you might as well just punch out after your last table leaves.” He suggested then.

“Are you sure?” I asked back, surprised.

“Yeah, just do that. I don't think I'll need you both here considering how slow it is tonight.” I was ecstatic to hear those words. Well, I better go and see if Edward and pixie girl, oh I mean Alice need anything else.

"Is there anything else I can do for you tonight?” I asked them.

“No, no thank you”, he said. “We were just leaving.” Without thinking first, I said. “Will we see you two again soon?” He stood up and faced me and said, “I wouldn't miss it for the world, my sweet Bella.” My body couldn't withstand the sensation that went through me when he spoke to me with that voice. Next thing I knew, he was holding me up. My legs were buckling beneath me.

“Are you alright Bella?” he asked me.

“Um, yeah, I think so.” I could feel how perfectly his hand held the small part of my back as he held his other hand behind my head. It felt like we just finished dancing the way he cradled me in his arms. The sweet smell of his skin took my breath away. I knew that was not any cologne I had ever smelled. He looked deep into my eyes and said, “Bella, are you sure that you are alright?” with a hint of a smile on his face.

“Yes, I'm fine – why?”

“Well, you don't seem to want to move at all so I started to think you didn’t want to leave my arms.”

He smiled.

“Oh, I am so sorry.” I shot up quickly after he stated the obvious, blushing.

"No need to be sorry, Bella.” He whispered in my ear softly and added, “Truth be told, I didn’t want you to leave my arms.” I whispered back “Will I see you again?” He replied, “I will be here tomorrow night and each and every night after, that is of course if you want me too.” I think I barely whispered

“Yes, please.”

“No need to beg, Bella. I am more than willing to oblige. I will see you tomorrow then.”

“Um, yes.” The school girl in me couldn’t say much else.

“Goodbye, Bella.”

"Goodbye, Edward.” As he turned away, my body went into a frenzy of sorts. I couldn't comprehend the way I was reacting. Very quickly, I had another face in front of me.

“Bella, I think we are going to become close friends one of these days. Don't you want to see me again too?” Alice asked me clearly teasing. I couldn't turn down that sad look on her face and said,

“Yes Alice, I would also like to see you again.” I felt that her assumption was correct. I could see how we could be good friends although she didn't seem to be anything like me, but I could still see it.

“Great, I'll see you tomorrow then.” She replied with excitement in her eyes, grinning wide.

“Alice?” Edward called her.

“Yes, Edward?”

“I’m going solo tomorrow night.” He stopped her.

“That's not fair Edward, she likes me too!” she replied, sulking.

“You can come with me on Friday, ok?”

“I'll take what I can I suppose.” Alice replied with a sigh.

“Oh shoot.” I said, before I realized I said it out loud.

“What is it?” Edward asked me. “I just remembered something. I really hate to say this, but I have to

work a double shift tomorrow night which means I probably won't be able to chit chat with you much. And Friday I have a high school friend that is visiting from college coming that I made plans with. So if it's alright with the both of you, can we make plans on Saturday instead?” I explained.

“Bella, you don’t have to make excuses, if you don't really want us around. We will stay away if that is what you want.”

“No, that's really not it at all. I really don't want you wasting your time coming here tomorrow if I won't have time to talk to you. I really did make plans already for Friday and I would hate to break them considering she is coming from out of state.”

“Here’s my cell number.” Edward then replied, sounding released. “Why don't you call when it is most convenient for you? We can talk about Saturday.”

“Um, ok.”

“I hope to hear from you soon.”

“And you will.” Oh, that was just stupid of me. How lame could I be! “I guess this is good bye then.”

“Yes, goodbye Bella.” And then they were gone. I heard someone clearing his throat behind me. When I turned my boss was standing there. With a big grin, he smiled up at me and said, “Your table has now left my lady. You may now leave as well and kiss your prince.” His laughter filled the room. I blushed with irritation and embarrassment and then asked. “Did you hear everything?”

“Just the tail end of it. I'm sorry for eavesdropping, but I have never seen you so love stricken before. It was kind of comical in a way.”

“Oh, is that supposed to make me feel better?” I asked, upset.

“I'm sorry Bella; I was just trying to get a rise out of you, my mistake.” He surrendered. Huh, I just told my boss off and he was telling me he was sorry. What is happening to me? My whole world has turned upside down, or in this case I think it might be safe to say right side up.

“Go home Bella, it's getting late.” He finally said while getting back into the restaurant. Alright, so I punched out and trickled to my truck. In awe of the night’s events that had unfolded around me, I spit out a laugh when I thought of this. My dreams have become reality and my reality has become my dreams. This is going to be very.... complicated.

Please Comment...Thank you, D :)

Views: 7645

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Delilah,

Still absolutely loving the story. Good job, especially with incorporating facts and other little bits of information about the more mythical sides of things. I am loving this story, and as always you have left it on a cliff hanger. Please post more as soon as you can. Can't wait! :D

Twi x

Reminder;

It's been awhile since my last update. I would encourage everyone to reread my last post before continuing on so you can better remember what happened last.

Also, I would like to remind of everyone that this story was my very first and that it has never really been edited properly so I am sorry for any mistakes that you see. I do hope it is still readable.

Happy Reading! Delilah...

Chapter Twenty Three

Carlisle

When we returned from the hunting, Esme went to the kitchen, doing some cleaning – this always helped her to relax and to distract her from thinking about other things. Alice was back at Jaspers lap in an instant, and they started where they stopped – it was sweet to see how much they loved each other, how careful Jasper was caressing her, as if she was made of glass, breakable by the slightest touch. Her giggling was filling the house, and I was smiling, enjoying this carefree love too. Edward came downstairs, hand in hand with Bella, giggling too. Bella had a slightly colored face, as if they had some private moments, and she was radiating such a joy, love and self-confidence – I felt immediately as if I would go to offer any support she might ask for myself. She was more and more what we expected her to become – a lovely beautiful Queen, worth the trust in her, and trusted in her judgments. I felt growing admirations – but then as well I remembered the tricky part, that I need to speak with her about Edward.

“Edward, Bella, I need to go to the hospital for about an hour, I will return soon.” I greeted them. “Edward, if you do not mind, I would like to take Bella to my office unnoticed, to take some blood tests.” I knew Edward would understand my asking, the scientific part of me always wanted more information about our kind.

“That is fine Carlisle; we will both come with you.” He replied.

“Son, I was hoping that you would stay here and play host to our guests until we arrived back.” I asked, trying not to let him see the real reason for the asking. Uncomfortably, he agreed with me that he should stay here.

I ensured him that Bella would be alright in my care. “Edward, I will take care of her, do not worry yourself.”

Bella made the decision for him then: “Edward, I do not like this, but I have to admit that I am curious about the outcome. Please ask them in the meantime – my little prince!” she giggled and blushed. Edward then laughed as well, sighed, but gave Bella a kiss and we then left through the front door.

When I knew that we were far enough away, I began asking Bella if we could talk on the way there.

“Of course Carlisle, what would you like to talk about?” She asked curiously.

“Well, when you were upstairs, sleeping, our guests and I had an idea and we were wondering if you would like to help. Temujin thought that if we were to have the Werewolves that will be coming soon, act as though they would harm you away from our home, then we would maybe see if Edward could contact Emmett and Jasper only through his new ability. If it works then we would know that he can send to specific ones farther away, rather than doing his broadcasting to all of us” I explained the whole plan we discussed, and what she should do, or rather not do, and I mentioned even the idea from Hildr about her fake blackout.

First she was shocked, but when I was there, she giggled about the thought.

“He will be upset about this you know.” Bella answered agitated.

I slumped in my seat when she said this, because I knew it to be true. “Yes Bella, I know, but it is the only way to test his ability and he will forgive me and you for this.”

“I am sure he will, but I don’t understand why you need me on this.”

“Well, with your ability to stone, we were hoping you would not stone the werewolves, considering that you do know about this and we thought it best that you knew either way because you are new to our world. When you smell their scent, with all of this being so new to you, we did not want you to try to attack them, considering they are our friends and just wanting to help with this.”

Bella sighed, but after a few seconds she agreed “Ok Carlisle, if it will help Edward … and well, I can see that it will help the two of us too” she then giggled – and I mentally agreed; the juicy thoughts Edward broadcasted had been a bit too detailed lately…

“Oh, but I stopped him, didn’t I?” Bella asked – stupid doctor, I forgot that she will get my thoughts…

“Ugh, yes, there was nothing, sorry for thinking about it”

“It’s all right – this bothers me too, trust me” she giggled, “– the sooner he will be able to control this, the sooner we can…” she blushed, and switched the conversation “Err - are you really going to take some blood from me?” Bella asked in worry.

I was laughing a little at this statement, considering that she was a vampire now, she looked as though she wanted to pass out just from the thought of it.

“Yes Bella, just a small amount, I promise. I am sure you will find that the sight of blood will probably not bother you as it once had.”

“Uhm – we will see about that. “She answered and was quiet for the rest of our drive.

When we pulled back into the driveway of the house, Bella still could not believe that the sight of her own blood did not bother her anymore. I smiled at her when I remembered to tell her that we needed her to make sure Edward did not take his phone with them when Esme will ask them to go to the old house. She of course agreed to it. Pulling up to the front of the house now we could see Edward standing at the bay windows waiting. Bella went straight to him with a wide smile, kissed him softly on his cheek while Edward was swirling her around, happy to have her back. Alice, still at Jaspers lap, asked Edward if he could lend her his cellphone, hers was dead and she wanted to order something for the renovation. “Here you go, sis” Edward just said when he handed it over, his eyes still locked with Bella’s, both already on their way to the stairs.

After we were back, Edward and Bella went straight up to their room, but Esme followed them, I heard her at their room: “Edward, Bella, may I come in for a brief moment please?” she asked softly.

There were about 20 werewolves, circling around Bella – I felt as if I was frozen, my mind went empty in an instant. I quickly picked up my cell phone, hit speed dial for Emmett – and nothing happened, the mobile had no power. WHAT! How could this happen?! I was panicking…

Bella

When Carlisle asked me if I would support him with the test for Edward, I was shocked at first. I would betray Edward, my love? Then I understood why they had to do this; this broadcasting stuff was bothering everyone and I knew it had the potential to harm them in some way in the future, so I finally agreed to do this. Not at least I saw while we spoke about that what Carlisle had seen from Edwards broadcasting, and I was a bit embarrassed to say the least. It was apparent that when I slept, Edward was showing them personal things of us and this I did not like. I remembered as well the last scene just a few moments ago – I dreamt about Edward; his hands caressing my entire body, one hand wandering up and down my spine, one hand at my arm, tickling along up and down, going to my chest, downward to my belly… and then he entered our room, came to the bed, and I felt the warmth from my dream, the kismet pull he had on me that I neither could nor would resist, that was like a river that flows strong into the direction he wanted it to go. We kissed each other with such a passion; his eyes and that smile could put me into such a peacefulness that I would have never believed anything like it could be possible. The way his fingers lightly touched me, caressing my entire body, feeling his breath shake deeply onto my skin with so much intensity, made me want him so much more – and then I saw that he was anxious to broadcast this again. I sighed – yes, this broadcasting had to stop if we ever want to have private moments…

Alice, being as clever as she was, took care of Edward’s cell phone. She replaced his battery with a dead one. Nice move!

When Esme came to our room I knew I had to play my part. At first I did not think that Edward would buy the whole measurement thing, but to our surprise he did. I saw that in his mind he had other plans with me, and as much as I wanted the same as him, we had to see if this experiment would work. I had no doubt that Edward could do what Carlisle and the elders were hoping he could do. Somehow, his gift did something close to what I could do with the ancients– I was able to reach them, to somehow “talk” to them, even if I did not know how I did it. I was absolutely sure that it would all work itself out, I mean why have a gift if it is no use to you, right.

As we drove in silence, I began looking out the window, absentmindedly thinking about how everyone said I took this new me so easily. Why is this so different for me then it was for all of them? I knew they all thought I was supposed to be this, calling to them, rule somehow, but I still felt like plain old me. I wondered why, about all of it. I wondered about all those differences to vampires they had shown me: Why I did not get hungry, why I still had a heartbeat, why I had kind of human blood still coursing through my veins, and why I could still cry and why I was still able to sleep although it was not like a human, but still. None of this made sense to me.

We then arrived at Edward’s destination in the forest. As we started running, I felt the lightness, the carefree joy of the simple being, I had only a faded memory of the human run I had with Edward, but this running now was exhilarating-great. I laughed when I passed Edward; my laughter filled the forest with such a presence, that even I was amazed by it. The look on Edward’s face when I passed him was priceless, he was obviously not happy that I was faster than him. Then I heard his own laughter behind me a ways, so I knew he was still enjoying this.

Shortly after I passed him up, I smelt an odd odor- thanks to Carlisle’s instructions, I knew what to expect and I ran straight to the old house- and there they were.

First, I felt myself crunch in a strange position then quickly retracted my stance, remembering they were here to help my Edward. Then as I looked at all of them, I was in shock- wow, they were huge! I had forgotten that my emotions are what triggered the stoning; I realized that they were not moving- I froze them. Oops! Thank god, I instantly remembered how to stop it so they were free again.

All of a sudden I could hear many people talking at once; I soon noticed that it was the werewolves that I could hear. I…could read their minds too! I could hear them expressing how beautiful I was, how in awe they were of me. I had to get them back on track somehow before Edward showed up; maybe he could read their minds too. Clearing my throat a little, I said.

“Guys, you are supposed to be attacking me, not checking me out.”

I could hear them laughing in their thoughts. Then the apologies came after. There had to have been at least twenty of them circled around me, but I did not feel afraid of them for some reason. They all began growling at me, following through with their orders as discussed earlier. Oh ok, my part then- I screamed.

Edward came into the clearing in front of the house – and I almost stopped this charade when I saw his face, full with pain and sorrow, panicking even when he was aware of his empty mobile.

I felt so sorry for him, but how could I help him if not this way?

“Edward, stay away! Do not risk anything” I yelled at him, I watched the wolves carefully for any signs that they would go off course and try to attack Edward. They did not like having two of us so close to one another. One had said how much fun it would be to tear into him. What…!? Instantly I went into defensive mode saying, “I dare you to come one inch closer to him and it will be your last move!” They all howled in panic, their thoughts were searching for a threat besides Edward and me. Realizing that I just “thought” the last sentence, I wondered if they had heard that. I decided to ask them in my thoughts if they could hear me.

“Werewolves, this is Bella, the one right between you. Can you hear what I am saying to you?”

All wolves’ eyes were on me in that moment, stopping their circling; their thoughts were confused about what just happened. They seemed lost by this a bit, I heard them calling for- a Marrock? To calm them enough to finish our plan, I spoke to them one more time, but although one of the strays in the pack said something out of context, I still felt as they were my friends or soon will be. How can they hear me? There must be something behind this phenomenon. But – now was not the time to wonder about that…

“Guys, please, can we just finish our duties and then try to act rational when this is finished? We need to bring some action on this…”

“Are you sure you’re a vampire?” I heard one of them ask me.

“Afterwards please” I simply stated, I wanted this to be done. They began circling me again, and growling, one even leaped towards me and with that I knew Edward would get furious. I then started to motivate him a bit more.

“Edward, I cannot freeze them! Please stay there- try to get some help!” I yelled to him.

I had no choice but to stop him as he was coming straight towards us. I could see that he tried to use his cell, but thanks to Alice he would not be able to. To make him try to use his gift sooner, I told the wolves to get a bit more aggressive towards me, I began crying for help…

Edward

This view was terrifying – all these huge wolves and my cell was out! My hand was shaking with my cell – damn Alice, she used up the entire battery! Think Edward, THINK! How can you help? I was not leaving her alone here with these monsters to get help, no way. Maybe I could calm them down enough to try and talk to them? No they are wolves, they will not discuss with us. Bella told me to stay back and that she could not freeze them. Why couldn’t she, if she could to us? Panic hit my whole body, even with Bella being so strong I did not think we had a chance to win this alone but if I was going to lose my Bella again, I would make sure I would leave this world right alongside her; I could not bear to be without her again. I started to go to her, to be by her side, when she yelled out to get help once more. No…I was not leaving her!

Then I thought about what I did with Alice earlier, could I do it from a distance, would I be able to get in touch with Emmett and Jasper from here? At this point, it was my only option to at least try it and if it failed then…well we would leave this world together.

I thought about my brothers and pictured their faces in my mind, I screamed to them with everything I had, hoping this would work.

“EMMETT! I NEED HELP! AT BELLA’S OLD HOUSE! WEREWOLVES ARE ATTACKING!” I repeated this, but felt ridiculous doing so- it must have looked very strange- standing there, looking with a stern glance at the circling wolves. I must have looked weak in their minds, not trying to help her, but if I were to go into that circle, I knew we would be killed even quicker. By my standing in a far distance must show them that we do not want to fight them nor did we have any intention on doing so. My body was riddled with emotions; I began begging them to please not hurt her. I fell to my knees begging them to not take her from me again.

“PLEASE, LEAVE HER BE, SHE HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING TO DESERVE THIS.” I CANNOT LIVE ON THIS EARTH WITHOUT HER.”

From the other side of the clearing, I heard a familiar voice.

When I looked up, I saw that all the wolves backed away from Bella. Did they have mercy on us after all, I thought. Wait… Carlisle? What is Carlisle doing here? Bella and Carlisle reached me at once, lifting me from the ground, where I begged for her life.

“Edward! I am so sorry; I did not want it to take this long.

My eyes locked on Bella’s, what did she mean by this?

“Son, I know your emotions are at a loss right now, but we do need to explain something to you.”
He was right about that, I was at a loss.

“Son, you just passed your test, we had no other choice but to do it this way. If you knew what we would have done, it might have not worked. “Carlisle explained.

I was not at a loss now, now I was angry.

“What…are…you…saying…to…me?” I said under my breath.

“Edward, when you sent the message to Emmett and Jasper, it worked. If this works by your emotions as it has clearly shown that it does, we could not have tested you properly if you had the knowledge beforehand. Do you understand?”

“I understand completely!” I yelled. “How could you put me through that? Why would you?”

The hurt in Edward’s eyes told me that he may not forgive as easily as Carlisle had thought…

“Bella, how could you do this to me?” I bellowed out.

Chapter Twenty Four

“Edward, I did not want to, but there was no other choice. If you would have known all along, they thought it wouldn’t work, but honey, you did it, you were able to reach Emmett and Jasper from here with your thoughts!” Bella said obviously proud of me.

Even if their plan worked, I still did not like being kept in the dark like this. Just then, a man came up to me with his hand held out in a gesture to shake mine. He was no vampire though, he was a…werewolf. I immediately hissed at him in a crouching position. I was surprised by his willingness to stay in his stance, waiting for me to shake. Bella and Carlisle stood in front of me, explaining quickly that he was our friend and no danger to me. With a smile on his face waiting patiently for me to calm down, I understood that they were keeping me from him for a reason. I had no apparent reason to react in this manner towards Carlisle’s friend just because I was tricked for a very good reason. I sighed – first the ancients, now werewolves that were introduced as friends – what next? Bella turned her head towards me and said.

“Edward – you made a huge step forward into controlling the broadcasting, to use it at your will. Beside this - just think about it, now you might be able to control it, even to block it, which means that we can be truly alone…just the two of us…” she smiled, her eyes beaming with delight.

If what she said could not put me on the straight and narrow, nothing would. I calmed down quickly, reminding myself why they all did this – for my benefit. I closed my eyes and relaxed, whispering to Bella.

“Love, it is alright now, thank you for helping me.” She turned swiftly in excitement.

“Edward Mason Cullen, did you just thank me?” She asked with her hands on her hips and a smile to go along with it, head tilted a bit to her right.

“Well, yes, I suppose I did, why?” I spoke with my hands in my pockets and head lowered, but with my eyes never leaving hers.

“Here we were worried that you would not forgive us for keeping you in the dark.”

“I am not that self-absorbed that I cannot see that it was for my own good.” I sighed – I was still not fully over it, but I knew I would soon – and Bella would help me…..

“That is great news!” she said while throwing herself into my arms.

I heard someone clearing their throat in amusement, so we pulled ourselves from one another, just noticing that we had a crowd watching us.

“How about that hand shake Edward?” The man said.

“And you are?” I asked.

“The name is…Vidal.” He said.

Finally reaching my hand out in acknowledgement I said “Ah – that Vidal! Of course – who else? It is nice to meet you Vidal and thank you as well for the help.”

“Oh you are very welcome Edward, and you, it is nice to finally meet you as well Bella.” He answered, smiling at her while he held out his hand for her too.

When Bella shook his hand, Vidal gasped for air and I simultaneously reacted with much force as if he attacked Bella. I did not get very far when the other werewolves confronted me in the same manner. Bella jumped in the middle of it all.

“Bella, move before you get hurt”, I growled. But - the wolves calmed down before I finished my sentence. With one hand against me and one towards them she said calmly.

“Please, you have to understand our past to know why he is reacting so harshly to all of you.”

Then, it seemed we all had a moment of silence; for what, I do not know. I began to see what they saw in their minds and I gasped myself. Bella…my Bella was able speak to them in her mind, but how is this possible? Why can she do this with…them, but not me? I was beginning to get jealous when I saw the deep emotions she had about what she was telling them. For a split second, a thought had occurred to me. I could not read her mind, but through others, I could see what she was saying. This was not so bad then, but still, I wished I could read her mind instead.

In that moment, we all froze but not from Bella this time, it was because all the wolves bowed their head and said they understood, also that they were sorry for everything that has happened. These… wolves are our natural enemies, why would they bow to a vampire?

I was puzzled; Bella has a way somehow of changing everything that surrounds her, but again though, this should not be happening in any case. In their minds, they began asking her if they could come to forward to greet her appropriately, showing their respect, shaking hands to see that she was real.

One that was blonde with piercing Blue Ocean eyes came forward and asked if he could.

“May I please kiss the hand of the one that will forever change how we see vampires? If that truly is what you are?” He stated this one with a soft giggle. Bella just smiled at him, holding her hand out for him.

One by one, they came to her and one by one they kissed her delicate hand, with the upmost apologies. The strangest thing was when each of them touched her, they all gasped. Vidal came to her last and asked if he could also have the pleasure to kiss her hand. I could not hold my question any longer, I felt it was about to burst right out of me with not being able to stop. I cleared my throat, allowing them to understand that I wanted to say something. Carlisle was the one that spoke.

“What is it son?”

“I want to know why, why all of them gasped when they touched her hand.”

“Vidal, you can answer this I hope, I am curious myself as well.” Carlisle stated.

Before Vidal could answer, Temujin, being incredibly quiet throughout all of this, spoke first.

“I would like to answer this, if I may. I just want to see if what I felt when this had taken place, is in fact what I felt from Bella.”

“Please do my friend”, Carlisle said.

“Well, to begin, I would like to say that not only can she allow us, the elders to see or sense anything that is wrong, she can also allow us to see what is good as well. I may remind you all that this is a new development, if I am correct that is.” Temujin said with a smile.

“When Vidal touched Bella, a…current, if you will, ran through me with a sense of attachment.”

“I am not following you, Temujin.” I pointed out.

“You see, young lad. Peace has come to this little corner of the earth. Bella and the wolves are somehow connected in such a way that I was not able to comprehend at first. It is clear to me that this get together was meant to happen as your family becoming a family was meant to be as well, Edward.”

“Wait…hm, so you are saying that we are not natural enemies to these…wolves?” Carlisle politely asked.

“We were until now; this is why they all gasped. You see, once they touched her, they felt nothing but purity, kindness, forgiveness, strength, endurance, and much more. Our world that we have known for so long has already began to change, in this very moment.” explained Temujin, now speaking as well to the werewolves as to us.

“So…they…do…not…question, any of this?” I stressed out.

“If you don’t mind, I would like to answer this one?” Vidal interrupted.

“Oh, I am very sorry for taking over, Vidal, please go on.” Temujin said.

“Edward, Carlisle, she is not becoming our leader in any way, but we have just experienced the most amazing thing ever. Bella has shown us that we can co-exist with one another. However, I do believe that there will be some that do not want this at all for either side, so we should be prepared for trouble still at any time. But from our side, as I can speak for Europe as well as for my counterpart here in North America, we are willing to learn, to trust.”

“You say she has just shown you that we can co-exist, how exactly do you mean?” I asked curiously.

“When we…touched her” he said with a smile looking at Bella, “we connected, hm more like bonded as one in that moment. Do you understand what I mean? It is really hard to explain…” he said, searching for the right words. “Wait…hm, you can see what we see, right? “ Vidal then asked.

“Well yes, except Bella’s, I can read almost all minds, yours as well. “

“Hm, then did you not pay attention as to how we felt when we touched her?”

“Hm, I am sorry about that, I usually do, but there were many things that have happened here today, so I was a bit distracted” I explained.

“Okay then, I can show you, that is if Bella will allow me to hold her hand once more.” Vidal said, waiting for Bella’s approval.

“If it helps Edward, I will do it.” Bella said with a grin, holding her hand once more in front of her.

Vidal asked if I was ready and I of course said yes. I was anxious to see this first hand myself, and not seeing this before had me wondering if I was losing my touch.

“Well, I am sorry Edward, but I don’t think that you have to worry” Bella said, trying to cover her smile.

Urgh – Bella read my mind; this I still had to get used to, I was used to hearing everyone else, not the other way around. I motioned for Vidal to go ahead then. As he did so, I saw clearly what he meant. It was like absolution, the stars meet the night, it is a match, or a natural force within. As he still held her hand, I could feel the love he had for her, of course not the way I felt for her but a love of respect. I wondered if this force they shared would be shared by others, by everything that touched her.

“Edward Mason Cullen! I am not a goddess, geez!” Bella expressed while rolling her eyes.

“My lady, I do believe you are as close to one as we will ever see with our own eyes.” Temujin stated proudly.

Bella had no words to say then. Myself I knew it to be true, I am witnessing something that is unworldly and I do not believe that we have even touched the surface of it all yet. Funny, that whole unworldly thing, I thought, to humans we are considered unworldly ourselves.

“Yeah, tell me about it.” Bella countered.

Damn, I really have to try to remember that she can do this.

“Haha, yes I think so, sweetie.” Bella chided.

Hm, this is getting really strange, even for me.

“I hate to break the fun here everyone but maybe we should congregate back at the house with the others?” Carlisle said.

Everyone began leaving, when Bella said that we should really get those measurements for Esme.

“Love we can get them another time, I am sure Esme will understand.” I replied.

“Well, actually I really wanted to go see the house again and try to remember more about my family.”

This reminded me about an open task. “Hm, Bella, I want to ask you something. Do you mind?”

“No, what is it?” She asked.

“Is that the only family you remember?”

“What? Well yes, why would you ask me that?” She said in confusion.

So, I was almost right then – I wanted to solve this now. “Carlisle, why don’t you take everyone back home, I need to speak to Bella about something, we will be back shortly.”

“Alright Edward, it is for the best that you discuss this now. See you both when you return home and safe.” Carlisle answered – we had already discussed that we need to deal with Bella’s family soon.

“Do not worry Carlisle; I will call if something happens.”

“Oh, that reminds me – here is a Sorry from Alice” Carlisle said while he handed me a new battery. “She said this is fully loaded this time” he smiled. “Well then after you Temujin.”

“Yes, bye to you both, and try to remember Edward that we are as well friends of you and Bella too. If anything was to happen, we want to know as well. Vidal said before he entered his huge SUV and drove away as well.

“Edward, I am a bit nervous now, what is it that you need to talk to me about?” Bella asked, unsure of what to expect.

Loved it. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Love it, D! Til next time. :)

LOVE IT!!!!

--KITKAT

loved it glad the test worked can't wait to see what happens next post more soon
Love it like always!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its so good that Edward pasted the test!!!!!!! Ohhh I wonder what Edward is going to ask?!?!?!?!?" Thanks you for the update!!!!!! I can't wait for more!!!!!!! Please write soon!!!!!!! :)

Love it!  you are a wonderful writer!  I can't wait to read your next update!

Hi Delilah,

Another great chapter! Interesting inclusion of the wolves there. I find this whole story line very captivating. Can't wait to see what happens next. Please keep posting as soon as you can!

Twi x

please write more and if you want to you can e-mail me on facebook to tell me that updated this story all of your story.
if you need to take time out from your stories we'll wait you need to take time out the site for you spend time with your family and when you fill rested then come back to the site and do your stories I when you to finish all of your stories and not somebody else this is something I would tell my own mom and please don't do the the something like my mom who does not listen to me she does not listen to me even though I'm always right all the time.

please write more

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service