The Twilight Saga

This is the sequel to my story about Renesmee and Jacob, called "Finding Myself". If you haven't read that one first, then you might want to do that. You can find it here:

http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/findin...

If you have read it, or you want to read this one without reading my other story first, just go ahead :)
It's about Nessie and Jacob's daughter, Elizabeth (Ellie), and everything is going on about 16 years after the ending of "Finding Myself". Please read and comment :)

"Elizabeth's Story"

Preface

As I ran through the rain I couldn't help but to look back at the darkness I had left behind me, the black abyss my life there had ended in. The regret I felt bubbling to the surface made my eyes sting and my chest hurt, and made a voice scream in the back of my head, begging for me to turn around. But it was to late now. There was no going back. All I could do now was run. Run until my body couldn't take any more pain. There was no way for me to live without what I left behind. All I could hope for now was an easy, pain free ending. That was all I could wished for, the tiny string of hope my life was dangling from.

Chapter 1, The Beginning (Ellie's point of view)

I looked up at the school building with a sigh. When I had dreamed of high school as a kid, this wasn't exactly how I had pictured it to be. However, this school had been part of the compromise between my parents and I. Ever since I was very young I had always been surrounded by my family, never left alone for one second. I had been home schooled all the way up until recently, and I had very seldom been around anyone my own age. Of course I knew the reason behind my overprotected childhood. It was something I could never forget, not even if my life stretched on into eternity. Everything was rooted at the start of my life, with the first sharp and vivid memory I ever made. The memory was not pleasant nor good, yet it was where everything began. I still wake up at night, drenched in sweat, seeing the red eyes of the monsters that took me. I remember everything about that day so clearly, even though I was just a baby when it happened. It was the first time I used my gift, the first time I felt guilty about anything, and the first time my entire family risked their lives to save me. So the reason behind me going to this school was clear, and I would have to accept it.

When I told my parents about my dream of going to a normal high school, I had gotten a blank no at first. I tried to persuade them into letting me go by myself, but they had insisted that if I was going to start at a normal high school, they would go there with me. Going to high school was something I wanted to do alone, something I could do to show them that I knew how to take care of myself, and that I wasn't a kid any more. In the end both my mom and dad had agreed to settle for a compromise. I could go to high school without them, if they got to choose the school for me. I though I would have been happy with what ever school they chose for me, pleased as long as I could do something on my own, but that was before I saw what they had picked. They had chosen one of the most secure and guarded private schools in our area, with only a few hundred pupils. The test you had to take to get in was hard and demanding, and the school went through a strict background check before you were accepted. Everything was structured, every day felt almost the same, and every teacher taught the same way. The high school I had been dreaming of had become something I dreaded, but I would take it as long as it meant I could be normal just for a little while.

And with the private school came the school uniform. I didn't really mind that part. Actually, it was the one part I really liked about the school. It allowed me to blend in and be like every one else for a few hours five days a week. Alice on the other hand hated the uniform. She had made a few adjustments to the black skirt and made a few changes to the white blouse, and she had told me that she forced herself to make the best of it. She had bough me new stockings that reached me to above the knee instead of the short, normal ones that everyone else had, and she had made the small bow around my neck a bit more delicate. I didn't understand the meaning behind it, but as long as it made her happy I would let her fix whatever she wanted.

“I'll be here to pick you up as soon as school's over, and just call me if there is anything you need,” my mom said, her voice filled with the normal concern. She drove me to school every day, and picked me up when I was done. “I know mom. I know,” I sighed as I stepped out of her car. She was always so overprotecting, yet I never complained about it. I owed my parents everything. If they hadn't been willing to risk everything to rescue me from the Volturi, god knows how my life had turned out. I waited a second with the door open, tempted to get back in again. “Love you mom,” I said, and smiled. She returned my smile, and I shut the car door. I took another look at the school building, and started walking reluctantly up the hill towards it.

“Hey Ellie!” someone shout from the bottom of the hill. I was standing by the school gates as I turned around to see who it was. My best friend, Allison, was running up the hill towards me, almost smashing into the other students on her way. She had clearly been the one who called out for me. Even though she was my best friend, we had never done anything outside of school. I never really did anything with people my own age. Not that I had never been asked. I had been invited to movies and parties many times, but turned down just as many. I didn't want anyone to get involved in my life any more than they had to. It was to dangerous. I was to dangerous. What if I got to attached to anybody? What would I do when they eventually died, and I would live forever? What if someone's blood became to tempting for me to resist? The vampire part of me had grown stronger as I became older, and even though I was only a quarter of a vampire, the smell of the blood pulsing through the veins of people around me always made my throat burn. At school I could handle it, and it wasn't a big problem, but I feared what I would do if the temptation became to large, or the burning got to intense.

“So, have you heard?” Allison said breathlessly as she reached me. Her face was flushed from running, and she smiled like she always did. “Heard what?” I asked her as we walked through the gates. She seemed even more excited today than she usually did, so there had to be something happening. “Really, you haven't heard? We talked about it yesterday, and the day before. Geez, you got to pay attention El.” She looked shocked. I loved my friend to death, but sometimes she was a little to intense. I tried to smile apologetically to her, and put on my cutest face. “Well, the new guy of course. He's starting today! I can't wait to see how he looks like. Hope his hot,” she gushed. She was always looking for the hottest guy around, so of course she would be eager to see this new arrival. She kept going on and on about all the rumors she had heard about him, and her plan to make him fall hopelessly in love with her, if he looked good enough. Even before anyone had seen him, he had a reputation. Maybe this day wouldn't be so boring after all. Maybe someone new and unknown was what this school needed to become a little less dreadful.

The three first periods went like they always did. Fist there was a quiz, then two hours of independent study. I didn't get to much done in those two hours though. Allison kept sending me notes, updating me on the latest rumors flying around. So far she knew that he was eighteen, and he was in the class above us. He had been living all over the world, and his father was a well known photographer. He had been home schooled a lot just like I had, and this was his first time going to high school. His mother had apparently died a long time ago, but Allison didn't know why or when. “Psst, El, Brittany just said she saw someone arrive at a motorcycle, and she'd never seen him before,” Allison said. Her face was lit up, and she was nearly jumping in her seat. I looked at my clock, and saw that it was almost time for lunch. Our independent studies were supervised by Ms. Miller, and she was one of the more layed back teachers. She probably wouldn't mind if we left a few minutes early. “Then let's go Ally,” I whispered back, and looked over my shoulder. Ms. Miller had her head deep down in a thick book, so she wouldn't notice if we left. We got up as carefully as we could, and headed for the door. As we locked the door behind us, we started to run towards the big windows with a view over the gates. If he had arrived at a motorcycle, he would be there somewhere. And as we peeked over the edge of the big windows, I saw him.

Views: 59

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you :) And I'll start reading your story as well :D
When are you going to post more?
I have been waiting for weeks:(
Sorry it's taking so long.

I've had a lot of mid terms lately, and they've been taking up so much of my time, so I haven't been able to finish the next chapter. The little I've been writing didn't really turn out the way I wanted it to, so I've had to change it a lot. But I don't think it'll take too long, now that I'm finished with mid terms. Just a few days maybe :)
you did such a good job!
plz continue
post moer soon
i just finsihed reading your story..., and i have to say it is amazing!
i love it
hope your updating soon [:
When will more be written i have been waiting and checking and still finding nothing!!!!
POST MORE NOW!
SO, so sorry it's been taking so long! *goes hiding under my desk*

I've been trying to write the next chapter for so long, but everything just ends up wrong. I think I've finally found a solution to my problem thought, hopefully... so I'll start finishing up and correcting my mistakes now, after replying to this. I'll try to write in vampire speed, I promise;)

Again, I'm so sorry for the long wait, but I hope you'll manage a bit longer :)
I will wait... reluctantly lol.

I give you two more days! Or the threats then begin!
Don't need two days :D Just give me an hour or so, and I'll post the next chapter. Ok, maybe two hours ;)
awesome!
cant wait
:)
I really loved this chapter! I liked that the story is getting out of the darkness, "going to the light", I think they deserve a happy ending. Great job!
awwwww, soooooo cuteee,
loved the song!!!
cant wait 2 c the family meeting thing!!!
update soon!!!!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service