The Twilight Saga

When Bella has been turned, when Edward is dying,When disease plagues the world and life is full of nothing but distrust even to your closest friends.

Switching the roles of Bella and Edward was an idea i have been thinking on for a long time and i decided to finally write on it! so ENJOY.

NOTE: links to the Chapters have been added after the warning.......

Warning: There is alot of random chats, banner talk, and more between the Chapters, if you don't want to encounter too much i recommend using the links.... (if the links are wrong please message me to correct me) THANKS!! (+)

LINKS TO ESA's CHAPTERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(completed)

<LINKS TO INDEFENSIBLE'S CHAPTERS>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BANNERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you guys all so much for the many banners made for ESA :) even the forced ones! (Sorry RHI-RHI)

</a

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CHAPTER 1

Chapter 1 

Moving back (BPOV)

Coming back to Carlisle was as much exciting as it was dreadful. When we had grown too 'old'
to still reside in our old town, Carlisle had tried to drag me to Chicago, Illinois but i had refused i wanted to live in Europe for a while, life in the United States always reapeating had made me suffer. I had tried to convince him to come with me but it had been worthless he had still gone to Chicago, now the centre of Chaos, the Heartland of the now a very serious cough. He was, as always, following his calling, like he had when he had saved me, me but not my mom or dad. just me, mom and dad's hearts having already stopped by the time he got to us, just mine had kept going. But now it was frozen as much as his.

He hadn't known when we had separated that his job would turn into caring for this ver weird strain of cough but that didn't matter as i came to reunite with him. He was once again my 'brother', i would be his very educated sister, stuck with him after our parents had been killed in a 'robbery'. Atleast he had spared me the torture of sitting through classes by saying i had had a private tutor, he had by now set up everything for me to move back in with him. But i was certain that going back now was tempting fate as he would be very short tempered because he couldn't be at the hospital 24 hours straight trying to find out the similarities between his sick patients. That would be too bad, but atleast i would actually have him during the day, just my nights would be lonesome, and even then maybe i would go to the hospital and help him, he would be happy to have untireable help, i was sure.

I had returned not because of the war, but because i had missed him, i had left in 1915 before the States had joined the war, and now i was returning, because I missed Carlisle and the on going sameness of life back home.

The new house was just as big as the last one had been. Carlisle offered me to come with him to the hospital so i could meet all his assistants and the nurses. I had refuesed. I wouldn't go to the hospital my first day back with him, not the first day back in the states. He left for the hospital an hour before the sun set, so i decided to grab a jacket, Though i didnt need it, and go for a walk, maybe pick up some books from any store, not that Carlisle hadn't kept all my books from before i left. As i walked in the park i saw HIM. He was with a woman that appeared to be his mother, with her same hair, and a man, i guessed he must have been the father. They were a beautiful family, mother and son with bronze hair. They were having a picnic, and laughing so hard it was almost impossible for me to take my eyes of them.

In the middle of their laughter the older man started to cough, loud and hard. I didn't need to be Carlisle to know he was sick, but apparently his family did. Sad for them for if he didn't have that cough cure soon he wouldn't be around them for long. I walked on, they may have been the happiest humans i had seen in so long, but they were just that, humans, never knowing what was best for them and always making mistakes. I went home after that, sad to see happiness never lasted. i read for the rest of the night, waiting for Carlisle to come back.

"Bella?" Carlisle called softly as he came in.

"I'm over here!" I called from his study.

I looked up as he came in the door. "How was the hospital?"

"Bad, there are more people getting sick, i dont think it's just a cough anymore, i think i may be more." He had gone on talking about the Symtoms and its targets. I listened and discussed what it could be. But life went on... well time did, life, for me atleast, had stopped forty years ago.

Please comment, what do you think? i like to know :)

Other Stories

</a

Views: 2232

Replies to This Discussion

OK! posting a small sneak peak now :)
Awesome :)
thanks
OK! just a small bit while i finsh the chapter! if i dont finish it soon i will post bits of what i have. :)

(BTW THIS IS CPOV)

It wasn't long before a nurse came. Ms. Helens, light brown, curled hair, and big hazel eyes very sweet except when it came to overstaying. When i saw her face i wanted to run, i may have had super strength, but she gave could be intimidating when she tried.

"Dr. Cullen?" Her voice sounded reproachful in just those two words. i hid my watch deep in my pocket.

"Hello Ms. Helens." I smiled. "What can i help you with?"

"You were supposed to have been out already." She said without a preamble.

"Was i?" I looked down, 'searching' for my pocket watch. I pulled it out.

"Yes, a while ago. Carlisle you are brilliant but you need your rest too. We can't have one of our doctors get sick with exhaustion, that would only hurt the doctor and give US more work as well." She said with a gentle but disaproving smile on her face. Then she turned teasing. "Now get, before i get the other nurses and we have to drug you and take you home focefully."

"I'll get out of your hair now, i just need to talk to Dr. Hastings first. See you tomorrow morning Ms. Helens." I smiled and walked away, Dr. Hasting, one of the day shift doctors, wasn't hard to find, he was in the largest ward moving as fast as he could.

OK! small middle of the chapter preview. Hope you enjoyed!
OK! no longer a peak, the whole chapter! SO sorry for not posting earlier. Please Comment! and excuse the mistakes as always :)

Chapter 25
OMINPRESENT (CPOV)

As Bella left the hospital i felt the change happen. Nothing was going to be the same after this night. I wondered if it had anything to do with her not hunting for so long. I shuddered at that thought, surely she was stronger than that.

The rest of the night i cared fo my patients, noticing the numbers increasing. More deaths, more incoming patients with the influenza. It was growing too fast, i couldn't control it. Time sped up. I checked on Mr. Masen often, controlling what i could of his sicknesses, atleast minimizing the pain. Before i knew it Bella was back, she had changed. I wondered why she came back. She didnt hesitate as she walked to my side.

"How is he?"

"Same as when you left, but i dont think he'll make it." i was sure my grimace was noticeable in my voice, i couldn't help it. More and more were dying and there was so little i could do. When i turned to see her i saw the change again, her eyes had another light, were full, not just another tortured body walking around but the wonderful person she was. "You look better and from more than just hunting. Are we happy about something?" I was very curious as to what had cause the new light. She smiled widely, but didn't answer me.

"When are you off?" She asked almost jumping up and down on the spot.

I looked at my watch. "Um, i was supposed to be out forty minutes ago." I smiled bashfully, the nurses would kill, or try to atleast, me when they figured out i was still in the hospital.

"Need help? for the next few minutes, until the nurses notice?" I smiled as a response before she left. As she left i couldn't help wonder what could have made her change so much in just a few hours.

It wasn't long before a nurse came. Ms. Helens, light brown, curled hair, and big hazel eyes very sweet except when it came to overstaying. When i saw her face i wanted to run, i may have had super strength, but she gave could be intimidating when she tried.

"Dr. Cullen?" Her voice sounded reproachful in just those two words. i hid my watch deep in my pocket.

"Hello Ms. Helens." I smiled. "What can i help you with?"

"You were supposed to have been out already." She said without a preamble.

"Was i?" I looked down, 'searching' for my pocket watch. I pulled it out.

"Yes, a while ago. Carlisle you are brilliant but you need your rest too. We can't have one of our doctors get sick with exhaustion, that would only hurt the doctor and give US more work as well." She said with a gentle but disaproving smile on her face. Then she turned teasing. "Now get, before i get the other nurses and we have to drug you and take you home focefully."

"I'll get out of your hair now, i just need to talk to Dr. Hastings first. See you tomorrow morning Ms. Helens." I smiled and walked away, Dr. Hasting, one of the day shift doctors, wasn't hard to find, he was in the largest ward moving as fast as he could.

"Carlisle!" He almost yelled when he saw me out of the corner of his eye.

"Good morning."

"Weren't you supposed to be at home already?" He asked with a smile, but kept working.

"Apperently everyone knows that, but me." I chuckled. "I was on my way out, i was just coming to ask if you could check on a patient." I told him all about Mr. Masen.

He nodded when i had finished. "He's Elizabeth's husband isn't he? I'll keep a close watch on him. Or as close as i can in this." he motioned with his hand as he straightened.

"Yes he is. Thank you. I have to go now, before Ms. Helens sees me again." I chuckled and waved as i walked away.

Now to get Bella. Knowing by instinct she would be with Mr. Masen, i hurried down the hallways. I heard Bella before i got to the door.

"...we went to your house to pick up neccessaries for Edward and Eliza." She pause and started over with a different tone. Slightly dreamy. "His playing. It was completely astounding." I slowed down as i walked. Listening.

"What did he play?" He asked

The dreamy tone was still in Bella's voice."Vivaldi. Never played better."

"That's my Edward." The pride in his voice couldn't be missed.

"Then we went to my house. i think i love him." She sounded confused.

"He would be able to catch an angel. Like i did with his mom." I was at the door already, so i walked in. Bella looked at me with an 'i know what you were doing' look.

"Hello doctor!" Enthusiastic. I shook my head, he was persistant.

"I was just thrown out of the hospital by the nurses. I put Dr. Hastings in charge of you Mr. Masen."

"Thank you, for everything." He said as he smiled.

Bella stood and we got out of the room.

"Not going to tell me what happened to make you so... Ligh hearted today?" I asked the curiosity ebbing, wondering what had happened.

She smiled. "I thought you heard from where you were spying behind the door." She teased.

"Ah, well you see, i was not spying, it is not my fault i have the outstanding hearing."

"Specially not when you walk slowly to a door and listen behind it for half a minute." She mumbled sarcastically, playing.

I had to chuckle at that. I did walk slowly on purpose. "Well that part is my fault. So what happened? in detail." I thought i sounded a bit of a school girl wanting to know everything about the others crush.

We were at the door to the small parking lot, i expected her to walk with me through the shade to the car but she ran off before we stepped outside. "You'll have to wait until later when we are at the house!" her whisper lingered behind her. I chuckled as i walked to the car.

Her haste reminded me i had some groceries to pick up.

It didnt take long for me to gather everything, Soon i was home. I started to put everyhting away as i heard murmuring from upstairs, had Bella beaten me home? I listened closer. A sigh, and more murmuring. "Isabella Cullen, i love you. Marry me." i heard as the bed moved, and he sighed. I felt the shock creep in. I wasn't really surpised Bella had changed so quickly, When something in our kind's perspective change its a complete shift, but how could Edward be this far? How? it was completely impossible. What had happened to the boy for him to think already in marriage?

I heard foot falls then. Bella. Slight shuffling as she climbed the colums and walked to her room. His murmured tellings of his love to her, then her entering into his. I restarted to put things up. She would remember soon i was here. more murmuring. I didn't listen to this, i just thought. How was that possible? Or was i being pessimistic?

Soon Bella was walking to the kitchen. "Good morning!" She said as she passed the door.

"Ah, i see. Barely remembering this old man was home?" I asked, knowing she hadn't done it out of bad will. Her face went into a frown. I had to fix what i had done. "Bella. Don't worry about it." i spoke, hoping that would put her mind atease. "What you should really worry about is the boy up there, he's been murmuring things all morning. I think he loves you." I said it playfully but i meant everything i said.

She ignored my teasing as she had a slight look around me. "I see you went shopping."

"Yes. Did you ever notice that telling the milk man it wasn't neccessary for him to come left us without any milk?" I fake marveled. "good thing i caught him in time!! and we now have milk. And other things to make breakfast for our guests." I stayed quiet as she examined my pickings.

"Ah. So we are going for healthy and happy?" She asked though she sounded sure of the answer.

I smiled. She knew me. then i thought of the thing i had bought that i thought Eliza may have liked. "Not all are very healthy." I placed the ice Cream on the table.

"Yum!" She exclaimed sarcastically. I Couldn't help it anymore, i had to know what had happened, preferably before i lost my self in speculations.

"So are you going to tell me what happened?" I asked impatiently.

"Well. You heard most of it in the hospital. We went to their house to pick up their stuff." I felt her avoidence and wanted to smile.

But i waited patiently to hear the rest of her story trying to figure out how she impacted Edward's life so much. "He plays piano." I didn't know if i should have been distraught, or happy. I remembered seeing her and Charlie in town. She smiled, probably guessing what i was thinking. "The only better player i have heard was on France. He's good. Then we came here, and i lost it. I remembered..." i could already hear her choking up. "mom, and dad." I quickly moved to her side as her eyes closed. I hugged her close as i rubbed her back slowly. "Thanks. It still hurts to think about them. Though you have been like a second father since then... and an extra brother." Her smile would have lit the most dormant of hearts. "and he came in when i was remembering. I know nothing about him but he draws me to him." I patted her head lightly as I let go of her worrying and wondering how she cause such a reaction in him. "But I'm still upset about you sending me home early." She pouted playfully.

"You've got to understand, you were looking huyngerly at my patients. We couldn't have that." I grinned remembering the shadows, now temporarly gone. "besides, i thought you needed a break. I could tell you hadn't gotten over May's death." Immediately her face changed at May's name. I knew i had said the wrong thing.

"Did you find her daughter?" her voice was full of hope, a hope i would have to squash.

I couldn't look at her and destroy her hope like that. Without my permission my head turned to look at the table infront of me. "Tell me." Bella begged.

I spoke slowly. "Evelyn died the day before May. That's why she wasnt there. May had taken care of her. She and i had been there at Evelyn's death bed. She helped with other until the influenza over took her." I didn't have to see her face to know her hope had crushed to the ground. "She didn't remember when she was agonizing that her daighter had died before." I was finally able to look at her again. She had her eyes closed, i patted her shoulder, trying to make her feel better. "Aren't we making brunch?" i asked as a way to make her mind focus on something other than tragedy.

Her eyes opened. "I guess we are. Do you remember how to?" Her voice sounded strained as she sat down and placed her head in her hands. Just then i began to realize what i had gotten us into. Maybe this was a little out of reach for vampires. I looked at the table, trying to figure out, to remember, but it had been so long for me. Maybe they wouldn't make it out of the house alive even after Bella's hunting trip.

"I remember!" Bella yelled excitedly as she jumped up.

"Oh! That's good. i was wondering if we were going to end up poisening them." She giggled and we began to prepare everything.

It took us half an hour to finally get it right, Bella blaming me for the burnt first almost good try. We had started to set up the table when Eliza woke up.

Bella moved fast to set up the plates we had already 'used' as i sat at the table. Slowly Eliza walked into the kitchen. "Good morning!"

I turned to see her. She was dressed, ready to be out of the house. "Good morning Eliza." I didn't know what to expect, i almost thought she would break into tears.

She rubbed her hands free of the building perspiration on her dress. "How's E-Edward?"

"He's..." I looked for the right words. "Well no changes from last night when you left." I tried to smile as gently as i could.

Eliza's eyes closed as she breathed in deeply, and gave herself a slight nod. I got up and walked to her and placed my hands on the top of her arms. "C'mon you have to have breakfast. As soo as you're done you can go see him. and the good thing is!" i left off my sentence trying to make her curious.

"Very melodramatic." Bella whispered from the sink. I alsmost laughed out loud, i was trying to make her curious not be melodramatic.

"The good thing is! That you're kust in time, Bella has made her world famous breakfast." I couldn't help but smiled at the small flickering smile on Eliza's face, but then i felt my enthusiasm fade. "Enjoy! I'm tired and need my sleep. I'll see you in a few hours." i regretfully walked from the table.

"What?" Eliza's panick made me stop dead and turn around. "Aren'y you e-eating with us?" Her hand was slightly pulled away from her body.

I tried to smiled, hoping i was, as i talked. "I already ate, dear, don't worry Bella doesn't bite... much" what i had hoped sounded comforting ended up sounding as excuses in my ears. ELiza smiled as Bella and i laughed. I had to go, even if i didnt want to. I yawned widely, making it seem realistic. I saw a flicker in Bella's eyes as she spoke.

"Go. Get." Bella teased but was completely serious, i understood then, she was afraid of exposure, as i should have been. "Before i have to drag you up when you fall asleeo on the floor." She finished her motherly nag, and so i decided to give Eliza a show.

"But... but... I don't... don't want to go anymore." I pouted, acting like the children i saw sometimes, and feeling the part almost perfectly. Bella giggled, i must have gotten it right.

Her eyes squinted and her hands flew to her hips. SHe was serious about some parts, i knew that if i prolonged my time in the kitchen she would pull me to my room by an ear if she had to. I turned and walked dejectedly out of the kitched, laughing as i imagined the spectacle we must have made, i heard giggling behind me. But the didnt last long, before i was in my room i heard them, the sobs. Eliza was crying again. "it's okay." even i felt the emptyness of her unsaid words. The cries continued and i felt my heart shattering, i had been by her earlier but i couldn't be there now.

After a whiled her sobs stopped. "You need to eat." I heard bella moving, and the soft placing of a plate. "Okay? and then we can abandon Carlisle here and go."

"How old are you?" I heard the question, and froze, glad that Bella hadn't.

"Seventeen." she answered without missing a beat.

"You act older." She always does.

"Mom always used to say that. Now you have to eat."

But she didn't. i heard as her chair pulled away from the table and Eliza got up. "Dear do you happen to have a bucket?" I was glad that Eliza's voice was calm. "Could you fetch it for me?" I heard as Bella must have gotten up from where she sat and brought the bucked from outside. Eliza lost no time in filling it up. I could almost feel as Bella's curiousity got the best of her as she asked, "What is the water for?"

"Waking Edward." I chuckled, sounded like a good technique. "If i don't make him wake up now he'll sleep until it's dark." Bella laughed, as i thought over what Eliza had said. It was very possible.

"Tell you what, i'll get him, since i already ate, and you eat."

"Yes dear, that sounds good." I heard bella turn, only to turn back. "Don't forget."

"She gave me a bucket of water." I laughed at how increadulous Bella sounded.

"That's what it sounded like. Are you going to use it?"

She thought of it for a bit. "If i have to. She wants him awake now."

"I have a better method, if you like sleeping beauty." I dropped a hint, and laughed hard as i thought of Bella's face at my words.

"I may try that." She giggled as she opened the door. I stayed quite listening, both to Bella and Edward but also to Eliza. As soon as Bella had walked out of the kitchen, she had turned. I heard clunking, probably plates. and she was probably still at the sink since she hadn't walked away. There was more noises from downstairs. I heard a quiet, "Hmmm." and Eliza turning.

Bella had walked into the room and placed the bucket on the floor as the bed made a small noise, she probably sat on its edge. "Edward? Wake up." a sigh was all she got in response. i heard slight movement and Bella tried again. "Edward, wake up." a slight pause then Bella's energetic "Good morning!"

Edward's voice was horse as he spoke. "Good morning. What time is it?"

"About noon. but if you don't wake up soon i will be forced to use that." and a giggle. I felt intrusive, but i still listened. Worried now by Eliza's quiet.

"She uses it alot, I'm guessing." i paid little attention to them as i heard Eliza moving again, this time from the sound she made, to the trash.

"She threateneds, but only has used it three times. The first time i didn't listen, so i got it. Then once i accidently went to sleep late becuase of reading. I didn't wake up when she told me to, so she... attacked. It was in the middle of winter. I learned my lesson after that."

Eliza moved through the cabinets, looking at their contents, most likely, and even lifting some of their places. She kept on, walking through the whole kitchen. I worried more and more, what was she looking for.

"Well, if you dont want her to come up with another bucket i suggest you get dressed and be downstairs for breakfast." They were quiet, but i could guess what was going on. '

Eliza had sat at the table. I heard the scraping of metal on the plate. Then she set down whatever she had used and began to tap her foot on the floors and her nails began to strike the wood on the table. "You better hurry of Elizza will run up those stairs and throw a bucket of water over you both." I said, trying to get Bella's attention. She had to get downstairs now.

"Your mom will come looking for you and find you still in bed. Not only will she ask for your head but mine as well." I chuckled, trying to imagine Eliza in a rampage. Then i listened more. Wondering what Eliza had found and what she had been looking for. "A goodbye kiss. Until i see you downstairs."

"It seems the sleeping beauty tactics do work." I chuckled, knowing that if she could she would have run to hide in the nearest cave.

"It seems." She said, embarrassed.

"How did it go?" Eliza asked as Bella walked in the kitchen door.

"He woke up, and without the use of our weapon, but when he saw it his eyes opened wider." Bella's giggled as Eliza laughed.

I heard a chair being pushed back lightly, Bella had sat at the table. "Eaten much?"

"Not really, i was worried he'd attack you after the bucket of water." Bella giggled more. I marveled at their similar way of talking, he must spend alot of time with her.

"Well don't worry now. He'll be downstairs in a few minutes, and the good thing will be that he hasn't attacked anyone."

And sure enough, Edward was stepping out of his room.

Hope you enjoyed!
hahaha
iits SO funny!!
as soon as possible :) (knowing me , probably by saturday, but im not jinxing it :)
Hey i love this story and i was wonderin if u cud make u a banner? plz tell me if u want one if!!!!!!
YES! oo. :) please?
YAY!! sorry, i have lots to catch up on!! luv it!!! (but i bet u new that:))
LOL! i had my theories :D
heyyyy that was awsommeee... pplleaasseee continue... nd fast!!!

ily xoxo
Peace XD

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service