The Twilight Saga

When Bella has been turned, when Edward is dying,When disease plagues the world and life is full of nothing but distrust even to your closest friends.

Switching the roles of Bella and Edward was an idea i have been thinking on for a long time and i decided to finally write on it! so ENJOY.

NOTE: links to the Chapters have been added after the warning.......

Warning: There is alot of random chats, banner talk, and more between the Chapters, if you don't want to encounter too much i recommend using the links.... (if the links are wrong please message me to correct me) THANKS!! (+)

LINKS TO ESA's CHAPTERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(completed)

<LINKS TO INDEFENSIBLE'S CHAPTERS>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BANNERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you guys all so much for the many banners made for ESA :) even the forced ones! (Sorry RHI-RHI)

</a

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CHAPTER 1

Chapter 1 

Moving back (BPOV)

Coming back to Carlisle was as much exciting as it was dreadful. When we had grown too 'old'
to still reside in our old town, Carlisle had tried to drag me to Chicago, Illinois but i had refused i wanted to live in Europe for a while, life in the United States always reapeating had made me suffer. I had tried to convince him to come with me but it had been worthless he had still gone to Chicago, now the centre of Chaos, the Heartland of the now a very serious cough. He was, as always, following his calling, like he had when he had saved me, me but not my mom or dad. just me, mom and dad's hearts having already stopped by the time he got to us, just mine had kept going. But now it was frozen as much as his.

He hadn't known when we had separated that his job would turn into caring for this ver weird strain of cough but that didn't matter as i came to reunite with him. He was once again my 'brother', i would be his very educated sister, stuck with him after our parents had been killed in a 'robbery'. Atleast he had spared me the torture of sitting through classes by saying i had had a private tutor, he had by now set up everything for me to move back in with him. But i was certain that going back now was tempting fate as he would be very short tempered because he couldn't be at the hospital 24 hours straight trying to find out the similarities between his sick patients. That would be too bad, but atleast i would actually have him during the day, just my nights would be lonesome, and even then maybe i would go to the hospital and help him, he would be happy to have untireable help, i was sure.

I had returned not because of the war, but because i had missed him, i had left in 1915 before the States had joined the war, and now i was returning, because I missed Carlisle and the on going sameness of life back home.

The new house was just as big as the last one had been. Carlisle offered me to come with him to the hospital so i could meet all his assistants and the nurses. I had refuesed. I wouldn't go to the hospital my first day back with him, not the first day back in the states. He left for the hospital an hour before the sun set, so i decided to grab a jacket, Though i didnt need it, and go for a walk, maybe pick up some books from any store, not that Carlisle hadn't kept all my books from before i left. As i walked in the park i saw HIM. He was with a woman that appeared to be his mother, with her same hair, and a man, i guessed he must have been the father. They were a beautiful family, mother and son with bronze hair. They were having a picnic, and laughing so hard it was almost impossible for me to take my eyes of them.

In the middle of their laughter the older man started to cough, loud and hard. I didn't need to be Carlisle to know he was sick, but apparently his family did. Sad for them for if he didn't have that cough cure soon he wouldn't be around them for long. I walked on, they may have been the happiest humans i had seen in so long, but they were just that, humans, never knowing what was best for them and always making mistakes. I went home after that, sad to see happiness never lasted. i read for the rest of the night, waiting for Carlisle to come back.

"Bella?" Carlisle called softly as he came in.

"I'm over here!" I called from his study.

I looked up as he came in the door. "How was the hospital?"

"Bad, there are more people getting sick, i dont think it's just a cough anymore, i think i may be more." He had gone on talking about the Symtoms and its targets. I listened and discussed what it could be. But life went on... well time did, life, for me atleast, had stopped forty years ago.

Please comment, what do you think? i like to know :)

Other Stories

</a

Views: 2210

Replies to This Discussion

The following Chapter was labeled wrong when it was posted, the link should be right but the chapter number on the top of the chapter is wrong :) SORRY! ^_^
Chapter 31
Misery (BPOV)

Time went slowly but it made itself known to me. Barely two hours had passed from the time I came back to the hospital and it was impossible for me not to notice death seek the patients out in a disorganized formation, soon Carlisle came along with a nurse to see me. Ann, Ellen's sister, was surprised to see me but gave me a stiff smile, not because she didn`t like me but because she was more worried about her patients than anything else. She was so different from her sister, yes she had the gossipy side, all females seemed to have it, but she had a prevailing kindness. Her actions showed no grief, but you could see the pain in her eyes, the way her eyebrows knit together. Carlisle was quiet, as he checked Eliza, then Edward. "Bella, the nurses need more help, not only are the numbers of patients coming in still growing but there are more nurses, volunteers, and doctors getting sick. We're short." Carlisle gave a very dry chuckle, no humor in it. "And we thought we were off badly before." I sighed. I knew what this was about, he wanted me to leave them, trying to distract me while, and help others. I couldn't.

Ann must have noticed my resistance. "Bella, we need help." Her voice was a monotone, but the strong pleading was there, she couldn't stop herself from it. I looked at Edward, his breathing was rougher than before, and his forehead had little creases. Pain? I looked up at Carlisle. He nodded, he wanted me to go help the nurses. I tore myself from Edward's side, with Carlisle besides him he would be fine, I told myself repeatedly, trying no to think that Carlisle had to leave too.

I hurried from patient to patient, moving as fast as I could without giving myself away. It was comforting to be back in a setting I knew well by now. I was so used to this, and the faster I moved to check the patients, the better I felt as I tried to concentrate on the certain person. It wasn't long before I went to check on Edward. I went to see him as often as I could but things weren't looking very well. Edward's breathing had become labored, deep and heavy, he even coughed in his sleep. He was no longer peaceful as he had been ever since I had come back, and his forehead wasn't JUST a bit creased anymore. As time progressed he got worse. Eliza slept, she looked so much better, and now I saw why Carlisle thought she would make it, she was strong and healed fast. I didn’t check her, not hearing her heart stronger than his, her breathing slow and deep, clear, not knowing she was going to make it and Edward would not.

The last time I was there I snuck out of the room as Eliza huffed a small sound, probably trying to speak in her sleep like her son. Eliza hadn't noticed I was gone, I hoped. I left with difficulty; I was so afraid to get caught up in routine and forget to come. I was afraid that the longer I stayed away the sicker he got. But I left. Slowly walking down the hallway, listening to his breathing as I went, but I didn't get far before the sounds of the rooms changed. There were slow light foot steps and harder breathing. I turned around quickly and flew back into the room. Eliza was on her feet besides Edward. She looked up when I opened the door her face had the expression of a little kid being caught doing something wrong, and I would have laughed if her face hadn't been as dark as it was, if the my mood hadn't been so sinister.

"why are you up?"

"I.. Ah… need to check on him. See how he was. He worries me Bella."

"I know but you need to rest. Your as sick as he is." I said resentful of her good health, knowing well enough that she wasn't as sick as he was and wondering how that was possible. "But he is well. He's going to get better." I said lying to myself as well as to her. "So lay down and sleep." I didn't want to say that, I wanted to say take care of him, but I couldn't do that to Carlisle, but I could leave before she fell asleep, not knowing what she would do without me there and that's what I did.

I had spent less than an hour before a nurse came hurriedly into one of the wards holding the people sick from the influenza. She ran to me running around the people in the aisle between the beds knocking down and tripping over others.

"Mrs. Masen's breathing, and heart!" She breathed hard but was still trying to talk faster. "they went into a frenzy. We got her back, but she's not going to make it. Hurry to see her, she's asking for you." I didn’t wait for her to say she would watch my people as I ran down the path of destruction the nurse had left.
------------
(MSG FROM ABBIE WHO POSTED THIS) Sorry just had to say that. Anyway read, comment & enjoy! (The next 7 chapters) WHOOOP
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAY!!!!!! Plz post the next chapii!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
POSTING! :D
oooh! sweetness, post soooonnneeeerrrrrr.
GOOD GRIEF!! i miss labeled the this chapter! HOORAY! lol... weird nobody noticed! (Abbie!)
Chapter 33
Incredible (elzpov)

I somehow always new he was something other, I just never voiced it. He was just so… incredible he couldn't have been real. I knew must not have been the only one to think this way, but I also knew others that thought him to be different only thought so because of his looks. I watched him closely when I worked with him admiring the way he moved, his motivation to watch over the patients, his determination to not lose a single one, and the way he talked about his family… well mostly of his sister, bragging about her. I felt myself wish I had a brother like him so protective. I may not have known what he was but I knew I admired him. But I never talk about him with anyone, afraid of what people would think, and I knew that if I talked it would give people a completely wrong idea.

The days we spent together made us close though I never knew more about him than little things about his sister and even those were limited, but I still felt like I could trust him completely, and that’s what I did, and the more I worked with him the more I noticed how dedicated he could get and how much he wanted to set up the hospital that I tried to help him as much as possible, most of the time tiring myself so much that he would have had to carry me in the door of my home so I could get to a decent bed. But I should have know that with him being a doctor he would have let me work myself that hard for long.

When he told me to choose, either stop working myself as hard as I had been and work only a few days with him or just stop for months on end. I felt the distress of not having him around for long if I didn't take it easy. I took the easier way out and my hours diminished. I would invite him over
to eat once in a while but there were only few times that he would accept.

I felt miserable when we heard about his parents. He told us his sister would be coming and that, at least, would be his compensation for his parents' death.

His sister's presence meant that I would not be able to see him often since he had, by now, made sure I would rest up since I could not just contain myself to helping him little by little. He would not be able to come for dinner anymore since he had to spend time with his grief stricken sister. I never met Bella before Edward had fallen sick and maybe I would rather not have met her at all if it had meant that my family would have been left untouched by disease.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was shocked when I saw her, she looked nothing like her brother yet they were almost exactly alike, then I knew she too wasn't normal. Her face was perfect for an angel.

I remember hurrying to Edward's side, almost expecting Carlisle to have left him on his own but also knowing he couldn't be by his side all the time.

She had turned to me and smiled so sweetly, but I had not missed how she had hesitated in shaking my hand, and was very careful when she did. Just looking at her I knew how Carlisle could be so devoted about her I imagined how having a sister like her could bring such love out, Yet I hadn't known her.

I hadn't had much time to talk to her then, but I didn't need it, I felt like I knew her. Then everything began to move faster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I had made conversation in the hospital she had responded little that gave away her thoughts to my questions and that did make me just a bit uncomfortable; the sense I always had around people, that which told me so much more to them than they would say out loud, was not there. She was completely quiet without there being a way for me to know more about her.
--------------
More more more!! (From ABBIE)
Chapter 34
ODD (elzPOV)

I saw from the beginning how perfect she was for him, beautiful to hold his eye, a selfless soul to hold his awe, and a quiet mind to inflame his curiosity. I knew her mind was quiet for him, because I knew what he felt, you may call it mothers intuition, but mother's intuition does not tell someone what other's feel, what others see. Ever since I was small I was able to feel people's intentions, and I have been able to hear beyond normal. But around her it was as if I had been a normal child.

I knew Edward was special, ever since he was born, specially when he was little, he has had a way to know the truth even when people lied to him, even if the person was the best liar he knew he was being lied to. I felt that ability disappear from my son when he was around her. She could have told him thousands of lies and he would have believed every single one of them. She, her quiet mind was to draw his attention, would protect him from his own gift.

And even thought I resented this time I could never resent her, and even as I felt Carlisle's bad news in the horizon as he led me away from my husband and son I knew she was for him. I had tried to concentrate on a mental picture of them as Carlisle had led me away from them knowing that he would give me worse news, and when we got to his office I may have been shaken but I was never surprised, though he did give me something to calm my nerves. I never asked him what it was.

Carlisle forcing us on him was the best choice and when we had gone to my house to pick up whatever we would need I had purposefully left them alone, but I had never stopped listening to them and though they were a soft almost inaudible murmur I still tried to decipher what they said.

The same happened when we got to their house. I forced each to the other's company, knowing in the end they would end together. But as the medicine wore off I began to worry about Edward, My Edward, in the hospital all alone. I had dreamt with him, and woke up with only him and the come back of Carlisle in my mind.

When I woke up I Listened intently to the noises of the house hoping Carlisle hadn't come back and fallen asleep already. But he wasn't I heard small noises downstairs barely noticeable. I dressed quickly and almost ran down the stairs, feeling my nervousness right before I walked in the door. Bella hurriedly put plates in the sink before turning to see me.

I had greeted them cautiously as I walked slowly into the room, afraid of what I would hear. I was glad no changes greeted me, though I would have rather heard that he had recovered but I knew that it was only a matter of days now. I tried to distract my mind though, trying to leave thoughts of the inevitable for later. Though sad thoughts had come but Bella had made them go with a few soft words that also mad me full of curiosity.

Carlisle had made me sit at the table and offered breakfast but not to eat with me and that made me remember the plates Bella had hastily stowed in the sink. I had ti wake Edward but I also suspected Bella would volunteer for that job so while she was upstairs I checked out the sink. I felt very intrusive doing so but I couldn’t help the urge. When Bella had walked out of the room I had gone to look at the dishes, two plates and two cups but nothing more, wouldn't they have needed spoons or forks to eat? There was also something very weird about the design the honey made on the plates, perfect circles one both, that wasn't possible was it?. I moved curiously to the trash after that. There was only enough trash for the breakfast that was served for me and Edward, but not the one Bella and Carlisle claimed to say they had had. I quickly moved through the cabinets now. Everything looked just bought, like, I felt myself become paranoid, as if everything had been bought for use to be here. I hurried to the table and scraped a batter knife on a plate, making the movements and the noise both to distract myself and to see if anything would make the same patter the honey had been made with. It didn't. Bella walked down not long after that.

What I found in the Cullen House no one will ever know, and even as I sit here writing, with my poor son bed ridden, I will not write it.
---------------------
Note from Abbie: *Does a cha cha dance!* Chapters chapters chapters!!
Note from Ang: I was half sleep when i wrote this soooo!!! if its unintelligible please excuse me!!
Do U like Chapter??
YesI like chapters!
Do you like reading??
Yes I like reading!!
Do you like writing??
Do do do do do cant wait to get a brain full!!!

Do U like Chapter??
YesI like chapters!
Do you like reading??
Yes I like reading!!
Do you like writing??

(Sorry Im borrrrrred and hoping the chapters will show up!!)
The Chapter song! lol!
LOL! ya she's awesome at those!
Chapter 35
Last Wish (elzPOV)

Then the pain came. We went to the hospital. He was bound to the bed, without moving but in the best humor imaginable. I hated that about him, My husband, always happy, always so involved in his sixth sense of happiness, though it had had a big part in me falling for him. This so big a happiness made me envious of him, he would be peaceful even at his death bead, because I now realize it had been just that. And though now I saw that all he was waiting to die was us, to see us. I felt maybe a pinch of love, my time was coming closer, and I began to think of my son. To think of Bella, think of his happiness as I lay here now dying but happy to see her back and to know she would save him. Though I had to admit it had hurt to see her running and him go after her. My baby Edward, my only remaining Edward now that my love has left the Earth though I know I will be leaving soon too. But I will not leave until she hears me.

(snpov)

Carlisle had ran to the room not a minute to soon to find Eliza besides Edward's bed, her breathing spiked, her heart beating to fast. He had quickly picked her up, ignoring the pen and diary near her and yelled for nurses to come while he tried to help her breathing. When they finally came the nurses were not needed, and though Elizabeth Masen was blue, to Dr. Cullen's sight cyanosis again, but this time her heart had settled to a too slow beat. He knew this was the end of her and he yelled for a nurse to get his sister, and the rest to get back to other patients.

"Eliza?" Dr. Cullen called frantically, though he knew it could be a lost cause.

By a miracle she did open her eyes weakly. "Carlisle." She her voice horse. "Save him!" Elizabeth Masen said with so much meaning there was no way to confuse who she asked the doctor to save. Dr. Cullen heard then the steps, coming faster as they hear the rough, hoarse voice.

"She's coming." He had said to no one.

Isabella closed the door behind her then.

Elizabeth's emerald eyes focused on both Bella and Dr. Cullen now, becoming as hard as the gyms they resembled. "Save him." she said again, her strength waning. "Do what ever you have to do, everything in you power." She looked at Carlisle then and outstretched her fingers in which he placed his hand. "What others can't do you must do for him, for my Edward." She squeezed his finger with all her flailing strength. "Save him, make him happy." She looked at Bella. "Above all make him happy." then her emerald eyes were no longer focused on this earth. "You waited." she smiled but the smile had too much pain to be called completely peaceful. Her heart which was so slow already stopped with her last breath. He demands had shaken Bella, she had gone as far as assume he was already saved to ask for her to make him happy. Carlisle on the other hand felt the great wrenching pain of loosing a friend. He felt as if he had lost a family member, feeling her loss more than he had felt when he had been taken away from his father. But he didn't loose time, Carlisle took Elizabeth to the morgue then he took Edward, while Bella stood around looking hopeless. She had still been trying to work out how Elizabeth could have guess they could save him. Why did she have to wait so long? Why would she have wanted her son to be like them? When Dr. Cullen had come back from leaving Edward with his mother he told Bella to go help the nurses but meet him at the house in half an hour, and she went, to shaken up to do anything but move without a mind, working mechanically.
-----------------------
Abbie: *Shakes head* Uh huh, uh huh, uh huh uh huh uh huh!!! Check it out now!! :D Loll sorry Im in a veryyy hyper mooood!!! I was boucin all around the volleyball court!!! Whoooo

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service