The Twilight Saga

Faithfully

Chapter One- Matters of the Heart

BPOV+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I walked into Edward’s apartment and saw him talking excitedly into his cell phone, pacing quickly around his kitchen.

“Yeah,”

“Totally…no way; dude, are you serious?! That’s-that’s incredible!”

“Bella’s going to flip out, yeah...I know it’s a long time. Jazz, this is just too big to pass up, fine. Yeah, I know, this is huge! I’ll tell her, bye!” He snapped his phone shout and ran over to me, swinging me around, kissing my neck and face. Finally he set me down and wrapped his muscled arms around me, kissing me with passion; we hadn’t even had dinner yet.

Edward’s a famous piano player, a good friend of a lot of other easy listening singers actually. Yeah, he’s Edward Cullen; I’m his girlfriend, Bella Swan.

Eventually he broke away, both of us breathless.

“So, why the sudden assault,” I asked jokingly.

“Bella, I just found out, I’m going on tour! Another!” I had to look away, I couldn’t ruin his joy, it was his second tour in the past two years. I’ve been dating him for three. Now, he was leaving, again. I knew how great this was for his career, but I hated to see him leave on that tour bus. I forced a smile onto my face.

“That’s great Edward, I’m so happy for you!”

He could see right through me.

“Bella, why aren’t you excited; I mean, this is, it’s huge!”

“Edward, can we sit?”

He ran his fingers through his bronze hair and sighed, sitting on the couch.

I sucked in a deep breath and began,

“Edward, to be completely frank, I hate when you leave. I-I just hate the idea that something might happen where you can’t come back to me. And the girls, the girls, they throw themselves at you. They have no morals, I swear—“

“Bella, I’m going to tell you a story, a story that might ring a few bells. I was at the store about three years back and I saw three young women, all the age of eighteen. All three beautiful, there was just no denying their beauty. But one of them, a pale skinned brunette, absolutely my type, caught my eye. She was talking with her friends, collage friends I assumed. One of them caught me staring at the girl and they all started to giggle and laugh as an adorable blush fled to the girl’s face. They all knew who I was, and I was determined to come and meet this mysterious girl that made me feel as though love was possible. Of course, with this sudden, infatuation, but more, she broke down everything Edward Cullen was known for: for being charming and mysterious, gentlemanly, and graceful and smart. All of that flew out of the window as I went over to speak with this girl. I remember tripping four times, stumbling on my words at least ten, and fidgeting excessively. Eventually I feel deeply in love with her, though, I’m not sure why…maybe it was her clumsiness I find adorable, maybe her kind nature, her wisdom, her bravery, or maybe it was her chocolate brown eyes…I think it was the eyes. I still can’t believe that after all of this time, she won’t believe that when I leave, I’ll always come back to her. And when I kiss her, sweetly like so,” he paused so he could lift my lips up to his, kissing me for a second, “I swear she makes my heart race faster than the speed of light. I remember telling my friend Jasper just how much I wanted to meet a kind, considerate, caring, beautiful, sweet, moral girl about my about age, and he told me it’s impossible to find a girl like that now a’days. But low and behold, I found…her. I found her looking at energy drinks on the weekend with her roommates. I even remember the store, it was, plum market. I couldn’t wrap my mind around the idea that just by looking at someone; you could feel something so strong. I walked over to her, and we engaged in small talk and exchanged phone numbers, I don’t think she ever expected me to call, but I call that same evening. We went on a date, to movies, very generic, but fun. On our second date she taught me the correct way to make an over-kill sundae, we were laughing the entire time. We eventually became exclusive, and I hadn’t ever looked back. The most incredible thing out of all is, she’s sitting right next to me.”  My felt like melting as he spoke, but it still clung to the idea that something might keep him from coming back to me.

“But-“

“But nothing; will you just accept the fact that I will always come back to you?”

I sighed in defeat, knowing that no matter what I said, he would force his answer on me.

“Yes, I do. Now, don’t we have dinner reservations?”

He glanced at his Rolex watch and jumped a little in his seat.

“Oh shoot, yeah Bella, we have to go if we want to make it on time.”

Edward stood up and held out for my hand, I looked at his slightly tanned fingers and delicately placed my pale palm on his. He pulled me up from the couch and interlocked our fingers as he led us out of the house. The lights of New York City lit up the night as we walked a short way to the restaurant. Tonight he was taking me to a lovely little grill on the bay of the Hudson River. It was starry out, and the moon sat clear in the sky, full, bright, and beautiful, just like it should be.

“Reservation for two, under Cullen,” Edward gently said to the man behind the podium.

“Right this way Mister Cullen,” he led us out to a table lit by paper lanterns whose lights danced across the water. The table was set near the edge, guarded by a strong iron railing.

“Thank you,” Edward said nodding and the man strode away.

“What’s all this Edward?” I asked cautiously.

“Well, you know we’ve been dating for about three years now, and I want to ask you something, something very important and something that might make me a very happy man.” Suddenly I saw him bend down on one knee and ask the most beautiful words ever spoken.

“Isabella Marie Swan, will you marry me?” I think I gasped, but to be honest, the only thing I was positive that happened was Edward asking me.

I was suddenly aware of me chewing on my lip, I nodded.

“Yes, I will,”

He slipped a gorgeous ring onto my finger and pulled me into a loving embrace.

Suddenly I was aware of a song playing.

“Highway run, into the midnight sun.

Wheels go round and round, you’re on my mind,

Restless hearts, sleep alone tonight.

Sending all my love, along the wire.

They said that the road ain’t no place to start a family.

Right down the line it’s been you and me.” (AN: That’s part of Faithfully by Journey).

Edward took my hand and lead me to a dance floor in the center of the deck.

“I don’t care you don’t dance, I love you too much to let you go,” he whispered in my ear.

I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder.

He continued to lead a small dance until the song ended.

“I want you to know Bella that no matter what happens I will remain faithful to you, and only you. I love you, so much.”

“Faithfully, Edward,” I said with a smile.

“Faithfully,” and with that, I leaned in for a small kiss.

(Disclaimer, I own the plot, but  the characters go to Stephenie!)

Banner made by Mieke! :)

Views: 203

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Bella!
Thank you Jeri!
I Love this :) PLease keep me updated!!!! 
I can't wait for more :)

Hi Kallie,

I am so excited you finally posted this amazing story. I have been waiting with anticipation to see where you go with. I applaud you for a wonderful introduction to what I know is going to be such a beautiful love story that will keep us entralled and waiting anxiously for more. I know it will be an absolutle thrill ride as we take this journey with you and I for one can not wait to see where this ride ends.  Bravo for a wonderful story in the making.

Hugs

Sarah

Thank you Sarah! I knew you'd be excited, I am too! Thank you, oh my gosh that's such a kind thing for you to say! AH!! I can't wait for to write this story, (I'm going to be having some fun writing this one!). Thank you again!
Thank you Jordan! I will, and I'll post more soon! :)
Awesome!!!
Thank you Ashley!
this is great!!!! plese post more soon!!!
Thank you Bella! I will soon! :)

LOL hahah so reading this it means that Jocob and Tanya or anyother person that will "Fall in love " with Bella /Edward is going to appear while Eddie biy is on tour, right? Or some big rummor.

Why Edward won't invite Bella so she can travel with in the tour??

more ASAP

Well, no, I hope to be more original than that, :).

He won't because they're not married and that would be unmoral. :)

I'll post more soon! :)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service