The Twilight Saga

Prelude

“Damn it, why didn’t you tell me earlier?” I yelled.

“Because I didn’t want you to be upset.” She replied.

“Well now I’m upset alright. You should’ve told me earlier. There’s nothing to be upset about, mom. Except for you lying to me.” I said.

“Well I’m sorry Bells. And I won’t do it again.” She promised.

“Okay.” I said.

Here we go again. I said to myself. She’s getting remarried. I shuddered at the thought. Remarrying means a new house, a new school, a new dad.

Since I was born, I have lived my almost-happy life in this small city, Marikina. I’ve finished my elementary. I’m still a sopohomore, but I’ll be a junior when the school year starts. Too bad I won’t be enrolling to Marikina Science High anymore. Why do I suddenly have to give everything up?

It doesn’t matter. That’s what my mom wants. I thought to myself. And it’s the only thing that could make her happy now. And I should be happy for her. For my mom. For the woman who took care of me for the past 14 years.

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

This is absolutely 100% fresh. :)) I made it, and don't be surprised if it's boring. I'm not good at writing stories. There'll be vampires after a few years. I'll post chapter 1 the next time I sign in. :D Thanks.

-G.
Okay. Unfortunately, there are 1 comment/s. :D And it came from me! :)) Well, that sucks. :P I don't care. :)) I'll just keep posting.. and posting.. and posting.. and posting, until I run out of ideas. :D So, here's chapter 1.

Chapter 1- New Family

I was struggling with my pants when someone knocked on the door.

“Yeah?”

“It’s me, Bella.”

“Oh,”

Who else could it be? Only me and my mom live in this empty mansion. No maids, no pets. I wish that his future-husband will change his mind and stay here so all the other rooms can be occupied. There are dozens of other rooms in this house. All empty.

“Come in, mom.”

She entered with a very excited look on her face.

“You ready for later?” Oh, right. Dinner with the new family.

“Sure, sure. Hey mom, can I wear these pants for tonight?”

“Yeah, okay.”

“Well thanks. But It doesn’t fit.” Hm. I needed some shopping. I’ve been spending so much quality time with my mom that I forgot to fend for myself.

“I’ve been struggling with it for 8 minutes. Oh, man. This one’s my favorite! I can’t replace it now.”

“Need a hand?” My mom suggested.

“The hell I do!” I said.

Nice. My mom’s hands worked like magic. She seems to know everything about anything. Wow this man that’s going to marry my mom is very lucky indeed.

I missed this. This bonding time with my mom. Even for a seventeen-year old girl who still struggles with her pants, it was fun. How will I be able to bond with my mom when she’s going to have a husband to attend to everyday?

This whole thing sucks, my pants are killing me, what could possibly go wrong?

“Hey mom, thanks for the help.”

“No problem, honey.”

She kissed my forehead and left the room.

Okay, I have 45 minutes before we drive down to my mom’s favorite restaurant and meet our new family. The only thing I know about the guy is that he has a son, one year older than I am. This won’t be easy- adjusting with new family members- but I’ll try my best to agree with everything they say. In fact, I’m a little excited to meet them. How shocking.

Thirty minutes left. Time to call the best friend in the whole world.

I rushed down the kitchen and grabbed the kitchen phone. I dialed his number and waited for an answer. For a voice. For his voice.

“Hello?” A familiar voice asked. It wasn't the voice that I expected, but at least it's better than nothing.

“Oh, hey Mrs. Gonzales. Can I speak to Anthony for maybe…ten minutes?” I said with heavy sarcasm.

“Sure, no problem Bella.”

“Gracias, seniora.”

My best friend took the phone.

“Hey Bells, what’s up?”

“Hey, Tony. I have something to tell you.”

“Okay…” He sounded nervous. Why is he nervous?

“Wait, what time is it?” I asked.

“five thirty-six, why?”

“Here’s the thing. Stay there. I’ll go to your house, okay? Then I’ll tell you everything.”

“Really? Okay!” He sounded overly excited.

“Yeah, see ya.” I said.

Then I took my skateboard and went outside.

To my surprise, it was raining. Not that hard, but still enough to make someone’s clothes wet. That was strange. It's summer. The only time you see the word rain and summer together is when the phrase doesn't happen is between them. I hurried back inside and tried to call Tony again.

“Hola.” It was Tony.

“Hey, Tony! Um. See, it wasn’t raining when I called you… so, I’ll tell it to you later. Go to my place, eight o’ clock, sharp.”

“Um, sure.”

“Great!”

“Bye, Tony”

“See you later, Bella.”

I touched the door handle. Then I sighed, and went inside.

We picked a wide round table at the corner of the restaurant.

“Hey, mom. You haven’t told me their names yet.”

Their names?”

“Well, yeah. He has a son right?”

“Oh, yeah. Right.”

“Well his name is Jared. Jared Grace.”

Hm. Grace. What a nice surname. I tried to picture my mom as Lily Grace. Akward…

“And his son is Aron.”

“Cool names. So you’re going to be Lily Grace from now on, huh?” Still akward…

“Not until the wedding, honey.” She grinned.

“Um, mom? Well I’ve been thinking…since you’re going to be married now, and you know… this thing about your surname…well I don’t want mine to be changed…in case you were thinking about it… but if you want to, fine.” This was the first time that I struggled for words.

“Why?” She asked.

“Well, because… my surname reminds you of dad, right?” I haven’t seen him personally though. He was murdered when I was a baby. Brutally murdered.

“Of course, Bella.”

“So, where are they?” I asked.

“They’ll be here in five minutes.”

“Okay, great.”

That five minutes seemed like hours. I was very interested to see them.

“There they are! No, wait… he’s not with Aron.”

I turned around. And I saw him. He was tall, and very perfect for my mom. And he was smiling at me.

I was shocked with his gorgeousness that I nearly opened my mouth.

“Close your mouth, dear.” My mom warned.

So I did open my mouth. How embarrassing.

“Good evening Isabella.”

“Bella, sir.”

“Bella. You can call me Jared.”

“Can I call you dad, as soon as you and my mom get married?”

“Yes, Bella. That would be nice.”

“And since you’re not yet married, I’ll call you Jared.” I said with a grin.

“Great.” He laughed.

We all sat down, and sighed all at the same time. Weird.

“So where’s your son?” I asked him.

OKAY. The continuation of Chapter 1 will be posted as soon as I sign in. Again. :D :D

Oh, bye the way. His son will be introduced in the continuation. :P

-G

Check us out !

Hey Glenn I love it I can't wait for Chapter 1
I really look forward to what happens keep us
informed Thanx Debbie
grabe nmn glenn! ang haba ng chapter one! heehee keep me updated! :* ly
bakit 30 minutes left?
GO GLENN!!! CONTINUE!!!!
gusto mo ilagay ko sa page ng fanfics ko tong fanfic mo??
pero lagay mo din yung akin.
san pala banner mo? gawa kita. :DD
Sige. Thanks. :)
Okay...so this is very short. I've already written Chapter 2, but I haven't transferred everything from my notebook yet. Sorry. I'll be posting ASAP. :))

***Chapter 1 continuation.

“Aron has this, um… practice. Yeah, a basketball practice and he told me that he’ll be late. But he’ll be here soon.” Jared assured.

“Oh, great. I’m so glad to finally meet you S-Jared.” I was about to say 'sir' again.

“Me too, Bella. Actually, Aron was more excited than I am.”

“Really? Why?”

“I don’t know. Why don’t you ask him later?”

“Naw. Let him keep it to himself.” Wow, a very interesting man.

I waited for three minutes. And I let them talk to each other. And I realized that this man makes my mom very happy. I liked him for that. I got bored, I played with my hair, I played with the tablecloth and the tableware.

“Over here, Aron!”

I accidentally dropped my fork. Then when I bent over, I looked at the front door.

And there he was.

He was taller than his father. In fact, he was more perfect than his father. And he was the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen.

Too bad he wasn’t mine.

I cleared my head of all those useless-and-crazy-love-at-first-sight stuff that my school friends often talked about. It was wrong to even think of that. Our parents are going to be married now, and we’ll be adoptive siblings soon enough.

I made sure that my mouth wasn’t open again. And it wasn’t. Good. I continuously stared at him and he, too, was smiling at me. And it made me happy.

“Hey, Bella.”

“Hey, T-Aron.” I was thinking of Tony. How odd.

“Wow. You’re even prettier in person.”

“Nice. Yeah, right. Thanks, anyway.” I smiled at him. He chuckled.

“So, have you guys eaten already? He asked.

“Nope. Sit down T-Aron.” Damn it, I was still thinking about Tony.

“Sorry, I always forget your name.” I apologized.

“Nah. It’s okay. Whose name is it, then?

“My best friend’s name. Tony.” I configured.

“Do I remind you of him?”

“No.” I grinned.

Jared called a waiter and told him what he wants. Then my mom, then Aron, and I was the last.

I was quiet the whole time we were eating.

“Is there something wrong, Bella?” Aron asked.

“No, I was just thinking about something.”

“Oh, will you share it to me?”

“Um. Well, I was thinking of… you know, when they get married. I was wondering If they’ve decided to move…to relocate or something.”

They heard what I said and interrupted our conversation.

"Bella..."

***That was totally not a cliffhanger.

-G.
***Chapter 1 continuation

“Bella there’s a lot of time for everything.”

“I know.” I replied.

Aron was smiling apologetically and I winked at him. Then he froze and chuckled.

When we were finished with our food, I looked at my wrist watch.

Crap. It was eight thirty-seven already. I forgot to tell them that I was supposed to meet Tony. “Mom, I’m sorry. I have to go.” I said. “Why?” she asked.

“I told Tony that I have to tell him something. And I told him to go to our house…eight o’clock sharp. He’s waiting for half an hour now. I have to go.”

“Can I come with you?” Aron asked.

“Are you sure?” I asked, dazed.

“Yeah, sure. I want to meet that Tony, is he your boyfriend or something?”

“No, of course not!” I said, then chuckled.

“Oh, okay.” He sighed.

“Come on, let’s go!” I started walking.

When we were outside, I looked at his face. He was so gorgeous.

Then we started walking again, and headed to our house.
***Chapter 2-There are no words for this.

Anthony's POV

Why didn't I just walk away? Right, because I'm stupid.

I shouldn't have agreed with her. She told me she'll come to my place. But then she changed the stupid plan and told me that Ishould come. But where is she? The house is empty, and I've been waiting for...I don't know...almost an hour.

I'm not going to cry. I'm a man, for crying out loud. I have to be strong. For her. But how can I be strong for her if she was my weakness?

3 minutes have passed. No one came. I started to think about leaving but then a noise from afar startled me.

It was laughter, a girl's laughter. She sounded like Bella, but he has a companion. A boy, or a man. And they were laughing together.

Is that Bella? Impossible. I took a step forward to see them clearly.

It is Bella.

The emotion that overtook me was like blood that spread through my veins. I haven't felt it before, but it made me very disappointed. I started walking towards them, and when Bella realized who I was, she started running towards me.

"Oh, Tony I'm so sorry!" She hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. I was totally frozen in shock for that was the first time she kissed me.

"Tony, are you still mad at me? C'mon. Why aren't you talking? Tony, please speak to me. I'm so sorry!" Then she started crying.

"Bella, it's okay. Stop crying. It hurts me when you cry..."

to be continued.... :))
Bad news. I may have to stop writing the story because the hard copy was washed out due to the typhoon. ONDOY. :(

>>G

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service