The Twilight Saga

Thank you for the banners Laura Cullen

Thank you for the banners Rexanne Moe

And once again thank you so much Laura Cullen, for editing this story for me

Disclaimer:

Please do not copy, borrow, steal or imitate this story in any way. Thank you.
This is my take on Twilight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter one

“Mom, do I have to go?” Forks, this is the place that my mom now exiled me to. I already knew the answer to my own question. My mother wanted her freedom, so, the answer was yes…I had to go

“Bella sweetie, I’m sorry, but with all that is going on right now I think it is for the best. We are going to be moving to a different place, it is going to get a little hectic for a bit. I’m sorry but Phil needs my support right now. Everything will work out, you’ll see.” She said with a smile.

She seemed to be saying the last part more to herself. I was tired of arguing with my mom, it seemed like she no longer cared for me. All her concentration and energy went on Phil.
“‘I know mom, but Forks.”

“I know Bella, I’m sorry but your plane is starting to board, email me when you get settled.” She said as she put pressure on my back to rush me on.

“Ok love you mom, bye.” I said quickly, not really getting the chance to tell her that I would miss her.
With that I was flying towards a different life. I will miss the sun; I will miss my mom, though I am still mad at her. I can’t believe she is doing this again; Phil’s contract was cancelled again. She up and quits her job and is moving to whatever city, with another whatever team that will take him now. I feel sad admitting this to myself, but I don’t even know Charlie. I’ve probably seen him a grand total of two weeks in the last two years. But since I refused to go to Forks he didn’t make the trip up to see me that often. Our visits usually ended up with him watching television in one room and me reading in another. Actually the relationship I had with both of my parents was awkward. I was never girly enough for my mom and I wasn’t outdoorsy enough for my dad. If I was being honest with myself, Renee was never one for kids, she just didn’t have it in her, and she never said anything but I could tell. I hope Charlie doesn’t try dragging me out fishing again. Not being the handiest capable person. I don’t have a disability or anything. I usually trip over my own feet trying to walk across a smooth stable surface never mind trying to navigate around rocks, streams and boats. I honestly don’t know what to expect from Charlie, we don’t exactly have the normal father daughter relationship. It was more like I was the unwanted stepchild. I guess the light at the end of the tunnel is that I only have two years of high school left, and then I can move away. The flight ended all too quickly, they were announcing that we were about to land in Port Angeles.

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER TEN

Views: 59

Replies to This Discussion

thank you, i'll try and have more up soon
Chapter Six

“Come on Bella, hurry up we need to get our schedules.”

How did somebody so small get so annoying? She was a little to chipper for me this early in the morning. She just flashed me a look, oh well.

“High I’m Alice Cullen and this is Bella Swan, we’re starting school here today.”

“Ah yes, Rosalie and Emmett have already stopped in they said you would be along shortly, here you are Alice and Bella. Oh and your dad phoned this morning and said that you would be picking up Jasper and Edward’s school work. If you stop in at the end of the day I should have it all together by then, hope they feel better, have a nice day girls. The receptionist noted.

“Thank you.” They both said in unison.

“What class do you have first Bella.”

“Umm… English.”

“That’s my first class too, let’s see your schedule, yay, we got every class together except gym, come on Bella.”

By the time we drove around to the student parking, most of the other students had arrived. There was only one other new vehicle in the lot, it was a jeep and it looked like it should be on the cover of some four by four magazine. All of a sudden the place started to feel very claustrophobic, it felt like everyone was watching my every move, come on Bella breathe, your alright you can do this.

Bella seemed to go quiet all of a sudden, it looked like she was about to have a panic attack.
“Bella are you ok? Tell me what’s wrong.”

That’s when I remembered that Alice was right beside me. “No I’m fine.” She didn’t look convinced. “I just get a little nervous around new people.”

“Are you sure your ok?”

“Alice do you get the feeling that everybody is staring at us?” I felt like an idiot as soon as the words left my mouth.

“That’s a silly question, of course they are Bella.” Alice said with a smile.

“Not…helping Alice.”

“Bella you have nothing to worry about, I’ve got just about every class with you, now come on, you don’t want to show up late on your first day here.”

The first part made me feel a little better; the second part got me moving. When we got to class the teacher didn’t say anything, just merely pointed to an empty table at the back of the class. The class couldn’t hold my attention, I had already done everything on the reading list, and Alice looked just as bored. Finally the bell rang, that’s when a gangly looking kid walked up to our table. He said his name was Eric, we said hey back and he fled quickly saying he had to get to gym. Weird, oh well. The rest of the morning was uneventful, a couple of other students came up to introduce themselves then quickly scurried off, do I smell? I don’t think I do. Lunch was another ordeal. Me and Alice made our way to the cafeteria, she was talking about her last big shopping trip or something else, usually when the word shopping came up I just zoned out. We grabbed our food and sat down at an empty table. That was when I noticed her glaring at me, what did I do now? I don’t have a vehicle I couldn’t have run over her cat.
“Alice do you know who that is over there?”

“That’s Rosalie, she’s still pretty angry over the fact that we had to move here.”

I wasn’t satisfied with the explanation, but I let it drop for now. “How many brothers and sisters do you have Alice?”

“None, me, Edward and Emmett, he’s the one sitting with Rosalie. We were all adopted by Carlisle and Esme. Then Rosalie and Jasper, Esme is there auntie, there mom passed away when they were eight.

Rosalie was just glaring at Alice now; it was almost like she heard our whole conversation.
“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to pry Alice.”

“It was a long time ago Bella, I don’t remember my birth parents, don’t worry about it.

“Where’s Edward and Jasper, the receptionist said they were sick or something this morning.” Alice’s face almost seemed to break when I mentioned their names, then she quickly covered it up. Way to go Bella, make your only friend feel like crap.
“I’m sorry Alice; I’ll mind my own business.”

“No that’s fine Bella, Edward and Jasper are down with some kind of a stomach flu, they probably won’t be in school for a few weeks.”

“Oh, I hope they feel better soon.”

“Come on Bella, we got to get to biology.”

I didn’t notice till then that the lunch room was nearly empty. Alice seemed to be missing a bit of the spring in her step; she wasn’t as talkative now, way to go Bella. Once again the teacher merely pointed to an empty table and started passing out the lab we would be doing today. Me and Alice were the first to finish, Alice started talking about a shopping trip she had planned for this weekend and asked me if I wanted to go. I didn’t want to hurt her feelings again so I agreed to go. She seemed to get all her spunk back after that and was talking excitedly about it. Biology flew by and before I knew it the bell rang, I agreed to meet Alice after class and started walking towards the gym. That’s when a blond haired kid came up to me.

Here’s my chance. “Hey, I’m Mike.”

“Hi, I’m Bella.” I said shyly.

“Did you need help finding your next class?”

“I have gym, I think I can manage.”

“Cool that’s my next class too, I’ll walk with you. How do you like Forks so far?”

“It feels claustrophobic; it’s always foggy or raining, to wet and too cold for my liking.” Conversation died down after my sharp answer, we were soon at the gym. The teacher took one look at my shoes and told me to sit off to the side. I could have hugged Alice at that point, I was never so thankful for having been wearing heels. So I sat off to the side and watched everybody else play volley ball. At the end of the class the teacher pulled me aside and asked me to bring proper foot wear for tomorrow. My face flushed with embarrassment, I could see a couple of girls giggling at me, which caused my face to go even redder. Alice was waiting for me outside.

“Hey Bella, how was gym?”

“It was great, I didn’t have proper foot wear so I got to sit on the sidelines today, so I didn’t get a chance to injure myself or anybody else today.”

“There’s always tomorrow.”

“Don’t remind me, didn’t you have to stop at the office Alice?”

“No I already did, come on Bella lets go.”

In no time at all we were at the house, there was a police cruiser in the driveway, great Charlie was home.

“Your dad is the sheriff…Bella?” Alice said in shock.

“Yup, this should be fun.”

“Kay, I’ll see you in the morning Bella.”

“I’m dressing myself tomorrow Alice.” She didn’t say anything; she just flashed an evil little grin and drove away. Great… Didn’t she have any Barbie’s growing up? ……………………………….........................................................................................................................................................................

“Alice are you crazy, did you forget everything that happened with Jasper? Do you want to ruin this for all of us? We can’t risk interacting with the humans. Why would you do this? What did you tell her? If she knows anything, we will have to kill her.

“No I didn’t forget everything that happened, she doesn’t know anything and you’re not going anywhere near her.”

“Alice I’ve got to agree with Rosalie on this one, after all that’s happened we can’t interact with humans so closely.” Carlisle explained.

“No, I can’t agree with that Carlisle, I just know that I was meant to meet her, I won’t stay out of her life.”

“Alice, this isn’t possible right now, I know that you miss Jasper but you can’t do this.” Carlisle said sternly.

“This has nothing to do with missing Jasper, I know that this doesn’t make sense right now, but I know this is important, I have to do this.” Alice said just as stubbornly.

“You can’t expect us to allow you to put us all in jeopardy?” Rosalie huffed.

“What about when Jasper and Edward come back Alice? If you’re going to be hanging around with this girl, is it fair to put Jasper through that? Did you think about his feelings?” Carlisle hammered back.

“How dare you try and drag Jasper into this Carlisle. I would have thought that you would be above that, you know what Carlisle…

“This has gone on long enough.” Alright everybody stop, not another word. Ok, Alice you say this is important I’ll take your word on that, you said she isn’t a danger to us, ok. You just took everyone by surprise; I wish you would have said something earlier.”

“Esme you can’t expect us to…” Carlisle tried to speak.

“I do expect… Alice says everything will work out, so it will”

“Esme…”

“No Carlisle, I’m going with Alice on this.”

It was amazing the influence Esme had when she put her foot down. Wow, I’ve never seen Esme show her authority like that before, I’m glad she stepped in when she did. I think her mothering side kicked in, she saw that this would drive a wedge between us.

“I’m sorry for not telling you earlier, thank you Esme.”

“Alright Alice, I will go along with this for now but if anything changes you let us know.”Carlisle stated.

“I can’t believe we are going along with this…stupid humans.” Rosalie stormed out of the house then.

Well maybe it wouldn’t be as boring as I thought around here. I had to admit it was funny watching Bella tripping on air when she was walking across the lunch room. She seemed especially uncoordinated for a human, I wonder what she will do tomorrow, ah crap I’d better go after Rosalie. Emmett thought.
Another enjoyable chapter. Carlisle surprised me. I would have thought he'd be all for the human interaction... I loved Esme, though - going all authoritative on them! Go Esme! :-)
really great chapterr cant wait for morre (:
YAY! YOU POSTED!!!!! NOW YOU JUST HAVE TO WRITE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where the heck is Charlie??????
love it, amazing
love it
glad you liked it, thank you for commenting
Oh, ok. There's Charlie. Sorry. XD
Chapter Seven

I wonder what Charlie is going to say? Probably not much, he never does. That was the one thing I was comforted by, he left me alone and I the same for him. Maybe this will be alright. It is always the same, he will feign interest a minute after I arrive then he does his own thing. By then I was walking through the front door and Charlie was leaving the kitchen, fresh beer in hand.

“It’s good to see you Bella.”

“Hi Charlie, it’s nice to see you to.”

“Sorry about not picking you up at the airport, the fish were biting.”

“That’s ok, I got here alright.”

“There’s pizza on the counter Bella.”

And he was off to finish watching whatever game was on TV. That’s the thing I did like about Charlie he didn’t hover, he was never one for mindless small talk. After a quick bite, I was heading upstairs to my sanctuary, it was my room now, my escape from everything. I was thinking over everything that happened today, I realized there was something different about the Cullen’s and the Hale’s. They were the most beautiful people I’d seen in my life. The three of them were all the same but different, same golden eyes, same pale skin. Other than Alice being friends with me they didn’t seem to interact with any other students. Everybody else seemed to tense up whenever they got close to any of them as if they were afraid of them. I had to admit, I was scared of Rosalie, there was no getting around it, and she seemed to hate me more than anybody else. I still couldn’t put my finger on what everyone seemed scared of. At first I thought it was the beauty and the thought of being rejected by them, but it was more. There was something bigger behind it. No one really even tried talking to me today other than Mike, but that was when Alice left to go to her class without me. He almost seemed to jump right in, as soon as Alice was walking away (dancing would be more accurate). All of them seemed to move with a certain grace; even Emmett who you would think would be kind of awkward because of his size. And every now and then Alice would get a faraway look on her face, almost like she suddenly had the most interesting daydream, then she would snap out of it. But she would enter back into the conversation with either a bit too much enthusiasm or not enough.

I wasn’t exactly happy about the shopping trip I had agreed to, but I was also looking forward to it for another reason. I’ve never really had a real friend before, but with Alice, we seemed to connect right off. So for the time being I was thankful to have plans with Alice, and she obviously liked shopping, you never know she might make it fun for me. I was also looking forward to hitting up a book store, it’s been a while. I didn’t have any problems drifting off to sleep this night, I didn’t dream anything.

The morning came instantly, it was one of those sleeps where you close your eyes and it seems like you blinked and its morning. I felt good I was a little more chipper this morning. I was sure of three things, I know Alice and her family were different, I was going to find out exactly what was going on with them and Alice was my best friend. Right on cue, as soon as I was done with my breakfast, Alice knocked on the door. The first thing I noticed was that she had another bag in her hand, I eyed it warily, Alice just rolled her eyes.

“Morning Alice.”

“Good morning Bella, are you ready for this?”

“Alice, I told you yesterday…”

“But I don’t listen, so you might as well stop fighting.”

“ALICE.”

“Thanks Bella. I enjoy your company to.”

“Fine but I’m not wearing heels, I’ll turn them into flats if you try and give me any.” Alice’s face grimaced at the thought of it, but she didn’t say anything, I guess she could tell I wasn’t joking. It was the same as the other morning, Alice made me sit in a chair and I complained the whole time. It didn’t seem to dissuade her. Every now and then she would scold me for fidgeting but would continue on in her own little world. She dressed me in a similar outfit as the previous days, skinny jeans, white tank top, dark blue sweater and a beige jacket. I did look good; Alice just seemed thrilled at my reaction. I just rolled my eyes; I still thought it was unnecessary. Today Alice seemed to have a new energy; she seemed to be in total bliss. Right off the get go Alice started firing questions at me, about my life in Phoenix, my friends there, she seemed a little surprised by the fact that I didn’t have any. She asked about Renee, and was once again surprised to find out about our rocky relationship. That brought on a different round of questions about Phil, what I thought of him, what my favorite color was, favorite food, this went on all day. There was a quick break in the questioning so I could eat, that was when I took note that Alice didn’t touch her food, she hadn’t touched her food yesterday either. Now that I thought about it, neither had Rosalie or Emmett, today or yesterday, I’ll think more on that tonight. Alice jumped right back in with her questions, it almost seemed like she was trying to make up for not knowing me before. It was a nice distraction, I didn’t even notice the day coming to a close. Now that I thought on it, I had no recollection on what I was taught in school that day, or any of the homework I was assigned. That was when Alice came to the rescue once again.

“Hey Bella, how about we have a study session tonight?”

I was internally thanking her. “Yeah, that sounds like fun, your house or mine?” I saw a hint of anger across her face then it was quickly covered up.

“How about yours Bella, Rosalie has been nothing but miserable to be around lately.”

“Sure, no problem.” We were outside of the house by then.

“Bella I just need to run home and drop this homework off for Edward and Jasper, I won’t be long ok.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes…I have time to make the house a little more presentable.
“Ok, I’ll see you in a bit Alice.” As soon as I got in, I immediately went to my room and tidied it up, we would be up there the most. I know Alice has already been in my room but it seemed right. I threw a load in the washing machine. Then I started walking through the house, picking up garbage that Charlie had left lying around. A half hour later I had the house decent looking, that was when I noticed I was hungry. I wonder if Alice will eat at home or should I cook extra? Right on cue the phone rings, it was Alice, she said her mom just finished cooking and would be over shortly. I decided to make pasta again, that’s when I remembered lunch. I’ve never seen Alice eat anything before, she seemed to almost know things before they happened, or answered my questions before I voiced them, either we were on the same wave link or there was something about her.

On the way over to Bella’s house I had a vision of Charlie staying elsewhere for the night, not something I wanted to see. So I decided to surprise Bella with a slumber party. I just needed to run home and grab a bunch of essentials. It would have been easier to have it at my house but with everything that happened I thought better of it.
Ah, the endless questions... only this time from Alice instead of Edward... nice! :-)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service