The Twilight Saga

Chapter One: Proposal

The telephone rang.  Charlie wasn't home so I ran to answer it.

"Hello?" I said into the phone

“Bella" said the voice of Jacob Black.  "I need to talk to you.  Meet me right outside the boundary line.  And bring the bloodsucker with you."  He hung up.

"Jacob?"  I asked, but all I got was static. 

I grabbed my coat off the hook and searched the drawers for my keys.  What did Jacob want?  And why would he ask for Edward.  Jacob, who happened to be werewolf, hated my vampire boyfriend.  I still preferred to call Edward a boyfriend even though the proper term would be finance.  I hated thinking about it.  The nightmare that was soon to become true.

After finding my keys I flew open the front door only to find a shiny silver Volvo S60R parked in the drive way.  Of course.  Alice would have seen Jacob calling me.

Edward stepped out from behind the car. 

“I believe your friend has requested to see us” he said.

I walked down the steps and up to his car.  “Did Alice see me getting the call?”

“I guess you could say that.  Jacob spent an hour deciding whether or not to call.  His ever-changing decisions drove Alice crazy.  She almost lost it and went down to rip his throat out.  Jasper talked her out of that idea, though” he said almost laughing.

“Good” I said getting into the passenger seat of his car.  “Do you know what he wants?”

“No” said Edward, frustrated.

“Oh” I said as he started the engine. 

“Whoa” I said putting my arm over the speedometer.

“Bella, what?” he asked.

“No faster than 80 miles per hour.  I like my face the way it is.”

“If it makes you happy” he said.

“It does” I grinned.

We barely talked on the drive down.  I had to stop him a couple of times when the speedometer drifted dangerously close to 90..  Finally he pulled to the side of the road and I recognized the entrance to La Push.  Jacob stood there leaning up against a cliff with his arms crossed.  As soon as he saw Edward he started shaking his head vigorously.

“Will you cut that out!” said Edward.

“What is he doing?” I asked.

“He is trying to distract himself with other thoughts so I can’t figure out why we are here.  It’s giving me a headache.”

“Can’t you just not read his mind?”  I asked.

“It doesn’t quite work that way, Bella” Edward said.

“Try” I said.  He laughed.

Jacob glared at Edward, but stopped shaking his head.  “Hey Bells” he said.  “I have to tell you something.”

“What?” I asked suspiciously.  I guess that this had something to do with Edward and me getting married.  Why couldn’t Jake just let it go?  Couldn’t we still be friends? 

Of course we couldn’t be friends.  Not when part of me wanted to kill him every time I saw him.  Not when I was overwhelmed with all the strength and thirst that came with being a newborn.  But maybe…

“I need you to listen, Bella” said Jake.  “I can tell you’re not listening.  This is my last chance.  I have been thinking about what you said.  You know, that I need to learn to accept your decision.  I was up all night this whole week thinking and I realized that I can’t.”

“Jake…” I started, but he interrupted.

“Think about all that time we spent building the bikes together.  You think you can’t live without him.  But if you are being completely honest, you thought he was gone for good.” He glared at Edward before continuing his speech.  “But you still were living.”

“Sort of” he added as an afterthought.

I felt compelled to say ‘no I wasn't’, but I knew that would make both Edward and Jacob feel terrible. “Yes” I swallowed.

“So I need to ask you something. 

“What are you saying?” Edward grumbled.

“Shh” I said to him.  “What?”  I asked Jacob, this time breathing heavily.

“Will you, Isabella Marie Swan, marry me?” he said.

“What!?” I shouted

“I asked you to marry me.”

“No, Jake you just don’t get how it works!” I shouted.  “You don’t ask someone who is en… eng… already getting married to marry you!  Are you insane?!”

I looked at Edward.  He looked like he was about ready to rip Jacob apart.  I never would have guessed this is what Jacob would ask.  Not in a million years!  Not in a billion years!

At first I was going to say no, there was no questioning that.  This was ridiculous, even for Jake.  I mean, who asks someone to marry them when that person is already, ugh, engaged.  And in front of their ‘boyfriend’.

I remembered something Charlie had said back in May. "And then you were always so happy after spending the day with Jake." he had said.  I had to admit that was true.  But that was no reason to marry someone.  And in another case, Edward made me happier. 

Then I began to think about what happened when Edward had left.  How Jacob had healed me.  I thought more about why Edward left: to avoid changing me.  This would solve that problem.

I told myself no.  I would not marry Jake.  And while you were on the subject, Jake was 16!  That’s not even legal.  Maybe if he asked me to be his girlfriend or something then it would have been a lot easier to say yes.  Well, at least to consider it.

I was speechless.  Finally I said an insane thing.

“Yes” I whispered.  I regretted it so much, but I stood firm.  I couldn’t understand why.

Jacob smiled hugely . I glanced at Edward.  He stared at Jake, then at me, and then he turned around and vanished. 

“Edward!” I called.  I felt awful.  What had I done!  What about Alice and her wedding plan that she had concocted?  What about Esme’s excitement about me joining the family.  What about the Volturi and me having to be changed.  I couldn’t think straight.

“Let’s break the news to Charlie and Billy” he said.  His voice was arrogant and happy.

“Sure, sure” I said.  What did I just do?  Oh why, oh why did I have to pick that moment to go completely crazy?  What had I done to Edward?  To Alice, to Jasper, to Carlisle, to Esme, to Rosalie and Emmett?  Well, I didn’t think Rosalie would care.  But, still.   I was so angry with myself that I couldn’t see sense.  I almost screamed, but I figured that would hurt Jake’s feelings.

I thought of how happy Charlie would be.  He would get rid of Edward without me going to a zombie-like existence. 

I was so mad.  Then I thought of something.

“Um, Jake, Edward left his Volvo here.  I think I should bring it back to his house.  I think he’ll need it” I said.

Jake was cautious.  “I don’t know Bells, maybe you shouldn’t.  I – ”

“I’ll be fine, Jacob.  We can tell Charlie and Billy later.  By the way, aren’t you sixteen?  You aren’t old enough to be married.

“Well, things work differently on the reservation.  I can get married whenever I want because of the whole imprinting thing.  We can’t really control it and so we can get married whenever.”

“Oh” I said.  Dang!  Then I said, “But I really should bring this back to Edwar…Edwa…him.  How else will he get to school?”

“It’s August, Bells” he said.

“Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot” I said.  “I am just going to go, Jake.  I’ll be back within the hour.  I’ll be fine.”

“Bella?” he asked.

“Yeah Jake?” I said back.

“Come back.  Don’t run away or anything.  Please come back.”

“I will, Jacob” I said.  “I promise.”

Chapter Two: Regrets

I jumped into Edward’s car and immediately drove to the Cullen house.  I wanted to get there soon, even though I knew Edward wouldn’t be there.  It was Alice I wanted to talk to.

I recognized the familiar surroundings of the Cullen grounds as I drove along.

I pulled to the side of the road and opened the car door.  Immediately, Alice Cullen was standing beside it.

“Alice…”

“Bella, what did you do?!” she demanded.  “Edward ran through here a couple of seconds.  He looked angry.”  So I had just missed him.

“It was Jake.  And the…well, I went insane, and…I mean, I didn’t want to but I sort of said, uh, yes.”

“Bella!” Alice groaned.  “Why, why, why would you do that?”

“I’m sorry Alice!” I tried to say.  “I just need to know where he is.  Did you see…”

“I don’t know” Alice stammered.  “I think I saw something.”

“Alice, I need to know.  Think hard!”

“Well, I saw a bright open place.  Maybe a meadow.  It defiantly had flowers.  Edward was lying in the grass.  That is all I know.  Sorry Bella.”

“Thank you, Alice!” I gushed.  Then I hopped in the shiny Volvo and sped away.

I almost drove as fast as he did.  I had only one thought going through my head.  Edward.

After fifteen minutes (which seemed like an entire day), I arrived at our meadow, as I liked to call it.  The first place that I had seen Edward in the sunlight.  I took a quick gulp of air before getting out of the car.

Though I could see the meadow from a distance, it took an hour to hike through all the trees and thorns.  Usually Edward would clear my path, but that wasn’t an option right now.

When I finally had struggled through every last tree root, I stumbled out onto green grass and beautiful flowers.  There, lying beneath the shade of an oak tree was Edward.  He glanced in my direction and I began to wish I was invisible.

“Bella” he said.

“Edward.”

I stood there for a couple of seconds staring at him.  Then I couldn’t control it anymore.  I burst into tears running towards him.  He stood up, surprised.  I fell into his arms and sobbed uncontrollably. 

“Bella” he said.  “Don’t be upset.”

“Oh Edward” I cried.  “I’m so sorry!  I don’t know what I was thinking.  I just… well I felt bad for Jake.  I can’t live without either of you.  But it seems that you two can’t live in the same world together.  I don’t know what to do!  Why did it have to be me? “

“It seems like you have come to an impasse.”

I sniffed up and breathed heavily.  I couldn’t think straight.  Why wasn’t Edward angry?

“What are you thinking?” he asked softly.

I let go of him and stepped back. 

“I’m confused.  Why aren’t you mad at me?”

“Well, whenever I try to be mad at you, it doesn’t seem to work” Edward laughed.  “It seems that you are easy to not be angry at.”

Wiping my eyes, I said, “Are you sure you have the right Bella?”

“Positive.”

Now I was laughing.  I had almost forgotten about Jacob.  I couldn’t bring myself to be sad.  Edward wasn’t angry with me.

“I’m sorry” I whispered.

“Don’t be” he said.  “You had every right to say yes.  I couldn’t have stopped you.  Nobody could.”

“I don’t want to marry Jacob” I said.  “I want to marry you.

“I know that, love.”

“Edward, tell me what to do!”  I felt more tears spilling over the brim of my eyelids.  “I don’t know what to do!  What about you?  I can’t live without you!”

“Bella, don’t cry!” he said.  “We can still be friends.  I can take you back here tonight.  If that’s what you want.”

“Yes, yes!  Edward that’s exactly what I want.  I want to be with you.  Forever!”

That’s when I got the idea.

Tags: Fanfiction, Full, Moon, Saga, Twilight

Views: 102

Replies to This Discussion

lik it

interesting you've got my attention! :)

Update soon please!!

I would like to know what Jacob wants to tell them ^.^

- LoveCookkies

sounds really good and I can't wait to read more...please update soon!
OMGG..... Like write more ASAP because this is amazing and I absolutely L O V E it. <3333333333333333
Love it!!!!

Wow, great premise...who would have thought Bella could muster the guts to answer honestly?? ... and what does Jake want to say??

BTW - the proper term really isn't finance [unless you're taking a quickie business course together], it's fiance... might want to edit that... yeah.

omg love it poor edward whats wrong with bella ! keep me updated plz !!!
plz wright more this is relly good :)
I love it! I cannot believe Bella said yes! Please keep me upated!
omg plz update me and add me

omg i love it wow

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service