The Twilight Saga

This fan fiction takes place during the time after the van crash when Edward is ignoring Bella. Bella has already figured out what Edward and the rest of the Cullens are, and she still wants to be with Edward (who wouldn't?). When they fall in love, Bella reveals a secret that could put their relationship and even their lives at risk.

Chapter 1
BPOV

I sat at my usual lunch table with Jessica and Mike and a bunch of other people I didn't really like. Well, except for Angela, she helped me through the treatments. I was currently drowning out Jess's constant chatter by staring at Edward Cullen.

He was glaring murderously at the wall, as he had done since the day after the van accident. It had been a mystery to me, why he would save my life and then act as if I had cursed him. Of course, now I knew that he only hated me because I had threatened to expose what he and his family truly were: vampires.

It did not particularly bother me that Edward was a vampire. I had no proof that he was good, but if he wasn't then why would he save me? If he did kill humans, then at least he was good at heart.

At that moment, Edward looked at me for the first time in a week. His stare was no longer angry, it looked...desperate. I couldn't look away from his smoldering ocher eyes, and Edward couldn't seem to be able to break the gaze either. His expression softened and his lips pulled up a little at the corners, and I returned his shy smile.

All too soon, Emmett kicked him under the table so hard that Edward's chair slid a few inches across the ground. He looked away reluctantly, but I refused to drop my eyes. Edward closed his eyes, burying his face in his hands and shaking his head. Then, suddenly, he stood up gracefully and walked swiftly out of the cafeteria, leaving his untouched food tray with his shocked siblings.

I followed after him, leaving my food and Jessica babbling to Angela about her first date with Mike. I rushed through the double doors of the lunch room just before they closed after Edward. He was walking down the hall, running his fingers through his already tousled bronze hair.

"Edward!" I called after him. Edward immediately pivoted when he heard my voice, the same desperate look in his eyes. "Wait!" I said, catching up to him.

"Bella?" Edward asked, though he clearly knew who I was.

"What was that about?" I asked him, stopping a few feet away. Edward took a deep breath before answering.

"I shouldn't...be with you," he said slowly. "I want to, but...it would put you in too much danger."

My heart leapt. He wanted to be with me! This amazing creature was only staying away from me to keep me safe! Not that he could control if I lived or died now. I could feel a smile spreading across my face. "You really want to be with me?" I asked timidly.

"Yes," Edward moaned, and his expression was not far from a burning man's. It made me want to comfort him in some way, but I couldn't think how.

"I know what you are," I whispered, sure that he could hear me. Edward's eyes widened, his mouth opening slightly. He obviously wasn't expecting this, but he composed his face after a second.

"Then why are you still here?" Edward snarled, turning away from me. He began walking again, but I ran forward and grabbed his jacket.

"Because I don't care what you are!" I practically shouted. "It doesn't matter to me, I just need someone to..." I trailed off, having said too much already. Edward seemed to sense that, but to my relief he moved on.

"You...what?" Edward seemed too shocked to comprehend my words.

"I want to be with you," I repeated, still clutching his sleeve like a lifeline. Edward stared at me incredulously, but he seemed to understand this time.

"Please don't leave me," I whispered desperately; I had had too many good things taken away from me in the past, and he was the most precious. I couldn't lose him!

Edward seemed to realize how much I needed him, or maybe he needed me just as much, because he placed his hand on my cheek and said, "I won't."

Tags: angel, bella, cancer, dead, death, edward, heartbeat, sick

Views: 127

Replies to This Discussion

This is really good.. but I think that some things are going just a bit too fast in here...Anyway I love it and please post asap!
Hugs,
Ashley
WOW!! This is a really good story please continue!1
that great chap makes up for it
What is on his mind? Post more soon so I can find out. PLEASE!!!!!!!
Loved it!
Missed reading this!
Please keep going!
amazing, just amazing
but im mad at u for the cliffy!!
wat is he going to ask alice *thinks*
*rubs chin*
*stops thinking*
*shrugs*
i have no fricken idea
update soon!!
Stephanie
Awesome! update again soon PLEASE!!!!
I love it! I actually have that jacket :)
Hey does anyone else wanna make banners for this story? It would be really cool :)
so good pls add and update me when you post. Cheers gal
I am just reading your story for the first time and I love it, so please post more soon.
We love it plzz keep us updated :)))))

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service