The Twilight Saga

"MAN! Paul!" I bellowed at him.

"What?" He asked sweetly.

"You spilled milk all over my shorts!" I yelled.

"Now, are we crying over spilled milk, Collin?"

I could feel myself start to tremble.

"Dude... calm down, it was a joke."

"I don't find it funny," I groweled.

He glared at me from across the table, and I glared back. The rest of the pack sat silently.

"What's going on in there?" Sam called from the kitchen. When no one answered, he came around the corner. "Now, calm down, both of you. Emily will kill me if you ruin any sort of funiture in here."

I took calming breathes and closed my eyes. I only focused on the motions of breathing, nothing else.

Brady came back in then, helping Emily carry the groceries in.

"Hey," he said casually. "Whoa, what happened to you, Collin?"

"Paul."

"Oh," he dropped the subject. He set the bags down and faced the rest of the pack.

"You know, not everyone can be freakishly strong!" Emily called from outside.

We all got up and helped carry the rest of the groceries inside.

"Sorry guys!" Seth glided up the steps of the porch.

"Where have you been, squirt?" Sam asked.

"I'm not the youngest anymore," He looked at me and Brady.

"Haha," we said flatly. This is just the perfect start to another pack meeting.

"I was actually helping Leah and Sue get the roof fixed."

"What happened?" Jared asked, curiously.

"Well, before Dad..." His voice trailed. We nodded understandingly. Seth lost his dad, Harry Ctearwater, trying to find the red headed leech that was trying to get to Isabella Swan. "There was a weak spot in the roof. The huge storm that just passed? You know the one,right? Yeah, well, it knida just fell while we were sleeping. This morning, the house was practically flooded. Leah and mom mopped up the water and I patched the roof. Leah told me to come and fill her in on whatever she missed."

"Well, let's get started." Sam started the meeting. "There's a tourist group coming soon."

"Why is that of relevance?" Quil queried.

"It seems that where ever they go, so do disappearances."

"So?" I was bored.

"Would you guys let me finish? ANYWAYS, later they're found. Drained of all blood and in a dissaray."

"What do you mean?" Seth asked.

"Broken bones, bruises, missing fingers, arms... and every single one of them have another thing very similar. Two, what appears to be, puncture wounds, always about an inch apart, on the wrist, neck, hand... the list is endless of where they are found on the body."

"What are you steering at?" I asked, interested.

"I think they may have a vampire among them."

"There might be some psycho in those cities, trying to prove a point that mythical creature exist. There are a lot of reasons that those people are dead." Paul countered.

"But the interesting thing is, that once they leave that town, it doesn't happen again."

We were silent, mulling over the information presented.

"Why is it important to us?" Quil asked.

"They're coming to Forks."

"Oh."

"Well, that's interesting." We jumped at the sound of Jacob's voice. Renesmee in his arms.

"Is it going to hurt you, Jakey?" She asked in a small voice.

"No."

"Me?"

"I wouldn't allow it." He vowed.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, making me jump. I grabbed it out of my jeans.

"Yeah?"

"Collin, is that you?" My mom sounded like she was crying.

"Yeah, mom. What's amatter?"

She snifed. "There's a man here. He wants to see you."

"Tell her what I really want, b*$@!." I heard in the background.

My mom cried out in pain as something hit her.

"MOM!" I shouted.

"He wants you to come alone, to First Beach. If you come, Collin, I swear..."

"Mom what does he want?" I was frantic now.

"Give me the phone." My mother screamed and there was a thud on the other end.

"Who are you?" I groweled.

The man chuckled. "You'd like to know. My nephew is coming in a couple weeks."

"Why would I care?"

"He's different.-" away from the phone- "Keep her quite." Someone spoke on the other end. "I don't care. Threaten her or something, I DON'T CARE! Just keep her quite."

Mom: No. no, no, Please!

"Don't touch her!"

He chuckled on the other end.

"What do you want?" I asked furious.

"Meet me. First Beach. Five o'clock. Come alone, or she gets it." My mom's blood curdiling scream was cut short as he hung up.

I held the phone to my ear, replaying her scream over and over in my head.

"Dude, are you OK?" Seth touched my shoulder. I whacked his hand away and jumped up and immediatly took a defensive posture. "Whoa, dude calm down."

I looked at the clock on the wall. Four thirty six.

"What happened?" Jacob asked as he set Renesmee down.

Hot tears spilled down my cheeks. My mom was in trouble.

I looked at the face of my friends. I sat back down and let the tears spill down my cheeks.

"My mom's in trouble." I managed to choke out.

"What do you mean?"

I explained the phone call to them and they immediatly said they were coming.

"You can't."

"Why not?" Sam asked.

"He told me to come alone. If I didn't, 'or she gets it'" I quoted.

"Dude, that sucks." Paul said.

I wanted to tear his head off.

"We're coming,too. But at a distance." Sam qlarified.

It made me feel safer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At five o'clock, I walked into the First Beach parking lot. No car or person was there, so I walked down to the beach.

Down by the water, was a body.

"Mom?" I ran to whoever it was. "Mom!" I called.

It was her. She was unconscious. Pinned to her shirt was a note.

Insignificant Dog,

We did not kill her, though her blood has a very delitful taste to it. Like sugar.

I want you to stay away from the tourist group that is coming here to Forks. In that tourist group, there is a boy. He's my nephew. My nephew was changed. He doesn't know it, but he kills people in his sleep. He wakes up in strange plaaces and doesn't know how he got there. If you or your pack of dogs lay a paw on him, I will return and not be as gracious to your mother as last time. I'm warning you.

I'm sorry we couldn't meet in person. But I had a feeling that your wolf friends would be here, like they are now. So, better to be safe then sorry. Hopefully we won't ever have to meet. If we do, that means that I'm going to be taking your life from you... or your mother's. Or both.

Your intruder.

I rolled my mother off of her side. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was slow. On her neck, were two punture wounds.

I was infuriated. I trembled and felt the shiver of heat run down my spine.

"Is she OK?" Sam asked as he approached me.

"Yeah. She just needs to get out of the cold."

"I'll carry her."

At my house, I handed Sam the short, but life threatening, note to him.

"What do we do?" I asked when he finished reading the note.

And for the first time, Sam said the three words I never thought he would say. "I don't know," he said.

Right then and there, I knew we were doomed.

Tags: Bella, Brady, Collin, Embry, Harry, Jacob, Jared, Leah, Paul, Quil, More…Renesmee, Sam, Seth, Sue

Views: 187

Replies to This Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service