The Twilight Saga

this starts off in eclipse with jake's point of view, but it's different from real story. this is just my version.

a lot of things change for the residents of LaPush and Bella Swan. desire, confusion, and murder weave new paths for each of their lives. secrets reveal themselves and rupture the skin.  new passions come to light. can imprinting make love easier?... can true love conquer imprinting?

Jacob Black Forever Chapter 1: Sunrise

i woke up this morning to find my legs stretched over the end of my bed. dang. i had grown again. i sat up and yawned, and stretched and flexed my arms. i felt like a freak. my muscles bulged. i looked in the mirror and decided that maybe they weren't so bad. i put some gray sweat pants over my legs and went to the kitchen for breakfast. dad was already there. i opened the fridge and drank the milk right from the carton.

Billy cleared his throat and folded his arms across his chest. "you're not dressed for school, yet?"

"i'm not going," i winked at him. i took another swig of milk from the carton.

"why not son?" he asked. i thought the answer was obvious.

"dad. look at me. i'm a freak of nature. you think kids at school aren't gonna notice these physical changes and make fun of them?"

"you shouldn't care what they think. you are something special. you have been chosen by nature to be the next alpha in our family tree. if i had gotten that chance, i wouldn't be complaining about it like you are," dad said.

"whatever, dad."

i poured him a glass of milk and set it on the table. then i rolled him under it and made him something for breakfast.

"aren't you going to school today?" he asked. it wasn't a question. more like if you don't say yes then don't bother coming home this afternoon.

"maybe," i said. i put a pop tart in the toaster. i enjoyed testing his patience to an extent. but i always know where my limits are with dad. i looked out the window and the sun's ray beamed down like a lazer.

"you are not a freak. you are special," dad said.

"sure," i responded, still staring out the window. the sun never hurt my eyes when i look directly at it. it's like i'm the same species as the star. we could be one. we could take each other's place in nature. i whipped my head. then i felt my hair and realized the long black locks i use to sport were gone. i always seem to forget that. i rubbed the back of my head. my hair now was short and glossy. if i grew it back out, i would be one hairy wolf.

i put the pop tart on a plate and slid it to dad.

"thanks," he said. "now go put on a shirt and go to school."

i walked back to my room and looked around. what a mess, i shook my head. almost every piece of clothing i owned was either ripped or shredded. i siffed through the piles looking for something halfway decent to throw on. i put on a white shirt. then i took off the sweat pants, they didn't go with the shirt. but they did if i wanted to look like a homeless guy. i slipped on some blue jeans and then stuck my feet into some sneakers. i grabbed my backpack and banged my forehead walking out of the doorway. i said bye to dad and this time i ducked my head as i walked through the doorway of the front of the house. it felt like summer to me, but it was October. i got into my truck and drove to school. i was low on gas but i could make it there and back without running out. i decided to get some gas anyway before i returned home.

the school parking lot was scarce of cars. and i felt guilty for being one of the few kids that had a vehicle. i parked and walked up the steps just as the bell rang for first period. i caught Mrs. Nenette blushing at my physique. i couldn't help but smile, but i worried about giving her the wrong impression. like i said, i couldn't help but smile.

"good morning, Mrs. Nenette," i said.

"good morning, Jacob," she said.

i was the tallest kid walking through these halls. girls smirked at me and flirted. guys looked at me and wondered. maybe they wondered how i get so buff. maybe they wanna ask but are too 'macho' to ask. oh well. it's not like there's an answer i can give them. because there is none that i can share. they will just have to wonder. i walked into Mrs. Ono's class before ducking my head. she smiled and said hello. the thick round lenses of her glasses got jammed into her high set cheekbones as she smiled. i said hello and took my seat. i put my back pack on the floor.

Views: 3348

Replies to This Discussion

hi!!! hope you get the updates fast..hahaha..im not expecting it to be superman fast but I'm just so thrilled to read more about the story....especially the paul and bella moments..hahahaha!!! just keep em coming :-)

Pov-Bella Swan chapter 20 Promise

“back to the matter at hand,” I mumbled, agitated. “you guys killed the wrong vampire.”
They all bucked their eyes at me, insulted. I tried to explain further. “the note suggests there were two vampires in my house. Edward and someone else besides Charlie.”

“hey, don’t get mad at them. They were just doing their job,” Leah butted in.

“Edward would have kept Charlie safe if someone was trying to hurt him. I don’t think he knew he wasn’t alone,” I said.

“Edward was a mind reader. If someone else was in the house with him, another vampire, he would have picked up on it immediately. But what was he doing? Going through your personal belongings!” Jacob said.

“if another vampire was in there, Eddie wasn’t too concerned about Charlie,” Paul said.

“maybe they were working together,”Leah pondered.

“that’s ridiculous!” I shouted. “maybe the Volturi sent someone who could block Edward from reading their thoughts.”

“now that’s ridiculous,” Paul said. “how were they suppose to know Eddie was going to be in your house.”

“we were together. Remember,” I reminded him. “always together. Inseperable.”

“yeah. Until he left you high and dry in the middle of a forest,” Leah mumbled to herself.

“you know what? I could punch you,” I threatened her.

“do it!” she said, her eyes bugging. She knew I would hurt myself if I hit her. I shrunk back.

“alright. Alright,” Sam said. “if Bella thinks there’s another vampire after her, we have to take her word for it. If she gets killed, we can only blame ourselves for not listening.”

Jacob flinched.

“okay,” Sam continued. “I’m taking takers. Who wants to patrol the Swan place and who wants to patrol the land.”

Seth and Jared came over. “we’ll take Swan’s place,” Seth said.

“I wanna stay here,” Leah said.

“I’ll stay with Leah,” Collin said.

“me, too,” Paul said.

“and me,” Jacob said.

“alright. That’s enough,” Sam said. “the rest of you patrol with Seth and Jared.” That was for Embry and Brady and Quil.

“and Jacob,” Sam said, “maybe you should ask Billy’s permission if Bella can stay at the house.”

I heard snickers all around me.

“oh that’s right,” Embry said. “Billy wasn’t too happy about having to tell Charlie about vampires and were.. shapeshifters.”

“and all our secrets,” Seth muttered, he didn’t seem too happy about it either.

“is he still mad?” I asked.

“he says it’s your fault,” Embry said.

“I’ll ask him anyway,” Jacob shrugged.

“he’ll say no,”Paul said.

“you don’t know that for sure,” I folded my arms in.

“I know he’s ticked off at you,” Paul said.

“maybe it’s not a good idea,” Jacob said, caving in.

“well then where am I suppose to go?” I asked everyone. Paul raised his hand, subtly.

“I told you. I got extra room,” Paul said.

“if you touch her, I swear I’ll.” Jacob said before Paul cut him off.

“it won’t be up to me anyway. It’s all up to Bella,” Paul said. He was right. It was all in my hands. All I have to do is keep my promise to Jacob and everything will be okay.

“okay,” I said. “I’ll go stay with Paul.”

“oooh,” Leah swooned.

“nothing’s going to happen,” I insisted.

“who wants to take a bet?” Embry asked. Collin and Brady’s hands shot up. Even Seth was interested.

“that’s pointless,” Paul said. “I wouldn’t kiss and tell anyway.”

“we’re gonna hear about it one way or another,” Embry said, taking money from Collin. He started counting the wet dollars, a grin on his face.

“boys, cut that out,” Sam said, irritated. He snatched the money out of Embry’s hand and shoved it into Collin’s chest. “you boys are ridiculous.” Sam walked over to Emily. “you start tonight when the sun goes down,” He pointed at them.

Leah groaned.

Sam helped Emily up. Emily put her knitting inside a woven basket.

“she looks like she’s ready to pop,” I noted.

“won’t be long now,” Embry said. everyone dispersed. except Jacob and Paul. Jacob put his hands on my shoulders.

"remember what we talked about," he said.

"i know," i said. he looked at Paul through the corner of his eye. "go on." he released me. i followed Paul to his house. and Jacob went home.

"what'd you two talk about?" Paul asked.

"just me staying clear of  you," i said, brushing a tree limb out of my way.

"you and i both know that's going to be impossible," he said.

"for who?" i asked, smirking.

Jacob Black Forever chapter 21 Come What May

pov-Bella Swan

we walked up to Paul's house. it looked like a cottage. it was painted grey and the roof and window blinds were dark grey.

"you live by yourself?" i asked.

"yeah," he said.

"i think this is dangerous," i said.

"for who?" he chuckled. we walked up the porch steps and went inside. "anyways, you're safe here. that's the whole point."

i looked around. then i took my jacket off and layed it across the sofa. a white cat came out of nowhere and skitted across my feet. i jumped, very surprised.

"oh. that's Lexie. my cat," Paul said.

"i didn't know you liked cats," i said.

"i didn't either," he said. "she followed me home one day. guess i shouldn't have fed her."

i looked down at the rounded furball. her eyes were green and her  head was shaped like a triangle. she had two triangular shaped ears sitting on top of her head.

"does she shed?" i asked.

"not that i can tell," he said.

"where do i sleep?" i asked.

"where ever you want," he smiled.

"don't make any moves on me, okay," i warned.

he laughed. "you're holding all the cards."

thunder cracked outside. and rain suddenly poured down loudly. i went to the kitchen. a stainless steel kettle sat on the stove.

"you're welcome to anything in there,"Paul called.

"thanks," i said, moving around the corner of the kitchen so he could hear me. there was a knock at the door.

"Bella, can you get that!" Paul asked. i went to the door and opened it. it was Leah. she walked right in.

"what are you doing here?" i asked, amused.

"making sure you two behave yourselves," she said, plopping down on the couch. she took a magazine from the coffee table and flipped through it. i looked at her.

"unbelievable," i mumbled. "he doesn't trust me."

"who doesn't trust you?" Leah asked.

"Jake sent you, didn't he," i said.

"nope," Leah giggled. "don't flatter yourself, Bells. you're on my territory."

Paul came back out. he didn't have on anything but a blue towel wrapped around his waist. his mouth was filled with tooth paste as he moved his tooth brush back and forth in it. "oh, hi Leah," he said, his mouth full. he gave a funny smile.

"hey, Paul," she said, comfortably. she stuck her attention into that magazine. Paul stepped out. i was stuck with Leah until he gets back. i didn't know what i could talk about with her. we have  zero in common. and could'n't be any more different than day and night. i looked out the window and caught a sight of lightning striking across the gray sky. then thunder cracked against my eardrums.

"sounds like a storm is about to touch down," Leah said. i looked at her.

"yeah," i agreed. storms were the worst. something bad always happens during a storm. it's when the vampires like to come out and play. i thought about Charlie. i should call him and tell him where i am. maybe Sam already did that. i didn't want to move from this spot. it was too comfy. i sat  underneath the window seel on a soft cushiony round pillow. it covered a booth or a chest. Paul came back out. he put on a steele blue shirt. it pressed to his upper body like a second skin. and his skin was still wet. he had on black jeans and no shoes on his feet. Leah got up and came over to the kitchen. Paul wiped his chin with a towel.

"so what's up?" he asked her. she put the magazine on the kitchen counter.

"just following orders from Sam. the usual," Leah said.

"shouldn't you be outside in wolf form scanning the area?" Paul asked.

"shouldn't you?" she retorted. she opened the magazine again to a page and started reading it.

"oh," i interrupted them. "i'm gonna need to go get my clothes."

"Leah can get them," Paul said. she gave him a mean stare.

"i'll let Charlie know where you are while i'm there," she said, still glaring at Paul as she walked out the kitchen. "anything else you need me to get for you. you know, since i'm at your service and all."

"no," i said, not wanting to name any other female products infront of Paul. "tell him i'm at the Clearwaters." i tacked on, cleverly.

Leah grinned. "sure." she twisted the doorknob. "i'll be back in a flash," Leah smiled quickly. then she was gone.

LOVE IT!!!!!! :D
thanks ashley =0)

Jacob Black Forever chapter 22 Playing with Fire

pov-Bella Swan

the rain fogged up the window. damn, i thought. it was getting dark. i had to find some other way to occupy myself since watching it rain had clocked out. i wanted to go outside and feel it. let it fall on me. of course it would make my clothes wet and sticky, but it would be fun. i use to hate the rain. but not anymore. when it rains this much, you either accept it or find some place else to live. i heard the tv turn on. i didn't pay attention to it. i looked at Paul as he put the remote control on the table in the living room. i wanted to see the rest of his house, naturally. when i'm over any of my friends' house, i'm over curious about how they set everything up, how they decorate, what colors they used. maybe it's just the excitement of being at someone else's house for a change. this couldn't be Paul's house. it was too tidy. i stayed stuck to the window, sitting on the cushioned bench. i wasn't afraid to go near him. i was afraid of what might happen if i did. what Jacob doesn't understand is i can't help it. whether it's my fault i can't or Paul's, there's no helping it. is there?

my stomach growled. embarrassed, i slapped my hand over my belly. Paul pointed to the kitchen and laughed to himself. "whatever," i griped. i went to the kitchen and opened the frigde. i didn't realize how hot is was in here  until the cool air from the fridge came out and hit me. i stuck my head inside it. he had yogurts, a small box of half eaten pizza, milk, juices,  and other junk foods. i closed it and opened the freezer. strawberry ice cream. my tongue wagged. i took out the ice cream and found a spoon, thinking i hit the jackpot. i dug in greedily. i looked over into the living room. Paul was sitting, watching the tv. i could see the back of his head of dark hair. i knew i needed some real food. i put the ice cream down and checked in his cabinets. maybe i could make something. i heard Paul sigh. i was looking at the boxes of macaroni and cheese and rices in the cabinets. he came in and picked up the container of ice cream off the counter.

"you don't have any real food here," i complained. my stomach felt cold, but still very light. "all you got is junk."

"because that's all i eat," he said.

"how often do you make a full meal?" i asked.

"i don't. i go over to Emily's for that," he said. i turned around. he didn't have enough ingredients for me to make anything and make it taste great. maybe i'll try again later. for now, i'd get by with ice cream and a yogurt. i pulled one out of the refrigerator and got another spoon. Paul dipped the icecream spoon into my yogurt and tasted it.

"trade?" i asked. i wanted the ice cream back.

"okay," he said. he wrapped his hand around my yogurt. and instead of taking it, he took it and my hand. he spun me around and pulled me inbetween his legs, my back pressed to his chest. he put the yogurt down. i didn't mind the closeness at all. i acted like we weren't. i got the ice cream from his other hand and ate some. his lips brushed across the nape of my neck several times. if felt like feathers and it tickled. i continued to eat, not giving him any reaction other than the nerve endings in my body. when he got bored with that, he cocked his head to the side and started kissing the side of my neck. my upper body swayed the other way, trying to get away from the sucking sensation. i dropped my spoon on the floor. i didn't bother to pick it up. i had lost my only distraction. now i had no choice but to pay attention to him. i put out my hand holding the container to put on the counter. Paul took it and set it down. his hand flew up my shirt, and he cupped my left breast. i gaped from the hot sensation. usually, a bold touch there would be cold. his hand moved up to my heart. he held it there and i listened to my own heart beating. he listened to, putting his head down on my shoulder. he placed it back on my left breast. then he squeezed it.

"hey!" i complained, reaching for that hand. he spun me around to face him. too fast. a giggle slipt out of me. his mouth slammed into mine before i finished making the sound. we kissed, eagerly. "quit it," i mumbled in his mouth. i bit down on his bottom lip, forgetting that his body wouldn't register it as pain. he moaned instead, as if it tasted good. i pushed my hands against his naval. forgetting to push him away, my hands lingered on his warm skin, getting distracted from what i entended them to do. they went lower and just hung around the silver button to his jeans. i poked the button through the hole. that made him go nuts. he tossed me on the counter. i knocked over the yogurt and it spilled out. its container rolled onto the floor. he planted rough kisses all over my collarbone and he unbottoned my shirt, his mouth kissed lower against my skin with each button that popped out. i kicked my legs out around his waist. a fearful shock tore through my body as i heard the front door opening. Paul cussed. i fixed up my shirt and hopped down from the counter.

"fix your pants," i told Paul, then picking up the spoon and yogurt cup off the floor. i went to put the cup in the trash.

"hi, Leah," Paul said, his voice content. i turned to see her standing in the kitchen doorway. her eyes were glossy as she looked. she wasn't stupid. but she couldn't prove anything.

"hey," she said to him. "Bella, i brought your stuff. i hope you don't mind i sort went through your bathroom and picked some things i thought you might want."

hope you don't mind? i was extremely grateful.

"thanks. i  really appreciate that," i said.

"and i got Charlie thinking your at my house," she said.

"thanks," i said. i tucked some of my hair behind my ear. i suddenly wondered what it looked like to her, if it was messed up. i manuevered passed Paul.

"it's on the couch," Leah said.

i went to the living room and got the stuff. she had found my duffle bag and put everything in it.

"where's the bathroom?" i asked. then i thought i could just peek around the corner and see it from there. "nevermind," i said, as Paul was about to talk. i speedwalked to the hallway. it was the last room on the left. the last room on the right was he bedroom. i put my duffle bag on the sink counter, but it just slipped onto the floor. too big. i looked in the mirror. my hair didn't look too bad. i retreived a comb from my bag and combed it down a little bit. my eyes on my reflection in the mirror, i looked at my shirt. i unbuttoned it, looking at the breast he touched. i wondered why he kept going back to that one. it looked just like the other one. but it was slightly rounder. does he like that one the best, i asked myself. the sudden  knock on the door made me jump. i wish people would stop doing that to me. i buttoned my shirt back up and grabbed my duffle bag. i opened the door. it was Leah.

"oh hey," i said.

"you can just leave that in here," she said, looking at my duffle bag.

"no," i disagreed. "it would just turn into clutter."

"ugh," she sighed. "he won't mind." she took my duffle bag and threw it down.

"what do you want on your pizza?" she asked. "we're ordering out."

"you're staying?" i asked.

"i'd rather be in here than out there on all fours like the other guys," Leah said. "besides. Collin and them can handle it without me."

we went to the living room. Paul just put a movie on.

"what is it?" Leah asked.

"Thirty days of night," Paul smiled.

"that vampire movie?" i let out a sigh of disapproval. "i didn't even watch all of it the first time i saw it."

"well tonight's your lucky night," Paul grinned.

"don't tell me your afraid," Leah bucked her eyes, amused.

"no," i insisted. "but don't you think it's a little weird. right now?"

"well, we can watch Dora the Explorer instead," Paul joked. Leah laughed. i rolled my eyes and sat down on the sofa.

"ooh. vampires. scary," Leah danced around infront of me. then she plopped down next to me on the sofa. Paul played the movie then he sat down with us. holy batman. i'm not gonna sleep sound tonight.

Awesome!!!!!
Thanks =D

Jacob Bkack Forever chapter 23 Skipping Town

povBella Swan

after the movie and the pizza, Leah left to go home.

"she come over a lot?" i asked.

"no. she's just curious," Paul said.

"why?" i asked.

"imprinting," he said. "she's just trying to understand it."

"does that have anything to do with Sam and Emily?" i asked.

"probably," Paul said.

i went to the bathroom. i ran myself some bath water and took a bath. sitting in the tub, i leaned my head back against the rim. i got out and got ready for bed. i slept in my sleeping bag rolled out on the floor. the  next morning i woke up to the sound of a running shower. Paul was taking a shower. i got up and walked to the kitchen. it was Sunday. i wanted some eggs for breakfast. but he had none in his fridge. i thought about driving into Forks to the diner, but i passed. i could live off of junk food for a while. i pulled a bag of chips down off the top of the refrigerator and ate some. Paul came into the kitchen, reaching the towel behind his ear. he seemed to be glad that i was here. i put the chips down and let him pull me inside his arms. i took his hand and pressed it to my left breast. he felt it. the phone rang. he turned around to answer it. i stuck my face back into the bag of chips.

"hello?" Paul said. "Bella, it's for you. it's Billy." Paul gave me the phone. i thought Billy was angry with me. what did he want?

"hello?" i asked into the phone, curiously.

"Bella, it's Billy. have you talked to Charlie lately?" he asked.

"um," i thought. "not since Friday."

"he hasn't been answering his phone. i called him all day Saturday wanting to go fishing together. he hasn't picked up the phone all day long. and he's still not answering," Billy said.

"i'll talk to some of the wolfpack," i told him. "he's probably still going through shock."

"i think he took off," Billy said. "you know he had a lot on his mind."

"i know," i said. "he wouldn't do that, though, without telling anyone where's he's going."

"you don't know that for sure," Billy said.

"you're wrong," i retorted. i didn't mean to sound rude, but it just came out that way.

"see if you can reach him, then" Billy said, ignoring my attitude.

"i will," i said. he hung up without saying bye.

"Charlie's not answering Billy's calls," i informed Paul.

"you're driving a wedge in their friendship?" Paul chuckled. i hit him with the bag of chips.

"it has nothing to do with  me," i said. i started dialing the number to my house. i planned to talk some sense into Charlie. i waited while the phone rang. i put my free hand on the counter. he didn't pick up. i tried again.

"third times the charm," i mumbled. but still, he wasn't answering. "what's his problem?" i complained.

"it's our fault. we should have been more careful," Paul said, taking some blame.

"don't do that. he's just being immature," i said. "i'll fix this."

i went to Paul's room and i got dressed in jeans, a flanel shirt and my jacket while he stood in the doorway drinking juice. 

"you can't leave the land," Paul said.

"but i have to go talk to Charlie," i said. Paul blocked the front door, putting his arm in my way. i ducked under it and left out to find my truck. i walked until i found it. i resented Charlie for making me leave such a peaceful morning. i found my truck. still parked where i left it two days ago. i got inside and drove home. when i pulled up on the lawn, i saw Seth and Quil coming from out of the trees in their human forms.

"what's up, guys?" i asked.

"nothing," Quil said. Seth shrugged. i went into the house.

"dad!" i called out. i walked up the stairs. he wasn't in his room. i went back out side.

"he left for work?" i asked. Quil and Seth looked at each other.

"yeah," Seth said. he didn't sound really confident. "like Saturday."

he left me confused. "he left for work Saturday," i repeated. Seth nodded. "well, what about today?" i asked.

"he hasn't come back yet," Seth said.

"he was gone all night," Quil added. "and he's still not back."

"he was here Saturday?" i asked.

"Saturday morning. he left for work. that's the last time we saw him," Quil said. "he'll be back. still at work probably."

"or the diner," Seth added.

"was he in a bad mood when you saw him leaving?" i asked.

"well. you know Charlie. he was.. Charlie," Seth said. "he waved when he saw  me. i think he's getting use to us as wolves." Seth elbowed Quil. they chuckled. i took out my phone and called the police station. i asked to speak to my dad. the receptionist put me through, but the phone just rang and never picked up.

"what the! no. he wouldn't avoid my phone calls. Billy's, maybe. but not mine," i said. i was turning impatient. i wanted to call Rene and fuss about him. "i'm gonna go to the station and see him," i told Seth and Quil. i jumped into  my truck and drove down there. i parked and got out and walked through the clear doors. i walked up to the receptionist.

"hey, i'm Bella.  we talked on the phone. i'm here to see my dad, Chief Swan." i said.

"honey, you talked to Sharon. my shift just started," she said.

she pointed towards his office. an officer stepped out infront of me.

"hey, Bella," he said. i read his name tag because i had forgot this guy's name. i met him a long time ago when i first got to Forks.

"hey, Officer Lane," i said, looking past him to Charlie's office. it was empty.

"how's Charlie enjoying his vacation?" he asked.

"what? no. he doesn't do vacations," i shook my head.

"he got the weekend off. he was very flustered the last time he came in here, so Corporal gave him the weekend off," Lane said.

"Corporal? is he  knew?" i asked. i never heard of him.

"yeah. he's the new guy in charge," Lane said, dipping his donut in his cup of steaming coffee.

"but Charlie wouldn't ever accept a day off. he loves his job," i said.

Lane laughed. "Bella, even people that love their jobs need some time off every once in a while," he said.

"so you haven't seen him since?"

"i haven't seen since Friday," Officer Lane said. "hey Lori. when's the last time you saw Chief Swan?" he asked the receptionist.

"Friday," she said, her eyes looking over the rims of her vintage eyeglasses. her hair was fiery red and pinned up in tight curls.

"thanks," i mumbled. she smiled, stretching her lips across her face.

"maybe he went fishing?" Officer Lane suggested.

"yeah maybe," i said, feeling like an idiot. i went out and got back into my truck. but he wouldn't go fishing without Billy. especially if Billy was calling as many times as he claims.

What's up with Charlie? Awesome chapter!!
thanks Rachel!!!

Jacob Black Forever chapter 24 Monster

povBella Swan

I put my hands on the steering wheel. “Charlie,” I groaned. I could see myself yelling at him when he comes back. Like he’s the child and I’m the parent. I didn’t want to deal with this right now. I had some money on me and so I decided to go to the book store.
I walked into Luna’s Literature, a family owned book store. Paper moons hung from the ceiling. Luna Pilar, the owner was wrapped in a long purple cloak. Her hair was black, and pulled back in a long braided ponytail. Her skin was the same shade a peanut butter. She smiled when I walked in. her two little kids played around her legs, chasing and tagging each other. Purple and yellow streamers streamed down from the ceiling all around the store. I cruised every isle. Taking my sweet time. Missing this scent of new books running up my nose. It got my mind off Charlie. If he didn’t want to be bothered, then neither did i. a few people sat down around the coffee table, reading material they had pulled from the shelves. Snickers from the back of the store caught my attention. Maybe some school kids playing around. I walked towards the back. I saw five of them huddled together, giggling and snickering at a magazine. One girl from that group looked up only briefly. Horror shot through me as I caught sight of her red eyes. She continued to giggle with her friends. I moved away from that isle. How was I still able to move away while my heart seemed to stop working. I wanted to yell for everyone to get out of the store. But I couldn’t do that. The only reaction I would get is probably laughter.

I went towards the front again, looking at the books closer to the check out counter.

“hi,” I looked up. I looked over my shoulder. But the person was standing beside me.

“hi,” I said. Her hair was brown and parted down the middle, and was fixed to cover most of her face. She never looked directly at me.

“I’m new here,” she said.

“good for you,” I said. “I hope you like the rain.”

“I love the rain,” she smiled through her hair. She had a quasi- modo feel to her the way she hid her face.

“I’m Megan Furillo. You’re Bella Swan,” she said.

“how do you know who I am?” I asked.

“small town. Everybody knows everybody,” she said. That was a good enough answer for me.

“you know what they say about small towns,” I said, as I sneaked to look at her better. She only flinched away like I was trying to bite her.

“you don’t wanna get too close,” she said.

“why? Is something wrong?” I asked.

“everything’s wrong,” she said, picking a book from the shelf.

“way to be optimistic,” I said.

“you’re born. You live. You die.” She put the book back and reached for another one. “well… some of us.”

I looked at her.

“elaborate,” I asked.

“on what?” she asked. “my philosophy of life. I can’t make it any more simple than that.”

I looked over at those kids. They were walking towards the front now. Probably about to leave.

“Megan, come on,” one of the guys violently grabbed her sleeve and pulled her along. I looked away when he did it. He was a boy I seen around at school. another boy i recognized as well, in that group. he walked with his eyes down.

“how’s Charlie,” Megan got out before he dragged her off completely. I whirled around, shock on my face.

“what do you know about my dad?” I asked her.

“small town...” Was the last thing she said before the guy yanked her through the doorway, not letting her finish.. everybody knows everybody.

I picked a book off of the shelf and went up to the counter.

“what’s wrong with Charlie?” Luna asked.

“he’s fine,” I muttered. Then I payed for the book. Luna looked at the book.

“Wolf Man,” she read.

“just some random reading,” I said. I went out to my truck and saw the bakery across the street. Suddenly craving a piece of streusel, or a slice of blackberry pie, I walked over there after I threw my book into the truck.

I tried to shake that girl out of my head. It just freaked me out that even a total stranger could move into town and immediately know about my family. Small towns suck.

The ground was wet. The sky was dripping more rain. A flash ran across my opened eyes. I didn’t let it stop me from crossing the silent street. After I crossed, a boy appeared infront of me.

“hi, there,” he said. It was one of the kids from the book store. the one that hid his eyes before. now he seemed to have no problem showing me the rubies.

“hey, don’t I know you from school,” I asked, cooly. Ignoring his red eyes.

“I bet you don’t know my name,” he said. He was as immobile as a statue and when he did make some small move, like a flick of the hand, or blink, it was too fast. I thought in my head. I didn’t know his name. “when we first me, I tried to ask you out, but you turned me down.”

“and so now. You want revenge or something,” I asked. He chuckled.

“nope, not at all,” he said.

“hey what’s the deal with your eyes,” I asked him. Already knowing what makes his eyes glow ruby red.

“I made a deal with some bad guys,” he said. I looked off and saw Megan leaning on a blue car. It was a familiar car. I saw it lots of times in the Forks high school parking lot.

“nice ride,” I said. He looked behind him.

“oh, that old thing,” he said. “my friend stole it off some jock guy.”

“oh. So that’s why it looks so familiar,” I said. He grinned at me guiltily, and pulled a pack of cigarettes from his pocket. He took out two.

“no thanks. I don’t,” I said, when he held one out for me. I started to put a few things together in my head.

“did she make a deal, too?” I asked.

“oh her?” he said, glancing back at Megan. “she’s the bad guy I made a deal with.”

“what’s your name?” I asked. I figured I might as well get some info on this kid before he does whatever it is he’s about to do.

He chuckled. “see. I’m not suppose to tell you that.”

“smart boy,” I said.

“my folks don’t think so. Er.. didn’t think so,” he chuckled, like he was remembering a happy time.

“Megan wants you to go for a ride with us,” he said.

I laughed. “who told you I was that stupid? And you won’t even tell me your name”
He put the pack of cigarettes back into his jacket. And he let one hang between his lips.

“if you were smart, and you cared about your old man, you would ride with us,” he said.

“what do you know about him?” I asked, growing anxious.

“I know he’s not in Forks anymore,” he said.

“why doesn’t she ask me herself?” I asked.

He chuckled. “she’s shy.”

i grimaced.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service