The Twilight Saga

Banner by RussetWolfLuv

Banner by Shana

The sequel to let it Rain is here!

Also, if you haven't read let it rain yet, here is the link. I highly recommend reading it before reading let it die.

http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/let-it...

Preface:

Written by Shana

I stayed quiet and did as I was told. I didn't want to cause any trouble. The blindfold over my eyes caused me to see nothing. I was nervous, sweating and shaking. I had no idea where he was taking me. I was told
to be quiet and not to try anything funny. I tried to do just that, but it was
hard. I wanted to know where I was and why I was here. I tried to take in the
smell and the sounds around me. I heard the wind howling and I felt it ruffle
my long, black hair. I took in a deep breath. I smelt salt, the smell of the
ocean. Beneath my feet I felt the soft, warm sand. I heard the waves of the
ocean crashing against the shore. I was at the beach, that I was sure of.
"Why are we here?" I whispered. He tightened his grip on my hands and
walked faster, pulling me along behind him.
"You'll find out soon enough." He replied, his voice was scared. I
wondered why. If anyone was supposed to be scared it should be me. We walked a
bit further and then he stopped. Then I smelt the smell of a camp fire. It
burned my nose with delight and brought back so many memories. He then let go
of my hands and I felt hands in my hair undoing the blind fold. Once it was
untied I kept my eyes closed for a second. "Rayne." His voice was
soft now. I opened my eyes and he was down on the sand. There was a smile on
his face and his eyes were bright with excitement. We were by a small driftwood
fire on the beach, the sun was beginning to set. Red, orange, purple, and pink
floated across the sky. Then I noticed the position he was in. He was on one
knee in front of me.
"Rayne, I love you." He said. "I've always loved you. You're the
only person I want to be with for the rest of my life, and I'm sure about that.
I know that I've hurt you before. But I promise that I'll never do it again.
I've never loved anyone the way I love you, so Rayne Gabrielle White, will you
marry me?" I felt the tears in my eyes as my heart raced. Jacob wanted to
marry me. But did I want to marry him?

Chapter list:

Preface: Discussion Page
Chapter 1 Breanne: page 2
Chapter 2 Bonfire: Page 3
Chapter 3 What are you doing here?: page 4

Views: 48

Replies to This Discussion

A/N: I am SOOOO sorry that I took a million years to update. But it's here now, so enjoy :)

Chapter Three: What Are You Doing Here?

Rayne's POV

"Lynn, I am not going to that party! I have nothing to wear!" I groaned. Jacob was having a party at his house tonight. He only told me about it this morning so I had no time to go out and get a dress, or something nice to wear. I had nothing to wear now, so I wasn't intending to go. Lynn ran into my room.

"Oh no no no. You're going." She said and ran into my closet. She was like a tornado. She ripped things off of the shelves, grabbed stuff in her hands, stepped on things. It was kinda scary. She came out with a handful of things. She laid them out on the bed and looked at me. "Pick something." I looked down at what she had taken out. They were all nice things, things I didn't know I had. In the end, I decided on a cute yellow and black summer dress summer dress. I guess I'd just have to count on Lynn next time I need something to wear.

"Thanks Lynn." I smiled at her. She smiled back.

"No problem. There was no way I'd let you miss this party." She laughed.

"Why not?" She looked away and hesitated. "Lynn. what are you hiding from me?" I questioned suspiciously.

"Nothing." She said quickly. "Nothing, I just... it's Jacob's party and your his girlfriend, so you should be there, you know?" I rose my eyebrow at her.

"You're a bad liar." I muttered.

"I am not lying, it's true." She argued nervously.

"Right." I said sarcastically.

"Okay, well... I'm gonna... gonna go do... something." She said and then rushed out of the room. Why was she acting so weird all of a sudden? What was gonna happen at this party that I didn't know about? Was this a surprise party for me or something? I mean my birthday was already gone. So what was going on? At that moment my phone rang bringing me out of my thoughts. I picked it up and smiled when I saw Jacob's name.

"Well hello there." I answered. He laughed softly.

"Hey Ray." He said. I loved the way he said my name.

"What's going on?" I asked curiously while I laid back on my bed.

"What? What makes you think something's going on. Nothings wrong. Everything fine. I'm not doing anything. Who said I was?" He babbled nervously. That's when I realized something was going on. Lynn and Jake were acting weird, they were hiding something.

"Jacob?"

"...Yea?" He answered hesitantly.

"What are you hiding-"

"Nothing." He squeaked cutting me off.

"Right." I said sarcastically. "Then why are you acting so weird? You and Lynn both." I argued. He stayed quiet for a while. He was probably thinking of an excuse. I felt myself getting angry.

"I have a surprise for you tonight, at the party." He sighed. That was probably why Lynn said she wasn't gonna let me miss it.

"What kind of surprise?" I asked.

"Now, If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise would it?" He laughed softly. I smiled.

"No it wouldn't."

"Exactly. You'll find out at the party." I sighed. I guess I would. But for some reason, I just had a feeling that something bad was gonna happen.

Jacobs POV

The music was bumping, people were dancing and having a good time. This party was huge, and it was gonna be the best party ever. Rayne just needed to get here so we could live it up, then I could propose to her. Yea, I was gonna propose to her. Just then, Lynn and Embry walked i hand in hand. I smiled and walked up to them.

"Hey guys." I yelled over the music. The smiled at me. "Where's Rayne?" Al most as if on cue, Rayne walked inside looking as beautiful as ever. My jaw dropped as I examined her. Hair long black hair was down and her bangs were clipped back in a small yellow clip so that you could see her face. She had on a tight yellow and black dress that showed off her figure and made her legs look irresistible. She looked amazing. She walked up to me and smiled.

"Hey." She said. "You look great." I smiled at her.

"You look great." I said as I wrapped my arms around her. I leaned down and lightly kissed her lips.

"Thank you." She said with a smirk. "Now, where's my surprise." The ring was practically burning a hole through my pocket right about now.

"I-um, you'll get it later." I said nervously. She looked at me confused.

"You're nervous because?" She asked. I cleared my throat.

"Lets goo dance!" I pulled her into the crowd of dancing people and started to dance with her. At first she didn't dance, she was looking at me confused. But after a while she started to dance with me. I don't know how long we were dancing for, but it was a pretty long time. Because when we stopped people were already leaving my house. The party was coming to an end. Soon enough, the only people left were the pack and their imprints. We all started to clean up, and after we were done we all settled into the living room and started talking. We started to talk about nothing in particular, but the conversations soon thined out and I knew it was my tiurn to do something. It was time for me to propose. Rayne yawned and leaned off of my chest.

"I'm tired." She said. "I think I should be heading home."

"No!" I said quickly. She looked at me confused. "I have your surprise." I smiled.

"But Jake, you know it's like 5 in the morning. That party was pretty long. Why don't you give me the surprise when I've had sleep and I'm in a better mood." She tried to negotiate.

"Nope." I shook my head. Embry and Lynn had already set up stuff at the beach. I stood and pulled her to her feet. "Come on let's go." I dragged her out of the house and put a blindfold on her.

"Jake?" She asked.

"Mhmm."

"Why am I blindfolded?" She giggled.

"It's part of the surprise." I explained. "I'll guide you, but I don't want you to see where we're going."

"Why not? Are you planning to bring me into the forest and butcher me to death?" She laughed. I smirked and continued to lead her down the road to the beach.

"Maybe." I laughed.

"Wow, and here I am thinking it was gonna be romantic, stupid me." I smiled and kissed her cheek.

"I love you." I told her. She smiled.

"Then why do you want to butcher me?" She joked.

"Funny." I snorted with a smile.

"I know I am. God gave me my humor, such a brilliant gift."

"Right." I snorted again. "What's up with all the jokes? You've never gone on a joking spree before." A small smile pulled at her lips.

"I don't know." She shrugged. I had so much fun tonight, I never thought I could feel so free, you know? I danced and partied all night with you and I realized how much fun I was having. It felt nice to have that much fun. Now, I feel like I want to keep on having as much as I can. I wanna laugh more, and dance more, and party more. I just want to have fun. I've been deprived of that my whole life." She was right. As a kid, we'd have fun but that was until her parents came home from work, or when she used to have to go to skating lessons or practice. Her mom basically sucked the fun out of her life. At a point in time she found skating fun, but that passed when everyone realized how good she was. After that, she wasn't doing it for fun, she had to do it because her mom wanted her to be the best.

"I'd like to see you having fun more often. You have a beautiful smile that I don't get to see much. Well other than when you see me shirtless." I joked. She laughed.

"Then I guess you'd be seeing me smile all the time, considering you're always shirtless." I couldn't help but laugh at that.

"I am not." She scoffed.

"Yes you are."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Are you really gonna continue this losing argument? Or can I get my surprise now?" I smirked. We were on the beach now.

"You can have it now. Just keep walking."

Rayne's POV

I stayed quiet and did as I was told. I didn't want to cause any trouble. The blindfold over my eyes caused me to see nothing. I was nervous, sweating and shaking. I had no idea where he was taking me. I was told to be quiet and not to try anything funny. I tried to do just that, but it was hard. I wanted to know where I was and why I was here. I tried to take in the smell and the sounds around me. I heard the wind howling and I felt it ruffle my long, black hair. I took in a deep breath. I smelt salt, the smell of the ocean. Beneath my feet I felt the soft, warm sand. I heard the waves of the ocean crashing against the shore. I was at the beach, that I was sure of.

"Why are we here?" I whispered. He tightened his grip on my hands and walked faster, pulling me along behind him.

"You'll find out soon enough." He replied, his voice was scared. I wondered why. If anyone was supposed to be scared it should be me. We walked a bit further and then he stopped. Then I smelt the smell of a camp fire. It burned my nose with delight and brought back so many memories. He then let go of my hands and I felt hands in my hair undoing the blind fold. Once it was untied I kept my eyes closed for a second. "Rayne." His voice was soft now. I opened my eyes and he was down on the sand. There was a smile on his face and his eyes were bright with excitement. We were by a small driftwood fire on the beach, the sun was beginning to set. Red, orange, purple, and pink floated across the sky. Then I noticed the position he was in. He was on one knee in front of me.

"Rayne, I love you." He said. "I've always loved you. You're the only person I want to be with for the rest of my life, and I'm sure about that. I know that I've hurt you before. But I promise that I'll never do it again. I've never loved anyone the way I love you, so Rayne Gabrielle White, will you marry me?" I felt the tears in my eyes as my heart raced. Jacob wanted to marry me. This was my surprise. I felt a smile form on my lips.

"Jake I-"

"NOO!" I heard someone shout. I looked towards the sound of the voice and my heart dropped. The smile disappeared from my face.

"What-" Jacob said in confusion. Then he turned around and his body went rigid.

"NO! RAYNE YOU CAN'T!" She yelled running towards us. "SAY NO!" I stared at her with wide eyes. She pushed Jacob out of the way and grabbed my arms in her hands. She shook me and looked right in my eyes.

"W-What are you doing?" I whispered in shock.

"You can't marry him." Breanne said. "You can't make this mistake."

A/N: Yup, Breanna is here! :O
What did you guys think?
AH-MAZ-ING!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it <3 love it <3 love it <3 so glad you got anther chapter up. cant wait for more!!
Keep it up :) and please don make us wait as long?? well only if you an avoid it
Wth?!?!?!?!!?
Stupid Breanne!!!! Gosh!
Please, please, up date more soon and keep me posted
-LizzieX-
P.S: First comment, yay!
*screams* i SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want to kill breanne right now!!!!!!!!!!!!! who is she to tell rayne who she should or shouldnt marry?!?!?!??!?! i really HATE her right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why cant she accept the fact that jake and rayne are in love?!?!?! if rayne wants to marry someone, she cant do anything about it, she needs to accept that and move on!! let them be, breanne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great chapter!!!
OMG!!!!!
*Super slow mo*
NOOOOOOOOOO BRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DOOOOOOOONNNNNNTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I swear, Rayne better marry jacob or I will! =P Jaaay kaaay! =) I loved the chapter but seriously, Breanne is like this close to being 'kiddnapped' by 'someone' until the wedding is over o.0 jaaaaay kaaaay again!!!!!!! Grrr.. Breanne, its like WHY MUST YOU RUIN JACOB'S HAPPINESS?! HE HAS ALREADY SUFFERED ENOUGH IN A "PAST LIFE," becuz you know, someone BROKE(n) their PROMISE(s) =P haha Anywho, I loooooovvvvveee it!!!!!!!!! And I swear, you should REEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY publish something *British accent* so that other human beings can be delightfully thrilled with your extremely supercalifragiliousexpialidoucious writing. with potatoes... chips and tea. and fish. Mate.
*Normal voice* So yeah.... Gooooo -Shamanda♥-->!!!!!!! and i like JUST made that up! I was try to be smart in the sentence above above, but that just wasnt gonna happen, ESPECIALLY during summer!
With my speech impediment(without the lisp on the S cuz i cant type a lisp!)

OMG!!!!!
*Super slow mo*
NOOOOOOOOOO BWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DOOOOOOOONNNNNNTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I swear, Wayne better marwy jacob or I will! =P Jaaay kaaay! =) I loved the chapter but seriously, Bweanne is like this close to being 'kiddnapped' by 'someone' until the wedding is over o.0 jaaaaay kaaaay again!!!!!!! Girw.. Bweanne, its like WHY MUST YOU RUIN JACOB'S HAPPINESS?! HE HAS ALREADY SUFFERED ENOUGH IN A "PAST LIFE," becuz you know, someone BROKE(n) their PWOMISE(s) =P haha Anywho, I loooooovvvvveee it!!!!!!!!! And I swear, you should REEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY publish something *British accent* so that other human beings can be delightfully thrilled with your extremely supercalifragiliousexpialidoucious writing. with potatoes... chips and tea. and fish. Mate.
*Normal voice* So yeah.... Gooooo -Shamanda♥-->!!!!!!! and i like JUST made that up! I was try to be smart in the sentence above above, but that just wasnt gonna happen, ESPECIALLY during summer!

Whoo! Typing my speech imped. is funn! But annoying to try to say girl in public...
*Gasp*
God damn Breanna. Just the ruined the moment.....stupid girl.
I wonder if she wants Jake for herself or something? Like maybe she doesn't want him to marry Ryane? I DON"T KNOW! And it's killing me. So more soon!
Great Chapter btw Shana.
DAMN STUPID BREANNE, RAYNE CAN MARRY JAKE IF SHE WANTS TO
Great job Shana! You already know that I LOVE it! :)
sweet
omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STUPID BREANNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY????????????? WHY DID SHE HAVE TO RUIN IT?????????????????? post more asap and she better say yes!!!!! shes an idiot if she doesnt!!!!
Chapter 4: Disappointment.
Rayne’s POV
Written by Amanda-->

“Breanne, what are you doing here?”

“I had to come and stop you from making the biggest mistake of your life!” She yelled. She was acting crazy.

“What are you talking about? I’m not making any mistake.” I protested, knowing exactly what she was talking about.

“Oh, you know what I’m talking about Rayne!” She yelled, angrily. “You know what I mean! You WILL NOT marry him!”

“It’s not your choice!” I said.

“You wanna bet? You ruined everything! You owe it to me!” She screamed.

I stared at her. Breanne was not like this. She couldn’t be like this. She was usually so in control. “Breanne, let me go!” I shouted, grabbing at her arm, trying to pull it off mine.

She wouldn’t budge. “Not until you promise me you won’t marry him.”

“No!” I shouted, struggling to release her arm from me. She had a strong grip.

“Rayne! Come on!” She yelled at me, gripping my arm even tighter.

I screamed, as her nails dug into my skin. “Stop! Stop! Stop!”

Jacob quickly ran over to me, and pulled Breanne’s arm off of me easily. “Get away from her!”

She backed away, looking unsure. I could tell that she was worried that Jake might hurt her if she dared say anything else. She ran off back into the woods.

“Are you okay?” He asked me, after Breanne had disappeared from sight.

I gazed down at my arm, now bleeding. It looked horrible. “No,” I muttered.

Why did she come all this way, just to make sure I didn’t marry Jacob? It didn’t make any sense. No sense at all. I was mad at her. She had ruined everything. Ruined the moment when I would have said yes to Jake. And to top it all off, she had made my arm bleed.

“Should we…um…see someone about it?” He asked.

I shook my head, staring uneasily at the purple spots on my arm. “I’ll be fine.”

He looked uncertain but nodded. “Let’s get you home.”

“Jake-”

“Rayne, you need to go home. We’ll talk in the morning.” He said sternly.

We walked back to his car in silence. Not a word was said. Every second was pure agony. I wanted to say something. Anything. But I couldn’t find the right words.

“Rayne, how could you?” Breanne sobbed, looking over Cody’s dead body.

How could this have happened? I was a murderer. “Breanne I…I…” The knife that I held in my hand dropped to the ground.

“How could this have happened?” I sat down on the ground, dazed. What had I done?

Cody’s smiling face was now replaced with a look of pure horror. His eyes were wide open. The last thing he saw was me with the knife. Me with the knife…killing him.

I started crying. Why did I do it? Why? Why? Why?

I really had no idea why I had done it. It was just like something in my body had snapped, and…and…

“I’m calling the police Rayne!” Breanne screamed, grabbing her cell phone out of her pocket.

Suddenly, my entire body snapped. “No you aren’t.” I hissed, grabbing the knife from the ground and rising from my position.

Breanne looked over at me and screamed. “Rayne! No! Stop! Please don’t Rayne!”

But I couldn’t stop. My entire body was being taken over by this…this…alien.

Another scream. “Rayne! No!”

I shot up out of my bed, covered in sweat. Breathing hard, I headed to the kitchen and began to make myself a cup of hot chocolate.

“What a weird dream,” I muttered.

“Hello Rayne.”

I gasped, spinning around to see Breanne standing at the kitchen door. Blood covered her pink dress.

“Ahhh!” Tears rolled down my eyes. “Why am I dreaming this? Why?” I sobbed. “Why can’t it just die? Let it die!” I pounded hard on my bed, willing the guilt away, willing the dreams away. But nothing worked. I still felt the same. Still couldn’t shake the horrible dream out of my mind.

“Rayne?” Lynn was standing at my bedroom door. “Are you okay?”

I quickly wiped my eyes. “Yeah, I’m fine. What’s up?”

“You were screaming,” she said. “I came to see if you were…okay.”

“Well, I’m fine. You can go back to bed.” I told her.

She gave me a strange look. “Rayne its 10 AM and, obviously, you’re not fine.”

I looked at the bedroom clock. Sure enough, the clock read 10:01. “Crap! I’m late for my shift at Wanda’s.”

She placed my cell phone down on my nightstand. “I called Wanda, to tell her that you had a bad night, and that you needed to sleep. She put you down for the afternoon shift instead. Now, tell me what’s wrong.”

I sighed. “I’m fine big sis. It was just a bad dream. That’s all.”

“Then tell me about your bad dream,” she insisted, plopping down on my bed.

I groaned. “It was just one of those freak things, you know? Didn’t make any sense at all.” Except for the fact that Breanne was in it, and I had killed Cody, and she thought that Cody’s death was my fault.

“Uh-huh. Sure…” She said. “I believe you little sister. Now tell me what really happened.”She smirked, obviously pleased with herself.

“Do you really need to know?”

“Yes. I need to annoy you to no end. After all, that’s what I’m here for. Come on, talk about it. It’ll make you feel better.” She said her expression serious.

I shook my head. “I’m starving. Would you make me some pancakes?” I started to get out of bed, but she pushed me back down.

“After you tell me about your dream.” She said.

“Fine, I’ll make my own pancakes.” I said. Anything to keep from telling her.

Again, as I got up, she pushed me back down. “Rayne. This isn’t a joke. You need to talk about it.”

I sighed, and told her all about my dream.

She frowned. “Maybe…maybe…you should…talk to someone?” She suggested.

I glared at her. “Like a shrink? No way!” I shouted, louder than intended.

“What’s going on in there?” Dee Ann’s voice asked.

Lynn scowled. “Now you’ve gone and done it. Dee Ann won’t stop bothering us until she gets an answer she’s happy with.”

“Like grandmother like granddaughter.” I laughed. It felt good to laugh.

She kicked me. “Shut up.”

“What’s all the shouting about?” Dee Ann asked, now standing in the doorway.

“Uh…we were just talking about how cute…this new guy at school was…and we…um…we…had some disagreements.” Lynn stuttered.

I groaned. Lynn was horrible at lying. Dee Ann would never fall for it.

“Oh yeah? What’s his name?” She asked.

I stared at her, open mouthed. How could she fall for Lynn’s lame lie?

Then Lynn gasped. “Rayne! Look at your arm!”

A/N: Sorry for the wait. Let it die is coming along slowly but steadily. Shana may write next...I'm not sure yet. :)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service