The Twilight Saga

**STORY NOW ON INDEFINITE HIATUS** This is the story of Edward's life after transformation/pre Bella, from his POV. I sort of wrote it for myself at first, as an exercise, but then I decided to share it. It may be a little boring. There isn't really much action yet, it's mostly Carlisle explaining things to him and helping him with his new life. I hope you enjoy it! Please let me know what you think! **all characters property of the wonderful Stephenie Meyer**

Posts are on pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 19 and 20 with pages 2 and 3 containing 2 posts. (Thanks, Lestat for reminding me to add this little guide!)

Thud… thud… thud. Silence.

The relief I felt once the fire had finally ceased didn’t last. I opened my eyes, and the world was not as I remembered.

I could see, hear and feel everything around me… It was frightening, but I couldn’t help but feel fascinated. I looked around the room. I could see each brushstroke in the painting across from me… I could hear the sound of burrowing outside… termites, I assumed, as I could also smell the woody scent of sawdust… and I could feel every stitch of fabric in the sheet that I lay on. I didn’t recognize my surroundings, and before I could think about what I was doing, I leapt out of my bed and across the room at a speed that didn’t seem possible. I spun around and was automatically in a crouch. What was happening?

There was a man sitting next to the bed I had been lying in less than a second ago. I recognized him. This had been my doctor at the hospital, I was sure of it. I watched him carefully. I could hear him saying “I’m sorry, I’m so, so sorry. I cannot believe I did this.” But he wasn’t moving his lips…

And then all of a sudden the doctor was gone and I was looking at a younger man, standing across the room from me. He had very pale skin… and bronze hair… He looked like me, but different, too. I flinched when I saw his bright red eyes. His features were more chiseled and defined than mine were, and he looked more muscular…

“What is happening? What did you do to me?” I said in a whisper. Upon hearing my own voice, I cocked my head in confusion. It did not sound like my own.

“Edward, I know that this is very confusing, but please, you must listen,” he said aloud. And then, without moving his lips, he added, I need to get him outside… he must be in a terrible thirst.

Then it happened again, something took over my body and it acted without my mind telling it to. My throat burst into wild flames and I threw myself out the door and directly toward the moist, beating sound I could hear nearby. I could sense the man following me, but I wasn’t able to turn away. I ran toward the sound faster than lightening. I needed something, anything, to quench this fire in my throat. I took hold of the first thing I reached. Not even realizing what it was, or what I was doing, I buried my teeth into its neck and bled it dry. I threw it aside and did it again and again, until I felt like my body couldn’t hold anything more. The taste in my mouth was terrible, but at least my throat had quieted.

All the while, the man stood back, watching me. Once I had finished, I realized that there were dead animals all around me. I was too shocked to speak. I looked at the man pleadingly for some kind of explanation. Never in my wildest dreams was I prepared for what he said next.

“Edward, my name is Dr. Carlisle Cullen, and I need to explain what has happened to you. Do you remember being in the hospital?” He asked in a slow, wavering voice.

I nodded, unable to speak.

“Both you and your parents had been brought to the hospital to die. Pardon me for being so blunt, but it is true. You were all infected with the Influenza, and there was nothing that could medically be done to help any of you. You already knew that your father had passed away, and soon after, your mother died as well. I check-”

“My mother is dead?” I interrupted, horrified. I gasped, even more horrified when I saw my mother’s pale, drawn face in my mind. Had I seen her before she died, and didn’t remember? Where did this image come from?

Carlisle looked confused by my actions. “I am afraid so, Edward. The Influenza is a horrible illness. Very few have been able to survive it. I checked on the two of you as often as I could, and the last time I saw your mother alive, she looked at me as if she knew what I was, that I was something… else, and begged me to save you. I knew it was most likely the fever speaking, but she looked at me with such clarity in that moment, that I could not believe her to be delusional. I told her that I would do whatever I could. She had used up all of her strength, and she dropped into unconsciousness and passed quickly,” he said, looking at me with pity in his eyes.

He walked slowly toward me with his hands up. I let him approach, unable to move. He placed his hand on my shoulder before speaking.

“I am so very sorry for your loss, Edward. Please try to take comfort in the fact that she did pass quickly. She loved you very, very much. I could see it in her eyes,” he said, before continuing his story.

“I looked at you in the bed next to her. You were so close to death, Edward. In a mere hour or two, it would have been too late. I took care of your mother, and then I covered you with a sheet and wheeled you to the back entrance. The hospital was in utter chaos with so many patients, so I knew that your absence would not be noticed. I carried you here, to my home and tried to make you as comfortable as possible, before beginning the process.”

“The… process?” I choked out. This was utterly ludicrous! If I had been so close to death, how was I not dead, as my parents were?

“Yes. I know this is going to be hard to hear, and I apologize again, but I believe that it is very important that you understand. The process began when I administered venom into your body. Over the course of three days, the venom took over your system in a very painful transformation. I know that it was torturous. I am very sorry for that, but as of yet I have heard of no way to lessen the pain. At the end of the third day, your human heart stopped beating and the transformation was complete.”

I winced sharply when he reminded me of my transformation, as he called it. That was something I never wanted to remember, but doubted I would ever forget. His entire explanation was insane, but one phrase stood out to me. “Human heart?” I asked.

“Yes, Edward. This will be very shocking, so please, brace yourself. It was the only way that I could fulfill my promise to your mother and save you.” He waited until I nodded again. This entire story sounded like the plot of a horror novel. What was going to come out of his mouth next?

“You are now a vampire.”

Views: 84

Replies to This Discussion

Vanquish, what can I say that has not been said before your writing is incredible. Love this fan fic you capture Edward thoughts and character so accurately. I will miss your updates : ( Hope your not gone too long.
awww what an amazing end! this is such an amazing story and i cannot wait to read anything else you decide to write in the future! (please email me of any future projects if you dont mind!!!)
Im so glad you decided to share your telent with us all. its definatly been thoroughly enjoyed!
xx
Vanquish
I hope your hiatus is not indefinite. I love this story and would be so heartbroken if it does not continue. You totally deserve a break but please come back to us.
Hey guys!! Thanks for all the compliments. I am really glad you are all enjoying this so much. I will be back! I've just got a bunch of stuff going on and I don't want to make you guys keep waiting so long between updates :( So thank you again and I will email you all when I write more.
iits SO breath takiing!!
LOVE iit!!
nice BRAVO!
brilliant!
Hi Vanquish - I've just read your story from start up until now, & I have to say that it's seriously great.
Like many others, I've often wondered why Edward was so hard on himself & so convinced that he was such a monster. This goes a long way to explain the Edward that we first get to meet in Twilight - & when he did find love with Bella, why he was so obsessively over-protective & possessive about her.

This is a joy to sit & read through, & if possible could you please add me to your list when you next post.
Hi Margaret. Sure, I will add you. Could you request me as a friend and I will add you that way? Thank you for the compliment!
Whena re you gonna post more?
oh please write more u write like stephine meyer and if I didn't know any better I would say you were her in descise LOL jk great story I hope u write more soon and I would be much ablised if u could read my story and tell me what u think of it it's called 'breaking dawn gone wrong' thank you again for writing this magnificent story
So it is to my understanding that you are currently taking a break from your ff?? Aw that sucks. I really like this... Please come back and write more. And could you add me to your list for when you post? Thanks! :)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service