The Twilight Saga

A/N This is my first time writing. It is the chapter in Twilight when Bella escapes from Jasper by going in to the bathroom. If everyone likes it I'll write the rest of the chapter.

Jasper’s POV Chapter 22 Hide-and-Seek

For the first time in awhile, the anxiety I felt was all my own. I didn’t like leaving Alice and Bella alone in the hotel room with a sadistic vampire on the loose. I knew they were safe, but I felt like I was doing something wrong.

I hated walking at human pace. Finally, as I reached our floor I was able to run to our room. I opened the door and I immediately saw Alice. She was bent over the desk, gripping the edge with two hands. Her head was slowly rocking side to side, and her eyes were blank, dazed. I hurried to her, and within half a second I was right behind her.

“Alice!” I shouted. I gently grabbed her hands and began loosening them from the table. “What is it?” I demanded.

She buried her face into my chest. “Bella,” she said.

“I’m right here,” Bella replied. I hadn’t even noticed she was in the room with us.

No. I wanted to say. Your what’s wrong. By the look on Bella’s face and the shock she was feeling, she had already figured that out.

“What did you see?” Bella said.

I turned to look at her sharply. Her emotions were all over place. I wasn’t sure what she was feeling. Anxiety, shock, worry, fear…. It wasn’t the right kind of fear. She should be afraid of James and Victoria, but it felt like she was afraid of me and Alice. I didn’t understand. I put a calming atmosphere around her.

Alice had recovered herself by the time I turned back to her.

“Nothing, really,” she answered finally, her voice calm and convincing. “Just the same room as before.” I could tell she was lying. Bella seemed to believe, though. I think that was her intention.

Alice turned to Bella, her expression smooth and withdrawn. “Did you want breakfast?” I had completely forgotten Bella needed to eat.

“No. I’ll eat at the airport.” Bella replied. She went to into the bathroom to take a shower. She knew Alice wanted her out of the room. She knew we doing something wrong…

As soon as Bella was out of the room, Alice turned to me. “Jasper,” she said. Her voice was near hysterics. I immediately calmed her down. “She was in the room with him. But, she was…” Even with the tranquil atmosphere, she couldn’t finish her sentence. She didn’t need to. She had seen Bella dead.

“Shhh. It’s going to be okay.” I said. “We’ll be extra careful.”

“I can’t see how he got to her. I could only see her dead.” She was physically relaxed, but she was still crying tearless sobs.

After only a minute of the tearless sobs, they were gone. Alice seemed completely calm. While we waited for Bella for to be done in the bathroom, we sat discussing ways to explain to Edward what Alice had seen without causing him to freak out. We would have to be careful with our thoughts until we could explain.

Eventually, Bella emerged from the bathroom. We walked out to the car. She was anxious. Alice sat in the front seat with me, while Bella was alone in the back.

“Alice?” she asked.

Alice seemed almost hesitant to answer. “Yes?”

“How does it work? The things you see?” Bella sounded bored, but she was nervous. I didn’t calm her. I wanted to see were she was going with this. “Edward said it wasn’t definite…that things change?” When she said Edward’s name her emotions went wild. I immediately filled the car with a fresh wave of serenity.

“Yes, things change…,” Alice murmured. She sounded hopeful. I was hopeful too. Doubtful, but hopeful too. “Some things are more certain than others…like the weather. People are harder. I can only see the course they’re on while they’re on it. Once they change their minds- make a new decision, no matter how small- the whole future shifts.”

“So you couldn’t see James in Phoenix until he decided to come here.” It wasn’t a question.

“Yes,” Alice agreed. Suddenly the car filled with Bella’s panic. But, it was gone almost immediately. Bella knew something we didn’t. Something she didn’t want us to know.

We got to the airport. We parked on the fourth floor of the parking garage. Bella led the way. Neither me nor Alice liked the idea. But, she knew where she was going, and for once, we didn’t.

Edward and Carlisle’s flight was landing in terminal four, the largest terminal. It wasn’t surprising. From what I could tell, most flights landed in that terminal. Bella seemed excited by the terminal number. It was an odd feeling.

Bella was impatient as we waited for the plane to land. Alice and I pretended to people watch, but we were really watching Bella. I had a feeling that Bella knew that. After awhile Bella pulled a blank envelope out of her pocket and it to Alice. “My letter,” she said.

Alice offered several times to go get breakfast with Bella, but Bella refused every time. Later, she would say, not yet.

Luckily, the flight from Seattle was ten minutes early. Bella jumped up quickly. “I think I’ll eat now,” she said.

Alice stood. “I’ll come with you.”

“Do you mind if Jasper comes instead?” she asked. Why would she want me instead of Alice? “I’m feeling a little…” She didn’t finish her sentence. Her eyes were wild enough she didn’t need to finish.

I stood up. Alice’s eyes were confused, but not suspicious.

I walked silently beside her, my hand on the small of her back, guiding her. She didn’t seem interested in the first few cafes. I couldn’t blame her. It all smelled revolting. Her eyes kept darting everywhere as it looking for something.

“Do you mind?” she asked. We were right by a bathroom. For once, I was glad I wasn’t a human. All those necessities must be a pain. “I’ll just be a moment.”

“I’ll be right here,” I replied. As soon as the door shut behind her, I regretted letting her go. I wasn’t sure why, but I felt betrayed. I was right. Within 45 seconds Alice was beside me. Her face blank.

“Bella, where is Bella?” she asked.

“In the bathroom,” I said. “She said she would out in a...” I didn’t get a chance to finish my sentence. Alice had already darted into the bathroom.

“Jasper…” She was so quiet I could barely hear her through the walls. “There are two exists”

Views: 121

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, I just started reading your fan-fic today and I must say that you really nailed Jasper's p.o.v.
He's always been one of my favorite characters but little is written about him. I hope you post more soon.
Wow! Thank you so much. I would have never considered my work a master piece. That made my day. : )
great story, a few errors, but really good! please post more soon!
I love that you are doing Jasper's POV. I think he was slighted especially in the movie. I love his character. My favorite Jasper scene is in Twilight when they go into Edward's room to ask if they want to play baseball. He feels how happy Edward is after being so confused about about his feelings toward Bella. Then Jasper quietly closes the door. Most people don't realize how special Jasper's role is in the Cullen family. You have to read between the lines to see all that he contributes to a scene. I will be waiting for new chapters. Keep me updated.
Jasper has always been my favorite character. I felt like he was left out a little bit in both the books and the movies. He is defiantly a big part of the Cullen family. In Eclipse, Bella said something like 'Jasper was always a part of the action, but never the center of attention.' That fits him perfectly.

I can't reply to every comment, but I want to thank each of you for reading and taking the time to write comments. My biggest motivation is reading the comments everyone leaves. : )
pl write moore
nice ending!!
really good as always!
Jasper POV is really interesting, he is definately my fav character!
hey this is really awesome. jasper was always my second fav charachter behind emmett and i love anything in his pov, but this is really good. i really hope you keep it up. please

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service