The Twilight Saga

Love In The Fast Lane - Bonus Chapter***********CARLISLE'S POV*********************************

LOVE IN THE FAST LANE
BONUS CHAPTER CARLISLE’S POV

I sat in my study holding my head in my hands. I could not believe Edward had been so foolish. How many times did I need to remind him of the dangers we faced. Did he not understand after all this time that we were not above anything or anyone? Could he not comprehend that the more you had in this world the more you had to loose. Would he really put me through losing another of my loved ones again? Did he forget the consequences for breaking the law and what it had already cost this family?

I slammed my fists down on the desk top splintering the wood underneath them. Alice had told me of her vision of him with the girl in forest and my dead heart ached as I heard her describe Edward being threatened by this unknown species, the girl’s father. What if he could kill Edward? I had no clue as to what he or she was and so I did not know if that was within their capabilities. What would I do if I lost Edward? I could not live. It would kill me.

I wanted to go and speak with Edward when he came home that evening but I was halted as I heard him relay to Alice his feelings for the human girl. What a poor example I had set for him. I will never regret having shared my life with Esme and loving her, but to see Edward think that this behavior was allowable because of it, made me sick to my stomach. My selfish desire to have a mate has now put Edward is the position to damn him self. If the Guard found out about this there is no way that he would live. They would sentence him to the fire pit for sure. I needed to stop this somehow, before I had another life on my hands.

Edward stayed up in his room all night, I’m sure he knew of my distaste through my thoughts. That was fine, I needed time to think anyway. I thought of all the things I could say to him, but nothing felt right. How could I tell him this was wrong? I had loved a human myself, hell, I made her their mother! He would surly laugh in my face. If Edward loved this girl I knew he would not listen to me and in truth there was a part of me that was happy for him to have found a mate. I knew in my heart though what the out come would be for poor Edward, I had lived it myself and I did not want to have to look my son in the face the day the girl died and say ‘I told you so’. I did not want my Edward to go through life with this agony that I faced everyday. They say better to have loved and lost than to have never have loved at all, obviously that person never went through this. It is hell, pure hell. I would much rather have been left blind to the feeling. I would not allow Edward to endure this. I loved him too much.

I would hold him accountable to the law. He would not break it and he would live as he should. With his own kind.

I heard him open his doors in the early morning hours. It was time for my show. I slammed him into the ground with as much force as I could. He would not look at me as I yelled my lies to him. Edward as powerful and strong as he was as this creature was still such a boy beneath the surface. It burned me to say these words to him. To tell Edward I would be ashamed to be his father was the deepest darkest lie I could ever spew. None of children gave me the pride and happiness that Edward did. I had to turn away from him so he wouldn’t see through my façade.

His voice told me all I needed to know about the girl, he spoke so surly of her and I knew he had fallen.

I waited back at the house for the girl to come. Edward came flying down the stairs a few hours later and I watched as he closed the door behind him wearing a huge smile on his face. A smile I had never seen from my boy. I had to shake down the joy that was creeping up from inside me. I had a role to play and it was not of a doting father.

I could hear him outside talking and laughing with the girl. She was betting him his car that she could beat him, I had to laugh. I could almost hear Edward’s teeth grind as he agreed to it and I knew now for sure that he must be in love with her. That car was Edward’s pride and joy. He wouldn’t allow me to touch it.

I could hear them approaching and the laughter continued as I heard there feet on the steps. Edward held the door open for her and I spied from the other room. She was a very beautiful girl. I could see why he was so smitten with her. She hit him lightly and for some reason he flinched. It made me jump up from my seat. Had she hurt him?

He just laughed, but the girl looked upset. He asked for her hand, but she didn’t want to touch him. Could she hurt Edward? I watched as he held out his palm to her, like he was trying to coax a bird to perch upon his fingers. He was so gentle with the girl. I adored his patience and kindness to her. She finally rested her gloved hand on his palm and he gazed so lovingly at her face as she smiled at the sight of them touching. It warmed my heart. She stared back up at Edward and had the same look of adoration in her face, they drew closer to each other absent mindedly and I had to stop this before it got any more out of hand.

I could see the irritation on his face as he walked in to the room and sat down. I took my seat and tried to must the same anger from before, but as he watched Bella take off her riding jacket he laughed at the funny saying on her shirt and that same magic happened between them as just a moment ago. I knew this was not going to be easy.

I gave it my best attempt to scare the girl, she was young and I didn’t want to upset her, but I had to make my point clear. I tried using Edward as the main focus since she obviously cared for him. She stared in to my eyes the entire time and I was caught off guard by it. No human ever did that, they were always too afraid of us, even if they didn’t know what we were. Their instincts told them to fear us. After my speech she still didn’t waver, instead she simply took off one of gloves and what I saw next stunned my eyes. She showed me a memory of Esme and myself on the wall. It hit me like a ton of bricks. To see her, smiling laughing, happy…………alive.

I had to look away. The pain burned inside my chest and thought surly I would die sitting right here. The girl spoke words to me, but I could not hear them. I could only hear Esme laughing and saying my name. I only felt her kissing me that day and how warm and soft she felt under my marble arms. I could only smell her sweet vanilla fragrance as I stood behind her and I was rendered still in my chair.

Edward stopped at my chair and touched me, but I couldn’t take it. I was so ashamed to have him see me this way. I felt like such a coward. My son, he was going to bare this same fate and it was all because of my lack of leadership to him as a father, a creator and a coven leader. All my fault.

***********************************************************************************

READ CHAPTER FIVE: GIVE ME THE KEYS.......CLICK HERE

Views: 47

Replies to This Discussion

Holy, all that guilt, Carlisle its gonna be different for them, You have made your Carlisle different, he is not so harsh, but maybe losing Esme did that to him, I guess its New Moon for him, right? Amazing amazing chapter!!
Cant wait for the next one!!

x
Riya
Thank you. Yes, my Carlisle is different, but yet the same. His loyalty and love for Edward and his family remains intact. His unwillignes to accept Bella stems from his own pian in losing Esme. He does not want edward to go through what he has and also he is afraid of the Guard finding out. He doesnt want to see Edward hurt in any sense. He is just a fther trying to protect his child ultimately.

Thanks for reading!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, i am so involved in this story!!!!!! Please update me when you write more. I really like your twist on this story, I catch myself laughing out loud, so good, please finish this story or better yet just make it endles, I could read your stuff anytime all the time. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update me!!!!!!
Wow, so it was all a facade for Edward's protection--trying to protect his son from what he went through himself with Esme. Bella's still affraid to touch Edward, her power's are very interesting. Haha, her on the same team with Emmett. Jasper staring at her ass--that's a first.

She finally rested her gloved hand on his palm and he gazed so lovingly at her face as she smiled at the sight of them touching. It warmed my heart. She stared back up at Edward and had the same look of adoration in her face. This was my favourite part, such a passionate moment, yet they were only staring into each other's eyes. I love how you write the relationship between Bella and Edward. Keep up the good work.
Awww, thank you! Yes I am glad that ppl liked the football stuff!! I debated weather or not to write it but I just had too! Couldnt resist Bella getting down with the boys while Rose and Alice filed thier nails on the sidelines....haha!

Thank you for reading!! I'll email when chap 5 is up!! I'm almost done......should be posted in the A.M.
i love your story
more more more
please please please
: )

I love reading your story. But I can't seem to find chapters five or six if you could send me them or sometihng it would be great.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service