The Twilight Saga

Merciless Angel

Fury and vengeance lurked deep in his emerald eyes; piercing into they soul of whoever looked at him. It was his guard against ever letting anyone come in. He acted like he didn't care—that the world meant nothing to him—but I could see the agony and yearning behind the barrier. He would never admit these emotions of weakness though. Because to him showing weakness was worse than death. Live to kill, Kill to live, and love only to suffer, was his personal motto. He said he would never love anyone or anything, because there was nothing left of a soul in his body. But I didn’t believe him for a second. Angels were created to love...and he was an angel...a merciless Angel.

Please note that I started this story a long time ago, and my writing has improved a lot

Preface-

Hunger. Thirst. Lust. Pain. All unavoidable things. Things that no matter what you do; they come back. Always in the back of your mind like bees--stinging your brain over and over again until you kill them. But some things don’t have to be unavoidable…things like death.

I could avoid death forever; but did I really want too? Did I want to walk this earth forever, searching for something I may never find? Did I want to fight endlessly, never loosing? This city was a clot of death, destruction, unjust behavior, and filled with monsters. Literally. Was this where I wanted to spend eternity? Did I truly want to spend eternity anywhere on this desolate earth?

The answer to all these questions is simply no. I didn't want to walk this earth forever, fighting and killing. I didn't want to stay in this empty city filled with demons. But it doesn’t matter what I want. Because I have to stay in this city and do what I was brought here to do. It’s not my choice…and it never will be. Not everything is about me of course, but the majority of things are.

Chapter 1- (Destiny's POV)

“Destiny, could you please turn your music down for one second and listen to me?” Frank commanded from beside me. I opened my eyes sighing exuberantly in the process, and paused my Ipod before turning to face him.

“What do you want Frank?” I asked, already irritated with the predictable behavior of yet another father figure.

“Don’t talk to me like you’re a pouty five year old; act your age for once.” He grumbled, his perfectly trimmed mustache twitching impatiently.

“Do you even know how old I am?” I challenged innocently. His eyes narrowed resentfully.

“You’re...” He paused, clearly stumped by the question. “...sixteen and much too young to live in Chicago by yourself.”He said a matter-of-factually.

“I’m not living by myself, I’m living with Ryan.” I told him for the fifth time. “Remember, he’s my brother. And by the way, I’m seventeen.” I stated, agitated already. Frank acted like such a know it all, yet he didn't know a thing about me. I clicked the play button on my Ipod and turned it up to block out his angered answer.

I was so sick of Frank. I had only know him for a couple of months, but it was enough of him forever. My mom had gone through many boyfriends in the last few years, and Frank was her latest. He was “stable” as she had put it. He had a retirement fund already, a steady job, and had accomplished so much. My mom thought some stability in life would be good for me.

Of course, like everything she did, she forgot to actually consider what I thought. She never took the time to think about if I even wanted a father, or wanted to meet any of her 'boy toys'. I was used to it by now, because I had met so many, but I still wasn't down with it.

I had moved so many times in the last five years from her crazes that I had actually lost count. I had traveled all over the United States and Canada, never staying anywhere for more than half a year. I never got the chance to make friends, and a boyfriend was completely out of the question.

I would go to school, and pretty much just shut up and do my work. Although sometimes I would start a few fights, disrespect the teachers, or start a fire, they couldn’t punish me because I would already be moving across the country. For the first few moves I had argued with my mom and begged her to stay, but I was accustom to it now.

Truthfully, I was always fine it just being my mom and me, but lately she had suddenly needed companionship, so I would constantly be helping get ready for dates or shopping for 'sexy clothes.' She was like a teenage girl obsessed with boys, except she wasn't actually a teen. Though she was quite young to be a mother.

Her and my dad had 'hooked up' on several occasions when they were young; one time producing my brother, and another time producing me. My mom said we were blessings, but I couldn't believe her. Her life had changed for the worst when she was fifteen, and she had been struggling ever since.

My dad left after I was a few days old, so it wasn't like I missed him. Sure, I wished my mom had someone that would balance her out, but I didn't feel the need for a male presence in my life. One bossy parent was enough.

So that's why I was moving to Chicago to live with Ryan. My mom deserved the chance to let her romance with Frank grow, and I didn't want to be an obstacle. Plus, I was sure it would be easier to live with my almost twin brother. We were the same in spirit and soul, and I was positive we would get along just fine.

Maybe this would be my new beginning. Maybe I would find the thing that would make me fight to stay there. Maybe, and maybe not. It was just a new adventure that I was ready to take on.

“Please fasten your seatbelts, we are preparing to land.” The female attendant’s voice rang over the intercom. I clicked my seatbelt in and got ready to see my newest home.

“This place is a dump.” Frank grumbled, shaking his head as the taxi drove through the cluster of cars. I couldn’t agree in the least.

In this city breathtaking city you could barely tell if it was night or day. All the lights of buildings and billboards twinkled against what part of the dark sky you could see. Throngs of people covered the sidewalks and streets. Every store I had ever heard of seemed to all be on the same street. The skyscrapers towered over all the tiny shops, and the thousands of windows reflected the bright lights.

“It’s…amazing!” I breathed as I continued to look out the window. “Look at all the lights! And the people! Their so colorful and unique!”

“Destiny, be serious! Look at all the homeless people! They cover the street like bugs. And all the prostitutes and gangs! How can anyone want to live here?” He snorted in disgust.

“How can anyone not want to live here? Think of all the cool people you could meet? And all the great parties and concerts?” I half screamed, completely blissful.

“You’re not making me feel any better Destiny. You can’t trust anyone here. Not unless you want to end up in Tokyo missing a kidney.”

“Don’t be so uptight Frank.” I rolled my eyes. I think I had finally found my favorite place in the world. I couldn’t wait to explore this giant city.

“I’m not uptight; I’m just responsible and realistic. I can’t believe your mother agreed to let you live here.” In the reflection of the window I saw him shaking his head still.

“She trusts me. She knows that I’m street smart and I can take care of myself. And she knows that Ryan will help out.” I stated in her defense.

“That boy doesn’t know the difference between drugs and candy.” Frank growled. I turned away from the window to glare at him.

“Did you just diss my brother?” I asked in awe. I loved Ryan more than anything. Ryan was my favorite person in the world, and I had missed him terribly for the last year.

“No, I just told you a fact.”

I sighed loudly and turned back to the window. I just had to get there, then Frank would be out of my life. Well, at least for a while.

“563 Greenwald Street.” The taxi driver announced as he slowed down. I scrambled out of the taxi quickly as it came to a full stop.

“This is where he lives?!!” Frank yelled in surprise. I looked up. I didn’t think it was so bad. It was rundown sure, but it was downtown, and it was better than some places I had lived as a child.

“Yup.” I replied. I opened the trunk of the taxi and grabbed my two suitcases. Frank told the taxi driver to wait for a few minutes while he got me settled in.

“He’s in 3B.” I announced as we entered the building. The inside was worse than the outside. The wallpaper was falling off, green moss piled in the corners, and it looked like it had never been dusted or cleaned. I was sure Frank wanted to say something, but he kept his lips in a tight line.

We climbed up the ancient stairs that felt like they could collapse any second if too much weight was put on them. I tried not to breath, because I was sure that the air mixed with dust and other chemical smelling substances wouldn’t be good for me.

Once we reached the third floor Frank looked like he was going to have a fit right then and there. The hallway had no visible lights, and the floorboards had huge gaps between them that looked like someone had tried to glue them together with gum. It was a comical scene, and I felt like laughing.

“Just take a deep breath.” I said calmly. Not waiting for an answer I walked forward to the door with 3B painted on it. I knocked three times. After a few seconds I heard light steps and then the door opened.

“Ryan!” I yelled. I dropped my suitcases, cringing as the floorboards shifted, and jumped into my brothers arms. His familiar smell soothed every nerve in my body. He smelt musky with a hint of mint.

“Hey baby sister. I missed you.” He whispered into my hair. I pulled back and inspected him. He was taller, probably around 6'1. His hair was shorter than I remembered, put in a spiky style. His eyes seemed a shade of blue darker, but his smile was same.

“I missed you too!” I said, and I gave him another hug.

“Nice to see you again Ryan.” Frank said politely as he stepped forward sticking his meaty hand out awkwardly.

“Always a pleasure.” Ryan said as he shook his hand.

“Nice place you have here.” Frank said sarcastically. Ryan nodded, stifling a laugh.

“Come in.” Ryan said moving to the side, his arm still around my waist. Frank looked over into the small, messy apartment and shook his head.

“Wish I could, but I have a taxi waiting downstairs. And I’m sure Destiny is sick of me.” He said quickly.

“Um…Thanks for bringing me Frank. Tell my mom I will call her tomorrow.” I said civily.

“Sure, sure. Have fun kids.” He urged. He reached out and squeezed my arm then turned back to shuffle down the dark hallway.

I turned to smile at Ryan, and he smiled back. Then he stuck out his hand and gestured to the door.

“Ladies first.”

I grinned, feeling more at home than I ever had before.

*note* All characters are mine, along with the plot and ideas

Tags: Angel, Fallen, Merciless, Non-Twilight, related

Views: 2824

Replies to This Discussion

*shrugs* What can I say, I'm very passionate about my comments and I intend to speak the truth and my mind. The dead squirrel thing was just a little something floating around in my noddle (A.K.A. head, brain, u know where I'm going with this, R)

Anyways I understand the wait, I'm also struggling to fit in "writing time" between my busy schedule. But I'm sure u have much more interesting and important things in your life you're taking care of. Please post whenever u can... I'll be patient. *smiles cruelly*

Love, Lexi

p.s. I'm still smiling like a physco-path...mwahahaha!!
Haha thanks for understanding.
It's just been busy with this first week of school...also working on a one shot
loved the chapter--I didn't find it boring at all! can't wait until you can post more!
Well I have a three day weekend now...so *crosses fingers* I hope I will get done the next chapter!
me too!! Labor Day?? Hahaha I love extended weekends and that mean you get to write more!!!
good chap!!
dang do all these guys hav to like des?? lol ;)
shes 1 busy girl huh got her hands full! :D
A/N Sorry for the super long wait guys, but here it is! I'm sorry not to much happens, but I hope it helps with some of your confusion! Thanks guys, and I'll try to add more soon!
Ps. If you haven't seen the Kale video yet here is the link: http://thetwilightsaga.com/video/kalemerciless-angel?xg_source=acti...

Merciless Angel- Chapter 29 (Destiny's POV)

Kale scoffed unintelligent and shook his shaggy head full of hair. “I never loved Sonea. It never got that far, because of a certain person...” He trailed, glaring hard and powerfully at Shadow. Some of the tension in my chest was released at his comment—but I couldn't help the tug that still yanked at my heart. Kale and Sonea had been together? And why did Shadow think he still loved her? It was like my worst fear come true. To find Kale's super gorgeous ex-girlfriend and find out he still has feelings for her.

Shadow laughed without humor. His off white face glowed in the fluorescent lights above us, and his eyes seemed to lead down into a pit of darkness. His skin pulled tightly along his jawline, making every tiny bony visible. “Who wasn't expecting that generic answer? The great and fearless Kalevi falling in love?” He tsked. “Impossible. We all know that you are to tough for love. Aren't you Kale?”

I looked up worriedly at Kale, knowing that he didn't take insults well. The muscles of his jaw were tight and strong at the edge of his mouth from his teeth being clenched. His eyes glowered down at Shadow with such hate and betrayal that I swear I could feel the anger radiating off of him. It was like a storm was brewing around Kale's body. A rapidly growing storm of rage that he was starting to loose control of.

“Do you think just because your name is Shadow that you get the right to be a jerk? That for some reason your better than everyone else? That you are some dark figure just because your parents were a little mental in the head and named you after a inanimate shading?” Kale snarled, flexing his fists beside his thighs anxiously.

I looked around the room fervently wishing someone would intervene. But Damian, Leara, Sonea, Nayan and Eternity all stayed silent with their eyes averted from Kale. It was so peculiar, and curious. Where Kale and Shadow some sort of enemies? Or did they just get on each others nerves a lot?

“Listen to you and your nasty remarks. Just like I remembered.” Shadow shook his head sorrowfully. “I mean its understandable. You can't have love, so you just become bitter and mean to hide your agony and weakness..” As soon as the words were out of his mouth I knew he had gone to far. Nobody said Kale was weak and got away with it.

I was right. Even though Shadow tried to dodge Kale's grasping hand, Kale was faster. Much faster. He knotted his fingers around the front of Shadow's cloak and shoved him against the concrete wall. Shadow gasped as the air was knocked out of his lungs. Kale pressed his forearm and elbow across Shadow's throat cutting off his curses.

“You don't know a damn thing about what I feel. And you don't know what I am capable of.” Kale growled, pinning Shadow harder against the wall as he struggled to get away. They were so disproportionate compared to each other. Kale was not only tall, but had hardy muscles all over his body. Shadow was a little more than half as tall as Kale, and his arms where thin like toothpicks compared to Kale's. Kale's chest heaved with breath, while Shadow's barely twitched as he inhaled.

“You thick skulled jerk. Don't you judge me while you stand without regret for what you did!” Kale shouted.

“Kale...” Sonea whispered, breaking the looming silence around us. She took a delicate step towards Kale, face smooth and emotionless. He turned his ferocious glare to her—bright eyes flickering like a flame.

“No. I won't be questioned on my ethics of love by him. And not by you.” He snapped. She stopped in mid step and bowed her head. This only made my head spin even faster with questions about Sonea and Kale. What had gone on between them?

“Go to hell Reject.” Shadow spat. And that right there was the end of Kale's control. The storm was released from around him immediately, and it eagerly began to tear everything up. His hands gripped around Shadow's shoulders, and he effortlessly lifted him in the untamed air; and threw him across the room. Shadow's body flew limply for a few second then collided with a sickening crack against the hard wall. His body slumped against the stone floor as he yelped in pain.

Kale flashed across the room in record time and pulled his body up angrily. He smashed his knee into Shadow's stomach, followed by a chain of punches to his disfigured face. Waves of savageness rolled off Kale continuously and I guessed he was in a blind rage. No one around me was on their way to stop him; so I figured it was my duty.

“Kale, stop!” I shouted, grabbing his shoulder with my hand. He ignored me and slammed Shadow against the wall again. “Kale!” I thundered more furiously. This time he dropped Shadow's body and whirled towards me. His eyes were covered in a mist of anger, and his face was twisted with vengeance.

As he turned his fist came with him—swinging viciously towards me. My mouth dropped open into an 'o' as I watched it coming closer to my face; threatening to crush me. Just as it was about to make contact with my nose it switched course. I felt the arrogant wind around it brush past my face as it followed the leading fist.

There was a deafening crack as his fist drilled through the concrete wall; making a deep and extremely messy hole in the even surface. I was in awe that he could make such a dent in such a pure material. He yanked his hand back, holding it in the air numbly. I flinched at his torn open hand. His fingers were displaced and broken, and his knuckles were completely shredded down the the deep white bone.

He just looked at me longingly for a second, his eyes wide with so many emotions. Regret, misery, fading rage, and sorrow. My heart fell out of place at his horribly fragile face. This was one of those few times when his usual unbreakable barriers were knocked down and his soul was completely bare to me. I could feel every tiny fraction of his emotions, and all the confusion that he was bombarded with. I could see all his pain, all his woes, and all his fears. I could see how human he truly was even though he tried to hide it. It was one of those precious moments where I wished I could just hold him and never let him go.

But it was over as quickly as it started. He turned his back to me and walked out of the room and up the stairs. I could hear his heavy footsteps down the hallway above us till they faded away. My body yearned to run up after him and comfort his jumbled emotions but I knew that he had to calm down. I looked around the room at the surprised and tight lipped faces of the new people I had met. Their heads hung low with low, and they stayed silent.

Sonea's eyes were closed, and her hands were linked together like she was praying. Lastly, I looked at Shadow who was leaning against the corner of the wall groaning quietly. His face was swollen and bloody, and his hands grasped around his middle where Kale had kneed him.

“Are you okay?” I whispered in a muddled voice. Shadow's eyes flickered up to meet mine, sucking me into his dark aurora. His lips twitched like he was going to say something, then he changed his mind. He nodded sheepishly, and closed his eyes. Across from me Sonea crept closer, her footsteps silent.

“Destiny, can I talk to you please?” She murmured questionably. I wanted to say no and run to find Kale, but once again logic took over.

“Sure.” I replied. She beckoned me to follow her with her slender hand, and I obeyed. She walked to the farthest corner of the room and pushed open a small metallic door. It led up a set of stairs to outside, back into the trickling sensation of the cold rain.

Once I was out the door she closed it firmly behind her and climbed up the steps. When we reached the top I saw that we were at the back of the house; in the small and dingy yard. Nothing grew, and it was all just ashen ground. She leaned against the side of the brick house, the cold not seeming to bother her bare skin. I, on the other hand zipped up my hoodie and crushed my hands in the lined pockets. The air was frosty and biting against my skin.

“Kale never told you about what happened here, did he?” She asked fingers fiddling with the green crystal on her gold necklace.

“No. He hasn't told me anything about you guys except that you might be able to help us.”

She sighed lightly, looking up at the sky like she was waiting for it to answer her. “He had the right to act the way he did today. Me and Shadow deserve his hatred.”

“Why?” I asked shakily, although I had a clue why.

She turned to look at me, crimson eyes sad and nervous. “It happened almost four years ago, back when Kale first realized he wasn't human any more. He was so confused and scared. He was just wandering around the Chicago area, when he stumbled here. I remember when me and Leara where scouting the area for soulblazers when we came across him. He was just sitting on a bench by the lake at the edge of town, holding a sword.” She inhaled gently. “You know, the one with the angel carvings all over it?”

I nodded, imaging how terrible it must have been for Kale to be completely alone and unsure of what to do.

“I had never seen anything like that sword before. It was so perfectly crafted, and so deadly.” Her eyebrows furrowed into a V as she continued. “I asked him where he got it, and he told me he didn't know. I could sense his perplexity and fear, along with his will to fight. I could tell that there was something special about him but I couldn't decided what. We convinced him to come back with us here, and that's how it all started.”

“This was back before Shadow was a part of us, and when we were much weaker and knew less. We told Kale how we were hunters of abnormal beings such as soulblazers. He knew what we were talking about, as he had a first hand experience with soulblazers. He also showed us his wings, and told us what he remembered. It was all so unbelievable and amazing at the same time. I mean, he was just what we needed. A being created to destroy soulblazers.” She explained.

“So you just wanted him because he would be useful?” I pointed out bitterly.

“That's how it started; we offered to let him join us. But he refused saying that he wanted to do this alone. So we respected that; and offered to just teach him what we could. That he accepted. He stayed here for half a year learning how to fight and kill soulblazers. Over the course of time I turned out to like him more and more.” She flushed, pulling away from my eyes. I couldn't be angry at her for this—who wouldn't want Kale? He was gorgeous, intoxicating and caring most of the time.

“So you guys fell in love?” I gulped, praying that she would say no. I didn't want to believe that anyone else had loved Kale—I wanted that pleasure all to myself, as selfish as it was.

She shook her head. “No. We weren't in love. But we did care for each other. I hoped that one day it could be love.” She admitted. “When he left to go back to Chicago he told me that he would come back in a few months to check up on me. He promised that he wouldn't forget me.” Her voice broke and I saw that she was holding back tears.

“What happened?” I pushed, hungry for more knowledge.

“A month later Shadow found us. He wanted refugee, and he wanted to help us take down the soulblazers. The second I saw him something happened.” She smiled gently. “It was like I crumbled into dirt. And Shadow put me back together. He molded me to fit with him. We fell in love so quickly I didn't even have a chance to think. It was nothing ever before, Destiny. I can't even explain the feeling. I completely forgot about Kale.” She mused.

I understood what she was saying completely. “I-I think I know what you mean. I've had that feeling.” I had that feeling with Kale.

“Well, when Kale came back a few months later everything shattered. Me and Shadow were already soulmates, and nothing could change that. Kale was furious, and disappointed. And he was right to be. I should have told him before I got so involved with Shadow. I betrayed him. I hurt him.” A single tear fell down her porcelain face. “He left after that, and never came back. Three years passed without a single word from Kale. Then yesterday he called and told me that he was coming back—with you. I was happy that I could finally apologize to him, but at the same time scared. I wasn't sure how he would react. And now you see how he did.”

“Wow.” I breathed. I never would have guessed that Kale would have worked up the courage to come back. But I guess he really would do what ever he had to bring down Faust. “So this is really the first time you've seen him in three years?”

“Yes. And I want to apologize to him. But I doubt he will give me the chance. He hates me.”

“I'm sure he doesn't. He just hasn't got over it. I could talk to him for you.” I offered, although I don't know why.

She looked at me with her pleading, flaming eyes. “Would you?” I nodded. She pulled me into a sudden hug. Her body was cold and soft against mine, and her hair tickled my face. She released me and smiled. “It would mean so much to me if he forgive me.”

“I'll try. I know how to talk to him.” I murmured.

“You really love him, don't you?” She questioned out of nowhere.

I briefly thought of deny it, but what was the point? I did love Kale. I really did. “I do.”

“He's lucky to have you. Thanks for listening to me Destiny.” I grinned, and headed back inside. I walked down the stone stairs dotted with stains from the rain. I pushed the cool door open, looking behind me to see if Sonea was coming. She wasn't.

I walked towards the grand table where Eternity and Damian still sat. I stopped beside Eternity and asked; “Is there a way to get to the roof of this place?”

She was puzzled for a second, but answered anyway. “Yes. End of the hallway there is a door to the ladder.” I smiled a thanks and headed up the stairs to the main hallway. I walked past the doors on doors that covered the sides of the hallway till I reached the end. The door was a twin to all the others, and it unlocked in my hand easily. All that was in the small closet was a steel ladder led up into the dark tunnel above me. I began to climb quietly up it, amazed by how long it actually went up.

At the top there was a latch, which I unhooked to a cylindrical opening. I climbed up, and the air seemed crueler up here than on the ground by far. The gray clouds felt so close that I wanted to reach and touch them. But such idle fantasies were silly now. I followed the small path around the tepid roof till I reached the front of the house. It was no surprise that Kale sat at the base of the tallest point on the house.

His face was a mask of worry as he stared straight ahead—eyes hollow and lifeless. I began to walk along the long stretch towards him, and his eyes never even flickered towards me. I climbed up onto the small and slippery edge beside him, heart pounding from my fear of heights. I sat, and looked down at this hand. It had healed from his injury already; with no evidence that he had ever hurt it.

“I'm sorry Destiny. So sorry. For everything.” He whimpered, face colorless and shameful. “I'm sorry for ever bringing you into this. I'm sorry for being a jerk. I'm sorry for taking my temper out on you. I'm just....I'm just sorry.”

My soul went out to him, as it always did when he hurt. It was like we were connected at times—what hurt him, hurt me. “Kale, it's not your fault that I am in this mess. I had chances to leave Chicago but I never took them. It's my choice now.” I breathed.

“But why? You still have a chance to forget it all. To forget me.”

I reached out tenderly and took his pasty hand in mine. I laced my fingers through his and squeezed reassuringly. “I don't want to ever forget you. You're the reason I'm still alive. Without you my life would have been over.”

“But why did you come with me when I asked you? You could have flew away and gone anywhere you wanted to be whatever you wanted. But you chose to help me. Why?” He pleaded, his eyes tortured.

“Because you asked me too.” I whispered tentatively.

He leaned his forehead against mine; his dripping wet hair dropping tiny plops of water on my face. “I've been broken for so long—as long as I can remember—but somehow you've begun to fix me. You've been my lifeline back to humanity Destiny. You've saved me from more than you can imagine.”

His words sent a warming feeling straight to my pounding heart. “I'll always be here to help you Kale. I won't let you slip away.”

“Don't you ever wish that none of this had ever happened to you?”

I thought about his question briefly, truly considering it. I wished soulblazers didn't exist. I wished that we didn't have to meet under these circumstances. I wished that my brother wasn't an evil mastermind of a sort. But I didn't wish that I hadn't met Kale. Throughout all the impeding bad stuff that had happened in last while he was the one light. Whether he knew it or not, he was. He had saved me so many times from the stuff that threatened to bring me down without even knowing it. His presence was what kept me sane.

“No. I don't.”

“Sometimes I think the world would have been better off if I just would have died. I mean, what have I really done for the world? I've put you and my family in immediate danger, I've been a bitter person to everyone around me, and I've killed people. The world would be better off without me and my damned curse!” He sneered.

I reached out with my frozen hands and grasped his face violently, making him look at me. “Don't talk like ever Kale! Quite denying what you know is true! You are saving the world one day at a time, slowly, but surely. Your giving humanity hope for survival! You've given your mother and sister hope again. You've not only saved me from death, but given me something no one else could. You're a damn angel Kale, whether you believe it or not! You were chosen for a reason, and I believe in you. I will stand beside you no matter what you do, because I love you Kale and—“

Before I could finish my sentence I was cut off by the sensation of his wet lips crushing against mine.

Kale's POV

When I flew in the open and ungrudging air the feeling was like no other—feeling the ultimate sense that you are above the world and completely untouchable. To feel the city below you like a stage of your kingdom. To feel free of every worry and fear. To be in control. It was a feeling I thought could never be topped. But I was wrong.

I had kissed Destiny before, and it had been amazing, but this was like no other. I wasn't positive if it was because of the rain, my mood, or something else; but I had never imagined a feeling like this would be real.

Her hazel taste was everywhere. In every vein and on every taste bud. Her sweet smell of fruit and vanilla filled my nostrils, intoxicating every sense in my body. Her body was lukewarm and silky against mine as I cupped my arms around her waist inching her closer.

Her lips were in perfect sync against mine like they were molded to fit together. They trailed across each other, sparks shooting in my lips. Her hands tangled into my hair, holding me against her. I breathed her in, wanting to hold onto the moment forever.

There was a pounding all over my body that not only felt good, but also felt right. My blood pulsed loudly in my ears, and my heart thrummed against my ribcage. I could feel the static between us, and I was sure she felt it too. I wanted her. No, I needed her. She was mine, and mine only. There was no way that anyone else could ever feel this way.

Eventually, my lungs pleaded for air and I could argue against them no longer. I pulled away from her lips, but I crushed her body against mine in a confining hug. I felt the beating of her heart against my chest, proving that she was real despite what my mind tried to say. I laid my head on top of hers and breathed heavily. Tears welled in my eyes despite my best efforts. This was a bittersweet situation. The more I cared for her, the more danger she was in. But I had tried to push her away and I couldn't do it anymore. She was too tempting to my overwhelmed heart. It couldn't fight her off anymore.

“I love you Kale.” She whispered against my neck seductively. I loved her too. I really did. My throat ached to say it to her, but I couldn't. I wouldn't let myself do that to her when I knew what my fate would be. I wouldn't break her heart like that.

Ryan's POV

“You are so utterly useless!” Faust thundered, slamming his curled fist against the granite table. It wobbled, threatening to break under his hit. I clenched my teeth together firmly, fighting the crashing of annoyance in my head. “You are so weak.”

“I'm trying.” I retorted. I was so sick of his constant criticism towards me. I had done all he had asked for years, but it was never good enough for him.

“I ask you to take care of one actually good soulblazer, and you let him die!” He roared, his eyes more pissed off then usual.

“It wasn't my fault Lucifer died! Kale killed him!” I argued, spitting the reject's name out.

Faust rolled his souless eyes. “I know that. But why did you let Kale kill him? You could have just sent him with more protection than a weak child!”

“Caleb is one of the stronger soulblazer's here. You would know that if you came more often. But you only come when it's fit for you!” I shouted. His nostrils flared, and his eyes warning me. “You never come when I actually need your help.”

“Obviously you need help now! That reject has been running this city for way to long.”

“Well he won't be a problem much longer. I won't let him be.” I snorted.

“I so wish that you and Kale were in opposite positions. You would be so simple and easy to kill, but he actually inherited my brains. He could actually be useful to me.”

My head began to pound with fury. “I know that. You've only told me a thousand times how much better my brother is! I get it! He was your first child! He inherited more of your evilness, or soulessness—whatever you want to call it! I know how stronger he is! But he's our enemy, so get over it!” I cried.

He was so fast I barely saw his hand coming towards me. But the immediate fire it set through my jaw made me realize it didn't matter. He was the strongest soulblazer there was. He controlled all. There was no way to fight him.

“You don't talk to me like that. I'm in charge of this operation now. I will achieve in killed Kale. I will not fail like you.” As he walked away reality washed over me. This was real. We really were going to kill Kale. Because there was no way Kale could stand up to his maker—there was no way he could stand up to his father. There was no way he could beat Faust.
WOW, PURELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it so much! I still cant figure out what is with Kale, Ryan and Destiny. Is it that Kale and Ryan have the same father but not mother?
And what about Destiny and Kale?
Are they related as well? If so it would be a horrible travisty!!!!!! They are perfect for each other and in love!!
I couldn't allow you to ruin such a perfect mate, soulmates!!!!!

You cant, its traggic!!

Still love the story, always will. keep it up and dont let Faust kill Kale. ever, in any book in the series Kale must live!!

~Tink Noel~
woah!! i really didn't see any of that coming...... Kale got his heart broken, Destiny finally says she loves him out loud and.... Kale is Faust's son!!! WOW!!!
whoa!!! holy mother of sky walker that was crazy!!! write more soon
i love it rite more plz soon pretty plz!
Thanks guys:)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service