The Twilight Saga

Merciless Angel

Fury and vengeance lurked deep in his emerald eyes; piercing into they soul of whoever looked at him. It was his guard against ever letting anyone come in. He acted like he didn't care—that the world meant nothing to him—but I could see the agony and yearning behind the barrier. He would never admit these emotions of weakness though. Because to him showing weakness was worse than death. Live to kill, Kill to live, and love only to suffer, was his personal motto. He said he would never love anyone or anything, because there was nothing left of a soul in his body. But I didn’t believe him for a second. Angels were created to love...and he was an angel...a merciless Angel.

Please note that I started this story a long time ago, and my writing has improved a lot

Preface-

Hunger. Thirst. Lust. Pain. All unavoidable things. Things that no matter what you do; they come back. Always in the back of your mind like bees--stinging your brain over and over again until you kill them. But some things don’t have to be unavoidable…things like death.

I could avoid death forever; but did I really want too? Did I want to walk this earth forever, searching for something I may never find? Did I want to fight endlessly, never loosing? This city was a clot of death, destruction, unjust behavior, and filled with monsters. Literally. Was this where I wanted to spend eternity? Did I truly want to spend eternity anywhere on this desolate earth?

The answer to all these questions is simply no. I didn't want to walk this earth forever, fighting and killing. I didn't want to stay in this empty city filled with demons. But it doesn’t matter what I want. Because I have to stay in this city and do what I was brought here to do. It’s not my choice…and it never will be. Not everything is about me of course, but the majority of things are.

Chapter 1- (Destiny's POV)

“Destiny, could you please turn your music down for one second and listen to me?” Frank commanded from beside me. I opened my eyes sighing exuberantly in the process, and paused my Ipod before turning to face him.

“What do you want Frank?” I asked, already irritated with the predictable behavior of yet another father figure.

“Don’t talk to me like you’re a pouty five year old; act your age for once.” He grumbled, his perfectly trimmed mustache twitching impatiently.

“Do you even know how old I am?” I challenged innocently. His eyes narrowed resentfully.

“You’re...” He paused, clearly stumped by the question. “...sixteen and much too young to live in Chicago by yourself.”He said a matter-of-factually.

“I’m not living by myself, I’m living with Ryan.” I told him for the fifth time. “Remember, he’s my brother. And by the way, I’m seventeen.” I stated, agitated already. Frank acted like such a know it all, yet he didn't know a thing about me. I clicked the play button on my Ipod and turned it up to block out his angered answer.

I was so sick of Frank. I had only know him for a couple of months, but it was enough of him forever. My mom had gone through many boyfriends in the last few years, and Frank was her latest. He was “stable” as she had put it. He had a retirement fund already, a steady job, and had accomplished so much. My mom thought some stability in life would be good for me.

Of course, like everything she did, she forgot to actually consider what I thought. She never took the time to think about if I even wanted a father, or wanted to meet any of her 'boy toys'. I was used to it by now, because I had met so many, but I still wasn't down with it.

I had moved so many times in the last five years from her crazes that I had actually lost count. I had traveled all over the United States and Canada, never staying anywhere for more than half a year. I never got the chance to make friends, and a boyfriend was completely out of the question.

I would go to school, and pretty much just shut up and do my work. Although sometimes I would start a few fights, disrespect the teachers, or start a fire, they couldn’t punish me because I would already be moving across the country. For the first few moves I had argued with my mom and begged her to stay, but I was accustom to it now.

Truthfully, I was always fine it just being my mom and me, but lately she had suddenly needed companionship, so I would constantly be helping get ready for dates or shopping for 'sexy clothes.' She was like a teenage girl obsessed with boys, except she wasn't actually a teen. Though she was quite young to be a mother.

Her and my dad had 'hooked up' on several occasions when they were young; one time producing my brother, and another time producing me. My mom said we were blessings, but I couldn't believe her. Her life had changed for the worst when she was fifteen, and she had been struggling ever since.

My dad left after I was a few days old, so it wasn't like I missed him. Sure, I wished my mom had someone that would balance her out, but I didn't feel the need for a male presence in my life. One bossy parent was enough.

So that's why I was moving to Chicago to live with Ryan. My mom deserved the chance to let her romance with Frank grow, and I didn't want to be an obstacle. Plus, I was sure it would be easier to live with my almost twin brother. We were the same in spirit and soul, and I was positive we would get along just fine.

Maybe this would be my new beginning. Maybe I would find the thing that would make me fight to stay there. Maybe, and maybe not. It was just a new adventure that I was ready to take on.

“Please fasten your seatbelts, we are preparing to land.” The female attendant’s voice rang over the intercom. I clicked my seatbelt in and got ready to see my newest home.

“This place is a dump.” Frank grumbled, shaking his head as the taxi drove through the cluster of cars. I couldn’t agree in the least.

In this city breathtaking city you could barely tell if it was night or day. All the lights of buildings and billboards twinkled against what part of the dark sky you could see. Throngs of people covered the sidewalks and streets. Every store I had ever heard of seemed to all be on the same street. The skyscrapers towered over all the tiny shops, and the thousands of windows reflected the bright lights.

“It’s…amazing!” I breathed as I continued to look out the window. “Look at all the lights! And the people! Their so colorful and unique!”

“Destiny, be serious! Look at all the homeless people! They cover the street like bugs. And all the prostitutes and gangs! How can anyone want to live here?” He snorted in disgust.

“How can anyone not want to live here? Think of all the cool people you could meet? And all the great parties and concerts?” I half screamed, completely blissful.

“You’re not making me feel any better Destiny. You can’t trust anyone here. Not unless you want to end up in Tokyo missing a kidney.”

“Don’t be so uptight Frank.” I rolled my eyes. I think I had finally found my favorite place in the world. I couldn’t wait to explore this giant city.

“I’m not uptight; I’m just responsible and realistic. I can’t believe your mother agreed to let you live here.” In the reflection of the window I saw him shaking his head still.

“She trusts me. She knows that I’m street smart and I can take care of myself. And she knows that Ryan will help out.” I stated in her defense.

“That boy doesn’t know the difference between drugs and candy.” Frank growled. I turned away from the window to glare at him.

“Did you just diss my brother?” I asked in awe. I loved Ryan more than anything. Ryan was my favorite person in the world, and I had missed him terribly for the last year.

“No, I just told you a fact.”

I sighed loudly and turned back to the window. I just had to get there, then Frank would be out of my life. Well, at least for a while.

“563 Greenwald Street.” The taxi driver announced as he slowed down. I scrambled out of the taxi quickly as it came to a full stop.

“This is where he lives?!!” Frank yelled in surprise. I looked up. I didn’t think it was so bad. It was rundown sure, but it was downtown, and it was better than some places I had lived as a child.

“Yup.” I replied. I opened the trunk of the taxi and grabbed my two suitcases. Frank told the taxi driver to wait for a few minutes while he got me settled in.

“He’s in 3B.” I announced as we entered the building. The inside was worse than the outside. The wallpaper was falling off, green moss piled in the corners, and it looked like it had never been dusted or cleaned. I was sure Frank wanted to say something, but he kept his lips in a tight line.

We climbed up the ancient stairs that felt like they could collapse any second if too much weight was put on them. I tried not to breath, because I was sure that the air mixed with dust and other chemical smelling substances wouldn’t be good for me.

Once we reached the third floor Frank looked like he was going to have a fit right then and there. The hallway had no visible lights, and the floorboards had huge gaps between them that looked like someone had tried to glue them together with gum. It was a comical scene, and I felt like laughing.

“Just take a deep breath.” I said calmly. Not waiting for an answer I walked forward to the door with 3B painted on it. I knocked three times. After a few seconds I heard light steps and then the door opened.

“Ryan!” I yelled. I dropped my suitcases, cringing as the floorboards shifted, and jumped into my brothers arms. His familiar smell soothed every nerve in my body. He smelt musky with a hint of mint.

“Hey baby sister. I missed you.” He whispered into my hair. I pulled back and inspected him. He was taller, probably around 6'1. His hair was shorter than I remembered, put in a spiky style. His eyes seemed a shade of blue darker, but his smile was same.

“I missed you too!” I said, and I gave him another hug.

“Nice to see you again Ryan.” Frank said politely as he stepped forward sticking his meaty hand out awkwardly.

“Always a pleasure.” Ryan said as he shook his hand.

“Nice place you have here.” Frank said sarcastically. Ryan nodded, stifling a laugh.

“Come in.” Ryan said moving to the side, his arm still around my waist. Frank looked over into the small, messy apartment and shook his head.

“Wish I could, but I have a taxi waiting downstairs. And I’m sure Destiny is sick of me.” He said quickly.

“Um…Thanks for bringing me Frank. Tell my mom I will call her tomorrow.” I said civily.

“Sure, sure. Have fun kids.” He urged. He reached out and squeezed my arm then turned back to shuffle down the dark hallway.

I turned to smile at Ryan, and he smiled back. Then he stuck out his hand and gestured to the door.

“Ladies first.”

I grinned, feeling more at home than I ever had before.

*note* All characters are mine, along with the plot and ideas

Tags: Angel, Fallen, Merciless, Non-Twilight, related

Views: 2749

Replies to This Discussion

Hahahahahhahah this chapter is soooo funny! love the drunk Kale ;)

Poor Destiny with puke all over her. 

LOL that was so funny!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!! With Kale being drunk and all the silly things he did!!!! hahahaha!!!! It was an amazing chapter!!!!!! loved it!!!!!
I'm still laughing . . . great chapter!! nice to see a different side of Kale. wonder what he'll be thinking when he wakes up and comes to his senses! I also have a feeling he is not going to accept Chase in Destiny's life . . . but I guess I'll have to wait and see. I LOVE this story, and as always, can't wait for more!!
drunk Kale sounds really sexy..lol. Can I have a piece of him?
HaHa. please write more soon
Thanks guys!
omg hilarious!!! i love this kale!!! post more soon!!!
omq great chaptersz...ihts wasz beyond funny.had me laughing so hard dats tries were in my eyes rofl smh @ kale aww poor destiny(eww) he puked o0n her lolsz luv iihtsz cnt wait o04 more "How was it possible that he could be so drunk, and still so smooth?'' humm wonder wat kate gnna think wen he wake uhp to reality
love mary alice cullen
we need to see more of drunk kale. so funny. i like that chase is back, hes a sweetie pie.
gosh, i sounded like a granny there.
anyway, loved it and update soon
OMG!!! KALE!!!!! I LOVED IT PLEASE WRITE MORE SOON!!!!!:}
A/N: Sorry for the wait guys, but here is the chapter! I'm very excited for this one; and I hope it exlpains a little more about Ryan. Enjoy! ~RussetWolfLuv

Merciless Angel- Chapter 24

“Kale, you have got to be kidding me!” I screeched, looking horrified down at my now puked covered neck, shirt, and hoodie. The overwhelming fume burned the inside of my nose, and I could feel my stomach churning.

He laughed meticulously, falling onto his back. “My bad.” He chuckled. I smacked my fist as fervidly as I could against his chest. There was a hollow thud, and he gripped his breastbone, groaning.

“Arrg, this is so gross!” I whined, hesitant to touch the disgusting liquid. I had left my bag of stuff at the hotel, and had no change of clothes or anything to clean it up with. Just freakin' great.

“Looks like your gonna have to strip for me.” He sassed, waggling his eyebrows suggestively. It took all my self control not to punch him in that second. He was really starting to get on my nerves.

“Kale. Shut. Up. For the last time. And give me your jacket.” I ordered. He raised his hands shakily in surrender, and slid his jacket off. He passed it to me, and laid down again.

“Close your eyes.” I demanded, embarrassed to have to undress in front of him. He smirked, and closed his eyes. When I was sure he wasn't looking, I hurtled my hoodie off, and wretched my shirt from my skin. I grabbed the bundle and threw them out of the hood of the van in a pile. Then I slipped Kale's smooth jacket over my torso, and zipped it up. It was too big for me by far, but it clung to skin warmly. It smelt exactly like Kale: minty, sweet, and mouth watering.

I laid down beside him, the smell of puke still engraved in my nose. “Don't you dare puke on me again. Or I swear to god I will kick your butt.” I threatened. He opened one eye to look at me, and rolled over to face me.

“If you want to touch my butt you just have to ask. No need to be mean.” He mocked. Right then my patience snapped. That was it. My fist shot out, and snapped against his nose. Pain throbbed through my knuckles, but I ignored it. Kale clutched his face, and fell back.

“Oww.” He whimpered weakly, closing his eyes slowly. He went almost still, only his chest moving rhythmically to his breathing. I smiled.

“Night Kale.” I whispered to myself, laying my head on my arm. I closed my eyes and let the darkness take over me.

“Destiny....Destiny....Destiny!” The far away voice floated closer and closer, until it was right in my ear. I woke with a start, and Kale's face was only a few inches from mine. He had dark bags under his eyes, and his lazy smile was replaced with the permanent grimace I was accustom too.

I rubbed my eyes hazily, trying to let them adjust to the sudden amount of the light from the window. “Morning.”

He snapped his fingers in from my face with an irritated look on his face. “Did you hear me?”

“No what?” I replied, pushing him away so I could sit up.

He sighed. “ 1- Why are we in the back of a van? 2- Why do I have a killer headache? 3- Why are you wearing my jacket? 4- Why does my face hurt really badly?”

I had to think for a second before answering. “1- Because I had no idea where the apartment was. 2- You were really drunk. 3- Because you puked all over my shirt and hoodie. 4- Because I punched you.”

He looked at me suspiciously for a few seconds. “Kale, what is the last thing you remember?”

“Um...Chase was kissing you...I was mad...the bar...drinking, and that's it.” He said, his eyebrows furrowed into a V.

“Okay, well a few hours later you called me, telling me to pick you up. When I found you, you were completely drunk, and singing a Justin Bieber song. Then you puked on the bouncers shoes, and used your charm to tick him off. Then we limped out here, and you made me sing you a song. Then you went to kiss me, and you puked on me.” I said bitterly. His face went dark.

“You are so lying. I would never sing a Justin Bieber song.”

“I swear to God, everything I just said is true. If you look outside you will see my puke colored clothes.” I laughed. I knew he would have this reaction.

“This sounds way to sketchy.” He droned.

“Whatever Kale. I will never forget that night. But I really would like to go back to the apartment now. So I can change and take a shower.” I said seriously.

He rubbed his face, flinching suddenly. “Wait, why did you punch me again?”

“Because you were being annoying and explicit.” I popped.

“How so?”

“Well other than singing your stupid songs, and not shutting up, you were doing that thing where you twist people's words around to make them sound weird.”

He laughed. “I sure have a knack for that.”

“So, can we go back to the apartment now? I mean as cozy as this van is...”

“I guess so. That is if my head will stop pounding.”

“Why did you get drunk in the first place?” I questioned.

“I was mad because you were hanging out with the soulblazer, and you guys looked really...comfortable.” He said sourly.

“Oh my God! Kale Reynolds was jealous!” I shrieked.

“Pfff. You wish.” He spiked, unlatching the hood, and climbing out. He staggering, and squinted in the bright sun. I climbed out beside him, and rubbed my face. I looked down at my pile of clothes.

“You are carrying those. It's your puke on them.”

“No. I don't wanna touch the puke.” He squirmed.

“It's your puke!” I argued.

“I don't care whose puke it is, I don't want to touch it.” He said stubbornly.

` “Kale, sometimes I hate you.” I groaned, nudging the pile with my foot.

“That's better than hating me all the time I guess.” He winked.

“Yeah, well your so charming. Especially when you can't stop emitting your bodily fluids all over people.” I snaked sarcastically.

“You liked it. Just admit it.”

I took a step towards him, and raised my first. “I'm so ready to punch you again.”

He shook his head of messy hair and closed the space between us. But instead of kissing me, or something like that; he did something I wasn't expecting. He grabbed me around the waist, and hoisted me over his shoulder. I screamed, and slammed my fists against his back. “Put me down Kale!”

“I can't. Your psychotic. Threatening to hurt me like a crazy person.”

I kicked my legs frantically, and flailed my arms, but he just kept walking slowly towards the exit of the junkyard. “Kale,” I whined, “Just put me down. I swear I won't hurt you.”

He considered it. “Promise?”

“Promise!” I urged. He dropped me from his shoulder, and I felt all the blood in my head rush back to the rest of my body. A nauseous feeling rolled over me, and I would have fallen over if it wasn't for Kale's arm supporting me.

“Clumsy. Clumsy. Clumsy.” He ticked.

“You should have seen yourself last night.” I muttered.

“Hear no evil. Speak no evil. See no evil.” He recited.

“What?” But instead of answering he just shook his head and pulled me down the busy winding streets. People pushed hungrily down the streets, trying ot get to their destinations. Me and Kale just strolled at a leisurely pace.

Eventually I began to recognize the area, and we soon came to the hotel. Wordlessly we walked up the flights of stairs, and Kale unlocked the door to the room with a small click. It looked exactly how we left it; spotless except for my gym bag in the bed. I grabbed it, and locked myself in the bathroom.

I looked curiously in the mirror at my reflecting image. My life had changed in so many ways in the last few weeks, and I had changed with it. My eyes seemed wider, with fear or wisdom I wasn't sure. My face its self seemed more mature, and less childlike. There were faint bruises and cuts across my body from the random fights I was getting into, and my hair looked like it was ten times longer.

I sighed, and stripped. I climbed into the shower, and let the hot water wash away my fears and worries. I wanted to be permanently rid of the fear that any second me and Kale could be faced with more fights. We were in immediate danger every second; and we could never be truly safe.

After the hot water started to turn cold I turned the shower off, and climbed out. I pulled on jeans, a long sleeved shirt and a gray hoodie. I brushed the tangles out of my hair and washed my bruised and dirty face. I looked down sadly at Kale's jacket. I softly picked it up and held it to my chest.

I unlocked the door, and right away saw Kale laying on the bed. He was munching on a handful of pretzels from a bag beside him. His eyes were closed, but they opened when he heard me walk towards him. I dropped my bag and his coat onto the floor and climbed onto the bed beside him. I took a pretzel from his hand and savored it's salty taste.

“Kale,”

“What?”

“It's time for you to tell me about Ryan.” I breathed, unable to wait any longer.

He pulled himself up and chewed slowly. “You're sure you want to know?”

“Yes.” I snapped.

“Okay.” He paused. “Do you remember your dad?”

“Not really, but what does he have to do with this?” I asked, puzzled. Kale ignored my question.

“His name was Faust Sanders. And he was a....bad man.”

“Wait—isn't Faust that guy from the German legend about a man selling his soul to the devil? Who would name their kid that?” I interrupted.

“Well, it's the perfect name for him them. Because...I'm not sure how to explain this.” His eyes fluttered around like he was searching for the right words. “He messed around in the dark arts. Curses, voodoo dolls, all that messed up crap. He wanted to live forever. He wanted to be able to control everyone around him.”

“How do you know so much about my dad?”

Kale gave me a warning look not to interrupt him again. “Anyway, so he did a ritual, where he accept a part of the devil, Satan, into his body. Satan, stole his soul. He sucked it out, leaving Faust, your dad, feeling dead, but he was still alive. Faust, had an empty area in his chest where his soul was. He became reckless and unmerciful trying to fill the empty void.”

“Eventually he found a cure. He found a girl walking by herself in an alley, and attacked her. Just as he was about to kill her through his own blinded rage, he stared into her eyes and his rage left. He could see the fear and revulsion in her eyes. He could see the emotion...he could see her soul. So he did the same thing the devil did. He stole her soul. He breathed it in, and he felt the power of it surging through him. He became faster, stronger and smarter. He realized the gift he had been given.”

“My dad was a soulblazer?” I asked, appalled.

“The first.” Kale replied. “Once he gained control of his hunger for souls, he found out if he left a tiny bit of the soul behind, a new soulblazer would be created. Though none would ever be as strong as he; they were useful. At first there were only a few, but over the last seventeen years their population has become thousands.”

“But why? Why would he turn so many?”

“He wants an army. If every soulblazer kills a human, or turns them, eventually there could be no humans left. If that was the case, he would control everyone and everything. That's why I do what I do. I slaughter soulblazer after soulblazer, searching for Faust. If I could kill him, it would put an end to all of them. Without him as their ultimate power source, they would die.” He whispered.

“So what does Ryan have to do with this?” I asked shakily.

“The soulblazer gene runs through every soulblazer, but since your dad was the original one; his is the strongest. Ryan is more soulblazer than he is human. That's why his eyes aren't black. That's why
he can control other soulblazers; they can sense Faust's chief gene in him.

“Your saying I could be a soulblazer too!” I cried in hysteria.

“No, at least not yet. The gene may be blocked off, and it could kick in sometime, but I highly doubt it. Your as human as the get.” He joked.

“So Ryan is really a soulblazer.” I said to myself. Kale nodded.

“He knows Faust. He works for him. Ryan is stationed here in Chicago, where he is supposed to building up the soulblazer population. Faust has these 'beta kids' in every major city, acting as soulblazer generals I guess.” He said, making quotations with his fingers.

“No. This...no.” I rejected all the things Kale were saying. This was too much. I wouldn't—couldn't believe this.

Kale grasped my hands lightly. “Destiny, believe me I wish I was lying. But sadly, it's all true. Our world is being taken over by soulblazers everyday, every second. I don't know if there are more people like me out there trying to take them out, but I can't do it alone. I can't fight an army of thousands by myself.” He admitted.

“I'm in shock Kale. I-I. Oh my God. This is real. Ryan is working for my dad, I mean Faust. And he is the leader of the soulblazers. He's been killing people for years.” I whimpered. “There is a war going on that no one even knows about.”

“Yep. And there is only one way we an begin to stop it.” Kale furrowed.

“What?”

“We have to kill Ryan.”
OMG RUSSET! YOU ARE AMAZING!
You just twisted around the entire story! I cannot believe about faust, and the whole soulblazer army thing! This story just got so much better (if that's even possible) you have to add more right now! I demand it, or I will take Kale hostage! Seriously! He'll be mine!
More, right now Russet, or Kale gets it!!!
OH no! Not Kale!!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service