The Twilight Saga

Alice had an alarming vision that connects with Bella’s disturbing but accurate dream.  With Jasper’s help, Alice will try to save Edward from a terrible fate.

(Alternative story to New Moon)

Bella Swan wakes from a disturbing but accurate dream and tries to spare her beloved Edward of the pain he endures with every breath.Bella leaves Edward (Alternative story)

MOONSET

This alternative story started, like Twilight, with a dream. I was reading the draft of Midnight Sun till late that night. I went to sleep thinking about how hard it was for Edward to be around Bella. So in my dream I was Bella. I was deeply in love with Edward and then I realize the pain he was into with every breath. I decided to leave him for his own sake thinking he would be happier without me. So it’s basically New Moon in reverse. Enjoy.

I want to share with you a bit of the music that inspire me while writing this Fanfic.
All of it is about the music and how it set the tone to the story
Some of them are also about the lyrics. Here is my playlist:

Breaking my heart – Aqualung

The hardest of hearts – Florence + the machine

Blackout – Muse

Goodnight, travel well  – The killers

Reel me in – Aqualung

Tonge tied - Aqualung

Falling - Florence + the machine

This little drawing is from chapter 5 Buried

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

PREFACE

“But I’m not saying goodbye”

“Don’t you see? That’s what proves me right. I care the most, because if I can do it… If leaving is the right thing to do… Then I’ll hurt myself to keep from hurting you, to keep you safe.”

“And you don’t think I would do the same?”

“You’d never have to make the choice”

Twilight, Interrogations

1. PREMONITION

ALICE

It was really fun to be alone hunting with my husband. We haven’t been able to do this in a long time. It was like an end-of-summer party. I will soon be starting my senior year at Forks High school and Jasper will be pretending to go to college. He really wanted to go this time, he said there was some subject he was interested in studying, but the simple thought of being apart was too painful. I couldn’t find it in me to try to persuade him to go.

It all happened so fast. I wasn’t keeping tabs on him, just the usual watch-out I normally do for my family. Suddenly Edward was blazing, dying in our fireplace. Thought the vision was blurry its significance was so powerful that I lost my attention on the bear I was about to finish off and its paw sent me flying before I could anticipate its move. “I have to find Jasper”.

I followed his scent; he was draining a mountain lion, a remainder of Edward I didn’t need. “Jasper! We need to get back to the house, now!” I yelled.

“Alice! What’s wrong? What did you see?” He knows me too well.

“Edward.” I answered “We’re going to have to leave the Jeep behind; we only have four hours and seventeen minutes”

He saw the dread in my eyes, there was no time to explain. We started running at full speed. When we made it out of the Big Bend Park he finally asked. “What did you see? What kind of danger is he in?”

I tried to make sense of my vision, searching backward into the future. “Bella”, it sounded like an expletive.

“Is he going to…?” Jasper asked fighting the pool of venom in his mouth. He never believed Edward will be able to overcome his temptation.

“No. I think she is going to break up with him”. How could she do that, my brother was quite a catch. Fun to be around, good to the core, handsome and totally in love with her. I couldn’t see the reason for her defection. I hopped my blurred vision wasn’t true.

She most has been determined to this outcome for some time now, or I wouldn’t be able to see it. But, why?

Jasper was sensing my fear and he voiced his concern “He’s going to try to kill himself, right?”
I just nodded, I didn’t trust my voice.

Views: 1491

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Oh now I'm wondering why is she so mad. Does she see something bad happening if they stay?

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of them.

Best wishes

Chris

She sees what Jasper is planning. What will that be to have her so mad?

In this chapter everyone is shopping; thus the title.

Next Cullen will be Esme. What do you think she's buying?

7. SHOPPING

ESME

I hate buying food but I know this is a very important part of our façade. If we’re staying we are supposed to need groceries.

As I walk the aisles of the Thriftway I can hear the gossip around me. Everyone is talking about my poor boy that is too sick to go to school. If only they knew.

When I turn at the deli aisle I see Charlie Swan coming in the opposite direction. I been holding my breath to avoid the raw meat’s odor; so I didn’t catch his scent. It’s too late to turn around, he already saw me, turning around would be rude.

“Mrs. Cullen, what a surprise.” he greets me. It should be a surprise of course; we’re supposed to be in New York.

Taking a deep breath I answer as politely as I can. “Good afternoon, Chief Swan.”

“How’s your son?” he asks shyly.

In a hole at backyard of the house thanks to your daughter!!!

“He’s feeling better; thank you” I reply mirroring his tone. It’s the only way I don’t yell at him.

“I was so sorry to hear about his health issues. I hope Bella’s decision hasn’t worsened his condition.” He has the decency to look ashamed.

I look him in the eye smiling a little. In my mind I run through different scenarios where I kill his precious daughter. None of them includes drinking her blood. After five seconds of my murderous thoughts I’m calm enough to play my part.

“He’s feeling better. He’ll be back at school this Monday” I respond sweetly.

“That’s great” he says with relief. “See you around Mrs. Cullen”.

Not if I see you first.

Ah poor Esme, so cross.

And Charlie is ashamed of her or at least the effect she may of had on Edward.

It was a difficult meeting.

Best wishes

Chris

I just found your story and I think it's a very interesting reversal of the scenario in New Moon.  I am very interested to see how all this turns out.  With regard to this chapter, I think that it must definitely be a very awkward and difficult meeting.  Now we can see Esme in her protective mom mode.  The irony is that Charlie  probably is the only one who will understand Edward's pain.  After all, he just got his daughter back and then she left again.  Can't wait for the next update!

He would also remember the pain of lossing Renee not so long after they were married.

Charlie didn't get over that too well, I am sure he would understand Edward's pain.

However given that he doesn't like Edward too much he is unlikely to be much help.

On the other hand he feels bad about what happened to him!

Hi there,

Momma Cullen is very protective of her children.
All the Cullens are angry with Bella, some more than others, Esme is the most. I don't think she fancies seeing Charlie again, but it's a small town.

Thanks for reading and commenting on my story, it means the world to me :D

You read Esme´s wrath, let’s see Alice's. Enjoy.

7. SHOPPING

ALICE

Jasper and I are strolling down the boardwalk. I’m ready to confront him. I hope we can talk this trough without a horrible fight. I know we will fight, but… I’m afraid of the dimension of our fight. Jasper it’s quite unpredictable;  I love that about him most of the times. Today, it scares me. Be brave Alice. I cajole myself.

“When are you going to let Edward know your real intentions?” I ask quietly.

“What do you mean?” he retorts sharply.

“I can see what you’re planning. Edward is not a guinea pig!” I suddenly feel like crying. Why is Jasper being so cruel?

“I know that. Don’t be ridiculous Alice” he snaps without looking at me.

“He’s in pain, for heaven’s sake!! We may never have our brother back and you are thinking about studying him, about your degree!!” I’m sobbing now. This is not the man I married.

“Alice, please. You’re making a scene.” He tries to pull me into his arms, but I’m not having that.

“I don’t care!!” I yell.

“Yes, you do. Calm down,” he says in a soothing voice. I feel his gift around me and use it to regain my cool. Whoa; I thought he was the unpredictable one.

“Better?”

“Yes, Jasper. Sorry.”

“If you promise to stay calm I’ll explain it to you.” He’s going to continue to use his gift. He doesn’t trust me. That’s ok; I don’t trust myself either.

“Explain then” I pressed in a clipped tone.

Now I really want to know what Jasper is up to. What degree is he doing?

I'm looking forward to more.

Best wishes

Chris

Now I'm really wondering: what is he planning?

love it write more soon

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service