The Twilight Saga

Alice had an alarming vision that connects with Bella’s disturbing but accurate dream.  With Jasper’s help, Alice will try to save Edward from a terrible fate.

(Alternative story to New Moon)

Bella Swan wakes from a disturbing but accurate dream and tries to spare her beloved Edward of the pain he endures with every breath.Bella leaves Edward (Alternative story)

MOONSET

This alternative story started, like Twilight, with a dream. I was reading the draft of Midnight Sun till late that night. I went to sleep thinking about how hard it was for Edward to be around Bella. So in my dream I was Bella. I was deeply in love with Edward and then I realize the pain he was into with every breath. I decided to leave him for his own sake thinking he would be happier without me. So it’s basically New Moon in reverse. Enjoy.

I want to share with you a bit of the music that inspire me while writing this Fanfic.
All of it is about the music and how it set the tone to the story
Some of them are also about the lyrics. Here is my playlist:

Breaking my heart – Aqualung

The hardest of hearts – Florence + the machine

Blackout – Muse

Goodnight, travel well  – The killers

Reel me in – Aqualung

Tonge tied - Aqualung

Falling - Florence + the machine

This little drawing is from chapter 5 Buried

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

PREFACE

“But I’m not saying goodbye”

“Don’t you see? That’s what proves me right. I care the most, because if I can do it… If leaving is the right thing to do… Then I’ll hurt myself to keep from hurting you, to keep you safe.”

“And you don’t think I would do the same?”

“You’d never have to make the choice”

Twilight, Interrogations

1. PREMONITION

ALICE

It was really fun to be alone hunting with my husband. We haven’t been able to do this in a long time. It was like an end-of-summer party. I will soon be starting my senior year at Forks High school and Jasper will be pretending to go to college. He really wanted to go this time, he said there was some subject he was interested in studying, but the simple thought of being apart was too painful. I couldn’t find it in me to try to persuade him to go.

It all happened so fast. I wasn’t keeping tabs on him, just the usual watch-out I normally do for my family. Suddenly Edward was blazing, dying in our fireplace. Thought the vision was blurry its significance was so powerful that I lost my attention on the bear I was about to finish off and its paw sent me flying before I could anticipate its move. “I have to find Jasper”.

I followed his scent; he was draining a mountain lion, a remainder of Edward I didn’t need. “Jasper! We need to get back to the house, now!” I yelled.

“Alice! What’s wrong? What did you see?” He knows me too well.

“Edward.” I answered “We’re going to have to leave the Jeep behind; we only have four hours and seventeen minutes”

He saw the dread in my eyes, there was no time to explain. We started running at full speed. When we made it out of the Big Bend Park he finally asked. “What did you see? What kind of danger is he in?”

I tried to make sense of my vision, searching backward into the future. “Bella”, it sounded like an expletive.

“Is he going to…?” Jasper asked fighting the pool of venom in his mouth. He never believed Edward will be able to overcome his temptation.

“No. I think she is going to break up with him”. How could she do that, my brother was quite a catch. Fun to be around, good to the core, handsome and totally in love with her. I couldn’t see the reason for her defection. I hopped my blurred vision wasn’t true.

She most has been determined to this outcome for some time now, or I wouldn’t be able to see it. But, why?

Jasper was sensing my fear and he voiced his concern “He’s going to try to kill himself, right?”
I just nodded, I didn’t trust my voice.

Views: 1491

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

THE FIREPLACE

ALICE

“No!!”

Jasper caught me before I hit the ground. We jumped a cliff but I lost my focus as the vision hit me. We were finally running on Washington State.

“What’s wrong Alice, are we too late?” he asked with anxious voice.

“No, it’s not that, the vision changed a little, it’s getting clearer and more explicit” I shuddered and flexed my wrist to shake off the feeling.

“But, we’re running to save him. Can’t you see us there?”

He’s right. I closed my eyes and searched again. Yes, we were there but… “A minute too late” I mutter.

“I’ve an idea, but let’s keep running” he pulled out the silver cell phone from his pocket and dialed home. We were running at full speed again.

Esme answered at the second ring. I’ve already explained Jaz that we couldn’t tell Esme the whole truth, the out coming of that decision was horrible.

“Alice?”

“No, Jasper.”

“What is it son? Sounds like you’re running. Are Alice and you ok?”

“We’re fine. Please don’t put much thought into this” This was common code for, don’t let Edward know this. “We need a favor, its urgent”

“Anything”

“Get rid of all the wood in the living room, and cut the gas from the house” I could hear her gasp in the receiver, so Jasper added “Don’t think about it, just do it. Please. We’ll meet you at the main entrance”

“Ok son, run fast”

I gave Jasper my hand so he could guide me while I closed my eyes. I was able hear the awful metallic sound of teeth over vampire skin. I winced mentally away from that ghastly image, and I could see Edward sobbing tearlessly in my arms. The vision was a little blurred, but all things considered I’ll take it.

“We’re going to make it, but it’s going to be a close one. It was a great idea to call Esme” Jasper released my hand then so we could run faster.

“And terrible timing for Emmet and Rosalie’s extended vacation” he added a little irritated. I know he’s mad at them for they behavior toward Bella. Though right now, I don’t know if we can have enough sympathy for her.

EDWARD

I ran all the way to Seattle, full speed. I was a ghost in the morning light. I reached the Sea-Tac and slowed to a quick human pace. I just wanted to know this was really happening.

I checked the flight board and there it was. A flight leaving in two hours going to Jacksonville.

I was out running again. The pain was so strong, but it was marred with relief, relief at the thought that in a few minutes all will be over, and relief at the thought that she was finally going to be safely away from me.

The sight of her scar brought back all those terrible memories. Her body; broken on the floor of the dance studio. The strength of her scent; even watching her dying my mouth was watering, my muscles tensed. Worse, the taste of her blood, it took all my will to remove my mouth from her wrist.

Because you’re dangerous… Because you’re dangerous… Because you’re dangerous… her words sounded in my head over and over. They made me run faster.

When I got near Forks my mind started to work again in my plan. It was perfect timing for my family to be away from home. The only one I was going to have to avoid was Esme.

Esme… the pain made me lost my focus and I ran through a tree. I brushed away the debris and kept running. I had to avoid her somehow; she couldn’t watch what was going to happen to her son.

I came in the kitchen entrance, trying to be quiet. Esme was in the garage doing something about the gas line to the house.

When I walked into the family room I started. The fireplace was empty… Alice!!! She knows.

I ran upstairs to get my lighter; my bedroom was locked so I punched a hole through my door and took it.

Downstairs I grabbed my piano and crushed it against the floor, put all the wood in the fireplace and lighted it. It caught at once. Flames running up, filling the house with their heat.

I knew the most effective way to go was igniting the venom in my flesh behind my skin. I watch my right wrist for a second, remembering Bella’s scar. I closed my eyes and sank my teeth through my skin around my wrist. Then clamped my lips to stop myself from screaming. My hand fell to the floor. I was shaking again.

I lift my eyes to have a last glimpse of my house. I closed them again and recall with perfect clarity her deep brown eyes, a last memory to take with me forever. I jumped…

~oOo~

write more and soon!!! keep me posted.

Hi,

your writing is fantastic, it is breath taking.

I can't get my head around the fact that this isn't your native language, how can that be when you write this well.

I am gripped by this story.

Best wishes

Chris

I've just finished writing chapter 5 (I won't tell you what it's called)

I 'll be soon able to post THE FIREPLACE part 2.

Tell me, what are your expectations for the end of this chapter?

I think that Alice/Jasper/Esme will stop him turning himself to ash.

Jasper will be able to calm him enough to stop him doing it again.

Carlisle will come home and talk him out of this very dark pit of dispare he is in.

Best wishes

Chris

Carlisle will surprise you.

He surprised me, but it seem right for him.

I know exactly what you mean. Sometime I don't think I'm incharge of my story at all. The character do such silly things I get frustrated with them.

Looking forward to reading this next chapter - I'll be sorry if Edward is out of the story line for good.

Best wishes
Chris

He won't, just kidding

Would you be put out if I tell you that next chapter it's called BURIED and that Edward will be six feet under?

THE FIREPLACE Part 2

JASPER

I launched myself from the main entrance and collided with my brother’s body. We fell on the floor so hard that our bodies dented it. My arms were around his shoulders as I tackled him and I used the physical contact to make my gift more effective on Edward.

I went for numb, easier than happy. The pain radiating from him almost crushed me so, numb was the only feeling I could manage.

Alice was there in a second trying to hold him, but I shake my head to her, I couldn’t let go of him yet.

Esme came in from the kitchen and put the fire out with an extinguisher. Edward lifted his head at the sound. At the sight of our mother he finally stopped fighting me.

She grabbed Edward’s hand from the floor and kneeled next to him. Her expression was full of pain and compassion. It’s in times like this I wish we could cry, such a beautiful and effective way to clean your soul from sorrow. Maybe Edward is right, we don’t have a soul.

Esme took Edward’s arm and licked softly over the broken skin; then she attached his hand and kissed his knuckles with motherly love. I used all her adoration and forced it into Edward’s system. He started sobbing tearlessly. Keening loudly he curled into Esme’s arms.

“I’m sorry mom…I’m sorry…I’m sorry mommy… so sorry” Edward said over and over while Esme hummed soothingly and rocked him in her arms.

My hand was still resting on his shoulder and my eyes smarted from the tears I couldn’t shed. Alice came behind me and hugged me. It was like she could hear my thoughts. Her love helped me keep control.

Esme rocking, Alice hugging me and my gift soothing, it took us three hours to calm Edward enough to let him sit on his own. His eyes had reddened from unshed tears and he was feeling ashamed. He wouldn’t talk to us, his gaze fixed to his wrist on his lap.

Our silence was broken by Carlisle entrance. He took in the scene piece by piece. When his eyes met Edward’s wrist he felt such anger… I’ve never felt Carlisle that angry… it made recoil into my wife’s arms.

The instant I release his shoulder Edward started sobbing. Great! I’m his new baby sitter.

“I don’t need you!!” Edward growled at me.

I’m sorry brother I know you’re in pain. It’s taking a great toll on me, sorry.

“I know, I know. Sorry, to all of you.” Edward said embarrassed.

“How could you do that to your mother!!!?” Carlisle snarled. I tried to calm him before the situation got out of hand.  

Edward raised his head to meet Carlisle’s glare. When Carlisle saw all the pain in the eyes of his son the tension finally broke. He sank onto the floor and hugged his beloved Edward. Whoa, what a rush of emotions in such short time, I’m feeling sick.

“Everything is going to be fine.” Alice whispered in my ear. “Come, you need some fresh air” I took her hand and went out the kitchen door.

While we were leaving we heard Edward talking to our parents. “I’m sorry dad, sorry mom. I promise this won’t happen again… sorry”

Attachments:

I must confess that I almost cried writing this part. Carlisle and Esme’s reaction took me by surprise.

Only the love of your parents can be stronger than any pain… I think

I cried too.

You are right to have Carlisle react this way, he would see what Edward was trying to do as a sinful act even though he may consider that vampires have no soul.

Looking forward to the next chapter - but think it may be even more sad.

Best wishes

Chris

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service