The Twilight Saga

In this fan fiction, Bella has just moved to Forks and she has a crush on Edward (who is human, by the way) and he has a crush on her. Then one day Bella mysteriously disappears and Edward becomes worried about her. All human story.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Edward's banner

Chapter 1
EPOV

Let me just say that being in a hospital is one of the most depressing things in the world. It smells like death and disinfectant, you see old crippled people wandering the halls looking like they're going to fall over, and have you seen the children's ward? Those kids are bored out of their minds and coughing their guts out.

That's what I have to endure every time I visit my dad's work. Today was Saturday and I was visiting the hospital where my father worked, or "Dr. Cullen", as he is called there. I was just meaning to stop in to deliver his lunch that he forgot, but he absolutely insisted on taking a walk with me and telling me about the hospital's new "organization system".

"When someone is scheduled for a surgery that day, we put a yellow tag on their door, and when they are being released from the hospital that day, we put a green tag on their door..." He kept going on and on and on...

I was absentmindedly looking around and pretending to be enthusiastic about this, but it was hard when you were looking at the solemn faces of the doctors and the gaunt faces of the patients. I settled for watching the door handles of the rooms go by, seeing if I could find someone who was going home that day to cheer me up.

I saw two yellow tags, one green tag, and one red. Funny, I didn't think my dad told me what a red tag meant, and he had already moved on to the new infant hospital bracelets that couldn't slip off.

"What does the red tag mean?" I interrupted him as he rambled on about the new bracelets.

"Oh..." His eyebrows pulled together and a saddened look came over his face. I was beginning to think I didn't want to know what the red tag meant. "Well, that's for patients that are expected to die within the month. The ones we know we can't save."

Yep, definitely didn't want to know. I glanced back at the room with the red tag, and I couldn't help looking in the window, too. Lying in a bed was a girl about my age with long brown hair and a pale heart-shaped face.

I stopped dead, and so did my heart for a moment. It was Bella. Suddenly her disappearance from school made sense. Poor girl...it couldn't be true. Bella couldn't be dying...

Carlisle sighed sadly and put his arm around my shoulder, pulling me away from the sad scene.

"Wait," I said suddenly, surprising myself. I never took my eyes off of Bella. "Can I...can I go see her? I know her, she's Bella, a girl from my school. Please, Carlisle?"

He probably would've argued, but right then a nurse came up and told him that he had to prepare the operating room for a surgery, and he agreed hastily. I walked slowly back to Bella's room, trying to gather myself before I saw her. The door creaked open and the red tag swung on the handle. I glared at it, needing something to blame for Bella's early death.

She was asleep, wires seeming to sprout from her skin to bags of medication, a heart monitor, and a couple of other things I didn't recognize. The heart monitor was beeping unusually slowly, the points lower than they should be, as if her heart was weak. She took shallow, uneven, rasping breaths, really sounding like a dying person.

I walked in further and sat down in a plastic chair beside her bed, not quite sure what I planned to do. I noticed her hands folded across her stomach and I had the urge to hold them in mine, but I didn't want to wake her.

There was no need to worry. Bella had a coughing fit almost as soon as the thought entered my mind and it was so bad that it woke her up. I leaned forward in my seat, wishing I could help, and when she was done coughing her eyes fell on me.

"Edward?" she said confusedly in a hoarse whisper. I nodded, not knowing what to say. "What are you doing here?"

"I, uh...I saw the red tag on the door, and...I wanted to talk to you, I guess," I said awkwardly, examining the bedsheets carefully. Bella processed that for a moment and I got the courage to look up. her expression was slightly confused, but I could tell she was a little pleased that someone had stopped to talk to her.

"I wish I could get out of here," she said irritably. "I get so bored I just have to sleep in my free time, which is all the time." She sounded horrible, and she kept on having to take shallow breaths in the middle of her sentences.

"I could come by after school," I offered shyly, looking at the bedsheets again. "I get pretty bored sitting around the house, too."

Bella smiled a bit. "That would be great," she wheezed, and I grinned back.

"I should probably get going now," I said absently, glancing at the door to see if Carlisle was waiting. "So...I'll see you Monday, then?" She nodded meekly and I left the room in a daze, already getting impatient for Monday to arrive which, let me tell you, is a first.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2
EPOV

Forks High School was within walking distance of the hospital, so as you can imagine I ran there as soon as the bell rang. I nearly threw open the door of Bella's room, and I'll admit I sighed with relief to see her. I had asked Carlisle to keep tabs on her, make sure she was doing okay, but he hadn't worked yesterday and I had become unnecessarily worried. She smiled when I walked in and I sat in the plastic chair again.

We talked for a bit about school, how her friends were doing without her, what they thought happened to her, stuff like that. I found myself wanting to hold her hand again, but I knew she might not like it.

"See that box on the side table?" Bella gestured to the table next to her, her hand shaking. "The colorful one?"

"Yeah," I said, examining it. Was it just me, or did Bella sound sicker?

"It's a book on tape. Can you put the first one into the tape player over there?" I nodded and took out a tape with a big 1 on it and popped it in the player. Once I made sure it was on the right side I pressed the play button and a man's voice announced that I was listening to an "unabridged production of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling".

I went and sat next to Bella again, who had settled down and closed her eyes. "My mom got me the first book when I was eight," she explained, her eyes still closed. "I've listened to the series at least a hundred times." I noticed a trace of sadness in her voice.

"What happened to her? Your mom, I mean," I asked, hoping I wasn't offending her. It took her a moment to answer.

"She died," she said simply, looking me in the eye steadily. "Both of my parents did."

Could her luck be any worse? "I'm sorry," I murmured after a moment. Bella looked at me as if contemplating something. "What?" I asked.

"It's just...I've never actually told anyone that before, and I'm trying to figure out why I told you. Hmmm..." She shrugged indifferently, though still looking puzzled. "it feels kind of good to tell someone, though." I nodded understandingly.

"Well, you can tell me anything," I assured her. "I'll keep your secret." She smiled a bit and then closed her eyes, listening to the tape.

"Have you ever read the Harry Potter series?" she asked after a moment of comfortable silence.

"I've seen the movies, I just haven't had the patience for the books," I admitted. "The movies were good, though."

"You should read the books," she told me, her eyes still closed. "This is the seventh one, so if you've seen the sixth movie then you should be caught up in the story." I listened more intently after that, and I thought it was pretty good. "You could borrow my tapes, if you like," Bella muttered, sounding embarrassed.

"Maybe I will," I replied thoughtfully. I listened some more, my eyes on Bella, watching her rest. She looked like an angel when she slept.

We sat in silence for a while, listening to the tape. At five thirty I left, bidding her goodnight and worrying that I might not see her again.

Tags: angel, bella, edward, human, makenna, my, red, sick, tag

Views: 140

Replies to This Discussion

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
aawwaawwwwwwwwwawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
awww aww aww aww awww aww aww awww awwwwwwwww
this is sooooo sad but goooooood!

love it britt
I'm literally crying..those chapter were utterly beautiful!
Ur writing skills are amazing!

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ POST MORE!
Heartbreakingly great! Sorrowful and painstaking, but it's still good. Bella can't die! That'll probably kill Edward! Love it! Please write more!
Since I already said pretty much everything before, I will only say this: DON'T YOU DARE KILL BELLA!!!!! >=(

Keep writing! =) Fly on. Ash.
Awww, it's so sad! :(
awwww
its soo sad
more plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
It's so *tears* sad. I hope she makes it!!!
keep me posted.....this is soo sweet!
Chapter 8
EPOV

I held Bella's fragile, ice-cold face in my hand, her eyes closed. She looked so pitiful and frail, like one word could break her. I sat there in silence for a while, making sure that Bella continued to breathe, and I was the first to break the silence.

"Bella?"

"Hmm?" she responded in barely a whisper.

"Does Harry die in the end?" She knew what I was talking about as soon as I said it, and a small smile played on her lips.

"Yeah, like I'm going to tell you and spoil the end," she laughed quietly. I smiled and took her hand, tracing patters on the back. "Why don't you...put in the tape," she breathed, sounding as if she were barely holding on to life and having to pause in the middle of her sentence to take a breath. "My favorite part is coming up."

"Okay," I whispered. I slid my hand off her face as gently as I could, but even then her head lolled to the side as if I had yanked it out suddenly. I felt a lump rise in my throat at the sight and crossed the room to the tape player. After the tape was rolling I took my seat beside Bella again, letting her head rest in my palm once more.

Ginny had just called Harry up to her room to give him his birthday present, and I saw Bella smile. "Is this your favorite part?" I asked her. She nodded weakly, her eyes closed.

Harry was now reassuring Ginny that there wouldn't be any dating opportunities on his quest for Horcruxes, and then Ginny said, "There's the silver lining I've been looking for." Then Jim Dale announced very suddenly that they were kissing, which caught me a bit off guard. Jim described kissing as a blissful oblivion, and Bella's smile grew.

This was what Bella wanted. She wanted someone who loved her, who would kiss her as sweetly as Harry was kissing Ginny, with love and passion even though they knew that their time together was short. Bella needed someone who didn't care that she was dying, who loved her until the end.

I used the hand that was cradling her face to turn her head toward me, then I leaned in slowly. Bella's eyes were still closed, but I think she could sense me leaning in, because her breathing became heavier and she made a weak attempt to lean in too.

"Shhh," I soothed her as she strained herself to get closer to me. She relaxed a bit and let me come to her. I closed my eyes too, then let our lips touch.

It was better than any words could have described it. Our lips lingered together and Bella tried to put her hand on my face. I helped her by holding it there with my other hand, then let the one holding her face slip to the back of her neck, holding our lips together securely. She let out a soft moan and I broke away for a moment to breathe. Her heart monitor was going wild, and I laughed quietly, then pulled her face to mine once more. She parted her lips slightly and we turned our heads at every angle possible to get closer to each other.

By the time the kiss was done I had lost track of time completely, Jim Dale still recalling Harry's birthday in the background, but I don't think either of us were listening. I hovered over Bella, both of us breathing raggedly, but she was downright gasping. I opened my eyes to make sure she was okay, stroking her face. Her eyes were still closed and her breathing uneven, but after a moment she seemed fine. Without a word I climbed in the bed next to her and cradled her in my arms, and she let out a sigh of contentment, a smile on her face.

I smiled too, leaning down and resting my head on her chest so that she felt none of my weight, listening to the faint beating of her heart. "I...love you...Edward..." she murmured, still slightly out of breath. I tilted my head up so that I could whisper in her ear.

"I love you too," I vowed, and she giggled quietly from the tickle of my breath. I smiled and held her so that she could rest her head on my shoulder. We lay there in comfortable silence while I played with her hair.

"Edward?" she muttered after a while, sounding exhausted.

"Yes, Love?" I asked quietly.

"Can you promise me something?"

"Anything."

"Read the Harry Potter series," she said simply, and I smiled.

"I promise." Bella grinned and I held her closer. "I'll do whatever makes you happy." I inhaled deeply and took in the scent of her hair, like freesia or lavender. I kissed her forehead and she wormed herself closer to me.

"I leave everything to you, by the way," she whispered, taking me by surprise. "Even the money in my bank account."

"I don't want your money," I told her truthfully. "Your old aunt can have it." She laughed quietly but shook her head.

"My aunt is rich, she doesn't need any more money. I want you to put it towards your college fund." I sighed, seeing that there was no convincing her and not wanting to stress her out. I nodded and she seemed satisfied with that.

"I just wish we had more time," I moaned desperately. "What will I do without you?" Bella opened her eyes, her face agonized.

"You'll go on with your life, Edward. You'll graduate from high school, go to college, get a degree, get a job, buy a house...get married...have a family..." She choked out the last two things, a tear rolling down her cheek. I knew that the concept of me being with someone else was very hard for her to comprehend. I shook my head at the idea.

"Bella, I'll always love you, and only you." I stroked her face, smiling at her. "That is one thing that will never change." I pressed my lips to hers then, kissing her gently and comfortingly. When she broke away to breathe I moved my mouth to her nose, then her cheeks, her eyelids, her forehead, her neck...

Bella smiled under my lips as I kissed her on the mouth once more. "As much as I know that shouldn't make me happy, it does," she admitted. "I should want you to move on, live a happy life," she said sadly. I lifted her chin to make her look at me.

"I'm happy now," I said seriously, gazing into her eyes. "Even though our time together will be short, I'll enjoy every minute of it." She smiled again and I returned it. I lowered my forehead to hers and closed my eyes, sighing contentedly. "You've shown me what real love is," I murmured. "That's something no one else could have done for me. I'll always love you, no matter what."

"As I'll always love you," she whispered, unable to speak any louder. I took lifted my head off of hers and kissed the tip of her nose before letting her head rest on my shoulder again. She fell asleep there, a small smile on her face, Harry Potter still playing on its tape.

I stayed there with her much longer than I probably should have, but I couldn't bear to leave Bella. She was so close to death now that she might not wake, and I had to stay with her as long as possible when she was still alive. Carlisle came in after about an hour of me listening to the story on tape and stroking Bella's hair.

"Time to go, son. We have to get back to the rest of the family." He stood in the doorway waiting for my response. I didn't look at him, holding my gaze on Bella's sleeping face.

"I just can't leave her," I choked out. "What if...what if she doesn't make it through the night?" I looked at him now, and his face was somber, pitying.

"I suppose we could keep her at our house," he said unexpectedly, and my heart leapt. "It might be better anyhow, I could give her better medical attention if she was close by." A smile broke across my face, and after thanking him profusely he began to take out Bella's needles and IVs. I carried her out of the hospital, amazed that she didn't stir the entire way, taking her bag and tape player.

We rode in the back on the ride home. She had come around by then and was very happy when I explained to her where we were going. She was curled up in a ball on my lap, my arms around her and her head lolling on my shoulder. When we pulled into the garage I carried her into the house and up to my room where I laid her gently on my bed. Carlisle reattached all of her cables and IVs, including a heart monitor.

I laid down next to her when he left, making her smile. I took her into my arms again and tucked her head under my chin, where she snuggled into my chest. "You missed a lot of Harry Potter," I informed her. "They already infiltrated the Ministry."

"It's okay, I don't really like that part," she said sleepily. "Umbridge just gets on my nerves, killing all those muggleborns." I nodded in agreement.

"Do Harry and Ginny ever see each other again?" I asked.

"Again, not telling you the ending," she laughed softly, then she sighed.

I rubbed her back for a while, brushing my fingers up and down her spine. I could feel her faint heartbeat, her shallow breathing, painful reminders of her condition. "I love you," I murmured, wanting her to be sure of it before she passed on.

"I love you too," she whispered. Then she looked up at me with a worried expression on her face. "Do you think you'll forget me after a while? I mean, when you're older, won't I seem kind of...unimportant?" How could she honestly think such things?

"Bella, you'll always be the best thing that will ever and has ever happened to me," I said firmly, looking her straight in the eye. "Don't ever say things like that, or think them, for that matter." I held her closer, as if I could hold the life inside of her. "I'll never forget you. I'd rather forget my own name."

She seemed satisfied with that and I played the Harry Potter tape. She fell asleep again, so weak it made me want to cry, and I turned off the player, feeling drowsy myself. I went under not long after, dreaming of the amazing girl in my arms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9
BPOV

I woke up the next day in Edward's arms, light pouring through the glass wall. I tilted my head up with great difficulty and kissed him on the lips. He smiled in his sleep and pulled me closer. "Bella," he murmured, and I smiled wider.

I lay there patiently for about ten minutes, for him to wake up, but something was terribly wrong. Every twenty seconds or so, my vision would become blurry and black spots would appear. I had to focus hard to not succumb to the darkness that was closing in on me, but it was exhausting and I was about to give up when Edward's eyes fluttered open and he smiled.

That saved my life. I knew I couldn't leave him, not yet, I still had so many things to tell him. He had to hear that I loved him one more time. I fought the darkness harder, and after a few seconds Edward's face came into view again. He wasn't smiling anymore, having realized that something was wrong.

"Bella? Can you hear me? Are you alright, Love?" He was frantic now, and it took me a moment to respond.

"I'm okay," I assured him in a pitifully feeble voice, shaking because of what I just experienced. "I think I almost died, though." I began to cry for reasons unknown and he held me close, rocking me back and forth as tears ran down my face.

"I'm here, Bella, you're okay, you're okay. Calm down, Love. Shhh, I'm here."

My tears slowed after a while and I stopped shaking. Edward rubbed my back soothingly, his lips in my hair. "That was so scary," I whispered, and he clutched me closer. He was so warm compared to me that I felt as if I was wrapped in a blanket that just came out of the dryer. It was a very comforting, familiar feeling.

"I love you," I murmured. "I had to tell you that before I died, one more time, to make sure you knew."

"I do know that, Bella," he assured me, and I relaxed. "And I hope you know that I love you, too." I nodded against his chest. "Would you like to listen to your lullaby? It might calm you down a bit." I nodded again and he reached over me to the player on the side table, popping the disk in and pressing play. The familiar melody floated out of the speakers, soothing me. I remembered the first time Edward held my hand when I showed him the original copy, though it seemed like years instead of days ago.

He stroked my hair, humming along, and I smiled contently. Esme brought Edward breakfast in bed, but I couldn't eat anything. Carlisle said that my digestive system wasn't strong enough, so I had an IV that gave me the nutrients and energy I needed.

We sat and listened to Harry Potter for most of the day, whispering to each other and occasionally kissing. Each time my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest and he left me gasping for air. I fell asleep in Edward's arms again, praying that it wouldn't be the last time I saw him.
I am going to cry... That isn't normal 4 me :'( Great Chappie Makenna xx
wow..
not goin to cry, not goin to cry..
ok cryin now..
luved it..
plz post more soon..
I cried and cried . . .

Please don't do something like this ever again!!!!

But it was beautiful!!!!

So update soon!!!!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service