The Twilight Saga

Book 1 Plot: When Bella meets 3 handsome strangers, her world is turned upside down. Nothing is as it seems, secrets, lies and danger all around her all at once. She eventually finds her torn between friendship and love, but what happens as danger is nearing closer?

Jason Ezra Collins || 19 || Not Human-Demi-God || FC: Ezra Miller
First Appears in: Book 1
Friends: Caleb, Steven. Grows Close to Bella Aswell. He is rather protective over her. He may act like a jerk at times, but that's only when he is angry about something.
Enemy: Stefan
Steven Pouge Michaels || 21 || Fallen Angel || FC: Taylor Kitsch
First appears in: Book 1
Friends: Grew up with Jason and Caleb. They are like brothers to him. He grows close to Bella as well.  He is the leader of the pack he and his friends formed. He can be rather charming and sweet.
Enemy: Stefan
Caleb Danvers || 20 || Son of Ipswich (Witch/Demonic Powers) || FC: Steven Strait
Friends: His best friends are Steven and Jason. They are like brothers to him, he has known them or many years now. He becomes close friends with Bella as well and woves to protect her no matter what.
Enemy: Stefan.
Younger Caleb:
Isabella "Bella" Marie Swan || 19 || Human || FC: Kristen Stewart.
Friends: She becomes close friends with Jason, Steven and Caleb. They are the only friends/family she has, since she lost her family in a house fire when she managed to escape.
Enemy: Stefan-Does not know that at first.
Younger Bella:
Stefan Ian Morgan || 20 || Vampire || FC: Paul Wesley
Friends: Bella?
Enemies: Jason, Caleb and Steven. They have hated each other for many years now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Layla Danielle Williams || 17 || Witch-Controls Nature || FC: Danielle Panabaker
First mentioned in Book 1, First Appears in Book 2.
Friends: She is close to Caleb and Jason-they are like her brothers. She also develops a bond with Bella. Steven is the one she is most closest to as they are in love.
Enemies: Stefan is her biggest enemy.
Book 1 is written in Bella's P.O.V apart from Chapter 5.
Book 1 Content:
Chapter 1-The Drowning 
Chapter 2-New Home 
Chapter 3-Visitor 
Chapter 4-Caleb's Pain 
Chapter 5-Nightmares-Caleb's P.O.V.
Chapter 6 (Part 1)-The Ancient Text 
Chapter 6 (Part 2)-The Son of Ipswich 
Chapter 7-Fallen Angel 
Chapter 8-Demi-God 
Chapter 9-Fight Vs. Friendship 
Chapter 10-Dream of the Future 
Chapter 11-Here comes Death 

Book 2: My Immortality
Written in Caleb's P.O.V, with some parts from Bella's
Plot: Struggling with the death of Jason. Bella, Caleb and Steven find them selves fighting for their lives. As old enemies start to return, Bella learns the truth about who she really is. But what happens when the fate of everyone around her, lays in her own hands?
Book 2 Content:
Chapter 1-Truth Comes Out 
Chapter 2-The Task
Chapter 3-The Portal 
Chapter 4-Two Sides To Me 
Chapter 5-Danver's Restaurant and School-Time Talk 
Chapter 6-The Deadly Lesson 
Chapter 7-Time for Change
Chapter 8-Control of Emotions 
Sneak Peaks Of Chapter 9
Sneak Peaks Of Chapter 10
Chapter 9-Aftermath Of The Fire
Chapter 10-The Coca Cambrai Cabin
Chapter 11-Part 1: The Question
Chapter 11-Part 2: Half Lit
Book 3: The End of Silence (Coming Soon)

Tags: MyImmortalSeries

Views: 1812

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Lol :) I'll try and post soon, as soon as I get the chapter header for Chapter 9. The full chapter will be up.

Sneak Peaks From Chapter 10

1) Caleb's P.O.V:

I saw her cheeks turn slightly rogue and I bit my lip slightly looking into her eyes. But Jason snapped us both back to reality “Ahem!” he coughed rather loudly to get our attention “Who's driving?” he chirped as he was climbing into the back of the car.

“I’ll drive.” I said and Steven tossed me the car keys and I caught them, without even having to see in what direction they were flying through the air. I then got into the drivers seat, while Bella sat in the passengers at the front after she locked the front door to the house.

Lily, Steven and Layla all squeezed together at the back. Since Lily was little and slim, they had no issue all being in the back with Jason.

“Where are we going?” Lily asked curious as I started the car pulling out of the driveway and onto the dirt road in the woods that goes to the highway.

Bella turned in her seat, looking over at Lily “To Layla’s parents.” she told her smiling warmly “They’re going to look after you for a while sweetie.” she explained. In the car mirror I saw Lily nodding, with a small nervous smile on her lips.

“They’ll love you...don’t worry.” Layla reassured Lily smiling.

Bella just smiled softly, shaking her head to herself, more than at any one else. I chuckled softly, once the car was on the dirt road, the journey to Layla’s parents house was rather fast...10 maybe 15 minutes tops. Barely any cars took the dirt roads in the woods so it was pretty fast and easy way to get there, as we didn’t get held back by a lot of traffic. The highway was completely empty so the speed was easy to pick up.

We came to a long winding road, in a neighborhood-not many houses were around and if there were houses there. They were more like mansions and private properties and what not..I stopped the car outside a white victorian-era house.

Bella looked surprised “Your parents live here?” she asked Layla, who nodded giggling as we all got out of the car. I went and grabbed Lily’s bag from the car trunk, while Layla knocked on the wooden door.

Lily stood beside Bella, leaning against her while I walked over to them as well. Jason and Steven were both leaning against the car. A woman resembling Layla answered the door-Her mother. She smiled softly seeing us all “You must be our little guest for a few days.” she said looking down at Lily

“Lily.” she whispered hiding behind Bella slightly. Bella smiled softly down at Lily giving her a light squeeze before she looked at Layla’s mother and speaking:

“Thank you for agreeing to look after her...It means a lot.” she told Layla’s mother, Jenna.

Jenna smiled warmly at Bella “You don’t need to thank me dear...we’re happy to do it.” she told me. We then all heard footsteps as a tall man walked over to the door, Jenna’s husband Michael and Layla’s father.

“Ahh we got guests.” he said smiling softly and his eyes landed on Bella “You must be Caleb’s girlfriend...It’s good to see he finally found someone to settle down with in the future.” he said. I saw Bella’s eyes widen in surprise as she turned bright red, she opened her mouth to say something but no words came out. She just looked at me for help. I chuckled softly, not sure what to say to that either.

Layla was the first to comment on that “Dad...seriously?” she said shaking her head “They’re not dating…….so don’t pry.” she told him

“Oh.” Michael said “From what you told us about them on the phone...I assumed...alright...embarrassing moment over.” he chuckled as he took Lily’s bag from me.

Bella tried to recover from that, but her cheeks were still fuming pink.

2) Bella's P.O.V:

I giggled as Layla pulled me outside of the Cabin and into the fresh air. I slipped off my shoes since we walked along the sand, holding my shoes in my hands as my feet waded through the water.

Layla was doing the same and she smiled softly “So...what’s going on with you and Caleb?” she asked nudging me and playfully wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I looked at her and tried not to blush more “What makes you think something’s going on?”

Layla giggled “Oh please...I see the smiles you two give each other...or the way you blush around him. It’s obvious you like him….” she said smiling at me, with a knowing smile. I bit my lip slightly, trying to suppress the blush coming to my cheeks, but failed epically. God, today I was blushing like crazy at almost anything.

“Don’t worry, it’s a good thing.” Layla told me smiling “I’ve never seen him like this around any other girl before.”

“You haven’t?” I asked, I couldn’t help but sound surprised. Caleb was attractive and I was sure, there would be girls lined up at his doorstep. But I guess I was wrong.

Layla looked at me as walked along the beach shore “Girls have been after him-that’s for sure. But they are nothing like you. They’re all fake, make up and lies...you know what I mean. That’s not the type of thing that gets Caleb interested in girls...you on the other hand.” she said with a soft smile “Honesty, natural beauty, good heart. You stuck up for him, when the others wouldn’t have or were too scared to approach him because of his reputation as Fireboy.”

I looked down at the golden sand, biting my lip. I felt bad for Caleb, I knew he never had it easy. But for people to be scared of him, was not the best either. “He’s not a bad person.” I said looking up again.

“I know.” Layla said wrapping her arm around my shoulders softly. “I know he’s not.” she told me giving me a reassuring smile “You two seem to click...on a level beyond that the boys or me can reach.” she informed me. I guess I knew what she was talking about...the connection we shared, we now growing stronger. We had a foundation built in the present and now being here in the past, that was growing and flourishing into something more beautiful.

“There’s just something about him.” I said with a soft smile “I can’t explain it...he’s mysterious...yet charming and sweet. Not the side that many people know...he’s misunderstood by many people. Honestly, I don’t blame him for being the way he used to be...he had his reasons.” I spoke softly, Layla was smiling softly as she heard me speak about one of her close friends.

“I like how I feel around him.” I admitted, my cheeks turning a rosey color. “No one beside Caleb brought out that flutter deep inside of my stomach like he does. “ I told Layla, the ocean water was wrapping around my feet as we walked through it. My arm slightly swinging, as I was holding my shoes. “I like him...I really do.” I breathed out softly, before I could carry on I heard a soft snap. It sounded like someone had stepped on a piece of weed that was on the sand.

I turned my head around to see Caleb standing there.

This is good :) 

I would have posted up the full chapters by now, but I am still missing the chapter headers, so that might take a while

Can't wait for the full length chapters 9 and 10!

I'll try and post them soon :)

When we got back to the Danvers estate, I noticed that Jason and Bella’s sister were already there. It looked like he managed to get some food into Lily-the poor child must have been scared, her blonde hair was a mess and dirty from the fire smoke and dust. I looked over at Bella who seemed to be holding back tears.

I noticed a large slap mark on her cheek and I frowned slightly. I wondered what hell she and her sister had to endure with their parents. But I could tell, Bella was trying to be strong, for her little sister. I looked down into her eyes as I touched her cheek softly, I felt her lean into my touch as a tear slid down her cheek. “Bella..” I whispered softly.

“I...I am sorry.” she choked back a sob as she looked down at the floor.

I wrapped my arms around her gently pulling her into a hug, as I squeezed her softly “You have nothing to be sorry for.” I told her as I rested my chin on top of her head softly. “I won’t let you or your sister get hurt...I promise.” I told her. I had no idea how I was to achieve that goal at the moment, I would just have to do so without using my powers. Or I’d be toast...I was not going to be defeated nonetheless.

Steven sighed softly with Layla, who walked over and rubbed Bella’s back soothingly “You’re not alone..” she told her softly “You have us and that won’t change.” she said, as she joined in the hug, trying to help comfort Bella.

“Layla and Caleb are right.” Steven added after a while as he walked over.  He looked over at the kitchen where Lily was still eating and Jason walked over as well. “We’ll protect you.” Steven said, at the same time those exact words were spoken by Jason.

“I...I don’t know how to thank you enough.” Bella let out a soft mumble as she looked up. Her eyes were shining from tears and slightly red and puffy. I wiped away the tears softly as I pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead.

“There’s no need.” I reassured her with a small smile. I rubbed her arm gently, keeping her close to me.

Jason looked over at her with a soft smile “There’s still some food left...you should eat something.” he told her and Bella just nodded a bit. We walked into the kitchen, while Layla and Steven went off to do something-I assumed they went to find something for Bella and her sister to wear and prepare them a warm bed.

As soon as Bella set foot into the kitchen, her little sister sprang up from her chair slamming into Bella with a sob. “Why did mommy and daddy have to die?” she weeped. I felt my own heart clench in sadness for them both.

“Life is not fair at times.” Bella said holding back her own tears-they were sparkling like two bright diamonds in her eyes. “I’ll take care of you..I promise.” she said placing a kiss to Lily’s head. I saw a tear slide down in her cheek as she gulped back more tears from escaping her eyes. Lily almost melted into Bella’s touch. I watched them with sadness in my eyes. I knew it must have been hard on them-Lily was so young and she only had Bella now. I sighed and I went over and wrapped my arms around them both softly, mostly around Bella since Lily was so small and my arms didn’t watch to reach to low across Bella’s tender, slim body-I didn’t want to make her uncomfortable.

“I’ll keep you safe...we all will.” I spoke softly, pressing a soft kiss to Bella’s head. My face buried against her brown hair softly, her scent was enough to send me spiraling into a soft and tender abyss of happy thoughts...yet my heart and soul were still reaching out to Bella and her little sister. I feared for their lives, and how they would cope with the death of their parents. I didn’t cope well with mine...I still struggled sometimes and the mention of either of them sent me into a rage. It made me feel weak to an extent and that was not something I liked. I was far from weak...weak was not even in my list of vocabulary used to describe me. Stubborn..hot headed...Bad Boy...maybe deadly at times. To some girls I was charming and a catch. But I only had my eyes on one girl. The beautiful brunette in my arms.

“I trust you.” Bella whispered softly along with Lily-Lily’s voice sounded more a like croak then a whisper. I released them both softly and let Bella sit down at the table.

Jason had set a plate down for her in the mean time full of food and something to drink. I sat down beside Bella and saw her twirling her food around for a while, staring into her plate. It seemed like she wasn’t hungry...but I heard her stomach growling like a wild cat. She was hungry...her emotions were just overpowering...her grief and sadness caused her to be like this. I didn’t blame her. I just wished there was something, we could do to help her...make her feel better. All of a sudden, I was not sure if our usual weekend trip was such a good idea. Maybe it was too early...because of what happened today. And I was sure Bella wouldn’t like the idea of leaving her little sister behind.

After a moment or two-or maybe even longer than 30 minutes Bella started to eat. I was surprised at how much she could get down into her system. She was slim and petite yet she seemed like she eat a mountain of food and not grow in size.

When she finished, She and Lily went upstairs to take a shower or a bath and get dressed into freshly clean and warm clothes.

The Present:

“Would you stop!” Steven groaned as his eyes rolled into the back of his head. I had been pacing up and down the entire living room for the last 5 hours without a break. It was starting to agitate Steven, but I couldn’t suppress my worry and stress. “You need to relax a bit...calm down.”

“I am sorry what?!” I asked stopping my tracks looking at my best friend “How in the heck are I am supposed to relax and calm down?! Bella’s been gone for 5 months now...and she’s got hurt twice already! That doesn’t make me very calm or relaxed at all.” I said, maybe sending her into the past was not such a good idea. I know she was determined to change it, but I feared for her life. She almost died in a house fire again...she lost her parents again and was more distraught than ever. I almost lost her too...all because her parents didn’t approve of me. But to be fair...I wouldn’t have approved of the younger me too. But it still hurt and caused me to feel uneasy. Every memory that my past self acquired with this change of events, was evading mine and Steven’s minds.

“And who helped her out the first time? You did…” Steven started to speak “Who saved her the second time before she ended up as shreds?..You did! Who is falling for her all over again?...You are. Who is making you into a better person? Bella is. Who has a special connection with you again? Bella does...the list goes on and on, I could sit here all day and point out all the things we all know.” He pointed out. I was about to open my mouth and argue, but closed my mouth again as I knew what a valid point he just made. Even though her fate was not good to start of with...it was worth it, if the past was to be changed and the future saved. But it didn’t make me worry any less, I hated how the time moved so slowly over there compared to her. At this rate...we’d be waiting for her for years.

“I know you worry for her...so do I.” Steven said as if he had read my mind. He squeezed my shoulder as he stood up and walked over to me. His gesture was reassuring and I smiled a bit.

All of a sudden there seemed to be a change of air in the atmosphere around us. It seemed to be more breeze and colder as if a ghost had entered the room or something. I could literally see it spinning in spirals and soon saw a figure forming from it. Me and Steven watched bewildered we were not sure what or who to expect...Jason or Layla maybe? Maybe even Bella?-But if she came back then her mission would not be complete.

Soon the air settled down and I blinked surprised to see a little girl around 11 years old standing there. Her hair light blonde almost bright as the sun...her blue eyes were wide with shock and surprise. It took me a moment to realize that our actions in the past had saved Lily….her future was changed. Without it even being part of Bella’s mission...but that was an upside, as Bella had family again.

“Where’s Bella?” Lily uttered after a few moments, as she looked around “I just saw her a moment ago.” she looked so innocent and confused. I was not sure if she was referring to the day she died or the past...them being at the dinner table at the Danver’s estate. She might have been talking about either-and had no recollection of her death. It was surprising that her memories carried on as if nothing ever happened.

Me and Steven were totally speechless, it was like we lost all will to even find our voices, from our surprise. This change of residence in the mansion would be interesting for us both. But as I promised in the past-I’d look after Lily. Me and Steven both would, we owed it to Bella to keep her baby sister safe, after all what kind of friends and promise keepers would we be if we let Lily lose her life for the second time?

The Past:

It was around an hour later, when I saw Bella again. Her hair was damp and she had on a t-shirt with long sleeves and some long legged pants. I could hear gentle snoring coming from the guest bedroom-where Lily was asleep. She was knocked out as light..her breathing was slightly uneven as it sounded she was crying in her sleep a bit. Her body gently curled up into the duvet-I didn’t need to see her to know what she was doing.

Bella seemed to be distant-her vision was far away. I was not sure if she’d break down or pass out. She could barely move an inch from the bathroom door. I walked over to her softly and softly wrapped my arms around her fragile body scooping her up, holding her against my chest as I carried her downstairs to sit by the fire place.

Layla looked over at Bella worried...she was holding a cup of hot chocolate in her hand. I had a feeling it was for herself, but she walked over to us handing the cup to Bella “Drink up...might make you feel a bit better.” she said giving her a kind delicate smile.

Bella looked up at Layla holding the cup bit shakily “Um...thanks.” she muttered before taking a sip. I sat down by her on the blanket by the fire place.

“Maybe we shouldn’t go away tomorrow for the weekend.” I said

“Maybe she needs to get away.” Jason said “Change of scenery might do her good.” he argued. I sighed...God why did Jason always have to push my buttons with his arguments. I held my breath not bothering to argue with him.

“What about her little sister?” Steven asked giving Jason a look-that said you idiot she has a little sister. This isn’t just about her now.

“Maybe she could come.” Jason suggested and his eyes landed on Bella waiting for her to speak at the suggestion.

Bella swallowed a gulp of the warm liquid before speaking “I am not sure Lily would be up to it. She was never one for long trips…” she sighed softly.

“She could stay at my parents house.” Layla told Bella “I am sure they’d be more than happy to look after her. Plus she’ll be safe with them.” she told her. I knew that was very true because her mother was a very powerful witch and many other creatures feared her and her powers, whilst Layla’s father was a superhero, kind of like Superman, Batman and all those other comic book characters. Therefore the Williams’ household would be a good place for Lily to stay in our absence. No danger would lurk about...as they would not get inside the property as it was strongly protected.

Bella nodded after a bit “I...that sounds good.” she said smiling a bit-it was not her usual warm smile. It was sad heartbroken and conflicted one. “It might me do some good to get out of town for a few days.” She tried to give us all a convincing smile that she was up for it. I knew she was, as she was excited earlier but she was hurting now...so her happiness about the trip was not so clear.

But I knew where she was coming from-I was there. When my mother killed herself, I ran off myself. The change of scenery did me some good, but I was still bitter. That’s until Bella came into my life.

“Alright...we leave tomorrow morning.” Layla told her “School's out so we will have an extended trip...from Friday till Tuesday.” She informed her with a soft smile. The car journey would take 5 hours at least so we’d get there in the late afternoon. But who knows, anything could happen in the few days we would spend there. I certainly hoped, it might cheer Bella up slightly and ease her mind from the pain and grief she was going through. But I also worried, that separating Bella and Lily might cause some damage.

“Are you sure?” Steven asked “We can always post-pone the trip for a while.” he told her. It was like he read my mind and allowed my own thoughts to be heard but through his own words. “We won’t mind promise.” he said giving her a soft smile.

Bella was silent for a moment before she bit down her lip “I don’t want to ruin it for you all.” she finally said “It’s your usual…”

I cut her off softly “It won’t be ruined Bells, you and Lily need some time to recover. It’ll be okay...one week or two weeks won’t make a difference to our usual spot and holiday. What’s important that you’ll enjoy it too.” I told her as I touched her hair softly my thumb caressing it gently.

“Caleb’s right.” Layla added after a while with a soft smile. “We can always make our tradition a little different. We’re flexible when it comes to trips Bells...we want you to enjoy it aswell and not feel like you have to go just because you agreed already.” she said as she gave her a warm and reassuring smile. Layla was right...this wasn’t about us anything or the trip. This was about Bella and her sister.

Bella was looking at us in silence as she leaned her hand against the side of her face, she seemed to be deep in thought. I wondered what thoughts were swimming through her mind. She slightly shifted in her position as she was silent for a few moments, before looking at us once again “Okay.” she breathed out after a moment. She didn’t sound upset or anything, she knew we were only thinking about her and her sister. So she accepted that.

I looked into her eyes with a soft expression “It’s late...you should get some sleep.” I told her softly. It was almost close to Midnight. Bella looked tired and almost washed down. She nodded a bit, before pressing a soft kiss to my cheek before saying goodnight and she ascended up the stairs to go to sleep. I bit down my lip slightly as I watched her leave.

Bella’s P.O.V:

I got to the guest bedroom where I saw Lily tossing and turning on her bed. She looked like she was having a nightmare. I slowly walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her once her tossing calmed down slightly...my arms slowly wrapped around her and I closed my eyes. Fear slowly overtook me.

I closed my eyes tightly trying to get rid of the fear and the terrified feeling that twisted my stomach inside out. The second time round seemed to be more painful than the first-I lost my parents again...almost lost my sister again. God why was life so messed up? Yeah I knew I sometimes didn’t get on with my parents...but It hurt and deeply. I didn’t want to end things with them like that. I barely slept a wink until 4 in the morning. I felt my thoughts drifting all over the place. I was worried for my little sister more than anything else. I looked down at her before falling asleep...her blonde hair was a mess and she was curled up into my side.

Once I fell asleep...I found myself sleeping till lunchtime. Lily was still asleep as well. I Didn’t blame her, it felt like we both needed a good night sleep. Especially after last nights events.

Over the next week or so, Lily was the most silent, she barely spoke to anyone apart from me or Layla. I was not sure if she didn’t feel us comfortable around the lads...or she just didn’t want to bother them. Jason tried to help out with Lily when he could, she sometimes opened up to him a little bit, but not to much.

Whilst, I feel comfortable around the lads-but that’s of course, I knew them a lot more than anyone realized. Only I knew the truth. Mostly around Caleb, it felt like this had brought us even closer together than before. I was not sure how to explain the feelings that were rushing through me as the week passed, my thoughts and feelings were mixed. I did my best to try to hold myself up for Lily and not break down, It felt like I could not grief any longer, I already did but I was grieving all over again. Maybe less on the outside, but a lot more on the inside. Sometimes, keeping up pretences was just strange for me. I sometimes wondered if they suspected anything..I hoped not, or they’d have so many questions I could not give the answers to, or the past would be ruined...the future would not happen...the present would be doomed too.

I closed my eyes trying to brush any confusing and worrying thoughts from the back of my head...if only I could magically erase them, that would help. Caleb’s voice snapped me back to reality: “Are you okay Bells?” he asked, the way he called me Bells, caused my heart to skip few beats. His brown eyes were warm and kind. I couldn’t help but smile at him, even his presence made me smile and made me happy. There was just something about him, that made me feel like the rest of the world disappeared and it was just us two. I didn’t even realize how close he was standing to me, until Jason coughed making me jump.

“Have you packed yet?” he asked raising an eyebrow with a cheeky smile as usual. I nodded “Yeah...I still got a few things, but other than that. I am  pretty much finished.” I told him. Jason nodded with the same cheeky smile before he left the room once again….I could hear his feet pounding as he ran up the stairs to finish packing.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Caleb asked me softly once again, as I didn’t have a chance to answer the first time. His brown eyes were soft “You seem a little bit jumpy.” he informed me, cautiously

I nodded a bit at him “Yeah...I am fine.” I told him, trying to sound confident in my answer. But maybe I was just reassuring myself more than anyone else that I was fine. “I should go and finish packing.” I told him softly, before I walked up the stairs and into the guest room me and Lily shared. Her bag was fully packed, mine was still open and I still had a few things to put in there. Like like that the lads lent me Jason’s sisters clothes and also Layla gave me some of her old clothes which she didn’t wear anymore. I had no idea where they got clothes for Lily...must have used magic to form them. That was the best solution to that question. There could not be another explanation for the little clothes for Lily. At least, I hoped there was not some shocking secret one of them was hiding from me.

As I placed the last t-shirt into the bag, I heard Jason and Lily talking. I was not eavesdropping, since the door was wide open and they were in plain view, both sitting on the top of the stairs-their backs facing the door of the room I was standing in. Even if the door would be closed, I was somewhat sure, I’d be able to hear their conversation, due to the fact I was now longer a mere mortal, therefore my hearing like my others senses were somewhat enhanced:

“Why do people die?” Lily questioned. I knew who she was referring to, not people in general, but our parents. But I didn’t have the heart to tell her, that our parents were murdered, and I had a feeling, Jason didn’t have those intentions either.

His answer made that clear: “It’s a natural cycle of life. People are granted with the gift of life...but sometimes that’s stripped away and they die. Sometimes by natural causes...sometimes their death can be a mystery. Some die old...some young, it’s not really fair, but there’s not much we can do to change that.” he explained.

He paused for a mere few seconds before he carried on “But they will always live on in your heart and memory. They’re never really gone...they watch over you, when you’re asleep and even when you’re awake...you just don’t know they are there...as they can’t be seen. But sometimes, they can make themselves seen. Only sometimes.” he told her in a gentle voice.

“So they love us? from the beyond?” Lily asked. I saw her look up at Jason, yet neither of them registered that I have seen and heard them yet. I closed my eyes as I listened to them carry on talking.

“Yes. They do.” I didn’t need to see him nod or smile,to know it was exactly what he was doing. I knew him too well by now. Therefore, I could easily guess what he might do or say in situation like this-not that I imagined situations like this in my head.

Lily was silent for a moment, I could hear her teeth graze slightly against her bottom lip. Even the tiniest and subtlest of sounds were loud in my ears. “How do you know?” she questioned softly.

Jason chuckled softly with a soft smile-not because he was amused, but because he most likely found her question adorable. The way she questioned every single thing, searching for answers was sweet and adorable by a big standard. “I just know dear...it’s a secret.” he told her with a soft smile.

“A secret that is only shared amongst a few of us.” he added. I had a feeling he was referring to the fact that us supernaturals shared similar traits and powers-e.g. seeing and communicating with the dead. Something which Lily was not old enough to grasp and understand yet. Troubling her young mind with such things was not a good idea, even though she knew I was different, she didn’t know the full extent of what I could do now and what I could be capable of doing so in the future.

Caleb’s P.O.V:

The next day, Everyone was up rather early. Since we wanted to get to the cabin in the afternoon to spend some time outside and what not. Whilst everyone was outside by the car, I made sure we had what we needed and that nothing was left behind. When I walked outside with the last bag, I saw Bella sitting down on the bench with Lily.

Bella’s hair seemed to be slightly longer, It seemed like her hair had a sudden growth spurt over the last week, or either Layla helped style Bella’s hair so it looked like it was bit longer.Even though few of her hair strands were swepped back over her head, it suited her.

I tried not to stare, I blinked as Bella looked at me with a soft smile “Do you need some help, Caleb?” she asked me softly, as she  almost gracefully stood up walking over towards the car where I was standing.

I smiled softly at the way she said my name, God it always made my heart skip a beat. “If you could get the car trunk open...that’d be great.” I chuckled, shifting the suitcase in my hands so it didn’t fall. Bella just nodded as she set her hand on the car trunk pressing the bottom and lifted the trunk upwards opening it, in one swift powerful motion-thank God she didn’t pull off the trunk door it self,since she put some force behind it. I didn’t blame her though, the trunk door sometimes got jammed. I set down the suitcase with the other bags before setting the hand on top of the trunk door, slamming it shut. In the process, my hand brushing against Bella’s who was removing her hand from keeping it open while I was putting the bag in there.

I saw her cheeks turn slightly rogue and I bit my lip slightly looking into her eyes. But Jason snapped us both back to reality “Ahem!” he coughed rather loudly to get our attention “Who's driving?” he chirped as he was climbing into the back of the car.

“I’ll drive.” I said and Steven tossed me the car keys and I caught them, without even having to see in what direction they were flying through the air. I then got into the drivers seat, while Bella sat in the passengers at the front after she locked the front door to the house.

Lily, Steven and Layla all squeezed together at the back. Since Lily was little and slim, they had no issue all being in the back with Jason.

“Where are we going?” Lily asked curious as I started the car pulling out of the driveway and onto the dirt road in the woods that goes to the highway.

Bella turned in her seat, looking over at Lily “To Layla’s parents.” she told her smiling warmly “They’re going to look after you for a while sweetie.” she explained. In the car mirror I saw Lily nodding, with a small nervous smile on her lips.

“They’ll love you...don’t worry.” Layla reassured Lily smiling.

Bella just smiled softly, shaking her head to herself, more than at any one else. I chuckled softly, once the car was on the dirt road, the journey to Layla’s parents house was rather fast...10 maybe 15 minutes tops. Barely any cars took the dirt roads in the woods so it was pretty fast and easy way to get there, as we didn’t get held back by a lot of traffic. The highway was completely empty so the speed was easy to pick up.

We came to a long winding road, in a neighborhood-not many houses were around and if there were houses there. They were more like mansions and private properties and what not..I stopped the car outside a white victorian-era house.

Bella looked surprised “Your parents live here?” she asked Layla, who nodded giggling as we all got out of the car. I went and grabbed Lily’s bag from the car trunk, while Layla knocked on the wooden door.

Lily stood beside Bella, leaning against her while I walked over to them as well. Jason and Steven were both leaning against the car. A woman resembling Layla answered the door-Her mother. She smiled softly seeing us all “You must be our little guest for a few days.” she said looking down at Lily

“Lily.” she whispered hiding behind Bella slightly. Bella smiled softly down at Lily giving her a light squeeze before she looked at Layla’s mother and speaking:

“Thank you for agreeing to look after her...It means a lot.” she told Layla’s mother, Jenna.

Jenna smiled warmly at Bella “You don’t need to thank me dear...we’re happy to do it.” she told me. We then all heard footsteps as a tall man walked over to the door, Jenna’s husband Michael and Layla’s father.

“Ahh we got guests.” he said smiling softly and his eyes landed on Bella “You must be Caleb’s girlfriend...It’s good to see he finally found someone to settle down with in the future.” he said. I saw Bella’s eyes widen in surprise as she turned bright red, she opened her mouth to say something but no words came out. She just looked at me for help. I chuckled softly, not sure what to say to that either.

Layla was the first to comment on that “Dad...seriously?” she said shaking her head “They’re not dating…….so don’t pry.” she told him

“Oh.” Michael said “From what you told us about them on the phone...I assumed...alright...embarrassing moment over.” he chuckled as he took Lily’s bag from me.

Bella tried to recover from that, but her cheeks were still fuming pink. She looked down at Lily “Be good. We’ll call to check up on you okay?”she said and she smiled kissing her forehead softly.

Lily nodded as she hugged Bella tightly “Have fun.” she whispered softly before she looked up at me “Please look after her.” she told me.

I looked down at her with a gentle smile “I promise.” I didn’t intend on Bella getting hurt during the trip or at least I could hope that would not happen. Lily said goodbye to Layla, Jason and Steven as well before Michael took her inside after hugging Layla softly.

Jenna smiled softly “Have a safe trip and have fun.” she said smiling at us all. She always was a kind woman. I nodded as I gave her a soft hug before getting into the car once again.

Bella got into the passenger's seat buckling in, whilst Steven, Layla and Jason once again on in the back. I rolled down the hood of the car since it was warm outside and the car would be boiling.

I then started the car once again and drove off back to the empty highway, to carry on with our trip. I noticed the blush was slowly leaving Bella’s cheeks and before smiling over at her softly. She must have been really flustered by that comment made by Layla’s father. It made me wonder if she had feelings for me and if so-what they were.

I saw Steven give me a secret wink in the mirror and I chuckled to myself. I carried on driving and after a while Layla asked “So do you boys got a date for homecoming?” she asked, I knew she was referring to me and Jason, since she and Steven would be going together.

“When have I had a chance to ask a girl out?” Jason asked raising an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes at his comment slightly. Me on the other hand, I had someone in mind to take to Homecoming...that’s if she’d agree to go with me that is.

Layla’s gaze turned to me with a curious expression.

“I have someone in mind already.” I told her smiling softly. I saw Bella look at me-I was not sure if she looked shocked, curious or maybe a little bit jealous as her expression was a tad bit hard to read.

“Who is she?” she asked softly, keeping her voice neutral.It sounded like she was trying to supress some emotion deep down inside of her.

I looked at her raising an eyebrow “Jealous are you?” I teased with a soft chuckle.

“No! Of course not.” she retorted away slightly taking in the scenery around us as I drove. “Just curious.” she continued after a few moments.

“You’ll find out soon enough.” I told her with a mysterious smile on my lips. I noticed Jason squinting his eyebrows slightly-he didn’t seem to happy about what I’ve just said. Well the next four days will be very interesting...that’s for sure. Steven nudged Jason giving him a look-Stop it Jas!

Jason’s expression softened once again and he leaned against his seat looking out of the window.

I drove on for about 2 or 3 hours before we came to a second stop. I parked the car near a petrol station to fill up the tank and so we could get something to eat and buy some food for the cabin. We took some left overs from home, but there were still a few things that we needed. Whilst I was filling up the tank with petrol, Jason and Steven went to buy us something for the road to eat and some coffees or whatever was available, while Bella and Layla strolled over to the little shop that was opposite the petrol station.

I watched Bella go with Layla and I smiled to myself, leaning against the car as I saw Jason and Steven returning before the girls. Steven was holding cups of coffee in his hand, well more like a coffee holder. Whilst Jason was holding multiple bags, I could smell burgers and chips.

“You seriously need to stop Jason.” Steven told him “You’re mature enough to know when to stop.” he told him shaking his head. “Plus we all know you’re only interested in Bells, because Caleb is.” he told him.

I raised an eyebrow at Jason who looked guilty as charged. He always seemed to go after the girls I liked. “And maybe you should take a hint.” Steve carried on “If you paid attention, you’d know that Bella is interested in Caleb and not you.” he told him

“Who should pay attention?” my attention snapped over to Bella who spoke. She and Layla were walking over, with bags in their hands.

Think fast, I told myself “Umm Jason...he walked into the lamppost.” I said, thank God there was a lamppost right where Jason was standing.

“He walked into a lamppost?” Bella asked shaking her head “Gosh...you are a klutz.” she told Jason as she and Layla set the bags in the car trunk once I opened it up for them. Jason just grumbled something under his brother non of us managed to catch. Whilst they were being rather cautious so nothing would fall out and cause a mess inside, because of our bags and what not.

Steven then handed everyone a coffee, throwing away the coffee holder into the bin. Layla leaned against him as he wrapped one arm around her sipping his coffee.

As I was about to take a sip of my coffee, I noticed Bella was going to lean against something-not sure what she was going to lean against/or who to be more precise, but it looked like her own legs got tangled up as she toppled over falling, her coffee almost spilling.

But my reflexes were fast, as I sat my coffee down on the picnic table near by, my arms wrapped around Bella in almost that same instant.

“Are you okay?” Me and Layla asked her at the same time.

My arms were still around her as I gently pulled her up so she was standing upright on her two own feet. “Yeah...just lost my balance for a bit.” Bella told us as she bit her lip, looking up at me. Her cheeks slightly flushed.

I slowly released my grip on her but stood close by to make sure she was okay and wouldn’t topple over any time soon. “As long as you’re okay.” I told her softly with a smile, looking down into her eyes. She nodded softly as she smiled up at me, before she sat at the picnic table.

I sat down beside her and took a sip of my coffee. Layla and Steven joined us with Jason and we all tucked into the burgers and fries since we were pretty much hungry.

Bella tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear as she ate. I couldn’t help but look over at her from time to time, just to gather every little detail about her in-I must have done this a thousand times already, but yet I never failed to find more aspects about her that I’ve grown to like.

I reached into the bag for more fries, whilst still admiring her, but my hand caught onto something else. I looked down to see that my hand lifted up Bella’s hand from the bag-she had fries in her hand.

Her gaze shifted to mine as she blushed.”Fry?” she asked holding up her hand, whilst my hand still was gripping her wrist softly.

“Umm sure.” I said smiling..mentally slapping and kicking myself for saying that, instead of doing something else. I took the fry softly once I released her wrist softly and ate the fry. Jason watched us with raised eyebrows, whilst Steven and Layla couldn’t stop beaming as if I had kissed Bella or something, to that equivalence.

Once we finished eating, we threw the rubbish into the rubbish bin, before getting back into the car. I drove once again, the rest of the journey went rather smoothly since there were a few cars on the road at this time of the day. We soon started to drive through the woods once again, the road running along the top of cliffs, that was overlooking the ocean. Bella seemed to be the most in shock, she must have never seen anything so awe inspiring, so tranquil and beautiful in the nature before. As she poked her head out of the car slightly, the wind caused her hair to fly about slightly. I couldn’t help but smile to myself.

I heard Layla giggling in the back seat, Maybe the same thoughts were running through her mind as mine. It took about an hour to get down the cliffs, as the road was a winding one going downhill. I was actually surprised, it took us less time to get here than any other time. Maybe it was because the traffic was so easy going today.

I parked the car in the usual parking space, which was in the woods, a few minutes walk away from where the Cabins were. Of course, there were more than one around here. Only the one that we went to belonged to my family since my parents bought it when I was a little boy. Other than that, they were just for renting. If people had money to buy one, then that was a different story.

Once we got outside, we all breathed in the fresh air fully, while I opened the car trunk so we could get our bags and other things. It would require two trips because of the food. We first just got our bags before making our way through the little pathway in the woods and we soon stepped onto the sandy sunny beach.

The ocean was pure blue and beautiful. Bella gasped out in shock….she must have not been expecting such a beautiful sight. “Wow.” she breathed out as she looked around in every direction possible taking it all in.

“I gather you like it here, then?” Layla asked smiling softly over at Bella, as we got to the cabin on top of the little hill above the others. I leaned down and took the key from under the secret hiding place under a large boulder. Once I got the key, I opened the door to the cabin.

“I do...it’s so beautiful here.” Bella replied with a excited smile. I smiled back softly-I was glad to see she was happy again, even if for a little while.

I wanted to say something along the lines of: Not as beautiful as you. But instead my lips failed me once again and I just replied: “It really is...wait till you see the waterfalls.”

“Oh...good Idea.” Layla giggled “I am taking her there right now...see you lads later.” she said grabbing Bella by the wrist causing her to drop her bag and stumble through the cabin back outside.

“Hey!” I called out “You’re not going to help us unpack?”

“Bye!” Layla retorted cheekily as Bella just shrugged me at me confused with a giggle. Layla just waved me off, in a let’s unpack later kind of manner. I shook my head chuckling. Girls!

Steven chuckled patting my back “Girly time mate...we’ll join them later.”

I shook my head chuckling “Mhh sounds tempting...to go and listen to what’s going on.”

“Nosey.” Steven chuckled nudging me “So...when you’re going to make a move?” he asked raising an eyebrow at me. I knew what he was talking about...but it slipped from my mind for a moment he could read me like a open book.

I looked at him “Honestly...I don’t know mate. It’s like each time, I want to say something and say how I feel...something else comes out.” I told him.

Jason was leaning against the couch casually, I was not sure what was running through his mind. “Maybe you should just kiss her and find out where that takes you.” Steven suggested “Might be a worth a shot...if you’re so nervous about saying something.”

Bella’s P.O.V:

I giggled as Layla pulled me outside of the Cabin and into the fresh air. I slipped off my shoes since we walked along the sand, holding my shoes in my hands as my feet waded through the water.

Layla was doing the same and she smiled softly “So...what’s going on with you and Caleb?” she asked nudging me and playfully wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I looked at her and tried not to blush more “What makes you think something’s going on?”

Layla giggled “Oh please...I see the smiles you two give each other...or the way you blush around him. It’s obvious you like him….” she said smiling at me, with a knowing smile. I bit my lip slightly, trying to suppress the blush coming to my cheeks, but failed epically. God, today I was blushing like crazy at almost anything.

“Don’t worry, it’s a good thing.” Layla told me smiling “I’ve never seen him like this around any other girl before.”

“You haven’t?” I asked, I couldn’t help but sound surprised. Caleb was attractive and I was sure, there would be girls lined up at his doorstep. But I guess I was wrong.

Layla looked at me as walked along the beach shore “Girls have been after him-that’s for sure. But they are nothing like you. They’re all fake, make up and lies...you know what I mean. That’s not the type of thing that gets Caleb interested in girls...you on the other hand.” she said with a soft smile “Honesty, natural beauty, good heart. You stuck up for him, when the others wouldn’t have or were too scared to approach him because of his reputation as Fireboy.”

I looked down at the golden sand, biting my lip. I felt bad for Caleb, I knew he never had it easy. But for people to be scared of him, was not the best either. “He’s not a bad person.” I said looking up again.

“I know.” Layla said wrapping her arm around my shoulders softly. “I know he’s not.” she told me giving me a reassuring smile “You two seem to click...on a level beyond that the boys or me can reach.” she informed me. I guess I knew what she was talking about...the connection we shared, was now growing stronger. We had a foundation built in the present and now being here in the past, that was growing and flourishing into something more beautiful.

“There’s just something about him.” I said with a soft smile “I can’t explain it...he’s mysterious...yet charming and sweet. Not the side that many people know...he’s misunderstood by many people. Honestly, I don’t blame him for being the way he used to be...he had his reasons.” I spoke softly, Layla was smiling softly as she heard me speak about one of her close friends.

“I like how I feel around him.” I admitted, my cheeks turning a rosey color. “No one beside Caleb brought out that flutter deep inside of my stomach like he does. “ I told Layla, the ocean water was wrapping around my feet as we walked through it. My arm slightly swinging, as I was holding my shoes. “I like him...I really do.” I breathed out softly, before I could carry on I heard a soft snap. It sounded like someone had stepped on a piece of weed that was on the sand.

I turned my head around to see Caleb standing there.

This is getting more interesting :)

I am glad you think so :)

Bella is lucky to have the group to support her in these difficult times.  Her relationship with Caleb is also progressing nicely.  I wonder what is happening with her sister?

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service