The Twilight Saga

chapter 1 (Gabby POV)
I sat in the backseat of the car with my window rolled down, letting the slight wind caress my cheeks. We're driving to Aunt Viv's beach house to visit for Spring Break and the traffic along the beach it currently bumper to bumper. I sighed and pulled my headphones on, turning the music up full blast. I watched as people run around the beach or simply sit there, I noticed a small dog being followed by a herd of small children. It seemed very proud of itself. The sun was beating down through the window so I shed my jacket and it felt wonderful. I looked like the adopted child here because the rest of my family was so pale, it was a bit eerie. My parents never went outside when it was sunny, and they always home home right after dinner.

I got bored after watching for a few minutes and pulled my notebook from my bag. I wrote poems or stories in here and I wanted to go over some things I've written. One story was about a girl who was kidnapped and found herself in a dark room. The people there brought more and more prisoners and they were all eventually killed, but not her. One day when they were beating her there was a loud crack and she screamed and writhed in agony. Apparently they broke one of her ribs. The man sent in his younger assistant to fix her bones before anything else could be hurt. The young man walked into the cell and instantly fell in love with the girl, he helped her to escape and they ran. They ran until they couldn't run anymore and were caught. The cruel people didn't kill them, right away. They tortured them endlessly.

"Gabby? Gabby!!"my mom yelled though it was muffled through my headphones.

"What?" I turned down my headphones.

"We're almost there maybe about another hour." she smiled.

"Yay." I said sarcastically and turned the music back up. I stared out the window for almost an eternity when I noticed a guy walking down the street. He was tall, dark hair, light eyes, very tan, no shirt, and 17 so about my age. He looked around at people and chuckled to himself at the traffic. He turned to me and stopped dead in his tracks. He stared at me like someone had just seen God, basically. I pulled out my mirror and checked for any flaws. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary and when I looked up he was sitting on a nearby bench. I was very curious as to what this guy wanted.

"Mom can I go hang at the beach?" I asked.

"Sure, you know where the house is right?" she replied.

"Yup." I got out of the car, grabbing my bag. I walked towards the guy who suddenly got up, smiling, and started walking.

"Hey." he said.

"Hi, um, why were you staring at me?" I asked.

"Does that mean anymore than you were staring back at me?" he grinned.

"So you were staring?" I demanded.

"Maybe."

"Why?" I questioned.

"Am I not allowed to marvel at a pretty, no scratch that, beautiful girl?" he asked.

"No, I'm just wonderin- wait. You think I'm beautiful?" I felt the blood rush into my cheeks, no doubt they were a bright crimson.

"Yeah." he nodded.

"But you don't even know me." I protested.

"Then how about I get to know you? What's your name?" he sat on a log and patted the spot beside him.

"Gabby." I sat down.

"Gabby, I'm Seth." he stuck out a hand. "Now while I explain this to you keep in mind that none of this is normal at all." he started. "Now my family is part of the Quiluete tribe and we supposedly came from wolves. So now the gene can be passed through generations and now I have the gene. Do you think I'm crazy yet?" he paused for a response. I processed this information carefully. So this guy is part wolf?

"Wait so you're part wolf?" I repeated aloud.

"Well kinda. I can change into one, but not like during a full moon. I can sorta choose when." he explained.

"OK, go on." I nodded.

"And when a wolf meets his 'soul mate' he imprints on her. Imprinting is like when all your ties holding you to everything are suddenly cut and reattached to her. One way to describe it is a much more powerful love at first sight." he finished.

"So you're basically eternally in love with me?" I concluded.

"Yeah." He grinned.

"I don't know if I should be creeped out or flattered." I said.

"So do you wanna hang out tomorrow? Here?" he asked.

"Sure, I'm staying right.... there." I pointed at the house about a mile away. I shivered slightly as the ocean breeze blew over me and I realized I left my jacket in the car, Seth seemed to notice.

"Another wolf thing, we're our own sun." his smile widened as he slung his arm over me. I sat there awkwardly until a voice filled me with relief, but also annoyance.

"Gabby! Mom wants you!!" my older brother Austin called halfway from the house.

"I gotta go." I began walking towards Austin.

"Wait! What's your number?" he asked.

"I'll give it to you tomorrow. Just go to the house!" I ran off. I'm not sure what to make of this Seth guy yet. I kept thinking as I pushed open the door to greet my family.

a/n tell me what you guys think, if I should keep ir or not. Thanks!(:

Views: 199

Replies to This Discussion

woah what are her parents are they vampires? did they or someone turn shaun? ahh cant wait to read me update please

Omg love the story:) this is good!! Gabby like usual!;)

please update soon!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service