The Twilight Saga

Hey, I originally wrote this for me..... but I thought I would share it with you guys...... I hope you like it!!! Please Comment!!!

Made by my favorite graphic designer, Minn:

Made by one of my favorite authors, Manda Cullen:

Made by Emily's Banners:

Preface: I needed to get out of this blackness. My eyes finally opened, relieving me from this nightmare. Everything became clear, and I stared at the two before me. I finally saw who the beautiful voice belonged to. Like his voice, he too was beautiful. He had light brown hair, impossibly pale skin and something that caught me off guard: his brown-red eyes. A mixture of emotions zipped through me, fear, hope, sadness, happiness, and pain. I stared deep into his eyes, feeling strangely reassured.

Chapter One
Vision

Alice’s POV

I couldn’t wait for tonight. I was so excited, I was thrilled beyond belief. I was even getting a little restless. That NEVER happened to me. Not to a vampire. I spent the entire afternoon searching the future, my special gift. I searched my family’s future, especially my half-vampire, half-human niece, Renésmee’s. I was pretty sure she was going to say yes to the proposal that awaited her tonight, but unfortunately, I couldn’t see her in my visions. She was a blind spot as was werewolf/shape-shifter Jacob, her hopefully-to-be-fiancé or any of his wolf pack for that matter. Not being able to see them was a pain, but I was learning to cope with it and it was beginning to be manageable.
I had seen my mind-reading adopted brother, Edward, talking to his wife, my favorite sister-in-law, Bella. They were talking about Jacob asking him to marry Renésmee, and if that was okay with her. She said it was okay. I was suddenly filled with anticipation. I was dying to ask Renésmee if I could plan her wedding. I already had run a mental picture of my entire layout. It was going to be perfect, of course. All of my weddings were.

Slowly, the hours ticked by. My entire family had gone hunting. I was the only one that stayed behind. I knew that as good as an actress I was, I would not be able to hide my excitement. Besides, I didn’t want to spoil it for anyone. Edward knew what was going on, and told the rest of our family that I needed to finish some designing projects (which was partly true, I hadn’t finished Emmett or Jasper’s wardrobes). Jasper didn’t want to leave me, but I argued and told him he needed to hunt. For a fraction of a second, he looked like he suspected something was going on (he knew me well), but shrugged it off. Reluctantly, He gave in.

I had managed to pass the time planning the wedding. I had almost everything laid out and fitted just right and then re-fitted again, when my eyes focused on what was neither the past nor the present: the future. Suddenly, I saw Rosalie and Emmett, my other adopted siblings, driving to an orphanage. I smiled. They finally had made up their minds to adopt a child. Even before Rosalie had been transformed into a vampire, she had wanted a baby of her own, but vampires could not change in anyway, therefore, could not get pregnant. That left Rosalie desperate. So after many childless years they decided to adopt. I searched for specific information about the future member of our family (boy or girl, blonde or brunette etc.) and when they were going to announce it to us. I was thrilled. I was going to have another niece!

Esmé’s POV
Chapter One (Continued)
We were just finishing an exciting hunting trip. Jasper, Edward, Bella, Renésmee, Jacob, Carlisle and I had finished up and were waiting for Emmett and Rosalie. Jasper was getting anxious, and wanted to get back to Alice. So did I. I loved having my family together, and missed every second when we weren’t. I didn’t like seeing Jasper so worried. “Don’t worry, Jasper. Rose and Em will be here soon enough. Alice is perfectly fine by herself.” Jasper mumbled something I couldn’t understand, and then he gave a big sigh and sat down rather flustered and nearly crushed the boulder under him. I smiled. I turned to my adopted son, Edward. Any sign, yet? I thought. He shook his head in response. “No.” He said un-emotional. Then 2 seconds later, his face grew from un-emotional to awareness. “They’re coming. Emmett tried a new technique he has wanted to try on a grizzly. It took them awhile to find one, and even longer to master the technique.” Edward informed us. “How many grizzlies did they try this technique on?” Renésmee questioned suspiciously, putting emphasis on “technique”. “13.” He replied, with a hint of annoyance. Jacob moaned. I started wondering on how many cubs they had left motherless when Rosalie and Emmett burst into the clearing. “Took you long enough!” Jasper snarled. “Hey guys! Guess what! We tried that technique you showed me, Jasper. We caught 13!” Emmett said enthusiastically. “Remind me never to give you advice again. Let’s go already! Jasper demanded. Emmett looked surprised at his reaction, then looked at Rosalie and shrugged. Carlisle gestured for my hand, and I slid my hand into his, Emmett grabbed Rosalie’s, Edward took Bella’s and Renésmee already had hers into Jacobs’s, and we were off.
I spent our time running, thinking about each of my family members. I loved them so much. My husband, my adopted children, my granddaughter, even Jacob, who wasn’t exactly in our family –yet. Every one of them was unique in their own way, special. My thoughts turned to Bella, a shield, a mental defense, who came into our family, brightening up Edward’s life, put meaning back into it. I will be forever grateful to her for that. Edward. My talented, mind-reader son, kind, generous and not only that, he was a marvel when it came to piano. When he played his piano, it was like painting the sunrise for me, so beautiful. Edward interrupted my thoughts. “Remind me to paint you another sunrise when we get home.” He whispered smiling. He could read my thoughts. I beamed at him. Carlisle looked at me questioningly. I mouthed the word “piano” at him and he immediately understood. He knew me, and he also knew what Edward’s playing meant to me. My husband, Carlisle, my other half, the reason of my existence, my entire world and my true love. He was sweet, kind, handsome, generous, compassionate, gentle and loving. I squeezed his hand, and he squeezed it back. A gentle smile was on his face. I was blessed to have Carlisle. I turned my attention to my beautiful Rose and fun-loving Emmett, a perfect couple, two halves of a whole. It might not seem that way, but it was. She needed him and likewise he needed her.
I next turned my attention to Alice and her Jasper. They came to us out of nowhere and we adopted them as we had Rose, Em and Edward. Alice could see the future based on people’s decisions. Jasper could change your emotions. Jasper was in a way a complete opposite of Alice. She was artistic, bright and cheerful; he was shy, quiet and experienced. I loved them both terribly. My granddaughter, Renésmee, who looked like I could be her older sister, was Edward and Bella’s daughter. Also, my namesake, my name combined with Bella’s eccentric, gorgeous mother, Renée, who I got to know at the wedding. Her Jacob, a tall, kind young man, who hopefully would join our family soon. I already loved him as if he were my own. I had difficulty finding wrong with my children, I loved them so much. It was a joy to be able to call them my own.
We arrived at our home at twilight. I felt secure in a way, in the comfort of my own home, with all of my family. There was this reassurance that everything was going to be okay, but there was something different about tonight. There was excitement in the air.

As soon as everyone was together, in various places in the living room, Jacob cleared his throat. We all turned. I saw Alice squirm, out of the corner out of my eye. What was Alice nervous or excited about? I dismissed the thought. Jacob got down on one knee in front of Renésmee. Renésmee’s face was full of surprise and delight as he told her how much he loved her and if she would marry him. She said yes! Everyone started clapping and congratulated the two. I was so happy for them. I cried tearless sobs with a smile on my face. “You okay, Grandma?” Renésmee asked me with just a hint of worry crowding her overjoyed face. I nodded. I gave her a hug as did everyone else. It was a happy evening for all of us. Alice was talking wedding plans with Renésmee, Bella and I when her face went blank. We all stared at her when her face didn’t come back to normal. Jasper was by her side in an instant. “Alice?” He asked, worry on his face, as was on mine. I looked at Carlisle and then at Edward. Is she alright, Edward? What’s happening? I thought at him. A second later, her face came back to normal. “Alice, what did you see?” Jasper demanded. Alice and Edward looked at each other, then at me. “Looks like we’re going to have a new member in our family.” Alice declared. Everyone was stunned. “Who?” We all asked at the same time.

Hope you liked it!!!

Views: 82

Replies to This Discussion

love it!! keep updated SOON!! plz
Love the story and this chapter. Update soon.
Chapter Eleven

Terror

Matthew’s POV

I didn’t like being away from my Ada, but Mrs. Smith insisted that I needed to hunt. Ugh. I didn’t like keeping secrets from Ada, but I’d rather not upset her. Mrs. Smith had been teaching me how to hunt animals. They weren’t as good, but it felt good not to be taking a human life. After we were done, we went into town, and Mrs. Smith declared that she needed to check on Ada real quick. I volunteered to go, but she refused. I might not come back, she said. I smirked. She was probably right. She left and I was alone, buying our supplies. Technically, it was Ada’s supplies and the rest of villagers. They were the ones who would be getting it, since Mrs. Smith and I didn’t eat.

I tried to be a little social this trip, it didn’t work. People seemed scared of me; their subconscious’s telling them to stay away. Smart subconsciouses. I guess I didn’t have the gift of being able to interact with humans the way Mrs. Smith could. In all fairness, she had 300 hundred years of experience. I didn’t. She was loved by everyone in the village; it was really neat to watch. Children would come up to her and give her a hug, not seeming to notice her cold, hard skin. She fed the hungry and nursed the sick. No wonder she was loved so much.

My thoughts wandered to Ada, as they always did. I remembered last week, when she discovered a guitar in Mrs. Smith’s house. Right there and then we learned that Ada was musical. She was the most gifted I had ever heard. She had a breath-taking voice, but I already knew that. It was probably just me, anything she did was beautiful. She sang the sweetest song and played the guitar; I memorized the chords. I played myself, a long time ago, a really long time ago. I took the guitar from her and started playing the song again. She smiled and sang along. It was magical, in a way. I felt more in love with her every second of that song. Ada claimed to have written the song. It was beautiful. All I knew afterwards was that Mrs. Smith was crying tearless tears. She managed to stop crying before Ada discovered the un-human act.

I was beginning to notice the time passing. Mrs. Smith hadn’t come back. When I was about to give up and go back, she walked into town and continued shopping with me. When we were alone in the street, she explained her delay. Ada knew. I hoped this wasn’t too much information on her. “Is she okay?” I asked her. “Fit as a fiddle. When I left she was getting herself some tea.” I gave a sigh of relief. Tea helped calm her down.
When I inhaled, I caught something that confused me, vampire scent and a lot of humans. The scent wasn’t strong at all, I wasn’t even sure if it was vampire. It was probably just my imagination. I had other things to obsess about. Mrs. Smith didn’t seem to notice anything out of place. We continued shopping, me counting the nanoseconds until I could be with my beloved.

Ada’s POV

Chapter Eleven (Continued)

It was colder than I thought it was. When I reached the creek, I noticed ice on the edges. Ice? Odd. Was it that late in the year? I had lost track of time weeks ago. To tell you the truth, I really didn’t care. I was with Matthew, that’s all that mattered.
I went to the place we usually got water. There wasn’t too much dirt or stuff in the water, and it was peaceful. I loved it here. I sat there for a while, thinking about all Mrs. Smith had told me. Debating whether I should feel afraid or not. I couldn’t decide.
I looked at the sun. A lot of time had passed. Matthew would be worried. I got up grabbed my bucket and then froze. As I looked up, I heard a fierce growl. It wasn’t human. My heart began pounding against my ribs. There ten feet away, was a bear-like animal, not looking happy, snarling at me. It was smaller than a bear, and had thick fur and whitish patches on its back. Wolverine.
This wasn’t good. I knew their reputation for being strong, nasty and killing animals way larger than itself. It started walking towards me, it looked hungry. Fear shot through me. I wasn’t thinking clearly. I did what my instinct told me to do. Run! I did. It ran too.
I ran as fast as I could, dodging trees and shrubs along the creek side. The creek became a river, violent rapids roaring at me. The wolverine was getting closer. I didn’t know how fast it could run, but I knew I could swim faster. I jumped into the river. The current pulled me under, threatening to drown me. I broke the surface and gasped for air. I swam as hard as I could, just trying to keep my head out of the water. The icy water numbed me, making it harder to stay afloat. I heard an even louder roar. More rapids. These didn’t sound like ripples. I kept fighting. The current swirled me under the surface. I couldn’t breathe. I felt a pain in my leg and then, everything went black.

Okay people.... don't forget that most of the time, I do special requests........ So if you are interested in reading about something particular, let me know!!!!!!! (It'll give me more ideas on what to write on))) :)
If anybody would like to receive updates, add me as your friend!!!!! Or check your email....... but I usually send notifications to my friends list first......

Oh and thank you, my faithful readers, for reading!!!!!

Love you guys!!!!!
Can;t wait to see what happens next. Will Matthew rescue her or what.
Post more soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i dnt like cliffy's! lol
plz hurry with the next chappy!!
i LOVE this story
Absolutely amazing. Please write more. It's really good. I can't wait to find out what happens.

Questions: Will we get to find out Ada's past at some point? And how does Emmett feel about being a father? A story/part of a story from Emmett's point of view would be cool. Carlisle's point of view would be cool too. ( He's my favorite) :) Maybe when/if the Cullens meet Ada.?

P.S. Thank you for not killing Jasper. All us secret Whitlock fangirls are very relieved. :)
Thank you Carlie!!!!

Answers: Vaguely. I will write how she ends up in the forest; but we'll see how far I'll go. I'm not sure yet. Excellent question! I think that'll be fun to write about. Hmm...... Carlisle's is my favorite too...... but I'm not sure about his POV. It's really hard to get into a totally awesome person's mind. But who knows? Maybe I will attempt the impossible for you, Carlie :) Ada will be meeting the Cullen's in approximately two chapters........ in chapter thirteen: discovery....... I know... excitement..... lol.... Love you, Carlie!!!! Thanks for reading!!!!!!
yeah have a go. please?
Hey my forever-wonderful readers!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Christmas and New Years brought along a lot of activity...... I hope you guys have an awesome 2010!!!! I have the rest of the chapters written... it's just a matter of typing and posting. I will post ASAP!!!!! Hugs to all!!!!!

P.S. I plan to write a sequel named Daydreams!!!!!!!! But I have to finish Nightmares first :)
Please keep me updated on both stories!!! I love this one!!!!!
Okay......... Chapter Twelve: Nightmares!!!!!

Enjoy and Comment!!!!!!

Chapter Twelve
Nightmares
Gabe’s POV
We had been running for about a week now. The humans just wouldn’t give up. It was actually quite a scene, humans with pitchforks, shotguns, revolvers, torches and kitchen knives, chasing what they thought was a pack of wolves or bears. Lame. I know. From what we knew, they weren’t quite sure what we are. All they knew was that we had killed some of their fellow townspeople and fellow townspeople saw Mark’s shadow kill them, whoever we were. Hey, we’re vampires, it’s what we do. It’s what we do. I sighed. Ever since Matt left, I’ve been second-guessing myself about everything. He said he couldn’t live with himself for killing innocent lives. Up till then, I never really thought about it. That all changed. Now we were running from humans, who could never possibly be a threat to us. It was Maria’s idea. Ugh. Our fearless, courageous, and shameless leader. She wasn’t my pick to lead our coven; but she didn’t join my coven, I joined hers. We all knew who she was, and yes, the same Maria who lead the southern newborn wars. She still had the makings of a general in her, but no army. So, Maria led us effortlessly all through Europe, staying out of trouble as best as we could. Right now, we weren’t doing so well.
For some strange reason, the humans had gotten closer to us. HOW? I have no clue. All I know is that they were dangerously close, too close. We were in panic now, they were screaming and yelling, hungry for revenge, grieving for those they had lost. You could tell it in their voices. Guilt pained through me. How I got through those days, is beyond me. Shame hung on my shoulders as I ran from what I deserved. Death. I hadn’t quite figured out how humans would kill me. I just hadn’t gotten that far.
We were running fast now, through the woods and we came to a river. We had to lose the humans; they were just too many to kill without suspicions being aroused. We had to hide. Mark noticed a cave-like entrance in the rushing river. That was sure to put the humans on the wrong track. Maria was the first to dive. She dived professionally into the water. Then, Mark and Jules dived. They did more of an “I’m running away from humans. Save me! Save me!” kind of dive. I smirked and did the most showing off-kind of leap I could muster and plunged myself into the water. It probably would feel freezing to a human; I felt nothing. I followed Mark and Julie’s feet as they swam up into a cave-like structure. It was just a dome-like hole, but with rock on the sides going all the way around it. Dirt made the ceiling and I could smell the rodents and moss above me. Vampire awesomeness, oh yes.
What I did notice the second my head broke the surface was we weren’t alone. Julie noticed it first, her. “Human.” She pointed at the dead-looking heap. She was lying on her side, slightly pale and sick-looking and worn out. She was out cold. It was then when I noticed her leg. She had a 12-inch gash that had lost her a lot of blood. Blood. I instantly held my breath. The raging sensation in my throat hadn’t noticed it till then. Apparently the other’s did. “Mine.” Mark growled as his eyes turned black. “No, she’s mine.” Maria growled back. Mark wheeled around and looked like he was about to pounce on her. Their eyes dead black, consumed with thirst, the need to satisfy it. The need was so great they were even risking hurting one another to satisfy their thirst and kill an innocent human. I was angry now. I was enraged. Julianne was terrified. Apparently she didn’t value the need to satisfy her thirst above the need to keep the coven intact. “Stop it!” Julie yelled. She was lucky they didn’t try to attack her. She panicked. She turned to me. “Gabriel, do something!” So I did. I sighed. I had to protect this human. I couldn’t let the human be slaughtered like an animal. No feeling or emotion overwhelmed me, just the urge to redeem myself of my past. I swam as fast as lightening to the human. I held my breath; then, I bit her.

Ada’s POV
Chapter Twelve (Continued)
And then, everything went black.
I was floating, floating in the blackness. The weight of the darkness crushed upon me, drowning me. I fought to lift the nothingness. I fought with Matthew, his cold skin, his now-orange eyes, the way it felt when he held my hand. I was winning against my battle with the darkness.
Just as I thought the darkness would lift, I felt a small bubble of heat near my throat. Along with it came a new smell, a combination of coffee and forest but sweeter; it came and left. The bubble of heat stayed though; it felt warm and pleasant, like warm water. It gradually got hotter, and hotter. Now, it was like raging flames. The flames were eating me, roasting me alive. I wanted to scream, to yell for my Matthew to come and rescue me. I couldn’t find my mouth. My enemy, darkness, had just found an ally to fight against me, the fire. Together they stormed and burned me, leaving nothing alive, just ashy and brittle, dead. As it ate me, I tried to find the light, searching for a way out of this crushing nightmare. I wasn’t winning this battle.
Slowly, the battle dreaded on. I didn’t mind the fire as much as I did the blackness. The fire gave me some indication that I was alive. Or was I? On the other hand, the blackness indicated nothing. No feeling, no sight, no sound, there was nothing. Eventually, to my despair, the fire burned out. Starting from my fingers and toes, it slowly sucked itself inward to my heart and to my throat, dragging life along with it. The blackness continued, turning into a living nightmare, my nightmare, a world of nothing, a world with no one. I started slipping. A world with no one meant a world without my Matthew, my true love, my world. A world without him was nothing, I was nothing. I slipped even further.
I don’t know how I made it. Was it the thought that Matthew might be waiting for me? I didn’t know, but I was still looking for him, maybe that was what kept me alive. After a long time, I found my eyes. They opened to not what I was expecting. I was on a rock of some sort. I slowly sat up, analyzing every millimeter of my surroundings. I recorded every detail automatically. My head felt strangely empty. I pushed down on the rock, hard to get myself up. I heard a crack and instantaneously was standing up, in a crouch. I was prepared. There was nothing out of place, except for a crack in the rock about the size of my hand where my hand had been. Did I do that? I leaned down and pushed against the rock. It cracked. I was strong, freakishly strong. I punched the wall, it shook, but it didn’t stop shaking. Panicked filled me. I searched a way out of the cave. Five inches below the rock’s edge was water. There was a tunnel with light coming out through the other end. To get to it, meant that I had to get in the water. I took a deep breath and prepared myself to jump in the water. The deep breath was not what I was prepared for. I didn’t need it. When I inhaled, my mind swirled with new scents: dirt, moss, mold, water, fish, rock, and some kind of animal? I could hear a light heart beat in the distance. The heartbeat disturbed me; I didn’t want it near me. It went away. My mind focused on the situation right now: the cave was collapsing, I needed to get out. I plunged myself into the water. I expected to have to struggle with some sort of a current on the other side. I felt the current, but it seemed weak; from what I saw though, it was strong. I easily maneuvered my way through, fighting the current out.
As I swam through the tunnel, a sharp root sticking out of the underwater opening caught on my scarf and tore it off me. I didn’t seem to need it, so I left it there. My head touched light. There was light and green and life, no blackness, no nightmare. I smiled. I had won my battle.
I swam to shore, bewildered. What now? Right now, I was focused on the so many sights and sounds of the forest. They were so beautiful, all in harmony, together creating a symphony of wonder, the wind, rabbit’s feet, water rushing, ants bumping into each other, bird’s singing, squirrels climbing and so many more, I couldn’t identify. After I was done marveling at the scenery, I faced a dilemma I wasn’t quite prepared for yet. What now? I didn’t recognize anything. I took a deep breath and caught a scent that was familiar. I started running in that direction. After a few minutes, a cottage appeared.
I approached the small house I had lived in. There was no smoke coming out of the chimney. Wasn’t anyone inside? I entered the cottage. “Matthew? Mrs……” I trailed off. On the kitchen table were hundreds of flyers with my face plastered all over it. “HAVE YOU SEEN HER?” Subtitled above my picture. Below me was my description, how tall I was, eye color, etc. What caught my eye was the date I had gone missing. According to the date it said was today, I had been gone two weeks. Were they looking for me? Beside the flyers, there was a world map and a letter addressed to Mrs. Smith with Matthew’s handwriting on it. I looked at the map. Areas had been circled in pen, each had either Matthew’s or Mrs. Smith’s name on it. Were those places they were looking for me? A couple of areas extended as far down as Australia and Africa. I moaned. They could be anywhere.
I eyed the letter from Matthew and tore it open. It read:
Dear Valina,
I hope you don’t mind me calling you by your real name. If we can’t find her, I’m going to Volterra, to the Volturi. I can’t go on without her. I need to die. I’m sorry. I am very thankful to have met you and thank you for loving me like a son and caring for me when I needed it the most. Don’t forget I love you as if you were my own mother.
Love,
Your Son,
Matthew
I dropped the letter when I was finished. I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. Matthew was either dead or going to die. I couldn’t stop him. I could try to find him, but I didn’t know where to look. I could go to Matthew’s areas on the map, but he might already be in Volterra, wherever that was. I couldn’t go to the Volturi either. I didn’t know what kind of vampires they were. Would they kill me, leaving Matthew alive, still looking for me? I couldn’t let him die and I couldn’t find Matthew or Mrs. Smith either. I couldn’t bear this thought. I remembered the foggy memory of Mrs. Smith’s terrified eyes as she spoke of the Volturi. I racked my brain to try and remember every detail I could of the Volturi: Italy, red eyes, royalty, vampires, Carlisle Cullen. I stopped there. Carlisle Cullen, the most caring and compassionate person, could he help me? Mrs. Smith had said something about Washington in northwestern United States. I pulled the map and found Volterra in Italy, then found Washington. I would go there.
KEEP ME POSTED PLEASE. :)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service