The Twilight Saga

^ (Banner by I-heart-Jacob-Black (a.k.a Jess)

^ (Banner by Twilight Love Story O_o)

Prologue
The rain had started to fall as I ran outside to my car. It was rare that it would rain in Arizona, but I wasn't complaining. We needed the rain. We haven't had a temperature lower than 85 for weeks, and any chance of rain means that the temperatures will be cooling off - if only for a little while.

I hurried to unlock the door, and when I was safely inside I grinned. As much as I didn't want the rain to get my clothes damp, I appreciated the coolness of it. I started the car and put it in drive, wanting to hurry and get to school. It was the last day of Sophomore year for me, and we were to be given the names of the families we would be living with for the summer.

It was apart of a new program that gave us the chance to learn how families in different states (and, for two lucky people, different countries) lived. I couldn't wait to see who I was going to be living with and where I was going.

I pulled in the parking lot next to my best friend Kayla's car. She was getting out of it and was holding an umbrella in one hand and balancing her books in another.

"Ready to see who you got, Bella?" she asked, squealing with excitement. I nodded and we raced inside. I hurriedly crammed my books into my locker and went to first period, which just so happened to be my English class - the class that would give us our new homes for the summer.

"Class," said Miss Iverson, "today, as you all know, is the day that you will be choosing the place with which you will go to spend your summer. I want to remind you all that you are to write down your adventures in the notebooks I handed to you yesterday. I'm going to call out your names in no particular order." She coughed then took out a list of what I assumed were our names and a hat with tiny pieces of paper.

"Kayla Cray!" Kayla grinned at me and I smiled back. She reached her hand in without looking and pulled out a sheet of paper. When she sat down, she showed me it. Billy and Jacob Black - Washington is what it said.

"It's not that far away," I commented. "And I heard that it's rainy all the time; you'll have an excuse to use your brand new pairs of rain boots." Kayla bought about ten pairs of rain boots in the wackiest styles and colours imaginable last week. The pair she was wearing at the moment was a bright green pair with frogs on them.

"True," she giggled, looking down at her boots. More people were called. I heard them whisper about the places they were going. Some were going to New York; others to Florida. One girl even whispered that she got one of the international trips: she was headed to Scotland.

"Bella Swan," Miss Iverson called. I stood up and walked towards the front. I covered my eyes and stuck my hand in, rooting around in the slips of paper until finally I selected one.

I didn't dare look at it until I sat back down; I was hoping to go somewhere sunny and warm, maybe Florida or Texas. When I sat down, I breathed out slowly, counted to three, and opened up the slip of paper.

Carlisle and Esme Cullen - Washington

Views: 127

Replies to This Discussion

I am back and able to read. When is the next chapter coming up?!
hey i thought you were posting more last friday
*bangs head on nearby wall* I'm such a horrible person; I promised an update Friday and I wasn't feeling good then, so I was like "Okay I'mma try again next week" then I get sick next week (and on a snow day no less, when I should have been writing) so I don't log on and then school is such a female dog, I swear. I was super freakin' busy all taht week.

This is why I like summer: no school and I can write as long as I want.

I PROMISE you an update this weekend. I swear there will be an update this weekend. *crosses heart and hopes to die*

I love you guys for being so patient with me. Please don't give up on me. :)

-Deanna
Hey its cool. We're waiting-very impatiently-but waiting. :-) we'll still b here when u post more. Hope u feel better! Soon! Hehe.
*giggling* Oh yeah! & u probably won't feel 2 much better if u bang ur head on the wall, sooo u might wanna only do it once or twice. :)
xD Thanks :)
I FORGIVE YOU!
its okay dont beat yourself up for it haha
are you updating the reminder too this weekend?
and feel better!
This is really good. Can you keep me updated please :)
i uderstand!!!
it takes me like a month just to update 1 of my stories!
and i have 3 that i'm writing currently!
Chapter 8 (THE LAST CHAPTER WAS 7, NOT 8! THIS IS CHAPTER 8!)
EPOV-

--
The drive back home wasn't too awful. Bella sat between my sister and me. She looked very uncomfortable but Alice was trying to pull her out of her shell.

"You and I are going to have such a fun time, Bella!" she squealed, pulling Bella into a hug. After they broke apart, She turned towards me and mouthed, "help".

I chuckled and was about to tell Alice to give Bella some room to breathe when we pulled up back at our house. Those big, brown eyes widened.

"What?" I asked as we got out of the car. She blushed from being caught staring.

"Nothing," she mumbled, going around to the back of the car to get her luggage. I grabbed them before she could. "Edward, I don't wanna feel helpless around here; at least let me carry my own luggage." I shook my head.

"Nope, you're the guest. Get used to it," I laughed and walked inside and up to her room. It was a fairly large room that mom had been fixing up every since we found out Bella would be living with us. She painted it a light, dusty purple with white and black squares around the walls. A cherry-wood desk was in the corner along with a king-sized bed complete with matching purple, black, and white sheets and pillows. There was a large dresser against the wall by the closet and her own bathroom.

"Here's your room," I told her, laying her luggage on the bed.

"Are you sure? I mean, this is way too much," she said, shaking her head. But she explored the room anyway. She looked inside at the bathroom, complete with a walk-in shower and a large tub. She explored the closet next. "I didn't even buy enough clothes to fit in here," I heard her mumble. I couldn't help but laugh.

"The way Alice shops? You'll need another closet twice this size by the end of the summer," I warned her. Her eyes widened again.

"Don't tell Alice, but I hate shopping. Well, unless it's for books. I'm a nerd, really. I'd rather buy a good book than a Gucci bag or a pair of Jimmy Choo stilettos, which, by the way, I would never be able to walk in since I'm such a complete klutz." I heard a pair of tiny feet stomping up the stairs.

"Did I just hear that someone hates shopping?!" my sister shrieked.

"What? No... I just said I hate... uh... I got nothing," Bella sighed hopelessly.

"How in the world could someone hate shopping? That's like a ten commandment or something! 'Thou shalt not hate shopping'." My sister's eyes had that evil glint in them; the one that she gets when she has an idea or a scheme.

"Bella, run," I said urgently. She didn't ask questions; she just took off around me and ran out the door and down the stairs. Sure enough, my sister followed her; but not before she grabbed her purse with the wallet stuffed with credit cards.

"Bella! I'm doing this for your own good!" she yelled. I heard a couple thumps and a crash. I ran downstairs and found Bella on her stomach with Alice sitting on top of her, holding her hands and arms down.

"No, it's not for my own good! I don't wanna go shopping!" she laughed, trying to somehow throw Alice off.

"You're only saying that because you've never tried it! It's just like Emmett saying he doesn't wanna go get a bikini wax, but when I took him he said, 'Oh man, where has that been all my life?!'"

Bella stopped struggling and burst into hysterical laughter. I laughed while cringing, looking at the mental image Alice put into my head.

"Fine, I'll go, but I wanna stop by Jake's afterward," she said after she stopped laughing.

"Deal. Now, if I get up you won't run right?" Alice asked, hesitant.

"No, I won't run," she said. Alice slowly got off of Bella and helped her up. But the second Bella was up she sprinted for the door.

"Bella, come back! Don't make me throw your books in the pool!" she yelled, chasing Bella.

I had to admit, Bella had more guts than I did to run away from Alice.

--
A/N:
The Reminder will be updated tomorrow or Monday, kay? Here's the well-waited for update. :)
Aww this wuz a cute chapter! I hope u post more soon! Plz keep me updated!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service