The Twilight Saga

This is a different writing project completely from sights and im not sure i will continue writing it but if i do it will be because of fans that COMMENT!!!!

4 years ago today my mother died. It was one of the worst days of my life, we were drivng home from Washington D.C. my dad was driving and I was in the back seat of the car, my mom in the passenger seat. I remember the exact song that was playing, Flightless Bird. I loved that song, I was singing it as loud as I could just to feel the words pounding in my head. My dad turned around and smiled at me. We passed through a stop sign, And were hit on both sides by passing cars. My mother screamed, the shrill sound still intact in my brain. My dad Grabbed at the steering wheel trying to gain control. We flipped twice and landed in a front yard. I had a cell phone at the time so I emediately called 911. They arrived minutes after. They took us all to the hospital on stretchers. My dad had a broken leg, I had a shattered wrist, and my mom wouldn't open her eyes. She didn't have any broken bones. She just wouldn't open her eyes. She stayed in the hospital like that for three weeks. Until we got a devistating call. They said her heart had stopped beating. My dad was standing in the door way I was right next to him. I watched as his face fell into the sad mask of a child. I started to cry, and he dropped to his knees encasing me in a solid hug. To this day I remember the man on the other end of the phone saying "I'm so sorry, sir. Best wishes for you and your daughter." the phone clicked off, hanging from the wall.

Tears rolled down my face as I remembered this. Dripping onto my bed, one of the only pieces of furniture in my room. I had lived in this house for 3 years and there were no posters decorating the walls, or a T.V. on my dresser. The only things in my room were a bed and a desk. My dad had nailed them to the floor. I guess this was because When we first lived here I refused to have anything in my room except a sleeping bag and a suit case. Now my room felt like a hollow shell with only a book bag and purse sitting on my desk. When we moved I threw out all of my C.D.'s only keeping my books and a month's supply of clothes.

I ran out of my room, down the stairs and into the arms of my dad. He had been waiting for me, we did this every year, it was one of the only times I touched my dad. He backed up to look at my face, then dug in his pocket, His hand came up and in it was a ten doller bill, he gave me one every week, I had them stuffed into my purse.

I turned and walked into the kitchen. There were pancakes, fruit, orange juice and milk on the table. I grabbed a banana, and glanced back at the table there were two plates with utencils resting next to them. One last tear ran down my cheek as I ran back up the stairs, escaping my dad's devastated stare.

I ran into my room and slammed the door behind me. I jumped onto my bed and started sobbing.

Once again it felt like I was being torn apart starting at my heart and ending at the very essence of my life. The memories of my mother.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think?

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! I'll try to add more weekly! If you like this check out my other story sights on the blogs
Again, wonderful like Sights!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service