The Twilight Saga

Hey, readers of the world :) This story is about what I thought would have happened after Breaking Dawn. I posted this story a long time ago, but it was deleted for some reason and I've decided to repost the story, considering I have it all saved. I'm actually already started on the sequel, but that got deleted, too, so I'll post this one while I post for the other story. So enjoy Renesmee's Diary :)

***Sequel to this story, Never Again: http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/never-agai... ***

Renesmee's Diary

Chapter 1

I felt myself mumble incoherently in my sleep, turn to my side, and sigh before falling into deep unconsciousness.

My dream was amazing. I was on La Push Beach, my slender, teenage body sitting down on the sand as I looked up at the stars suspended above me. I don't know why I was there, but I couldn't take my eyes off the beautiful night sky. All the stars were brightening the sky with their beautiful lights. The stars twinkled in such a way that seemed impossible for human eyes (or in my case, vampire eyes) to ever see. Soon, only two stars were twinkling, dazzling me with their luminous sparkle.

The stars began to dance in the sky, dancing to their own inaudible beat. They jumped, hopped, twirled, turned, soared, through the dark sky, morphing into a familiar figure. I watched as the stars made their way into the figure. I soon recognized it to be a body, a man's body. The stars landed into place as they made his hair, his high cheekbones, his soft, gentle, smiling face, and eyes. He was tall, maybe seven feet, with a muscular frame and build. The stars showed that he was wearing a plain t-shirt and shorts, his feet completely bare. I looked into the eyes once more and immediately recognized them.

I smiled as the stars morphed into the figure of my best friend, Jacob. Once the portrait was finished, the stars morphed to life, having Jacob's face smile even wider at me. I smiled back and waved at him. Jacob waved back. The stars seemed to be getting closer, bringing Jacob towards me. The Jacob that was made of stars walked out of the sky and jumped onto the sand where I stood, smiling again.

Soon, Jacob and I were mere inches apart. He held up his finger, a motion for me to wait. I nodded and waited. The stars swirled around him in one fast motion and, soon, Jacob was in front of me, flesh and blood. He smiled at me again and sighed contently.

"Hey, Nessie."

I blushed, the same blush my mother once had, and said, "Hey, Jacob."

He looked just as he'd always been. He had a smiling face; his russet colored skin was beautiful in the dim light. I looked into his eyes and sighed contently. His impossibly dark eyes were twinkling like the stars in the sky, making me melt as his eyes bored into my chocolate brown eyes.

Jacob wrapped his muscular arms around me, giving me a loving hug. I hugged him back, laying my head on his chest and closing my eyes. I couldn't have felt safer, more secure in his arms.

I felt him nuzzle his face into my bronze hair as he sighed, "Renesmee."

I hugged him tighter, making sure he won't disappear in my hold. I was afraid that the moment I let him go will be the moment he leaves me, the moment where I'm left standing in the middle of the beach with no one at my side. Because though Jacob and I are only supposed to be best friends, I've always felt that we were supposed to be more. It's in my thoughts, in my dreams, in everything that has to do with him. And I can't ever live if he left me.

A tear escaped from my eye at the thought of not having Jacob with me here. Jacob looked at me with sorrow filled eyes.

"Why are you crying, Nessie?" I shake my head, closing my eyes, and laying my head to his chest once more. He cups his finger under my chin, raising my gaze to his so that I'm forced to look at him.

He asked me, "Are you okay, Renesmee?"

I nod my head. "I just... I don't want you to leave me, Jacob. I mean, my father left my mother at one point when both their lives were in danger and I just... can't handle the thought of you leaving me."

I start to sob, letting go of his warm embrace and turning the opposite way; I hate crying in front of him because I know it only makes him sad.

But instead of leaving me alone, Jacob took me in his arms once again, holding me close to him. I tried to wriggle free of his hold, but I gave up and sobbed into his shirt.

He said, "Renesmee, I could never leave you. You're so important to me. I would never leave you, Renesmee. I'll always be by your side. I'm not going anywhere. Not without you."

I looked up into his dark eyes again; He was looking at me back, his eyes full of sorrow and grief.

I asked, "Do you promise?"

He smiled. "I promise."

Jacob leaned in and kissed a tear from my cheek. I smiled and laid my head on his chest again.

I could hear his heartbeat ringing through my eardrums. It was a sound so familiar, so remarkably different from any other heartbeat I've heard; I could hear it from miles away, knowing that it's Jacob. I sighed and let him kiss the top of my head.

"You worry about the strangest things, Nessie," he said, smiling again.

I looked up at him and laughed gently. "Shut up, Jacob." We both laughed.

Then, Jacob looked at me, his eyes brooding and determined.

"Nessie," he sighed.

I asked, "Yes, Jacob?"

He didn't say anything. He leaned his face in closer to mine. I felt his forehead rest on mine as I closed my eyes. I could hear our shallow breathing, waiting for this moment to finally happen in our lives.

I heard him chuckle silently as he said, "Renesmee, I love you."

I smiled. My heart was filled with so much love and I had been longing for him to utter those words. And to finally hear him say them makes my heart fill with so much relief, but also longing to return the words to him.

"Jacob, I love you, too," I whisper to him.

I opened my eyes to see his reaction. His eyes, also open, were so light and buoyant, so filled with everlasting love. He smiled, grasped my waist and twirled me in the air. I laughed and we embraced each other amorously.

He said, his voice filled with relief and love, "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear that."

I smiled and said, "I think I know."

He took another look at me and sighed. "Nessie."

I sighed, too. "Jake."

He chuckled and leaned in once more, our foreheads touching again. I smiled and closed my eyes, waiting. His lips brushed against my cheek before kissing my cheek, His lips traveled to my own where they hesitated for a moment. Then, his lips finally met mine, crushing them with passion and love. I kissed him back, my hands sliding to his chest as I grabbed his shirt, pulling him closer to me. He chuckled in response and held me tight to him.

I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect in this entire world than Jacob. He makes me laugh, he makes me smile, he cares for me so much, he never judges me, he'll do what I ask him, and, most importantly, he's my best friend.

My hands slid around his neck, clasping together so that he was prisoner in my arms. His hands slid down to my waist. I sighed in contentment. I didn't want anything more than to be with Jacob, He was everything to me and I could never let him go.

Then, when everything was going just about perfect...

"Nessie... Nessie... RENESMEE, WAKE UP!!!"

My eyes flung wide open and I nearly jumped off my bed. I looked around, alarmed, when I saw Alice and, ironically, Jacob standing at the foot of my queen-sized bed.

My Aunt Alice (I just call her Alice sometimes since I look like I could be her age) looked at me and smiled.

"Good, you're awake," her sweet pixie voice said.

I rolled my eyes. "Gee, I wonder what might have woken me up."

Jacob and Alice laughed. Alice said, "Happy 2nd Birthday, Renesmee!"

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at my digital clock on my nightstand. "Is it September 10th already," I asked, mostly to myself.

Alice frowned. "Man, you and Bella are not one for birthdays, are you?"

Jacob and I laughed. "I guess not," I said. Alice rolled her eyes.

"Well, we have to get to birthday shopping! It's your special day, buy whatever you want."

I rolled my eyes. "It's not like you don't give me the option to waste money."

Alice laughed. "Yes, but this time, you're buying and I'm consenting. Now, let's go! The mall in Seattle starts at nine and that’s first before we hit the designers' places." She skipped out the door. Jacob sat beside me.

"So, anything special planned for today," he asked, his deep, husky voice just as familiar as in my dream.

I smiled and shook my head. "Nope. Why? Did you have something you wanted to do with me today?"

He shrugged. "It's nothing we need to discuss right now. Maybe after..." he trailed off.

I asked, "After what?"

He laughed. "I wasn't supposed to tell you this... but Alice is planning a big surprise party for you today."

I sighed. "Alice just loves an excuse to throw a party, doesn't she?"

Jake laughed. "You'll get used to it after a while." I laughed, too.

Jake got off the bed, bowed and offered his hand out to me, saying in a formal voice, "Well, would you like to join me in walking to the house, Ms. Renesmee?"

I laughed, jumped out of bed, and curtsied, though I was wearing black shorts and a white tank top, and mimicked the same voice as he did. "Why, Mr. Jacob, it would be my honor."

He says, in his normal voice, "The pleasure is all mine, believe me." I looked at him and I knew he wasn't kidding. He was serious. I blushed and took his hand. We walked out of my house, hand in hand, and I couldn't have felt happier.

Tags: Alice, Bella, Black, Brandon, Breaking, Carlie, Carlisle, Clearwater, Cullen, Dawn, More…Eclipse, Edward, Emily, Emmett, Esme, Forevergirl, Harry, Isaac, Isabella, Jacob, Jared, Jasper, Leah, Love, Madame, Mason, McCarthy, Moon, Nayeli, New, Pack, Paul, Potter, Renesmee, Rosalie, Sam, Seth, The, Twilight, Uley, Whitlock, William

Views: 1460

Replies to This Discussion

New Reader :)

This is a great story.

I already love it!

Can't wait for more and I will definitely read the sequel :D

Keep me posted!! x

haha. Thanks for taking the time to read my story :) I'm really glad you like it. I'll most definitely post ASAP :)

Chapter 4

Jake parked the car outside of my house. I could see lights were hung up, but inside, it was dark, like no one was home. I sighed; Alice will be Alice.

Jacob and I got out of the car and walked over to the house. Might as well get this over with, I thought to myself. I waited to hear my dad chuckle, but no sound came from inside the house. Jake met me at the doorstep and I took a deep breath. Parties... not really my thing, but I guess I have to do it for Alice.

Jacob's hand found mine. I looked up at him and he had a faint smile. I tried to smile, but it didn't seem to come out right. He suppressed his laughter. I rolled my eyes, but, when he turned to face the door, kissed his cheek. He looked at me, and smiled again. I smiled back, finally.

Jake said, "Let's go inside." I nodded and Jacob opened the door. We took the first few steps and...

"SURPRISE!!!" Everyone came out from behind the couch, computer desk, table, even Claire, Quil's Imprint, came out from behind the little nightstand. I felt my face get hot as I smiled. Everyone was here. Everyone from this morning, plus Zafrina, Senna and Kachiri, Nahuel and Huilen, Tanya, Kate, Garrett, Carmen, and Eleazar, Benjamin, Maggie, Siobhan, and Liam, and Peter and Charlotte. They were all here. It was, literally, a full house.

My mom got to me first, smiling. "Happy birthday, Renesmee," she told me, giving me a hug.

I smiled and hugged her, too. Then, my dad came and gave me hug, kissing my head before giving Jacob a glare. Then, Carlisle, Esme, Emmett, Rosalie, Alice, Jasper. Then, the wolf pack all congratulated me, Sam, Emily, Embry, Quil, Claire, Seth, Collin, Brady, Paul, Rebecca, Jared, Kim, and Leah (surprisingly). Then, I got to catch up with everyone else.

Alice made me chat with all our new guests, blow out my birthday cake candles, then I could hang out with Jacob and the werewolves - I mean, shape shifters. So as soon as I was finished talked, I went to talk with Jacob, Embry, Seth, Quil, and Claire. I walked over to Jacob's side, our hands finding each other and entwining our fingers.

Claire, now four years old, giggled and said, "Uncle Jacob and Nessie like each other."

I blushed, knowing how loud she had said that and aware that almost everyone's eyes were on us. Jacob just smiled, being the dork he is. I had to hold in my laughter.

Quil said, "Claire, that's not nice... not out loud, anyway."

I hissed quietly to Quil, "Shut up!"

I heard everyone laugh, making my face feel hot again.

Jacob said, "Don't worry. It's not all that bad. It could be worse."

I asked, "How?"

"Well... Quil and Embry could have start teasing, howling like wolves."

I laughed and nodded. "That would be worse." We both laughed.

Then, I sighed, knowing that Alice was gonna bombard me about what happened today. I laced my hand with Jake's and showed him that I was worried about Alice asking me questions.

Jake sighed. "It's like there's no privacy."

I nodded. "I know."

We both sighed.

Jacob smiled at me and asked, "Do you wanna go someplace a little more... quiet?"

I smiled back. "Sure."

We made sure no one was looking before making a sneak out the back door.

Jacob and I drove back to La Push. I got out of the car and took off my heels, rubbing my feet.

"Those were killing me."

Jake laughed. "I like the idea." He kicked off his dress shoes, making me laugh.

He grabbed a blanket and a basket from the back of his car.

I smiled. "Picnic on the beach?"

Jacob smiled. "I was planning it tonight, the perfect moment."

I smiled and we walked onto the beach, barefoot.

We picked a good spot and set up the food. Jake had thought of everything. There were candles, flowers, greatly prepared food.

I asked him, "Did you cook this?"

He smiled and nodded. "But, I have to confess, Esme gave me a few pointers."

I laughed and sat down on the blanket. We ate Caesar Salad for an appetizer, grilled lemon chicken for the entree, and a chocolate cupcake with a candle on top for dessert. I laughed and Jake smiled.

"Blow out the candle, before the wind does."

I smiled, closed my eyes, made a wish, and blew out the candles.

Jake asked, "What did you wish for?"

I blushed and said, "You don't need to know."

He pouted adorably. "Please?"

I laughed. "I'm not telling you."

We both laughed.

Jake said, "Let's take a walk on the beach."

I smiled and nodded.

Jacob packed our things, put it in his car, and we walked on the beach.

He asked, "So, how's your birthday been so far?"

I raised an eyebrow. "So far? There's more for my birthday?"

He smiled. "We'll see."

I smiled. "It's actually been pretty great. I had a great day, great party, great dinner."

Jake nodded. "Also an interruption."

I blushed. "Yeah, that too."

He chuckled. "No reason to blush. I thought it was funny."

I rolled my eyes. "You think everything's funny." We both laugh.

Then, Jake's fingers entwined with mine. "That was involuntary. I should have turned off my phone."

I sighed. "Alice would have ran here, gotten me by my hair, and dragged me to the house."

Jake laughed. "That's true. And she would have killed me."

I frowned. I didn't like the talk of him being hurt in anyway.

Jake smiled. "Come on, I was just kidding." I was fully aware that he could hear my thoughts. I shook my head.

"I don't like the idea of you getting killed, let alone hurt."

He laughed. "You worry too much, just like your mom." I shrugged.

Jake sighed. I asked, "What is it, Jake?"

He said, "I think it's time to tell you." I waited.

He said, "Renesmee... you know what Imprinting is, right?"

I nodded. "It's when werewolves find their soul mate. Like more than love at first sight, my mom told me."

Jacob nodded. "That's right. You know how Quil's Imprinted?"

I nodded. "And Sam, Paul, and Jared. Four werewolves have Imprinted, right?"

Jake sighed. "Five, actually."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Five? Who's the fifth?"

He answered, "Me. I've Imprinted."

I was taken aback and I ripped my hand away from Jacob's. Jacob... Imprinted? How could he not tell me this? Who was she? Did I know her? Was she pretty?

Jake amended, "Look, Nessie, it's not what you think."

I shook my head, not wanting to listen to him. I thought he wanted to kiss me. I thought he liked me. I couldn't believe this!

I asked him, "Why couldn't you tell me this? I thought we told each other everything, Jake! I thought we were best friends... maybe even more."

He took my hands. "We are more, Nessie. You know and I know it."

I took my hands away from him again. "Jake, you can't pick two girls. And you can't stay away from your Imprint. You know what, I shouldn't even be here."

I started to walk away when he took my hand again. "Nessie, you didn't let me finish." I glared at him, hesitating before sighing and turning to him again.

He said, "Nessie, I did Imprint. A long time ago." I frowned. How long has he kept this from me? Then he took both of my hands. "But I couldn't tell you until you were ready for it. Your dad and mom made me promise not to tell you until I was sure how you would take it." He took both of my hands and looked deep into my eyes as he started. "I Imprinted with a beautiful girl. Someone I can trust, someone who is amazing and incredible. I fell in love with a girl who's so kind, so sweet, such a hopeless romantic, and the funniest girl I had ever met in my entire life. I want to hold her everyday and I can't bear to be away from her for just one second. I want to hold her in my arms forever, because we have forever. Renesmee, I Imprinted on you."

I blinked a few times before the words sunk in. Jacob Imprinted on me? He nodded.

I asked, "When?"

He sighed. "The moment you were born. Just... I didn't feel the same way I feel now. I felt like I was your brother when you were growing up. But, now... not so much." He smiled, trying to lighten the mood. I smiled, remembering his words about me.

"You think I'm amazing?"

He nodded. "And funny, sweet, kind, beautiful. You're perfect, Renesmee. And I can't imagine anyone else in my life." I smiled.

"Is it my turn to talk about you," I asked him, smiling.

He nodded. "Give it to me. There are a ton of flaws."

I laughed. "I don't think so." I wrapped my arms around his neck and stared into his deep, dark eyes. "Jacob, I'm in love with the man who makes me smile, who makes me laugh, and makes me feel like a whole person. I can't bear at how insanely beautiful he is and how lucky I am to have him by my side. He makes me feel alive and beautiful and he makes me feel like... me. I can be myself around him and I don't have to prove anything to him. He's so amazingly perfect, something I could never achieve. I hate to be away from him because it breaks my heart. If he ever left me, I wouldn't ever ask for anyone else to fall in love with because he's all I need. I'm in love with my best friend, Jacob."

He smiled and said, "I can't believe you think of me that way. I'm not any of those things."

I said, "You are to me. You're perfect exactly the way you are. Don't you ever change."

He smiled. "I won't."

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect moment. Our faces were just inches apart. His face leaned closed to mine as he closed his eyes. I smiled and closed my eyes, too. His lips brushed against my cheek, placing a small kiss, then traveled to my lips, where they lingered and then met. His lips crushed mine passionately. I sighed contently and caressed the sides of his face, keeping him prisoner in the kiss. He chuckled and kissed me still. It was amazing, beautiful, and everything that I've always dreamed of (literally).

Then, he sighed and pulled away.

He looked at me with a broad smile on his face. I felt the blush touch my cheeks as I took his hand and let him enter my thoughts. 

My birthday wish came true, I told him mentally.

He smiled and squeezed my hand, kissing my cheek.

Then, he sighed. "We have to go. Your dad's not gonna be happy about this."

I nodded. "Okay."

We walked back to the car, hand in hand, as always. He kissed me just once before getting into the car and driving off to my house. Throughout the whole car ride, my heart was pounding, my head reeling. I felt so much in love, so much passion, it was hardly describable. But two words could describe what I felt at that very moment.

Jacob Black.

Thank you so much :) I'm really glad you like it :)
FABULOUS!!!! As always lol, keep me posed XD
haha. Thanks, Izzy :) I'll for sure keep you posted :)

Just loved it.

Please post more really, really soon.

Can't wait for more :)

Chapter 5

As soon as we got home, I tried to stop thinking about Jake and thought about the time when my dad, mom, and I spent a whole day together. We had gone to the pier, I got my first haircut that day, and we just had so much fun that day, just away from everything and everyone else. I smiled.

Jake and I walked inside the house. The party was officially over and Alice was cleaning the house. She smiled at us, stopping at her work.

"Hey, you two," she said, winking at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Alice..."

She laughed her high, silvery laugh and winked again. "Naughty kids."

I felt my face get all hot and I looked down at the floor. Jacob squeezed my hand.

"It's alright, Nessie,” he whispered to me.

I took a deep breath and nodded. We walked to the couch, sitting down. I sighed. "It was a long day today."

Jake nodded. "I'm dead beat."

I nodded, too, and laid my head on Jake's shoulder. I closed my eyes and sighed again. Almost everything was silent, so I just listened to the sounds of our heartbeats, mine fluttering like a hummingbird, and his like a steady drum.

"Ahem," I heard someone clear their throat.

I immediately opened my eyes, sat up straight, and scooted a few feet away from Jacob, my face turning red again.

"Hi, daddy," I said nervously.

My mom and dad were standing in front of me and Jake now, my father not looking very pleased. He was frowning, his eyes filled with suspicion.

"What's going on here," my father asked, his composed voice not matching his facial features.

I answered, "Nothing, dad." Then, my mind slipped. For that tenth of a second, I had remembered when Jake and I went to the beach and had that moonlit picnic, laughing and having a great time. My dad's frown deepened.

"Jacob," he said, his voice still composed. "Bella and I need to speak with Renesmee in private, if you don't mind."

Jacob looked at my dad for a second, squinting his eyes. "Sure," he said after a while. "Go ahead. I'll be waiting outside." Jake got off the couch and glared at my dad from the corner of his eye before heading out the door.

I looked down at the floor as my dad and mom sat beside me.

"Honey," my mom said, smoothing my hair.

I refused to look at her. "Yes?"

She sighed. "He told you, didn't he?"

I nodded, and finally looked at her. "Why didn't you tell me before, mom?"

It was my dad who answered, "We didn't know how you would take it, Renesmee. We didn't want you to feel awkward around Jacob, but we didn't want you to feel like you had to love him, even if you didn't want to."

I asked, "But didn't you know how I felt about him? I've loved him like a brother for so long... but now..."

My dad frowned again and my mom said, "Oh, we've known. You father hears you thinking about him all the time and Jasper can feel your emotions around Jacob. We've known, honey."

I asked, fuming now, "Well, why didn't you tell me?!"

My mother said, calm, "We didn't tell you because Jacob was supposed to be the one to tell you. It's not our secret to tell, Renesmee." I took a deep breath, trying to calm down; she was right.

My mom said, "But that's not the reason we came down here."

I looked at her, waiting.

My dad said, "We came to give you your birthday present from both of us."

My dad took out a bag by the couch and handed it to me. I took out the tissue paper and in the bag was a small box and something wrapped in wrapping paper, both had an envelope taped to them. I took the envelop under the small box, opened it, and read it. The front was beautiful, flowers sketched on the front and my name written in perfect calligraphy: Renesmee. I smiled and opened my card. It was from my mom. It read:

My dearest Renesmee,
You're such a miracle to me and your father. We've loved since before you were born. You're so gentle, beautiful, kind, sweet, and the most perfect little girl any parent could ever hope for. You have some things from both me and your father, not only physically, but mentally as well. You're careful, loving, beautiful and you know exactly how to make someone feel better, just as Edward. You're also curious, stubborn, and very observant, such as myself. The best qualities from the parents, given to their wonderful, amazing daughter. I loved you, even when you nearly killing me
(I smiled at the part). I could never ask for anything more from you than to just do your best and reach for the sky. I trust you and I know that you'll make the right choices. Whatever you decide to do, know that your father and I will be beside you through it all, supporting you.

We love you so much and we hope you have a happy birthday.

Love for all of eternity,
Mom

I felt the tears welling in my eyes as I took the box and opened it. I gasped when I saw what was in the box. There, on top of black velvet, were earrings. They were beautifully blue sapphire studs, my birthstone, with vine-like silver holding the sapphires. They shined in the florescent light.

"Mom... this is beautiful. Where did you get it?"

She smiled. "It was my Gran's. She gave it to me along with the hair pin that I wore to my wedding. Your grandpa gave that to me a few months back and, since I had no need for them and I couldn't think of a more perfect present, I thought you would like them."

I nodded. "They're so amazing, mom. Thank you." I hugged my mother.

"Now open mine," my father said, clearly excited. I took the envelop from the present and opened it. On the front, it simply read: My lovely daughter, Renesmee. I opened the inside and read it.

Renesmee,
I can't ask for anyone as special as you are. You're definitely a great gift to your mother and I. We hadn't expected you to be part of our lives, but I'm very happy that you are. The moment your mother knew you were conceived, she loved you in that instant. She didn't care of all the pain she was going through, she didn't care that you were nearly killing her
(again, I had to smile), she just wanted you. She loved you from the very start, even when she had to go through all that pain. In the end, you were practically loved by everyone you came across. And now, you've grown into a mature, beautiful young lady and the most perfect daughter.

I hope your present means a lot to you. When you feel lost or in pain, or mad, or you just need to vent your feelings out, you could use your present. I hope that you would share it with me when you need advice. I would love to help you out with anything you need.

Know that your mother and I will always love you and would never do anything to hurt you. We're trying to keep you safe and secure because we love you too much to let you go. So, please, be understanding and have an open mind. That will lead you to the good choice in life. The sky's the limit and we want you to be happy, no matter what choice you make.

Love, always and forever,
Dad

I smiled and took out the present. I ripped the wrapping paper and revealed a book. It was pure, real black leather, on the front printed in gold: Renesmee's Diary. I opened it up and saw the blank lined paper.

My dad said, "And you could add more paper if you ever run out."

I smiled and hugged my father. "Thank you. This is so incredible. I love it so much." He chuckled and kissed the top of my head.

"You're welcome."

I let go of him and said, "I'll write in it every day. And I will share some with you... but not all of it."

He laughed. "Whatever you would like, Renesmee."

I smiled at my parents and said, "These are the best birthday presents that I could ever ask for. Thank you, both." \

They smiled and hugged me. "You're welcome, my daughter," my mom said. "Just be happy today."

I said, "I've been happy today."

They let go of me and my dad said, "So, what's this about Jacob? Are you two...?”

I sighed. "I don't know, dad. I think it would be better if my parents would approve of the guy I love- I mean, like."

My mom smiled. "Renesmee, love? Are you in love with Jacob?"

I blushed. "I'm not so sure about that yet. But I would like to find out."

My dad sighed. "Well, I just want you to be happy, so... you can..." Then, he mumbled quietly, "date Jacob."

I smiled and threw my arms around him. "Thanks, daddy. Don't worry. I'll make sure that we're responsible and careful."

He smiled crookedly. "Alright. I trust you, Renesmee."

I smiled. "Thank you."

I stood up and took the bag, kissed my parents good night, and walked out of the door. Outside, Jacob was waiting by the doorway.

"So, what happened," he asked.

I held up my bag. "They gave me birthday presents. And we talked..."

He looked at me suspiciously. "And they said?"

I smiled. "They said that they're fine with it!"

He smiled and grabbed my waist, twirling me around in the air. "Yes," he exclaimed triumphantly.

I laughed and he set me back down on the ground. I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

He said, "This is great, Nessie." I looked at him and smiled, my arms still prompted on his shoulders.

"It really is."

Jacob, without hesitating, pressed his lips to mine, happy and eager. I smiled and kissed him back, happy that I could finally stop hiding my feelings from him. I'm so happy that we could be together and not hide a thing from my parents.

"Oh wait," he said, breaking our kiss.

"What?"

He reached into his pants pocket and gave me a small wooden box with a bow around it.

He smiled. "Happy birthday."

I smiled and opened the box. I gasped. In the box was a necklace, the pendant a small carving of a wolf howling to the moon.

I asked, "Jake, where did you find this?"

He simply said, "I made it. It took me a while though. My dad's better at it than I am. It's just so you can always remember me."

I felt the tears flow down my cheeks. "This is beautiful, Jake. Thank you."

He smiled. I clasped the necklace around my neck, holding the pendant. "I love it. I'll wear it everywhere I go." Now, I have a locket and a wolf necklace, both reminding me of the people I loved.

He kissed me tenderly then whispered in my ear, "Happy birthday, Nessie."

I smiled. "It is now."

He smiled, too, and then hugged me tightly.

Jacob walked me to my house in the woods, kissed me goodbye, and phased to patrol our house. I smiled and walked into my house, into my room, and lay down on my bed. I sighed. Today was long and crazy. So many emotions, all in one day. Love, anger, embarrassment, understanding, and passion. I smiled and changed into my PJs, a yellow tank top that ended just above my naval and blue sweatpants. I took my hair out of its ponytail and let it out.

Then, I heard heavy, low breathing. I looked out my window and laughed when I saw Jacob in his wolf form. I smiled and opened my window, petting his head. I heard a low rumble from his throat, his laugh. I smiled again.

"Nice, dog."

He laughed his throaty laugh and smiled at me.

"Goodnight, Jacob."

He licked my cheek and ran off into the woods again. I smiled and kept my window open, just in case he needed to crash somewhere.

I grabbed my bag of my parents' presents to me, placed the earrings on my nightstand to wear in the morning, and took out my diary. I wrote the date, September 10, 11:15 PM, and wrote in the first entry.

Dear Diary,
Today was my birthday. It was a really amazing day, probably the best day I've ever had. First, I had this wonderful dream of Jacob and I on the beach, the stars dancing around us and we were so in love. Then, I spent the whole day with Jacob, eating breakfast, going to see a movie, and had a great time at the beach. We were laughing and playing around, but then Jake was about to kiss me when his phone rang and interrupted us.

Then, we went to the surprise party that Alice was throwing me; I didn't want a huge party, but Alice will be Alice, the crazy, fashion-loving, party animal that we all love. It was great. I met some old friends from our battle against the Volturi, like Zafrina and Nahuel. They were really nice and I was glad that they came to visit.

Jake and I went back down to the beach and had a nice dinner (who knew he could cook?). Then, Jake told me he had Imprinted on me. Then... I had my first kiss! It was amazing and I really do like Jacob. After, we went home and I talked to my parents about it. They said they were fine with it and I couldn't believe it. My dad seemed pretty strict about it, but he understands enough to know that when you love someone, you will never let them go, no matter how hard you try.

I can't tell if I really love Jacob. I mean, I like him. I like him a lot. But love? I think I might. I mean, I've known him for the longest time and I really do think he's the perfect guy for me. I know he's my other half, but I barely found out he Imprinted on me today. I just want to be in that boyfriend-girlfriend state just for a while until things become more serious and official.

Well, I'm dead beat, so I think I'm gonna go to sleep. Goodnight.

I closed the leather book, put it in the drawer of my nightstand, turned off my light and went to sleep. The last thing I remember hearing is the piercing sound of a wolf howling into the night.

post more
haha as soon as I can :)
Loved it. Post more really soon! :)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service